M.I should be ARRESTED & JAILED

Posted on Friday, January 16th, 2009 at 8:46 PM

By Noble Igwe

What is happening to this society?
Where are our values?
What is our nation turning into?
Why are adults watching things go bad?
What if we were to be judged by our actions?

Fellow Nigerians
I strongly suggest that Mr. Jude (M.I) Abaga be arrested and jailed without trial.
You may not agree with me at this point but wait until the end of this article, and then you can make up your mind for or against my suggestion.

While growing up I was taught not to ever teach other people how to do things even when I know better.
I’ve always known the positive impact constant power supply, good road network and affordable housing will have on the Nigerian economy but will never be the one to suggest it to Baba go slow instead I will let another adult in the person of Governor Babatunde Fashola teach him that. I pay my tax and that’s how far I want to go.

I am a complete Nigerian (with Igbo Papa and Mama) resident in Lagos State and as an adult, I will not sit back and watch a kid destroy careers built over years. I will never support a kid that is trying to turn artistes into “Former rappers” .Tufiakwa!
Why should I support a talented young man that wants his colleagues to quit rap music and take up jobs as bowling instructors during the day and car park attendants at night? I hope you now see my reason.

M.I dropped his debut album “Talk About It” on the 1st of December 2008 and while we were still trying to get used to his tight beats and smooth lyrics, M.I went on to release a new single from his “Illegal Music” project.(Illegal music is another gist all together).
This young man has sampled D’banj’s “Mo gbono feli feli” beat and created an entirely different song from it.

Tell me, why should such a brilliant young man be allowed to walk the streets of Lagos without chains and ear plugs? Do you know the effect it will have on the number of Unemployed Nigerians? Think about it for few minutes ………
Rumor has it that he has rapped on every TV commercial jingle.

Fellow good citizens
We should advocate for his arrest.
Let us nip this situation in the bud or risk turning some of our artistes into Nollywood actors and actresses.
I’ve uploaded his latest work “I’m Hot” to support my motion
Let me know where you stand

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 212 Comments on “M.I should be ARRESTED & JAILED”

Comments
    • jenifa otu January 17, 2009 at 1:57 AM

for realll, m.i. is the shizz, but i think what he said about kel was unfair ooo. his p is too heavy— money, forever, he’s too mush! bix boy! nice articleeee!

• mimz January 17, 2009 at 2:00 AM

OMG!!! m so loving M.I right now, i think he’s the best thing that happened to the Nigerian music industry in ’08, he def deserves album of the year or somfin lyk dat, he’s rhymes are jus too maaaaaaaaaaad. I cant get enuf of his album…track 5 is one to get u in the mood…teaser…ma fave track…bella pls upload on your site. He jus makes so much sense an he knws hw to mix his beats and his OMG…he’s jus too much…go get the album..’nof said.

• mimz January 17, 2009 at 2:15 AM

oh sori for the wrong grammer shud av bin “his rhymes”, m jus so excited bou him, funny enuf ive neva bin a rap psn but m def converted nw, dare shud take a leaf from his book and dole out quality music instead of covering his lack of talent with the facade of the SA videos….’nof said

• Maj. Gen. Sturvsman Obama January 17, 2009 at 2:55 AM

article title is as funny as hell

• Olicious January 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM

I love M.I his album has been in heavy rotation in my house, car, ipod, everywhere! Best thing to come out of Naija in 08! I look forward to hearing more from him..Loves the satirical style of the article!

• Hussein January 17, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Not a huge comment leaver, but i had to drop a comment.
      Nice article, seems this is your style of writing. Catchy headings and intriguing words to keep the readers’ attention to the last word.
      Plus, i like the track.

• Chika January 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Problem is music producers don’t have the right legal system to protect their artists! That is horrid! And completely classless and tasteless on MI’s part!

• Bella January 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM

LOL…Chika, the article was tongue-in-cheek!
      MI had D’Banj’s permission to use the track

• Laolu January 17, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Excuse me,sampling is the hallmark of rap music.(Kanye West’s sampling of Daft Punk’s ‘Harder,Better,Faster.Stronger’ for his own “Stronger” is a huge example of this.Even Snoop Dogg’s “Doggy Dogg World”,Jay-Z’s “Izzo” and “Hard Knock Life”,P-Diddy’s “Missing You”,Nas’ “I know I can”,Tupac’s “Till the End of Time”,M.C.Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This” are samples!)It’s one of the things that gives it popular appeal.The ability to take someone’s music and make it unique is a timeless tradition.M.I. is not profiting financially from this track so there’s no question of stealing someone else’s music.His mixtape ‘Illegal Music’,is going to be available for free.If he’s going to sell it,he’ll obtain permission and pay royalties.

• Chika Moses January 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM

@Bella! Don’t quite know much about the rap scene in Naija, but I just figure it’s kinda weak to use someone else’s beat unless it’s a collabo!
      @Laolu, I don’t know about the rappers here in the States either. I just figure originality is the trademark of any true artist.
      Whatever the deal… as long as they are all happy copying of each other, that’s fine. Apparently I miss nothing by not listening to their music.

• myalteregoisayanna January 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Back off M.I already…Bella just said he has D’banj’s permission..ah!

• myalteregoisayanna January 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM

*has = had

• Chetablog January 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Mr. Igwe did not pull off the tongue in cheek thing with this article. MI’s music is great and certainly speaks for itself.

• Adamu January 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM

@Cheta,
      Are talking about different articles here?
      What part of the article said that M.I’s music is not good or would you prefer that the article be written in your local language for proper understanding?
      @Mr Igwe,M.I is the ishh

• Adamu January 17, 2009 at 12:50 PM

@Cheta
      Are we talking about different articles here?
      @Mr Igwe,M.I is the ishh

• dez January 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

the article doesn’t make much sense to me as i’m not sure of wot the problem is.
      a lot of rappers do sample n beef with each other so wot exactly has M.I done wrong?

• mubarak January 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM

are some pple so dumb to read an article carefully 9ice article whoever u are M.I is just too good but others could be like him soon they would learn fast…………..

• slim January 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM

dudes itz a fucking freestyl… n a wicked one… Mr. article wrighter get oriented wiv music. enuf sed

• Chaguri January 17, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Is the dude in a relationship wiv Kel?

“He should be arrested and locked up without access to any form of music or musical instrument, while Jesse Jags should NOT be allowed to visit him.ok maybe KEL”

• miss kay January 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM

hmnnnn…dnt think Noble hit the reverse angle spot on but I loves M.I. anyway!!!

