TY Bello celebrates Mama Ekundayo in new Music Video

Posted on Tuesday, October 21st, 2008 at 1:09 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Mama Ekundayo

Mama Ekundayo

TY Bello‘s new video is more than a visual representation of her song ‘Ekundayo’. It is a much more than that. It tells the story of Mama Ekundayo. The story is best told in TY’s words.

“Hello everyone! The Ekundayo video is finally done and has now been released. I’ve just recently posted to youtube (search for Ekundayo video and Ekundayo behind the video). I apologise to everyone for being a little quiet this year.this project has taken eight months to complete and I’m so grateful to God its finally done. it was directed by myself and also by two of the most creative people i know. Kemi Adetiba and Abbey Olayinka. We all put our blood and sweat into this and we hope it inspires us all to go out there and make a difference in the state of our orphanages.

I promise that even the strongest of you will break down and cry when you see what is going on in our orphanages.We all (even i used to)think it was the sole responsibility of the government to care for our abandoned children. the problem of child abandonment in Nigeria concerns us all. and its unfortunate that most of the people who have the heart and are willing to devote their time do not have the proper structure and finance to do so.It even more unfortunate for the children. As said in the video, less than 2% of the children who make it into the orphanages are adopted. a lot of these adoptions by foreigners. i have nothing against people adopting children internationally but i believe the number of children adopted from Nigerian orphanages by Nigerians are is way too low.

Madam Ekundayo , from Isanlu Makutu in Kogi state is the star of this video. shes shown us how you can do so much with so little. there are countless examples of people like her out there . i hope the videos inspire us to help make their work easier or at least spread the word as much as we can. so happy viewing everyone and for more information on orphanages in Nigeria please visit

www.linkachild.org and the UNICEF website. you can also get information from the Ministry of Women Affairs and child welfare”

Wow! Truly inspirational!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 21 Comments on “TY Bello celebrates Mama Ekundayo in new Music Video”

Comments
    • Nkechi October 21, 2008 at 3:04 AM

1 of my best teachers to date adopted a child even though he had 2 of ‘his own’.
      i think ty should also adopt 1 so she can set a more visible example. when i’m old enough, i will as well.

• Fade October 21, 2008 at 9:32 AM

I spent about 6 mths last year working with a multinational on orphanages.Bella there were good ones and there were bad ones too.I went to the Redcross orphanage in Owerri,the kids wouldnt let u put them down once you carried them.They were starved for attention,the orphanage staff were trying but there is a limit to what they can do.

• NK October 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM

The problem is we nigerians think of ourselves and our families alone (and i dont blame some people because they are barely survivng) but others who can afford these things would rather focus on living the F.A.B.O life, spending millions on pointless shit like thisday festival…im sorry, aint nothing wrong with living your live on the fabulous lane but please remember to give a little to to the community around you…And Please if you don’t, do not complain when foreigners come to adopt your orphans from Nigeria.

• NK October 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM

I am starting an NGO that focuses on sponsoring/adopting a child…so watch this space…

• Lauretta October 22, 2008 at 2:58 AM

wow..I felt overwhelmed watching the video..definitely strengthens my resolve to do something for a child and not wait for other people..

• savinchi roma October 23, 2008 at 1:44 PM

400 plus and still counting …

1. First of all what is the state government (Kogi) doing to celebrate/encourage this dear mother.

2. Government are busy giving national honours to people without honour, could someone add 2 + 2 and celebrate positive impact

3. Kudos Ty for redirecting attention to a noble cause “god bless you”

4. Let us not just read and smile, we should contribute our own quota in kind, cash, or anyhow we know to do

• Temi' October 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Tremendous to see honour bestowed to a women who unquestionably deserved it.
      I concur with S.A, it’s time we contribute our OWN quota….

• marian October 24, 2008 at 10:42 AM

This is beautiful. There is such a stigma about adoption in Africa. I am not sure why but I only realised there was when i started telling people i wanted to adopt.Nearly everyone i spoke to tried to change my mind,they could not understand the rational. All i know is there are so many children suffering,children are innocent and if I can help but turn a blind eye due to society’s misguided mis conceptions,peoples opinions etc etc God hold me responsible some day. Thank you for sharing this. May God bless.
      x
      Marian

• Fadeke October 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM

beautifully done!.. TY keeps inspiring me with her works..I’m so glad that we can put the word out there about the deeps needs of many nigerians….the issue with helping is usually knowing where to start (its usually overwhelming when you think of all the problems). I think the idea behind link-a-child.com helps to overcome this barrier..now any more excuses??.. God help me, God help us :)

• tayojoj October 25, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Mama Ekundayo is definitely a heroine, unsung ones for that matter. I am so delighted such people are from Nigeria, the same country that produces likes of OBJ,IBB, corrupt govs, others that will do anything for money, position or fame. With people like mama, it’s a beckon of hope, in fact, i re-phrase, she’s herald of hope. You know the most important thing, she is being at this since 1969, that 40 year ish, she kept doing this in obscurity out of the sincerity of her godly heart. Nigeria big-time preachers are you there? Remember, Christ’s parable of the good samaritian. Good thots too, TY.

• sweetsoul October 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM

its always amazin 2 see wat Nigerians back home r doin. Mama Ekundayo is truly an inspiration & reminds e of ma own mother wu has taken so many children under ha wings its almost too hard to keep count of my ‘siblings’
      ve 2 confess i’m not a huge fan of d nija music scene but its a great thin 2 cc people lik TY wu use music 4 d right reasons.
      ive been inspired 2 do a mother’s day(2009) fundraisin event ere in Ireland 2 raise money 4 dis orphanage. mo details on orphanage contacts please.

• dScR?Be October 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM

awesome work.. May God continually bless these efforts.. amen

• KI October 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM

tank you Ty 4 dis initiative.Love u Mama 4 ur love to the needy.GOD is ur reward ma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• KIKE(ARDENT READER) October 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Bella thanks 4 ur efforts your site is so colourful and entertaining.Remain focused, GOD bless u and crown all your work with success.. …………………..

• bernard November 15, 2008 at 5:56 PM

can anyone help me with ty bellos website or any contact?

• hubbabuba November 18, 2008 at 7:55 PM

i cried whilst watching dis vid…nd all dat came out of my lips was BEAUTIFUL not jst d vid but d beauty dat shone frm mama frm within…both mama nd Ty r splendid.

• Olaosebikan O.K.(Mrs) November 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I just bless the name of the Lord for this mama-imagine she has been at this,caring for the less priviledge ones since 1969!
      Thanks be to God for giving us the opportunity to say thank you to mama for this great job-thanks Ty for the expose,may God bless you,whatever we can do to help please send mails as the needs come up and how this can touch mama and her many children!

• Adeyi January 4, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Success is not always measured in monetary terms, but often in legacies built. This is an inspiring legacy TY, you stand distinct in the midst of the pack. Keep shining. God bless.

• bells babatunde March 10, 2009 at 3:39 AM

you are a talent for survival,our role model,in you we see a better future.keep it up

• doris May 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM