FOR THE GENTLEMEN

Posted on Tuesday, November 14th, 2006 at 4:02 AM

By BellaNaija.com

I feature a lot of African women’s fashion but often the guys feel left out.

Today, its all about the MEN!
Check out some Hot African Fashion for the Gentlemen….ummm and its also a good opportunity for us ladies to oogle some eye candy…lol
ETHNIC
Designer: Sun Godd

CONTEMPORARY
Designer: The Holmes Brothers
FUSION
Designer: Amanda Laird Cherry

SOPHISTICATED
Designer: House of Ole
Soooo what do you think?
Hot or Not?
Ladies, would you like your man to wear any of these?
Gentlemen, would you rock any of these?

Let us know what you think…..

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 30 Comments on “FOR THE GENTLEMEN”

Comments
    • claudius_max November 14, 2006 at 4:37 AM

hmm.. I could see myself rocking anyone of those outfits. Some sophisticated, some traditional… I like that.

• Anonymous November 14, 2006 at 5:56 AM

i’d hate for any man i know to appear in public in any of these…with the possible exception of the “fusion” pieces…and i’m being generous.

• Bella Naija November 14, 2006 at 6:08 AM

@claudis – thanks for the comment..I can see that you are a fashion forward dude

@anonymous – LOL…I guess they are not for every dude

• Omodudu November 14, 2006 at 6:13 AM

I’d rock that contemporarary jacket anyday, it appears its inspired by the revolutionary army though.

• Adaure November 14, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Odika(it’s like) comb and sccissor is facing extinction along with the Gorillas… some of these dudes need to brush their hair or get a pair of scissors biko. Lol.

On a serious note I am feeling the suits

• broccolimakesmepuke November 14, 2006 at 8:39 AM

I love the suits.

• Angie November 14, 2006 at 10:10 AM

okay…the r very creative but honestly i will prefer my man in the suits unless we r going for a fashion show or something.

• bibi November 14, 2006 at 10:55 AM

House of Ole ‘s suits are quite nice..

• Sola November 14, 2006 at 1:41 PM

The suits are actually quite nice

• Mona November 14, 2006 at 1:52 PM

lol @ house of ole, cute hehe

• Anonymous November 14, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Hmm….the trad wears are seriously the gayest outfits i’ve seen on any runway…ever! I know it’s s’posed to be “haute”, but seriously??? the red bubu-esque one nearly caused me to have a seizure.

As for the suits, haba, i don’t think i got the memo that rumply and wrinkly are in…repeat after me…Downy wrinkle releaser.

• Adaure November 14, 2006 at 3:49 PM

House of Ole ? Lol… I missed that.. that’s too funny

• ABBEY November 14, 2006 at 3:58 PM

i have to agree with anon saying that some of the outfits look gay but they are not too outlandish for the fashion forward of the guys…on second thought maybe they are, I just pictured seeing a guy walking across lagos rocking the light blue overall/cape like thingy…he’ll probably look like a cross between guru maraji and a masai warrior. but then again thats high fashion for u.

the suits(and some of the guys) are hot though along with the bogus ties!

• Funmi November 14, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Bella do you have any extra info concerning House of Ole? I am so feeling the ensemble.

• zaiprincesa November 14, 2006 at 5:17 PM

Hmm…nice!…LMAO @ Adaure…u r soooo wrong!…but some are a bit “much”..sha..

• yankeenaijachick November 14, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Wow……………am really feeling this pixture expecially the guy in the blue suit. lol. Good job bella.

• Icy November 14, 2006 at 9:33 PM

Men is suits. TOTAL WEAKNESS oh my gwad I’m tripping yo! lol!! I love the other ones too. but the suits damn damm daaamnn!… dddddddddddddddddddaaamn! lol! YES IT IS THAT SERIOUS lol!

• teekay November 14, 2006 at 11:19 PM

I love the black kaftan, i think kaftan on guys is sooo sexy :) Ive been loving ur blog oh, i need to get those high waist ankara skirts. Thanks for asking after me :), im around, but swamped with work. Ill be back with more pics shortly. Have a good week!!

• PSB November 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM

LMAO…the Guru Maharaji comment…

• Desola November 15, 2006 at 12:23 AM

Okay, forget all those traditional outfits, they are absolutely gayish and does nothing for me in the least. I just can’t imagine my man wearing any of them, no way!

Please, did anyone notice that the model on the left in the last two sets of pictures actually has a handbag? This is ridiculous! What have they turned our African men into in the name of fashion? Sisi? Lol….

• ABBEY November 15, 2006 at 3:47 AM

sorry mistakenly deleted my last comment.

lol…it’s not a hand bag, its most likely a MESSENGER bag, big difference :)

Bella I apologize on everyone’s behalf for finishing these models/designers like this lol I guess the world is not ready for most of these designs

• Overwhelmed Naija Babe November 15, 2006 at 6:05 AM

Just gorgeous.. the leopard print outfit.. simply chic… the fusion outfits.. just divine… it’ll take a certain kind of man to rock it cos not anybody could get away with that stuff… the matador holmes brother creation for example is somewhat hideous(just my opinon sha) and i’m not trying to knock the creativity that went into the creation of the outfits.. so kudos to the designers and all those alpha males who will pull some of those looks off!

• koshie November 15, 2006 at 7:37 AM

I really love the second outfit; Even though they should have featured more African designs/prints. I am not really down with the suits. Most especially on the first dude featured on House of Ole. The attire is undersize. They could have given him one his size.
      The models are not bunz either. They look too feminine. The Black dude featured next to the fair-skin dude looks scary. His hair resembles that of an electrocuted cat!

• Uzo November 15, 2006 at 12:10 PM

I like the House of Ole stuff.

Something very interesting coming from these comments :outfits that look gay. What does that mean? Its very interesting

• Michele November 15, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Hey, great pics and great blog!

Thought you might be interested in an interview we did with the editor of HauTe

• Calabar Gal November 15, 2006 at 7:41 PM

HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! HOT!!!! DEFINETELY HOT!!!!!

The models I mean!! LOL
      OK. Their suits are so cool!! I love them. already envisaging my man in those suits!!

• Icy November 15, 2006 at 8:48 PM

@ Michele nniiiceee cover on Dammie. That was sweeet thanks!

• Amebo November 16, 2006 at 5:18 AM

I’m feeling these outfitters o! likey…not every1 can pull it of sha! nycceee….where are the designers from?

• Anonymous November 16, 2006 at 11:00 AM

The suits are nicely tailored and has more of an appeal. The first set of designers confusing. Particularly the long looking white embroidered Agbada? It does look very feminine and not something that I would like seen on my man. Maybe if the designer contrasted it with another layer of fabric underneath it would work. The model reminds me of a guy I dated, they look alike and honestly I would hate to see him in such attire. Interesting overall.

• GIGI November 24, 2006 at 3:39 PM

hmm, I am really feeling these outfits…..not!!!