• mimz January 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Its generally accepted ‘that less is more’…in this light i deem it safe to say mr igwe was tryin to hard on this piece, its satirical nature threw some pple off track as to what the piece actually implied or was tryin to say, in case of next time just use plain old english like “M.I is jus too mulshhhhhh”!!!. Im sure there’ll be less confusion…’nof said.

• don p January 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM

u and stupid scrap article, talking bout M.I should b arrested, wat bout other Nigerian artists who have used American Artist’s beats, u aint saying nothing bout that…so pls shove ur stupid scrap article sumwhere, hatin ass….

• Chetablog January 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Adamu, there is a PERIOD after the “article”. Hope you see it. I was actually responding to Bella. The article is supposedly tongue in cheek but a few people don’t get it as is evidenced by some of the responses. If the article hit the mark, there would be no need for Bella Naija to make that statement. I don’t doubt that Noble Igwe is a good writer but this here article just missed by a little.

• mini January 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM

love this artice..well said!!!
      M.I rocks
      apparently people dont get twist of words in this article….

• africajose January 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM

hell yeah mann , word up to don p. abeg tell them jare. as if the movie industry that uses kenny G any how for thier love scenes calls him up to pay atribute.

• Waffi boi January 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM

O boi see comments ooo
      Na wah..na fight?
      @Don p,there’s a reason it’s called “the ability to read and write”
      It simply means that you’re expected to learn how to read before you write.
      Did your mother not teach you how to read before writing?
      Please stop cursing,educate yourself with the note and ask God for the ability to read before writing in the New Year.
      one last thing,wash your your mouth with omo before replying to this..
      Omo,i like this article.

• Chairman of All January 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Mr writer, it is apparent that a lot of people do not understand Irony. Did you people not do English literature in secondary school. I will explain it to all those who do not understand. The writer is praising M.I for his incontrovertible talent. Check you Webster’s. I guess it’s not only enough to be able to read and write.

• Mochi January 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Totally agree with ‘chetablog’,the tongue in cheek aspect of the article doesnt really come across. Love M.I,he’s got swag!

• Lamide January 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM

…and they say Nigerians have a sense of humor? Y’all..this is clearly NOT supposed to be a “serious” article. Jeez, chill out!!

• Gidiss January 17, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I strongly support the motion, He need to go life behind bars

• Gidiss January 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM

If i should add, without parlor.

• dante January 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM

“these other rappers r so last yr like celtel, my flow’s in-zain”
      “no other dude comes close…i’m homophoic”
      “i’m hot n u’r not…BOLO….i-solo like ISOLO”
      c’mon…dude is tew maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad…

Note to Igwe: Please be kind enough to include translations of your pieces in pidgin for the mentally disadvantaged…well written article!!!

• mimz January 18, 2009 at 12:38 AM

mentally disadvantaged…cmonnn..the piece aint bad..jus wasnt well executed…u need to take the literacy rate of nigeria into consideration…if ur goin to write a satiric piece…myt as well knw the proper way to go bou it.no need to challenge ppls mental ish or woreva..

• dante January 18, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I agree it wasn’t as well executed in this piece as some of his other works (e.g the one on d’banj which was just brilliant)…but mimz av u read some of the comments here?…they myt as well av lynched Hon Igwe…
      …Nigeria does av a long way 2 go!!

• flygirl January 18, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Ha! my M.I’s jus tweh Hot!!!
      he’s burnin up so many peeps
      !!his music’s gettin y’all high like a ladder!!

• winnie January 18, 2009 at 2:51 AM

ROFLMAO some ppl’s comment..the writer is praisin M.I oohhhhhh not the other way round..IRONY ohh ppl.. No but M.I is the ‘ish @ d moment man… more grease 2 his elbows….

• just...toluwa January 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM

luvd d article…M I is gbono fele fele!

• nicole January 18, 2009 at 4:17 AM

sorry to say but i dont see anything wrong with MI using dbanj beat. British and American Act do it, so whats wrong if he does. As long as its a completely different song then its fine…

• T.O January 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Too madddd!! M.I is killing it

• Adamu January 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM

@Mimz,what part of the article is difficult to understand?
      I thought this is suppossed to the internet and should he have conducted a survey on their literacy level before writing?
      @Dante,I also think this is his style of writing cos I’ve some of his works.

• Adamu January 18, 2009 at 8:23 AM

@Cheta,”I don’t doubt that Noble Igwe is a good writer but this here article just missed by a little.”
      Little?where exactly?

• mimz January 18, 2009 at 12:48 PM

@ Adamu, take note…i said the piece wasnt well executed, go and read TELL magazine…the last page by Dele Omotunde…then u see good examples of well thought out satiric writing..this one tends to leave the reader in limbo…as in the reader is nt too sure whether to go left or right…if i decide to critique this piece…the whole of bellas website no go reach….wo…’nof said…lets not overflog a very tired horse…almost dead sef…

@ Dante..yea…now we on the same page…

• Adamu January 18, 2009 at 2:34 PM

@Mimz,”as in the reader is nt too sure whether to go left or right”
      He gave you that option and I think all he wanted to do was tell a story of how M.I is making good music and setting standard for older rappers,if you didn’t get that,then you surely need the whole of Bella’s site for the explanation.
      Please state your case and stop begging the likes of Dante to support you.
      By the way,I thought you were going to refer me to something written by you.

• jo January 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Adamu, chill out and stop taking this too personal!!!
      the truth of the matter is this was supposed to be a satirical piece..but the writer LOST it!!he was doing over sabi,over i know how to write!!!

• mimz January 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM

y u takin dis personal??? are u bein paid by igwe or sumfin??? only appreciating those who understand where im comin from…not those who think theyre so smart and cant see beyond theyre noses…take a chill pill….u evidently hav a mighty chip on ur shoulder…i got the piece but from some comments u can see that a lot of others didnt…ahem!!!!…..dont forget to pick up ur next copy of Tell …maybe then ull b able to understand what im sayin,see beyond ur nose and make more informed contributions…

• Dead-u-Body January 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM

He should be arrested and sentenced to a few months in the gym!!! LOL!

• pam January 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM

this article smells publicity stunt. its worked hasnt it

• hotness January 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM

MI is maddd!! Love him!

But why has this writer decided to mess up his career with this aimless piece? Is this supposed to be satirical writing? Abeg, nexxttttt!!!

• Niran January 18, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Lol, He should be wat????? Wat is the legite reason 2 arrest him? He is sittin on hits ur sittin on shit.
      Y beef him 2 gain popularity n tell others a story.
      Na cuz do somethin else.

