GENEVIEVE

Posted on Monday, August 7th, 2006 at 3:35 AM

By BellaNaija.com

I was looking through the blog this weekend and was shocked to find out that I had never featured, Genevieve!
A Nigerian blog without Genevieve Nnaji is simply incomplete. I know I am being dramatic but seriously…lol
Anyway, Genevieve is a good actress and I am proud of any woman who is doing her thing in a big way!
Each time I read a story about her in the press, they are always going on and on about how she is snobbish and rude. I guess that was part of the reason she got ‘banned’ my Nigerian movie marketers. I’ve met Genevieve a couple of times and I have to say that she was really nice. If I was going to mention anything, it would be that she seemed kinda shy.
Anyway, here are some shots of Genevieve from a magazine cover feature earlier this year. I think she looks really good especially in the cover shot.
She can be seen in Ego Boyo’s new movie, ’30 Days’ which is out now!

HERE is the ’30 days’ movie website.
Pictures From Mimi Magazine. For their website click HERE
Is she overrated? Misunderstood? Has anyone seen the new movie? Is she looking good?
What do y’all think?
Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 32 Comments on “GENEVIEVE”

Comments
    • Dammie August 7, 2006 at 5:23 AM

Hmmmm, our Sharon stone [apparently, lol}

She’s gorgeous!

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 6:56 AM

I have met Genevieve before and she is a beautiful person inside and out. It doesn’t surprise me that some people think she is a snub because that is an excuse for their jealousy. I think she is one of the better Nigerian actresses we have and is beautiful as well as smart. Rock on Ms Nnaji!!!

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 7:48 AM

She is alright.

• CoolDigest August 7, 2006 at 10:21 AM

who are we to judge anyone anyways… I think she’s fabulous and a good actress. but she needs to expand her talent, and try and keep of the dirty media… or maybe its one of those many media stunt (dunno)… but bigs ups all the same…

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Media Stunt ke?What does Naija know about stunts. all them sabi na to dey put people untrue gist inside city people. Ms Nnaji is a great actress..

• Onada August 7, 2006 at 3:17 PM

genevive is gorgeous and i love her. she’s a good actress as well. People need to chill on all the negativity jo!

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 4:22 PM

I think she is really talented and is beautiful but I wonder why Stella Damascus has not made it as big as Gen has cos I think she is actually more talented

• Belle August 7, 2006 at 4:45 PM

me thinks she is beautiful…. haven’t watched enough of her movies to know if she can act or not.

• zaiprincesa August 7, 2006 at 5:06 PM

i think she’s beautiful..even more so in person..met her a couple of times..not snubbish..just a bit reserved or shy!..but wots up with the fur in naija?..can i say Heat Stroke..or PETA!…lol

• Biodun August 7, 2006 at 5:13 PM

I think she is beautiful n I have seen one or 2 of her movies, naija movies aint really my thing. She was great in the movies though. I also saw her Lux bill board when I was in naija, they were really nice. Girl check ur e-mail, send u the info u needed!

• Mari August 7, 2006 at 5:41 PM

she is a pretty gal. always happy to hear good things about her. all the negative media is the typical thing once you become famous. if u think about it, alot of shy people are considered snobs but thats not the case, they are just perceived the wrong way.

2cents: regarding the 1st pic, how they gonna photoshop her face like that and not do anything to smoothen out the skin on her body. Its a nice pic but not properly done IMO.

• Adaure August 7, 2006 at 6:00 PM

I don’t think she is shy at all o. That girl is a GANSTA NO NONSENSE BABE!!LOL!! Met her and Rita Dominic a few months ago. As i was just dying of laughter over her antics and her assertion(in naija speak ‘gra-gra’) She seems like a cool and down to earth chick with people she knows. As per the snubbish part, that comes with the territory of being a ‘naija babe’(as if ya’ll don’t do that too) and I don’t think it is more so that than she probably didn’t have much in common to discuss with the attempting ‘discusser’. Not everybody can be like ‘Addy’ and be all up in your face shining teeth and striking up a conversation. LOL. Anyways n the short time that I was around her at the Nollywood convention I got a good impression of her than has been made out to be.

• beautyinbaltimore August 7, 2006 at 6:34 PM

From the first movie I saw her in I knew she would go far. She is so nice looking.

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 8:41 PM

saw the movie…met her, not too thrilled though. In my opinion the other girls in the movie fine pass her, but i still like her though

• NaijaBloke August 7, 2006 at 9:09 PM

Thank u very much for that kwesion jere Teelo06,whats up with the fur now..
      Snubbish or no snubbish …shez making her dough and repping herself.
      Make I carry my own gist sef …I sabi her for Qwerri when she been dey secondary skool.

