RUGGEDMAN

Posted on Wednesday, August 2nd, 2006 at 5:49 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Ruggedman is my favourite Nigerian rapper. I luv his flow and his lyrics are always on point! I have luved his music ever since he unleashed his diss track – “Ehen” where he basically called-out every single Nigerian rapper. Ruggedman is back with a new album and the first single is called “Club Rugged”. The song is very catchy, well-produced and his flow is tight as usual.

TUNE: Indian melody in the background – CHECK
LYRICS: “…Wind ur waist for me….” – CHECK
VOCALS: Girl whispering seductively in the background (LOL) – CHECK

Anyway, I still luv the song!!!! I am sure his second single, “Ruggedy Baba” has a more Nigerian flava…….I will definitely buy his new album…U guys should get it when it hits stores soon
Click HERE to download Club Rugged – Brand New
Click HERE to download Baraje – From his last album
Click HERE to download Ehen – Ruggedman’s diss track
See his official website HERE

In terms of gist, Ruggedman now has a pimped out BMW with monogrammed seats….I dunno y it is news when Nigerian musicians buy cars……as if people dont expect them to be able to afford one? well, I guess music now pays in Nigeria!
What do u guys think of Ruggedman? Is he cute…lol? “Club Rugged”? Does Nigerian hip-hop lack a unique identity? Is it just a wannabe version of American Hip-Hop?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 8 Comments on “RUGGEDMAN”

Comments
    • Dimples August 2, 2006 at 12:25 PM

As for me o I like Ruggedman’s music..very creative videos involving not bad choreography and colorful if I might add.

Cute??? He’s not bad as in really and truly he could look like Omobaba (Funny Naija comedian)…lol!!!
      Our hip-hop music is most definitely improving and will soon have it’s own sense of uniqueness, but bearing that in mind there are quite a few wannabe Yankee Hip hop musician who still need to be HELPED(..as in seriously u should see what we in England get to watch on tv :(

But I see that bright light down the tunnel…so undeniably from hence forth FORWARD it shall be for the Nigerian Music scene.

Bella Naija when are u going to do something on Dare Art-Alade and his fellow Storm records artists???

• Bella Naija August 2, 2006 at 12:49 PM

I already did something on dare…check the archives but I will do somethong on Storm asap…they r really doing big things in the nigerian music industry!

• TaureanMinx August 2, 2006 at 1:10 PM

I like his music. Dont really know that i’d know him if I saw him outside. Nigerian music is blowing up..Ikechukwu, SoulE Baba etc. We are on a roll!

• Miss TiMi August 2, 2006 at 3:58 PM

First and formost, i think i have found out about more Nigerian artists (musical and otherwise) by checkin up on ur blog than from any other resource in mah life, tatz tite! 2ndly Miss Nigeria is HOOTT why dint she place please? and finally…i dno Naija music has tat wannabe hip-hop flava to it…but itz still different juzz cause at least we add out own slangs and stuff, tat really spices things up a lil i think.

• Anonymous August 2, 2006 at 8:50 PM

VOCALS: Girl whispering seductively in the background (LOL)- CHECK

haahahahahahahahhaahh
      so true. I still love him though

• Ehi August 3, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Bella I just have to say thank you for building up my naija music collection…

• D Man February 5, 2007 at 1:44 AM

Its here finally.Come March 3rd 2007,all roads lead to the Vault Night Club where Ruggedman drops his 2nd album.Its going to be crazy.TIME-10PM GATE FEE-N2000 and you get the new Ruggedman album,a Ruggedman 2007 Calender and a Ruggedman poster.SPEACIAL APPEARANCES BY- Paul Play,Abagana,P.square,Weird Mc,Original Stereo man,Basketmouth,Neydo and many more.Full coverage by Sound City,NTA,Ait,Solid Vibes,Nigeze,Stv and all Nigerian print media.COME AND CELEBRATE WITH one of Nigerias Leading acts.SPREAD THE WORD.

• Anonymous August 27, 2007 at 10:47 PM

can some1 pls re-up that ruggedman new albuum.. cant get hold of it here in the uk…