• dante January 19, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Niran baba!!!
      Igwe (if I am not mistaken) is not beefing him, neither is he ridin on m.i.’s coat-tails for fame…the point of this piece is to project his appreciation of m.i.’s emergence thru the use of irony which, though a very strong literary tool, can be easily misunderstood (well that’s what i’v come 2 bliv judgin by the number of comments calling for igwe’s head!!!…lol)
      But really nuff of the igwe bashing…the point of the article is really how good m.i….do read it again…i’m sure u’d appreciate it.

• dante January 19, 2009 at 1:29 AM

…wow…some mighty harsh words..(don’t u think?..)

• Trendy January 19, 2009 at 2:13 AM

please, give me a break. let any nigerian artist that has not sampled some other artists work cast to first stone. If D’banj believes he has a case, take him to court.

• hot January 19, 2009 at 6:12 AM

a satirical piece gone wrong!
      this post really lost it essence!the writer over did it
      well not everyone can write like Wole Soyinka or Reuben Abati

• hot January 19, 2009 at 6:13 AM

adamu!shut up!shut up!shut up

• BFA January 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I like the music… maybe I’m out of the look here in the US but I’m confused why he should be jailed…I just dont get it! M.I. is suppose to do a collaboration with rapper Joby Wright of BFA…I cant wait! Plus look out for sponsoring clothing Panda Rhand on M.I. soon!

• Naija Boy January 19, 2009 at 7:20 AM

This Noble Igwe writer dude is smoking green grass. M.I should be jailed? I like the title of this article though…attracted me to read it. Nice trick…, but you still smokin’ grass, boy. Cut your hair and shave your beard before you write another article. What’s Bella Naija doin’ havin’ this dude yansh dust like that?

• plastiQ January 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Bloody. It’s amazing to see how many Nigerians that can’t read a simple piece like the one above and just deduce it’s meaning, straight up. Big shame. The piece was not written to diss or downgrade MI but to….whatever jo!….let me save my breath. You can carry on with your absolute ignorance.

• Mikey January 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Nobs and his hilarity…gosh this write-up is tew maaad funny, catchy and mysterious…as usual. M.I. is so lucky – i tell ya…

• blaze January 19, 2009 at 8:59 AM

I can’t believe this
      WHAT!!!!!!
      Do we really have such a large concentration of blonds on Bella’s site?
      Hot,Hotness,Minz,Niran,Trendy,BFA and the rest…
      why do people rush to leave comments without reading?
      Is really true that if you want to hide something from a black man,then all you need to do is put it in a book.
      @Niran,Noble Igwe does not need to diss M.I to hype himself,if you don’t know him then ask somebody or better still,get a copy of M.I”s album and listen to track 17.There you will hear what M.I thinks of Noble Igwe.
      It’s so sad that people are just taking this out on Noble but knowing him,he would be reading all these while smiling.
      @Hotness,you are as blonde as they come.
      By the way,if you listen to the track above,you would also hear what M.I said about Mr Igwe.
      This is so sad and i wonder why we just hate people who are better than us.
      Mr Igwe,pele o

• Fade January 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Nice press release…… Noble

• mimz January 19, 2009 at 9:42 AM

oh ..goodie…goodie…finally…someone who appreciates Wole Soyinka and Reuben Abati…igwe can take a leaf outta deir books in case of next time…hehehehe. blaze i suggest u pick up one of deir works den understand wat hot,dante and urs truly are tryin to say. shud lump u in the same category as adamu…lol.

• Bizzle January 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM

first of all this writer is stupid, he did not just left the beat of the song , this is a freestyle and wud not take away any shine from the original song but rather promote it . and at the beginning he gave a shout out to done jazzy and d banj, showing respect. and what he is sayin is right , if u are not good enough , then step off the rap game , this way we have quality rather than quantity. come correct or dont come at all.

• blaze January 19, 2009 at 10:54 AM

@Minz,
      Shut up already!
      There’re two things here.
      It’s either you have something personal against Mr Igwe or you are having a very serious MP.
      Why are you just picking out the negative comments?did you not see the positive ones?
      I can swear that the only thing you’ve ever written in your life was/is your name.
      Don’t even let me start with you….
      Who made you an authority here?
      Abeg,we’ve noticed you,you may now sit down, BOLO

• mimz January 19, 2009 at 11:09 AM

aww…poor blaze…y u gettin ur knickers in a twist…ur anger cnt even mke u think clearly,no nid 2 resort 2 mudslingin.hehehe…MP???..nah…jus u bein a natural chav,if u read ma earlier posts,ul notice i said d writer missed d point d irönic element dint run smooth…nofin psnal…hw does d write wnt 2 gt beta if hs wrk dosnt cm under criticism…ope dis lifts d veil cloudin ur vision.oh…d pen name is mimz…nt minz plus m as smart as dey cm,even beta..aint gt nufin 2 prove 2 u!!!

• blaze January 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM

@ Minz,mimz or whatever
      Just shut up and sit down

• mimz January 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM

accord urself the same courtesy…blaze or woteva…ur fires goin dim…try 2 think outside d box…ciao.

• Dami January 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM

no..he’s tryna say that a meeting btw MI and Kel won’t be that dangerous as far creating great music goes….

no relationship rumours!

• Ebuka January 19, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Ignorance isn’t bliss after all… I’m very ashamed at some of the baseless comments below. Welldone Noble!

• dante January 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

LOL @ “BOLO”

• dante January 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

U got that ryt!!!….lol…but on a lighter note…its nice 2 kno…anytym I feel down…i can always come back to this page…read the comments and LMAOOOOO

• dante January 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM

“why do people rush to leave comments without reading?”……well what makes it really sad is some of them actually read it…LOL

btw ur verses r tewww maaaaaaaaaaad…but my all time fav is the one on freestyle’s joint…

• Jigaaman January 19, 2009 at 3:04 PM

It is a pity dat I dnt knw noble igwe dude, No1 has heared of him dwn here in yankee.

• Yuyu January 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Did you read the piece at all?

• Jigaaman January 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Get wat u mean……bless.

• blaze January 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM

@Bizzle
      You appear to be the stupid one here..
      Are you writing with a manual typewriter?
      Please note the following;
      It’s “lift” and not “left”
      It’s “Don Jazzy’ and not “done jazzy”
      It’s “D’banj” and not “d banj”
      but then,were you not taught proper use of punctuation marks?

• funmi January 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Wow… people really have no patience nowadays… This article is making a joke! Calm down, guys! The whole point is that M.I. is soooo good that he cld put other musicians out of work cos he blows them out of the water… get it? “Turning rappers into former rappers” as he put it. Ppl shld read stuff b4 they slate the poor guy who by the way has done a good job- attention grabbing title and all.