• Ehi August 7, 2006 at 9:52 PM

I love Genevieve….wonderful actress though she has acted her share of razz movies…haha.She’s really gorgeous for someone with a kid..

• Anonymous August 7, 2006 at 10:53 PM

ehen! awon claimers..LOL..just kidding. I met her too. Actually, i didnt meet her. I think she is purrty! (pretty)

• Bella Naija August 8, 2006 at 3:59 AM

@anonymous….stop hatin..we have all met her in reality and in our dreams…lol….
      one of my friends organized a birthday party for her last year…he now introduced my sister and i to her….my sister didnt know who she was…imagine? and she has lived in nigeria for the last 2 yers..second time was last xmas at j.a’s white beach party…

@adaure….nollywood convention? u have gome far oooo…where was this? how was rita?

• Mona August 8, 2006 at 6:24 PM

I went for that allwhite beach party really saw genevieve sitting in the corner…no one was hyped up abt her i guess teheh….i dunno what shes like but mot of the press we get is bad soooo i guess i have swayed with that….THESE PICS ARE GORGEOUS THO

• sisi eko August 8, 2006 at 11:42 PM

that babe is cool and we just need to encourage her not to pull her down.

• Don Chi a.k.a. Blog Marley August 9, 2006 at 10:50 AM

The cover? HOT! Photo shoot? Exquisite.
      However, I puke on Nollywood. Honestly! I’m ashamed to say the least and dammie dearest, Eucharia Anunobi is Nigeria’s Sharon Stone! It’s all a joke! A bad one at that.
      Ok. Who’s mad @ me now? You don’know?
      I IS A RANTER!!!

• Bella Naija August 9, 2006 at 1:39 PM

I luv watching Nigerian Movies!! Wat! I am proud of Nollywood…..Yeah, yeah…most storylines are the same, they always use the same actors, sound and picture quality isnt that good BUT Nollywood rocks! No 1 Ranter, Don Chi great 2 see u around!

• undressed*polaroid August 12, 2006 at 12:28 PM

i dont know much about her but she acts and/or sings.

BUT that cover shot is fabulous. She is beautiful, not make-up magic..true beauty

• Anonymous October 18, 2006 at 10:33 PM

According to Mimi magazine, The pictures of Genevieve were shot in Vancouver, Canada. her stylist was Ken Shapkin who is puts up the Vancouver fashion week.

Meanwhile I have seen the movie and yes there are some fine girls there oo. They will give her arun for her money. But she still got the X factor

• Anonymous June 13, 2007 at 3:36 PM

I’ve seen Genevieve in movies n in Liberia, n she’s very gorgeous n a determined young single mother. those who say negative things ’bout her are only jealous of her progress. she’s my role model. HAIL MISS LUX.

• Anonymous June 13, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Genevieve is a shy n simple girl. People mistake her shyness as being snubbish, others are mere detractors. Keep Rocking Ms BEAUTY!!!

• Mazeedat June 22, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Genevieve, rock on. I don’t know her personally, but by her movies and persona, she is doing awesome

• Anonymous July 19, 2007 at 1:48 PM

she is cute an anyone saying otherwise is just jealous of this babes beauty.

• Sugabelly November 20, 2007 at 1:56 AM

I sincerely think she’s overated. Yes, she acts better than most, but she doesn’t act that well to begin with. And isn’t it funny the way she keeps on playing the same role? The Love Interest, The Innocent Love Interest, The Embattled Love Interest, The Love Interest that’s Getting Revenge, The Rags to Riches Love Interest, …….always the same. I feel that she is unable to adapt and evolve into different roles, which is the mark of a true actress.

• Anonymous January 20, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Bella Babes. In answer to ur question. Genevieve is all that and a bag of chips. She is a much misunderstood Nollywood/Nigerian actress.

I am not sure what pple are expecting from her. She is human. She cannot please everyone if she can help it.

Some of the complainers and whiners of her attitude; i guess, have the biggest attitudes of all, if not, why complain? Why not, try to get to know her for themselves then they can deem fit to judge her.

Thanks for the space Miss Bella to voice my opinion, i appreciate it.

• mary January 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM

till date she is still the best!!! we need anor like her in the home movies

• Rebecca Roberts May 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM

ppl should not expect genny to walk around all day with a smile on her face, she is just as human as the rest of us ding,…………. i met her sometimes last year and she is actually very nice. haters get over yourselves.