On Set With Omawumi ‘In The Music’ & Darey ‘More’

The new videos just keep coming!

The quality is getting higher!

The stakes are raised!

Here are photos of Omawumi on the set of her forthcoming video ‘In The Music’. We cant wait! She looking amazing.

We’ve barely caught out breath since the ‘Not the Girl’ video and Darey is already back with ‘More’. Loving the flapper style!

Pho Credit: Deola Art Alade & Godwin Bassey

22 Comments on On Set With Omawumi ‘In The Music’ & Darey ‘More’
  • ozznenye December 15, 2008 at 2:17 am

i hope omawunmi makes it big!!
    i feel sorry for Dare…he spends so much on video(try to be all so touche n all) but he never really tops the chart or makes much album sales!!

• Sugabelly December 15, 2008 at 2:34 am

Where are all the people that said Dare’s last video was a one off thing. Dare obviously thinks that populating all his videos with white people will somehow make them ‘classy’ or ‘top-notch’.

I don’t even have the energy to talk about this one. Just refer to all my comments on the article about Dare’s Not The Girl video.

• nike December 15, 2008 at 11:37 am

hahaha…
    i agree with both sugabelly and ozznenye…couldnt have said it better myself!
    but u’ve got to give him credit for trying though…i think…

• nike December 15, 2008 at 12:48 pm

ok,i saw your comments on the ‘not the girl’ video,and i have to say i completely agree with you and i’m unimpressed by dare’s videos,especially as the song wasnt even that great anyway.i mean people really need to wake up and see what is happening.your points were well articulated with the facts to back them up.cheers.

• Elpee December 15, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Hmm dont know who Omawunmi is but this looks interesting. I honestly haven’t heard any of Dare’s songs cuz after the first few mins i tune off.. but I think he should use more nigerian girls and dancers and also find more exotic spots in naija that he can shoot his videos rather than going abroad. He should keep things concentrated within Naija to help improve standards and job opportunities…

• silver December 15, 2008 at 10:39 pm

omawunmi was the first runner up at the 1st eva west african idols.

• silver December 15, 2008 at 10:51 pm

Dare should pls try to make his videos more Nigerian abeg…we have beautiful women here & we r tired of our musicians using foreign women.

• Dorah December 16, 2008 at 12:41 am

Honestly, this Dare dude is mediocre at best. I guess to trying to make his videos popping in order to “blanket” his mediocrity. He should invest in hardcore singing lessons before he tries to make another video. Not trying to be mean, but honest.

• Dorah December 16, 2008 at 12:43 am

Honey, It’s because he can’t friggin SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dooshima December 16, 2008 at 3:23 pm

…do i smell beef in the Air??…Dare is not doin that bad…and at least he puts an effort into making his videos & songs..yea he may not have the best voice..but at least he sets a standard….no forcing him on anybody..but if you guys are happy and satisfying with songs that are not produced up to standard..and crappy videos shot with one camera then so be it!!

• Kp December 18, 2008 at 12:15 am

I hate to say this but I agree with sugabelly wrt the whole foreign (not black) girls thing. I actually had an argument with my friend about that on the previous video about nothing being wrong with it but its becoming a lil too much. Abeg my naija girls are very beautiful and there are a lot of them

• anon December 19, 2008 at 10:38 pm

This Girl does not look white to me oh! More like really light skinned.I dont really see what the fuss is all about. Dare cant sing??? lol .YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST HATERRRRRRSSSSSS. Pls Bella…post the song,i cant wait.

• Bobby Taylor December 19, 2008 at 11:13 pm

I think Dare is a great artist actually. A great stage performer as well and just plain talented. Bite me!
    I think that once people see the video, you will get to appreciate the concept Dare used here.
    Using a white woman or black woman is not the issue here. What i am happy to see here is the TOP QUALITY video that Dare is putting together.
    Dare has always been kept under the raidar and now he is finally coming out and doing what he loves to do.
    Go Dare!
    Bobby Taylor

• Paddy December 20, 2008 at 12:49 am

Dorah, bitterbelly, ozz and the bandwagon of the lost…you all have succeeded in making Darey or whatever his name is more famous. (who’s the guy sef?) Only him over 90 somethin comments altogether…when other topics are struggling with 10 to 15 each…mehn free the guy and go and make una own music!

• Taiwo December 20, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Oga Dare, you’re too much. Looks like some next level stuff. Keep pushing the limits of creativity. When is the video coming out? Heard the song “I want more” on the radio here in Jos. It’s banging. nufffffinnnn do u!!

• SuzyM December 21, 2008 at 12:18 am

Like the Pics

• Bisi December 21, 2008 at 11:15 am

Hey Mr Dreeeeee,was never your fan,but with all this new material i’m hearing you are the bomb mehnnn.Please keep it up and dont let anyone drag you back.I hope you get to read this.

• Dorah December 23, 2008 at 7:48 am

So we’re lost because we have our own opinion.
    Okay…
    I mean, Dare is doing his own thing and it seems like he has a great and faithful fan base. Wonderful! I seriously wish him the best. But, homeboy needs a vocal coach. Most great artists work with vocal coaches. His voice is simply not strong enough for the material that he is putting out there. I am being truthful, I am not hater either. I just feel that a lot Nigerian artists can be soooooooooooooo much better. Average is not “okay,” especially when our countrymen (and women) are trying to establish a legit and respectable entertainment scene/culture.

• Bisi December 25, 2008 at 8:38 pm

At least he is making an effort.I believe their are better ways to put your point across without sounding like a hater.Me i like the guy.At least he’s doing better than a lot of musicians we have in naija these days.I see alot of improvement.

• Paddy December 25, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Dorah…well said…I agree that some of our singers should keep working on their vocals and act generally…but when you say mediocre it makes it sound too harsh as if they’re not trying at all. Make we try just encourage each other and we will get there. Abi?

• John Williams January 14, 2009 at 10:52 am

I trully agree with your comment, I’m not in a position to condem anybody here, It is true that there are100s of thousands of Artist in nigeria that could sing. Becuase I heard a new Artist coming up now, named of D-TONE His upcoming Album titled Eya Go is due out in MARCH, He is really an Artist to look out his lyrics, vocal, are exceptional. I join his label’s group on facebook VIBESLAND FANS CLUB. D-TONE is an exceptional artist.

• Shade April 27, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Ok all,

I am not and have never been a fan of Dare (even tough I have personal ties with the guy)

I think YES Dare does have a voice, I heard him sing in Karoke almost 8 years ago and there’s no question he definately has a voice. Dare can sing BUT the big question is he good at it??

That for me is where the question lies….can Dare sing?? Is he exceptional and if he isn’t then is an Entertainer???

I mean D’Banj and P-Square cant sing but my goodness they bloody well have locked down entertaining us.
    ….
    Dare needs to find his sound and quickly too cos he’s becoming irrelevant….(Dare pls keep on being an MC…I think you rock at that.)

P.S. Fantastic videos (but that don’t pay the bills)