• someteen year old January 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

erm.. whats the point of this rant? artists are allowed to do that. its called a mixtape, many people do it. if they re-produce the songs with the lyrics and all, ehen you can begin to say rubbish. btw, ciara just re-made beyonce’s diva. and she might even be releasing a video. here’s another thing to shout about.

• faribaby:D January 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM

pls o!!!!!!!! wtf is this eediot saying??????? i mean i read ur article like 5times, but still i did not see wot point u were trying to get across…….please dont hate the nigga cos his hotter than you ok?……go and overdose on chill pills…….mscheeeeew….. I LOVE YOU MI!!!!!!!!!

• Adamu January 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM

@Someteen year old.
      And your point is?

• dante January 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM

i give up!

• mimz January 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM

hahahaha!!! i love naija!!! see tripsss……

• Adamu January 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM

@Faribaby.
      Five times?Gawd have mercy.
      @Dante.
      I feel you on this one die.
      Five times as in 1,2,3,4 and 5…

• mimz January 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM

al dese n more call for a serious overhaul of the nigerian education system…anh anh…haba!!! its nt funny anymore….its HILARIOUS!!! hehehehe…….

• ladi January 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Its literature oh! kai lets hides our minor illiterate moments biko!

• Kola Grey January 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM

RTFLMAO!!!
      right on point my broda… LMAO
      M.I. should be jailed… he’s robbing other “artist” and spitting tight lyrics like a chopper with a thousand round… I say tie that boy!!! LoL

• Fashion+Music January 20, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Today’s biggest rappers ( e.g Jay Z and Kanye) did the same thing, they sampled other artist’s music. Infact in the present world, talent is not about creating something entirely new, its the ability to make something existing better or almost perfect.
      My point is the artist in question (although i havent heard any of his tracks) was able to do this and i guess he did it quite well, if not we would not be having this discussion

• Boondock January 20, 2009 at 4:59 AM

Isi gini? Ok first off, it appears as though Noble doesn’t mean any harm (using qualifiers like talented, brilliant) plus I know he is M.I’s friend on facebook. Nonetheless his literary coordination needs work, he attempts sarcasm but doesn’t quite get it.

His second (or third) paragraph depending on how u acknowledge paragraphs is a total miss hit…it’s like saying I know what is good but I’ll not teach anyone how to do good, I’ll just wait for someone else to do it…that mentality is what drove our nation down the drain in the first place.

The piece needs cleaning up and better clarity, I’m surprised this actually passed Bellanaija’s editor(s), that’s bad rep in my opinion.

• JAMES January 20, 2009 at 5:11 AM

YOUR ARTICLE MAKES NO SENSE.. EVERY ARTIST SAMPLES MUSIC FROM OTHER ARTISTS DUH!

• Naija Boy January 20, 2009 at 6:55 AM

@ Blaze,

Dude, get your shit out of this Noble guy’s ass, asap!

“This is so sad and i wonder why we just hate people who are better than us.” What d f**k? Speak for yourself dude and stop eating sh*t.

• Naija Boy January 20, 2009 at 7:00 AM

@ Boondock,

I agree.

• Temi January 20, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Let me mention that am a college student, I do not know M I but am curious to go listen to his music. This article doesn’t make any kind of sense, even in Yoruba. As a writer, you need to make sense and be clear (even when attempting sarcasm). I read it four times and I am still not sure I got the full message. I like your courage and your form of writing, pretty intriguing.

• blaze January 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM

@Boondock,
      That paragraph portrays M.I as”Gov Fashola” a younger rapper with focus and older rappers as “Baba Go slow” .gerrit..?

• Yuyu January 20, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I have to agree – the intention was good, and I like the angel he was trying to take (it has definitely received lots of attention), but it wasn’t executed with clarity… a little editing by the BellaNaija crew would have cleaned things up nicely.

• shola January 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM

these person is a fool forget m i he as done nothing new and i tell lets see in a matter a year he will fade off like a blue jeans lol………………….his all that music nonsense you are just over exagurating………………………dreamer

• blaze January 20, 2009 at 12:18 PM

@ Shola,
      Please write in simple,correct english.
      “these person”
      “he as”
      “and i tell”
      “in a matter a year”
      “his all that music”
      “exagurating”
      men!are you an artiste?

• Blowjob January 20, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Mimz, that’s the whole essence of a satire ! You don’t seem to know much about literature !

• Blowjob January 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM

We need to get a hand out on Writing Essence 101 for Mimz. At your age, common sense should have established the fact that Political and entertainment writing differ in many ways than the difference of your actual intelligence and self percieved intelligence. Dude, google satire jare !

• dante January 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM

LOL…all that from “one sentence”…

• blaze January 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM

@Blowjob,
      I so love you right now….
      They are just taking the piss at Noble’s friends.
      “It’s a dog hump dog world”

• Blowjob January 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Asides from the fact that you are a perfect prey (where p=f ,r and e=o and y equals to L, I am also bored. Like I am sure you were before you decided to write that comment. While it’s really debatable whether MI has done something new, I can bet the most notable thing you’ll ever do in life is die. and finally get noticed by a sober few! Now that’s the difference between you and MI. When he steps on a stage, every body notices. It’s not just that he always has a command perfomance (without back up dancers and all that)but he has this orgasmic aura around him. If you understand music, you would understand. He does not wear that lack of confidence that you see hanging down the neck of new artistes, neither does he hide behind the facade of impressive accomplishments he has been recording and that my dear is most incredible and rare to come accross. So sugar,next time you think an artiste making waves has done little or nothing to garner hype or praise, consider how your foot prints would fade faster than poorly dyed 10 year old jeans. Except you can beat that artiste’s achievements. Or even write better english than you did here.

• Boondock January 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM

@Blaze
      Im sorry but that paragraph is still a miss hit regardless of whoever is supposed to be representing M.I and other rappers. It lacks the simplest degree of literary finesse, and has no valid connection to the subject of the article.

• Qed January 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

haha thats harsh!

• blaze January 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

@Boondock,
      Says who?
      You?as what?
      abeg abeg…..

• TMinx January 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Whatever happened to positive feedback?

• Zaama January 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Blaze, relax, listen to the point… there is some truth to what Boondock says. Being able to appreciate the other side of an argument is a good thing. Irony and sarcasm are all well and good, but they need to be handled properly, or else you end up with a cloudy message, which is what has happened here. I think BellaNaija’s editors could have edited the piece a bit to make things clearer. Just my two cents, and not ‘as anyone’ – we are each entitled to our own opinion.

