BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – DAY 2

Posted on Wednesday, August 9th, 2006 at 7:09 AM

By BellaNaija.com

I hope u guys r enjoyin’ our lil’ fashion week. The comments yesterday were sooooo entertaining…..I was just crackin’ up all day!!!! I am looking forward to more today cause we are going to vote at the end of the week….Yes, it’s THAT serious…LOL….Let’s go!

BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – ETHIOPIA – AFRICAN MOSAIQUE

THE DESIGNER – AFRICAN MOSAIQUE

Ethiopia’s only high fashion label, African Mosaique was launched in 2004. Every year since then has seen a new collection being developed, creating a fusion of contemporary African inspired ready-to-wear and couture wear.
African Mosaique was created by Anna Getaneh, its Managing and Creative Director. Anna is a fashion-cultural enthusiast, humanitarian, and an acclaimed former international model. From her base in Paris and New York City, her modeling career spanned close to 10 years, working with renowned designers such as Christian Lacroix, Ungaro, Yves St. Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Escada, and Donna Karan.
Anna’s hallmark is her passion about children and development. She has done global advocacy work for UNICEF , the United Nations Children’s Fund, on African themes. Click HERE for the African Mosaique website.

FUN FACT: There is really no fun fact but I have to say that Anna Getaneh who is the creative director of the label is in her 40s but she is sooooooo gorgeous! I hope and pray that I look that good at that age……..Anyway, my mum is in her 40s and is even more gorgeous (ummm….ok mum, I said it….can I have my $100 now…lol)

Hot or Not? Fiyah or just plain vanilla? Anyway, what do u guys think?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 24 Comments on “BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – DAY 2”

Comments
    • LondonBuki August 9, 2006 at 9:36 AM

I really like these outfits. Especially the second outfit, the top is gorgeous.

• CoolDigest August 9, 2006 at 10:17 AM

wicked styles. the skirts designs do make a whole lotta sense, but i rather see brighter colors.

blog on babe!!!

• Omolabake August 9, 2006 at 1:53 PM

The collection looks more “wearable” than the South African collection featured y’day.
      I’m already thinking about what color of ankara I’m going to use to sew that top outfit to the right…hmmm
      The designer is quite hot as known with a lot of Ethiopian ladies.
      @ dimples….what kind of image do they have in England….?

Happy B’DAY to ME!!!…..Got to get ready for the day…..lol

• Onada August 9, 2006 at 2:00 PM

this is my favorite designer so far!

• Adaure August 9, 2006 at 2:41 PM

love this line.. i can see myself rawking these outfits. I AM AN ETHIOPIAN/SOMALI HATER O….. their women always look 15 even when they are 80 and their hair is just jagajaga any how all over the place… not fair o… just giving the rest of us africans a complex. As in can I just put my hair in water and have a haute couture style ….LOL. But we give glory to God for botox and plastic surgery. Anyways as I said this chic and her style are HOT

• Bella Naija August 9, 2006 at 2:56 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Omolabake…All the best girl!!! Thanks for the wedding website update…

• Biodun August 9, 2006 at 3:06 PM

lol @ Adaure’s comment, I love every outfit!!! This designer is off the chain o, I have to find a way to sew some of her stuff.

• If I could say more August 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM

Bella Naija,

I’m loving this designer because of the bright colors, the wearability and the fact that it is just so me! Or rather, it looks like something I would love to wear. Nice nice, so I love fashion, I can appreciate it and I appreciate this.

Keep it up Bella.

Please include info of stock lists of the designers if you can, I would love to know where I can purchase some items, or in the reality of my world right now, where can I window shop and try on clothes?! he he!

• Miss TiMi August 9, 2006 at 4:29 PM

Im LOVING this stuff alot! Its looks comfortable, wearable and vibrant…”sexy classy” i’ll tag it and since im lovin that style of dressing i cud tottaly see myself wearing most of this stuff! Props to African Mosaique! She is definately worthy of being featured in my newsletter *wink wink*. oh and erm can I pls get that wedding website update too :D

• zaiprincesa August 9, 2006 at 4:44 PM

Hot Stuvvs!..Me Likey…very creative designs..keep em coming bella!

• Belle August 9, 2006 at 5:04 PM

oh oh… Ethiopia representing… yeeeeeaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Miss TiMi August 9, 2006 at 5:43 PM

checked out the website…she does a kids line too! tatz so cute! yeap yeap a feature on her is definately wat “the beat” needs!

• Dammie August 9, 2006 at 5:45 PM

very wearable…..very lovely!!!>…

I loveeeeeeee the yellow ensemble!!

• Dammie August 9, 2006 at 5:46 PM

Happy Birthday!! “Omolabake”!!!! Wish you all the best life has got to offer *muah*

• Parazone Super Bleach August 9, 2006 at 7:25 PM

Designs are very wearable. Great stuff!

• Icy August 9, 2006 at 8:44 PM

I’m totally digging this shege :) I’ve been aware of Anna for like a year her stuff is so hot. The top with the illustrations on them however are by http://www.aissata.com/ (Aissata) Another fab model.. I’m digging this blog o!.. no doubt! lol!

• Bella Naija August 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM

@ icy…i see what you are saying but that tee/top was featured in the african mosaique show…maybe anna copied it or had permission to use it…thanks for the info o….ur eye for detail is tooo mad….

• Ehi August 9, 2006 at 10:37 PM

I am defintely loving Anna’s creations…….very gorgeous.

@ Bella keep up the good work..I love your blog.

• naijagal August 9, 2006 at 10:50 PM

nice one I am inspired! did you all know that jim iyke is a designer too?

• Smoothvibes August 10, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Nice blog Sweetie! I swear I din’t even realise it was u until I recently saw ur forwarded mail….

• Koketso August 10, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Anna & Aissata are friends so she featured those t-shirts in her show last year. Shes actually based in South africa & before that she was living in New York. African Mosaique actually started out as a big annual fashion show 10 yrs ago featuring African/european fashion designers with the help of some of her model friends volunteering to raise money for Annas Ethiopian childrens fund. I’ve also provided clothes in her past shows a couple of yrs ago.She launched the brand last year which promotes the use of african textiles.
      The Ethiopian childrens fund was just an idea at one time and through fashion over the years its really become something big and very inspiring for everybody out there that has a mission. Check out for my handbags in her store in Johannesburg holiday season. http://www.ethiopianchildrensfund.org

• Adaure August 10, 2006 at 4:04 AM

JIM IYKE IS A DESIGNER !!!!!!
      BUUUUUUAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHHHHHAAAA!!!!

• beautyinbaltimore August 10, 2006 at 4:58 AM

I remember Anna from her days as a top model. She is by far one of the most beautiful women in the world. I think she opened the door for Lyla Kabede. Her clothes are very beautiful. Like Bella mentioned Ethopian women are very beautiful.

• somborri August 10, 2006 at 5:28 AM

y’all know im on the phone to my mommy right now and im simultaneously sending the second pic on the right to her. so that as soon as she gets back to naija she can start organzing her tailor for some knockoffs lol.

very wearable!