The Look: Colour Rock

Posted on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Today on ‘The Look’, we are featuring a guest from the recent Inspire Africa Benefit Concert. This look was all about black with bright splashes of colour. A fitted black top with a gathered full skirt bottom decorated with purple, gold and red diamond-shaped blocks and finished with a tulle hem. Her bone-straight jet black hair, generously lined eyes and python skin clutch give her the rock star edge while her colourful multistrand necklace and simple black pumps are more girl next door. This Rihannaesque outfit was bang-on trend!

Photo Credit: Bella Naija & Purefoto

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 25 Comments on “The Look: Colour Rock”

Comments
    • mal prince February 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

she is a pretty girl…a smile would have been nice…lol

• sharone February 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

this dress is from lipsy! it’s even on sale sef…

• Tessy February 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Nice one

• Abi February 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM

@Sharome……so what if the dress is from lipsy or on sale????how does that affect you,the girl looks nice and rocking the dress…..

• Fadeke February 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM

….the dress is from Lipsy….and? The girl HAWT! and she can look like RiRi if she cut her hair!

• michelle February 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM

why do people think this very short chlidlike dress looks good….my 5yrs old niece would struggle to fit in it….bella am going to have call you out on this one…it’s not “Rihannaesque bang-on trend” but rather makes her look like she’s been shopping in the kids corner(which by the way rihanna has stopped doing for red capet events…) of were ever she got the outfit from…

• mary February 13, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Jealousy is all I smell here! what if it was on sale??? what if she bought it before it went on sale??? wharer you there??? she rocked the dress, her make up is on ponit ,not loud and looks natural. She rocks!!!

• mary February 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM

spell check I meant where you there? and on point

• Anon February 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM

In terms of footwear, the female behind her in the orange stiletto/sandals looks better. I wish we had a better look. Her skin looks great, wld have tried a shorter hairstyle maybe a bob. Didn’t have to fit the hair so very back. She looks good, no doubt. Just few adjustments that will make her look, wow.

• mary February 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Orange stiletto!!! plzzzzzzzzzzz did you see her dress? this look is perfect with the black satin cover shoes

• Uju February 13, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Chei! You guys are haters. For real? I’m not saying the chick is a hundred percent “It”. But she rocked that dress the best. She knew what she was doing. I like her style, and believe it or not, she was on that red carpet not us.

• Geekgirl February 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM

me like this outfit o and the whole ensemble..but er its not rihannaesque abi Bella what did u call it!

• Sugabelly February 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM

The outfit is nice but she ruined it. I’m interested in the orange girl behind her.

• Kpakpando February 13, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Reading some of these comments, it’s like you people host shows on style network and write for Vogue. I’m sure you guys are too “fierce” and are runway ready 24/7.

This girl has nice legs, and I think her dress choice highlights one of her better assets. I’m not a fan of her flat hair and i think she’d look much better with a hint of a smile,

• Geekgirl February 13, 2009 at 10:00 PM

BELLA what post to you have the wedding that the bridesmaid are wearing red,gold and burgundy?i can see some of the pictures in the recent photo box on the right side but i dont know what post to go and view all the pictures!HELP-lol

• Paris February 13, 2009 at 10:25 PM

im just curious! what exactly is d difference btwn “the look” & “my style”??
      is the “look” only going to focus on red carpet styles?? they seem like similar concepts 2 me.

i like this look by d way. luv d dress.

• mindyours February 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM

lord forgive me for my “thoughts”
      :lol:

i aint even gon say nuthin

• Nneka February 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM

LOL! That’s a ridiculously funny comment…..

• Bix Girl February 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM

the latest post on the love story of omeyi and alex

• cee cee February 14, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Love the look and Zainab is always fierce!!! great dress, perfect heels to match, necklace, coaktail ring and python bag…where did she go wrong…love it…

• mary February 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Yes Z got it so right!!!

• Lords Host February 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM

too much colours all together needs a makeover.

• shal February 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Yes i support dat…the gurl in the orange shoe rocks …..less is more nowadays ….d ‘look’ would have been better without d neckpiece

• Lauretta February 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM

lol, I agree..esp. think she would have looked better with a smile!

• Dorah March 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM

The dress is hot…but the necklace is not!