• Towabs January 21, 2009 at 7:13 AM

who ever wrote this article is so stupid. how many NIGERIAN out there can flow and rhyme like M.I he is the best and all his freestyles on other beats are HITS

• Blowjob January 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Towabs, you obviously dropped out of junior secondary school , (a Jakande one at that ) as well skipped the other comments. Oya, be good and check up satire or irony in your dictionary. Then come back for some free qualitative tuition. You’ll need it.

• NG January 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

M.I. is absolutely fabulous!!! To me, he is outstanding.
      He might have sampled some beats, eh heh? kini big deal? After all, he is not the first to have done it neither will he be the last.
      Try and assass M,I, as a brand in the music industry, His style is different, lyrics r tight, personal image is hot and trendy. Give the guy some credit abeg.

Listen to his song ‘for ever’. it might convince you.

• blaze January 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM

@NG,
      Did the article say anything different?

• hotness January 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM

@ blaze:
      You’re pretty empty to think this is good satirical writing. But who knows your literary background? “I ain’t gon’ judge you!” Keep doing what you do best, i.e. popping off on the internet. LMAO!

Well, I have nothing against Noble (I don’t even know who he/she is). This article is a clear case of hit and miss. And a fatal miss at that.

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM

thank u ohhhhhhhhh….ur so spot on.

• blaze January 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM

@ Hotness
      Did you just learn how to use “LMAO” and the likes?
      Please always use only where applicable,Olodo.
      Ok, let’s do it this way.Dye your blonde hair,come back and read the article once again.Deal?
      @Minz,were abused as a child?
      Stand on your own and be confident.

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

U sound so disturbed…spewing negativity all over the place. Ur mind is so closed. In case uve not noticed..this is a forum..i can choose to identify with individuals whose intelligent reasoning i identify with. U sound so unhappy..my Gawwd, i feel so sorry for you and those who have to live with u. Wats it to u anyway???…not enof peeps on ur dark side? >:) oh its still mimz nt minz…ur brain must be really porous. BOLO!!!

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

@ Zaama.
      you’re so on track…i feel u gaaannnnn.

anyone who dont like ma point of view shud put it in a pipe n smoke deir brains out!!! Mchewwww…nansense…

• blaze January 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM

@ Mimz,
      You must be a razz,supporting ‘waka pass”actress.
      You just go about looking for places to write”You’re so on track”.
      Whoever did this to you must pay…Agidi!

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Lollllllllll…..u see ur twisted mind???…sad…omo u gimme serious tripsss…dint knw ur kind still existed…evidently the freaks dont wait till night time before they come out anymore …they ARE among us… now uve confirmed u seriously need psychoanalysis…wont waste ma time wiv u no no…u aint worth it man…can only pray u find happiness someday…oh..and the article still missed the bulls eye…no matter wat u say..u must b nobles lowly minion (maybe he doesnt treat u ryt) dats y u need an avenue to vent all the pent up anger, wat better way to do it if not anonymously on the internet..hating on other ppl who still have their wits abt dem…now run off and go and help him research…so his next “so called” satirical piece wont be such a disaster…byeeeeeeeeee

• Blowjob January 21, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Obviously the hotness in your brain has caused a drop in your functional reasoning. When you morons scream literary background you make it sound like you have an actual back ground filled marvelous papers and legendary works of literature. But if you’ll just snap back from your fantasy land, you’ll realize that soft journalism and sensational journalism is in a world of it’s own. You are the one empty from popping off your mattress every night when PHCN strikes, get some light in your world and research deep into the throngs of literature. All sorts of cos. May the good lord help you find your way out !!!

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM

ohhh ….didnt knw u had the copyright for the word BOLO!!!!…oya come and collect royalty naa. mchewwwwwwwww…otondo…

beta go and treat urself

• Blowjob January 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Mimz babyyyyy, U finally showed up. i am just a bit dissappointed that you are hiding under that bimbo…hotness’s faded glory. Sweet heart get an erection and learn to stand on your own. Blaze be giving you a hard on, then handle it like a man. or a boy. whatever you are. For some one who’s using an alias of Mimz I wonder why you are trying to sound intelligent all of a sudden. common , I saw you kissing ass from the start and then all of a sudden , public opinion fingers you a weeny bit and you suddenly swing the other way. sweet heart, sex and foreplay is good but learn to take it well so it don’t mess you up. Don’t fuck what you cannot handle. This is why Mimz hot, This is why mimz hot, this is why, this is why , this is why mimz hot. Next time use a Wole Soyinka alias and maybe i’ll just be fooled. Schewz

• blaze January 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Tehehehehehehe

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 6:53 PM

lol…ur both hilarious…well u deserve each other, the lewd,vulgar crude pair, ur mouth n minds nid 2 b scrubbed wiv d harshest soap arnd…y’all prob knw m ryt…in d dark deep perverted recesses of ur dank minds…i dnt suck up 2 no one…mchewwww. Nw run alöng u two…..i hear noble callin…..

• mimz January 21, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Lollll….ok…you’re so NOT on track…are u happy now???? :-)

mchewwwwww…..skank..

p.s: av u smoked ur pipe yet???

• dante January 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay…now i’m waiting for y’all to tell us all that y’all r actually friends n av jus written all above to keep us entertained…cuz i really think this has gotten outta hand…
      …lets take beef n hate off the menu n converse like the tru gentlemen n ladies we all are…its quite easy to get carried away n develop huge cybermouths n pop off but it really doesn’t av 2 b so…
      @ blowjob n blaze: peeps u’r takin d shyn off noble’s work…u can get ur msg across without being so aggressive….u just might b fanning flames of hate for noble’s work
      @ mimz n hotness: it’ll b really nice if u could quit posting incendiary comments…

The world’s best works of art are not loved by everyone…n even the worst is loved by someone…(seven pounds was voted as one of the worst films of last yr n personally i think its a great movie…i know people who can’t slumdog millionaire while i feel it was the best movie of ’08
      I believe this is a good piece but as I said earlier i don’t think its his best work yet!!!
      PEEPS…. JUS AGREE 2 DISAGREE…
      I pray i don’t get hit by a stray bullet n hope blood doesn’t splash on me cuz of this post ooooo!!!
      n yeah…OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…lollol

• Neli January 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I am tired of re-reading your article, trying to make sense out of it!!!Maybe you should re-do the article.

I like M.I though!

