BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – DAY 4

Posted on Friday, August 11th, 2006 at 10:17 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Wow! Today is the last day of our fashion week. I’m sooo glad that u guys enjoyed it….I hope so anyway. I tried to show collections that were really different to highlight the diversity and creativity of African designers. I’m sure you are wondering why there were no Nigerian designers featured. Well, we have our very own Nigerian Fashion week coming up soon and its going to be AMAZING. I’m going away for the weekend then I’ll be back on Sunday to go see Lagbaja……should be fun! Make sure u vote and have a lovely weekend! Ciao…

BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – TANZANIA – MUSTAFA HASSANALI

THE DESIGNER – MUSTAFA HASSANALI

Mustafa Hassanali may only be 25 but he has achieved a great deal. Fashion was originally a hobby, but has since become a full-fledged career. His passion for elegance, style, flamboyancy, glamour and glitz has not gone unnoticed by most of East Africa’s crème de la crème.
His collections have been shown widely throughout Africa and Italy and his exquisite handwork, detailed beadwork and creative ensemble embellishments have made Mustafa Hassanali a sought after brand name in the couture market.

Fun Fact: Mustafa is also is a medical doctor, writer, events coordinator, culture vulture and well-known socialite…WOW!!!

Hot or Not? What do u guys think?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 18 Comments on “BELLA NAIJA AFRICA FASHION WEEK – DAY 4”

Comments
    • TaureanMinx August 11, 2006 at 11:50 AM

All have been fab but I vote for African Mosaiq(sp). I love the vibrant colours and the cut of the clothes. Bravo!

• TeeKay August 11, 2006 at 12:08 PM

I love the main dress, im digging the mixture of the fabrics. Im off to get this sewn. Brilliant Post.

• Adaure August 11, 2006 at 2:40 PM

HOT for the runway.. NOT for the highway…lol…. by the way where is the NIgerian Fashion Week at, I read somewhere that it’s also in SA.. what’s up with that abeg… it’s like having NY fashion week in LA…. help with info when you get back from your weekend.

• Biodun August 11, 2006 at 3:54 PM

I love the main outfit also, the collection is baddd. Thanks so much girl for giving us front roll sits to fashion week African style, lol. Keep it coming n have fun @ d Lagbaja concert, if the guy would only come to Atl when he is in the states.

• zaiprincesa August 11, 2006 at 4:42 PM

i am soo loving the main dress too..its not conventional..but its fabulous!..
      @ Adaure: lol..i concure..Not fit for the highway!

• Mari August 11, 2006 at 6:31 PM

Not hot! Here’s my order of preference:

Day 2 and Day 3 rank at number 1
      Day 1 and
      Day 4.

• Anonymous August 11, 2006 at 6:47 PM

the designer is 25 AND he has such a diverse portfolio to his name?! OKAY…

• Nneka's world August 11, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Wow the dresses here are burriful!!!!
      I vote for day 3 and day 2, the dresses are simply stunning and i want one!

• Koketso August 11, 2006 at 8:46 PM

Nigerian fashion week is in Nigeria. The designers showing in South Africa that are Nigerian are doing it mainly for exposure or are invited to be part of a special presentation. Its just like a nigerian designer doing paris fashion week.. they are just reaching out to another market.
      Bellanaija check out another great S.A brand http://www.sungoddess.co.za, also check out Xuly Bet. He is a Senegalese designer in Paris who is doing VERY well there.

• naijagal August 11, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Aduare I believe I have an answer for you, will try to make that happen from today through next week. In any case love all the african designers clothes! They rock!

• Anna August 12, 2006 at 12:33 AM

the models and runway looks lovely but i’m not digging the Tanzanian style. something about the Ugandan show doesn’t make it right. the theme is too dark. i don’t know if their president kaputed. I am really loving the Ethiopia style; its very vibrant, unique, colourful and inspiration. Sout africa wasn’t that good either.

• Anonymous August 12, 2006 at 2:35 AM

does anyone have any episodes of big brother nigeria on tape or something. i can’t find any episodes and i’m dying to watch it. naija you have to have some episodes right? please someone. love your blog naija.

• undressed*polaroid August 12, 2006 at 12:30 PM

I cant even start but some of the stuff here is sick!! keep it up!!

• Jamar August 13, 2006 at 1:30 AM

Bump the outfits Bella im tryna holla at u. Can we see more pictures of u?

• Anonymous August 13, 2006 at 5:01 AM

aint no pix of bella on here! Pls no toasters its our fashion show jare!

• Jamar August 14, 2006 at 5:17 AM

C’mon baby…you so scrumptious..hmm hmmm uhmmm. your beauty is breathetaking bella.

• UnNaked Soul August 14, 2006 at 12:53 PM

My favourite from our BloggerFashionWeek with no love for any-other is Sylvia Owori. I like the use of black and its other shade. The pockerdot style (which is infact in vogue). Anyone who can use black, brilliantly sees beyond colours an into the light ;-)

• Miss TiMi August 14, 2006 at 4:31 PM

this stuff is alrite…colorful. However mah fave this week no contesting was AFRICAN MOSAIQUE!