• La Verite January 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I believe that he means in the sense that while he was trying to pull off a reverse angle article….he came close but didnt quite pull it off. 9ice one tho’

• La Verite January 21, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Stumbled on this article quite by accident. Now I understand why NIgeria as a whole is in a standstill. When I first read this, I thot….. ironic article, then I read the last set of commens and thot maybe not…..I had to read all the comments to be doubly sure of my first thot. The problem is the ones that dont understand confuse the ones that do and leave eberyone in a no-win situation.

I agree that to an extent the article was not well pulled off. But I am sure that if a poll is taken now nobody here will be able to write anything close to this article so I suggest the criticisms stop….if I am lying give it a try. Nigerians are good at criticisiing but give em a chance to do the job and they flop hopelessly!

I also agree that to an extent the article should have been written to the average Nigerian or African;s understanding…..at the same time with the educational std in our beloved country you may have to write at the level of a primary school kid for all to undastand! Basically, Mr. Igwe you need to try and achieve a balance and you are close but still need a bit of work, but GOOD JOB!

NOW, Blaze and Blowjob (sound like one person using dual identities), even if you feel someone is dumb you dont have to insult them, like they say its beter to be quiet and a fool than open your mouth and confirm it. At first I thot mayb u 2 were sensible but later on, u confirmed by yourself that you need help.

This is an INTELLIGENT discussion not a forum for every ape who dint pass Common Entrance and therefore lacks commonsense to come and spew rubbish.

FINAL THOT: Good attempt….I am a writer and I can probably write better but it took a lot of practice to get there. He tried but he needs to acheive that balance and he is getting there. So for those who do not have any literary appreciation exercise your freedom and log off the internet!

Mr. Igwe…..keep your head up! Good attempt but fine-tune it next time. I have no doubt that you are talented. And am sure that 90% of the commentators cannot do even half what you did so….CARRY GO!

• mubby January 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM

yeah u got what d writer is trying to say most pple are acting illiterate here, d guy who wrote dis article did a good job. kudos to him…

• tosyn January 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

great job Noble

the world is yet to recognise the force that M.I is

and dont expect every article u write to be well received, its what we go thru as writers!

• mubby January 21, 2009 at 10:42 PM

yeah ure correct pple just drop comments like illiterates and dey dont even try to read tru well i wonder oh……..

• mubby January 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM

i hope u got d message d writer is trying to send to all of us he is trying to say dat M.I is too good simple read well nd stop acting like illiterates….

• mubarak January 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM

u illiterate read dat article well, all he is trying to say is dat M.I is just too good simple……..

• mubarak January 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM

thank u guy i had evenm replied to dat don p guys comment he’s acting illiterate………

• Boondock January 21, 2009 at 11:19 PM

@blaze
      Says who? – Says me
      As What? – As an individual with an opinion, even if I made my remarks as Wole Soyinka or the Professor Emeritus of English, it makes no difference, it is still my opinion, and I don’t need a title to validate it.

You need to calm down when giving your opinion. You don’t have to insult people to make a point, granted, I wasn’t directly insulted, nonetheless you come across as bellicose and angry. No one is fighting with you, we are just expressing opinions.

• tonpe January 22, 2009 at 3:47 AM

La verite the great writer,you are very intelligent o..in one sentence you were able to identify the root cause of the problems we have in naija!!

• tonpe January 22, 2009 at 3:51 AM

Blaze aka blowjob, na wa…na so this thing pain you, you even came back with another identity…!!geez get a life

• blaze January 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM

@ La Verite,
      You’ve spoken well and no,i am the same person as blowjob.
      I think he or she noticed what was happening.
      @ Mr Igwe,
      When are you writing again?I’ve always followed your notes on Facebook.
      keep the good work up.

• blaze January 22, 2009 at 8:11 AM

@ Tonpe,
      Please don’t just start with me….
      Let’s respect Mr Igwe’s work.

• yanks January 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM

u nailed it La Verite……well said!!!

• yanks January 22, 2009 at 2:12 PM

true!…

i sent the article to some friends of mine who havent heard of M.I and the responses we mixed..some were abit worried if the writer was dissing and some outrightly got d drift of the writer, however, i think its cos most of us know dt Mr. Igwe is a fan of MI’s music that we readily assume and conclude that he wasnt dissing AT ALL!!…

guys, stop the foul ‘evil’ bantons,k?….

BACK OFF!!!…….

• yanks January 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM

@shola…

…30,000 in 30mins. mayb you need to sit with t-joe and find out if he will fade in a year….

oops!sorry i forgot, its over a year already!!!

:-)

• tonpe January 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Blaze aka Blowjob..please feel free to get started with me..please feel free to keep displaying your stupidity

• Blowjob January 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM

@ La Verite… good to know you are a writer but pls let someone who has read your articles come here and acknowledge that. I recognised some other writers who have made comments here but did not feel the need for public acceptance and thus sling their vocation in our faces.
      As to the writer’s need to consider the educational level ( as u said ) Are you implying you want him to sound as dumb as you feel the educational system allows ? Reading is an intellectual exercise. Just like swimming , you are not expected to go to the deep end if you cannot handle it. While I cannot be extremely bothered about the writer’s skill but also welcome the idea of healthy criticism, I think it is funny to hear you talk about him having to balance bla bl bla and in the same vein rate his article as good Job. (egbon teacher!)Sugar, make up your mind ! For a writer you should know there’s a sharp distinction among the terms, bad, fair ,good and excellent.
      Also, for some one who says we should not insult dumb people, won’t you accept it is hypocritical and dumber of you to say Blaze and I need help ? And in case your shallow writer sense did not notice, I only picked on insultive people or the deranged too-knows like you.
      Baby, take chill pills. Or better still go and get a good lay. I am sure after that those cobwebs clear the notion that you are a crappy writer and thinker would clear faster. (and add Pscycho – analyst ) since you joined the other dumbos in deducting that I and Blaze are one (Eureka Not !). Once more, get a good lay (more like fuck)for even imagining that i would be that bored or chicken livered as to take on a dual personality on a site that allows for anonymous feedback.

On that note, I’ll end by saying the article works and is still working. I learnt somethings I did not know about MI and I also learnt that the writer is evil and dirty.I love the headline and I love M.I ( He has a nice ass and even nicer lines) and I am having fun !!!

• Blowjob January 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM

@ Face, you are obviously the offspring of a bitch and a bastard. bet you don’t even have a surname. Which is not surprising as you are the product of numerous one night stands. Let me guess, you have blue eyes, straight hair, a flat nose and you’re a quarter cast. (for lack of a specific name of your color). Just cos some people are as far off as u’ll ever be to having dinner with Obama don’t mean you should hate for no reason. You did not pick on the other equally dim witted morons who have been dissing all over the site but no you chose some one neutral who just came and voiced herself innocently. Boy, dash yourself brain o…

• Blowjob January 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM

@ Tonpe and Mimz, can’t you honestly see you you are both way out of your league ? Why do i picture two dudes with down syndrome jerking off ?

• Kpakpando January 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Na wa o! So you people have turned into internet gangstas because of common article? I hope this passion shows itself in areas of life that actually matter.
      What happened to just making a comment without getting rude or simply just moving on to the next post if this one doesn’t tickle your fancy.
      Bella abeg is there a way to moderate the e-thugs? O zugo biko, ha na kpa m’iwe.

• adunni January 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Blowjob,
      I couldn’t care less what your opinion is on this topic seeing as you have been constantly worked up over it.But do you not think that qualifying people(moreso,those that will most definately remain nameless and faceless characters to you) as with down syndrome is NOT funny?
      You think down syndrome is a JOKE?something to use to try and get the one-up over strangers on the internet?that doesn’t make you hard or as some would say “she/he fit yabb”.
      It’s a cheap shot at best and a weak attempt at the most.Maybe you should take a trip down to your nearest school for special needs children etc,and open up your obviously enclosed mind,and see that those with down syndrome do not generally fit into the type of picture you are trying to paint your e-enemies with.or better yet,talk to a mother with a child with down syndrome,and learn..open up your mind.
      It’s a shame when people want to insult others etc and feel it’s okay to say they are stupid or dumb with words like “retard” “down-syndrome” etc.
      Those words you so casually sling are some other peoples reality you know.
      And besides is it THAT serious? REALLY is it?
      Yes we are all allowed once in a while to get angry over issues over the net etc,a few words get traded,BUT common,isn’t there a time to just stop?WHY the constant anger?WHY?over what?M.I?Noble Igwe?

Over this issue,obvious multiple ids have been created,things have been said that just make one wonder if there is more to all this than meets the eye.Even “innocent” bystanders who just want to drop a comment wonder if its a good idea as nobody knows who is attacking who.

Please there is a limit to everything,let us try and channel our passion to other more productive things.Coming on here and still seeing this “battle” raging is just so boring now,not to mention distracting.
      You can come back,hurl insults at me,mudsling for all i care,i have spoken my piece and choose to rest my case.
      All i know and stand by is that its not THAT serious.

adunni

• Trendy January 22, 2009 at 9:14 PM

get a life dear

• fake guyz January 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM

mehn whoever wrote dis article shuld get a fukin life,all of u dat support him are retards,wots wrong wiv m.i. remixing gbnoo feli? @ least he gave a shout to both d’banj and don jazzy..like u r saying lil wayne is silly 4 wot he doz,he has probly remixed every song in america…so go jerk off someehere mehn,i even thot u wer goin 2 make sense in this article,dats 15 minutes of wasted time dat il neva get bak,so thnx asshole..hisssssss

• La Verite January 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM

All he is saying is that MI is so good that he should be jailed….its an ironic piece…or however you choose to term it.

• La Verite January 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Blowjob, you really are a waste of time and you obviously failed English language as well. I said it was a ‘good job’ not the best or exceptional….if u understand what that means it is simply saying good attempt but you can do better. As for the rest, my dear, I have better things to do than reply the ramblings of a confused mind………..you on the other hand…….well…..thats another story.

• La Verite January 23, 2009 at 3:47 PM

thank you oh!

• La Verite January 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I am not a great writer oh, just trying to get there……..

• La Verite January 23, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I assume you meant u are not the same person, my apologies. The tone of your comments were the same that was why……we can all agree to disagree can’t we?

• La Verite January 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I didn’t insult you, I stated a fact, YOU DO NEED HELP.

• mubarak January 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM

@ fake guyz; mr man chill now read d article well and stop acting like an illiterate. all he is saying is dat M.I is too good…….. finish… nawa oh….

• mubarak January 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

@blow job; why did u type dat at d 2nd to d last line “he has a nice ass” are 4cking gay or wat…. but anyway u nailed it la verite…. im not starting a fight im just expressing wat i see be more careful when typing anyways…..

• face January 25, 2009 at 4:34 AM

lol!!you just summed up your whole life sa!!!sicko!

• bizzy January 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM

hey u fakeguy, have u ever heard of the word sarcasm….u mofoz don’t read the article properly, hence jump into incoherent conclusions. Its a rather sad situation especially for the fact that u get aggressive over ur own stupidity. It really to a great extent shows ur level of intellect ; slow to understand,quick to insult. If u don’t go work on ur English understanding skills, u will find urself wasting more than 15 minutes of ur life u will neva get back ….which leaves me with one question: who’s d asshole now?!

• Ko Easy January 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM

why do i smell the hate factor??? i think y’all are just haters and y’all needa chill and give the guy a break. and until y’all each come out with at least a single hit that makes as much as a ripple in the music industry, just do us all a favor (actually, me- do me a favor) and shut it. and that will be all- for now. pswt.

• Blowjob January 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Adunni, mother Theresa…heya…so down syndrome is not a joke. ha, i never knew o. Queen of charity. I hope it’s not your reality. When other pple described some as being mad..it did not occur to you that there are actually mad people on the streets of the world abi ? Pls spare me. You probably call your man names and all what not. and the other people that labeled otheres for no reason nko ? asides from what you stated, what excatly’s ur point ? u just wanted some attention right ?

@ La verite, I feel honoured that you replied me twice. I’ll get help.as soon as you stop hiding behind people and feeling intellectually superior with your blocked writer self. at least we now acknowledge that ur a writer.

Ko easy after 4 days u say we should shut it ? Lol ! that’s bullying !

y-a-w-n !

• stunnaz101 January 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Why dont u guys jst chill n enjoi d boi spit… nice track

• Yels Kan January 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Pls i’m confused. What the heck are u trying to report? That the guy is good or not? Noble u’ve lost me. MI is the SICKEST rapper at the moment.

• naijachic January 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM

M.I is the illest! Some 9jans are still backwards in this age of Barack Obama…Na wah o! Btw I lurve dis article…good job!

• yanks January 29, 2009 at 7:15 AM

lol…r u tryin to say that MI is medically sick/ill?!..uv lost me too……

• yanks January 29, 2009 at 7:17 AM

@yels kan
      lol…are u tryin to say MI is medically ill/ sick?…u’re confusing me too….

• Abiodun Damiro January 29, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Simply awesome, I think he is the hottest rapper outta naija at the moment. Also he did reference Don Jazzy and D’Banj. Whoever is not reading the article well needs to go back and take their O’Levels again.

• swee jo January 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Art, in whatever form, is to be appreciated, ( I daresay revered), constructively criticized where necessary and enjoyed. It is not to be ridiculed by shallow comments bordering on abject ignorance or from the darkest hues of envy. If you liked the piece, fine, it’s your opinion, if you didn’t, it’s your opinion and it’s still fine, do a critique and move on. Emphasis here is on the words : MOVE ON!

• sarrix February 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM

its a lie….nothing like sarcasm there….he had a thesis statement quite alright but it was not supported properly, i even got confused @the first two paragraphs…wat has m.i’s arrest got to do with constant power supply, gov. fashola and bowling houses???? pls tell me…even the sarcasm he may have intended was not properly expressed….WTF!!!

• Benny Bing February 3, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Wait! Do I understand this right? You are ranting becos he sampled a d’banj beat? Wow… With all due respect, your whole article doesnt make sense. I respect the fact that he is not rapping about “Yahoo” which is equivalent to “crack music” in the US market. Let talent shine, dont hate. Well, its your website and you are free to talk any ish you want. How did i even stop here?

• ochuko February 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Nice write up.. MI is hot!!.. you can read more of MI on my blog..

• innocent February 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM

hahahaha @ yanks…ur a confused personn ohh. im sorry
      no he’s not sayin he’s ill/sick..
      sickest is a metaphor for very good, talented etc..

• yanks February 11, 2009 at 8:59 AM

lol @innocent..

i know waht hes tryin to say, however my point was he used the same approach of wiritng that the writer used and he was confused! so he mentions “sickest” rapper and i ask..is he ill?!..(get it) :-)

• classics218 February 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM

u got my attention …but what the hell …where is this article going.

• STONE February 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Man………..ur whole article was completely misdirected and stupid
      David Bot: how does M.I’s talent relate with power supply and governor fashola
      David Bot: seriously. find something better to do cuz if M.I was into writing, you will be out of business

• STONE February 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Man………..ur whole article was completely misdirected and stupid. how does M.I’s talent relate with power supply and governor fashola. seriously. find something better to do cuz if M.I was into writing, you will be out of business. seriously

• shexy February 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM

You all should should stop chatting shit, get a life nd do dumfin useful wit ur time, instead of writing pointless articles, if u wanted to introduce the track, u might as well ve done dat frm d start.

• Don X February 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM

nice stuff lol
      he was featured on the ‘from dc to gidi’ mixtape by DJ Don X

• badman March 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM

This article is pointless and stupid…best to shut up when you have absolutely nothing else but rubbish to talk about.

• ray March 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM

..with all due respect, learn to follow your thesis statement with facts that flow and support the thesis. Theres nothing for me to support. All I can say is M.I’s the best rapper in naija n if u feel different, please tell us who’s better! This writeup is extremely poor…heck, now everyone can have a blog!!!

• Nick March 13, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Seriously, this article is just a load of BS, i don’t even now how i got to this page in the first page. Im sure you are someone who’s just started blogging and is still getting used to some minor attention you’re getting. An advise for you, get a girlfriend and u might get to relieve all those overblown tension you got. Peace!

• lin March 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM

This blog is kinda funny am guessin the author was undecided whether he was jokin or serious..nice 1 thou its definately gud 2 read sm stuff dat dont make sense sm times…

• yanks March 16, 2009 at 9:29 AM

men! guy beef plenty ontop this article wey you write o…i hope M.I himself has been here to see and know how many fans hes got o…men!power of the fans!!!

But guys! havnt y’all had enuf pound of his flesh…let the author be and move on to other things…haba!

• LaLa March 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM

People are still harping over this article?! Geez, move on. If you get it the tone-then good; if not, better luck next time! Chei!

• 419 Radio March 31, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Great Hype Bella! I was wondering what it was all about at the beginning.

• Wisey April 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Your article successfully raised a false alarm and I got more confused reading the entire article. Your claims were so ridiculous that I was left alone to wonder if u were musically inclined in any way at all. M.I. remains the best rapper in Naija so far. Like He himself would say”Other rappers are distant, they should have listened” . Next time if u have nothing to write, write NOTHING!

• Khnightwulka May 19, 2009 at 12:07 AM

M.I is ok but why would he want to sound like Kanye west and Lil wayne, let him creat his oqn styl and move on wit it, instead of sampling peoples bitz,lyrics and swag……………I still prefer a Naeto c and an Ikechukwu (killz) to this dude,,,,,,,,,,a ruggedman fan 4 ever………….

• naija shawty May 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM

i tot the alarm was not well substantiated in the post

• naija shawty May 29, 2009 at 3:29 AM

its called business.

• dj June 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM

I don’t understand what this post is all about. Sure sounds like someone looking for cheap publicity. I will NEVER make the mistake of reading your posts again Bella Naija….Over and out!

• covenant July 18, 2009 at 12:35 PM

pls anybody who knows mi should posy me his details cuz hes’s simply d best and pls is it mode 9 or rugged man or sage that is beta than him ma email is sleekgirlcovenant@yahoo.com pls post his details to me if u know him

• didi July 31, 2009 at 5:31 AM

dont u guys recognise sarcasism when u see it,d writer is simply saying M.I is too gud……………..ah

• CREAM August 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM

pls dont beef this guy,he his good,he ga it all i mean nija rap game,moreover this illegal music was not for sale,so heater back offand let him be,this guy make other rapper check in his name……………………he so hot……………..next time av better thing to raise……..cos mi ga a cough on this one

• coke September 21, 2009 at 8:33 AM

u should be the one to be chained…Mi is the best..he s got talents..dont hate

• ladex142 October 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM

That better be the case!

• Paddie November 4, 2009 at 4:41 AM

Ah ah, why are you beefing this guy now? He is a good rapper, accept that and encourage him not to ruin his carrier. OK.

• oyeleke December 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM

he aint beefin……he actually is over feeling someone who`s overkilling it…..but really M is not pitying those fake ass pretenders……he is ruin their careers………or if they take advice,,making them better….for now,it`s m.I or da grin or j jags,ice prince, iceberg slim…ike c.neato c……in that order

• oyeleke December 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM

i no understand these peeps o…….person they write these good article with a very good flavour of sarcasm and they cant e`en feel the taste……thank God for someone with a brain at last….that`s you……..

• becky December 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM

some of u guys did not even get the sarcasm in the joke…carry on Noble Igwe u re the best

1 2