Arise Africa Fashion Week: Tiffany Amber

Posted on Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 at 8:39 PM

By Ijeoma Ndekwu

With Tiffany Amber collections, one should expect floral fabrics; as Folake Folarin’s designs are an embodiment of softness, flow and femininity. This collection definitely captures that particular feel to her creations with floral and intriguing peacock patterns, plunging necklines, cascading dresses with embroidery, frills, and stone and gem details.

A defined waist is always a present element in Tiffany Amber collections; in this collection she features slim and wide empire waist bands which draw the desired attention especially with their large knots. She takes a different angle with a few denim pieces, underlined with Ankara and plastered with flower applique.

While some of the floor length dresses are volumious, however, she also icludes pieces which streamline the female frame, by giving a  flattering and enviable silhouette.

ta

ta30

Photo Credit: Ladybrille Blogazine

See Slideshow for entire Tiffany Amber Collection

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 26 Comments on “Arise Africa Fashion Week: Tiffany Amber”

Comments
    • AMAKA June 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

first comment!
      this collection is amazing. i give it a 10/10
      this is something most women of any size can be wearing and wont look ridiculous.
      i want to model for african designers! im not too tall just 5’8” and im maybe a bit bigger than them. i have bigger boobs then all of them. lol
      thanks bella!

• blessed child June 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM

lovely collection

• piola June 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM

thats whats up!lovely eclectic collection

• Kemchi June 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I luv, luv, luv these dresses, they are absolutely gorg! Bravo Tiffany!

• Renee June 17, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I have always loved Tiffany Amber. I’m already thinking of getting some of the styles made for me.

• aosgrl June 17, 2009 at 4:13 AM

Oh my God. speechless. I think water came to my eyes. I want her to make my wedding dress. LOL.

• Bola June 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM

I was expecting to be wowed when I clicked on this TA collection, and I was WOWED!
      Ever stunning, feminine and flattering designs, TA never dissapoints!

• Omowa June 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Two words- Beautiful Collection!

• GamGam June 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Great, just doesnt seem to have direction
      and im not a very huge fan of long dresses.

• fi June 17, 2009 at 1:36 PM

FANTASTIC…the clothes are beautiful..appealing to the eye. most of them could be won by women of all sizes…she is a true testament to the FACT that Nigeria has TALENT. I wish her every success and hope that this will be a good leverage for worlwide success , with GOD!!!

• naijadude June 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM

And that is why she is the BOSS!!! Wow is simply the word…. lovely lovely…
      I wasnt expecting her to come short and she was nothing but flawless

• licious June 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM

One of the best!..loves it!

• chi June 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM

loves it! loves it! loves it! men tiffany amber collection is always the ish… the colors, everything. just simply amazing. did i mention i loves it. oh yeah i did but it doesnt hurt to say it again right? loves it.

• Yaffa June 18, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Totally impressed! I love this collection.

• lola June 20, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I work in fashion and I’m sorry there is nothing original here as its all been seen before, I can point you to a number of Indian designers who are massive in their countries and a lot cheaper and had these styles in their collections last year and did a better job. please leave fashion designing for people who are original and know what they are doing not everyone is cut out to be a designer.

• lola June 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM

are you being serious? i can tell you where to get a beautiful wedding dress that people will talk about for years to come, and def not from this designer.

• Informed June 22, 2009 at 4:28 PM

U have something against her? Surely ur criticism can be more constructive. U don’t like her designs, someone else does….it’s that simple. I love Chevy and someone else prefers Ford…everyone will get their own crowd so live and let live ok?

• shupi June 22, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Lovely,lovely…!!!African designers are talented and it’s their turn to shine..!!!

• hot June 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM

madam fashion industry o … who is original anymore?saw micheal kors and bcbg max azria spring collection and they were stuff we have seen before!!!so far everyone can put their own twist on things there is nothing new under the sun jare!!!

• hot June 23, 2009 at 1:16 AM

lola this ya biff for TA too much!!!

• hali June 23, 2009 at 9:05 PM

One word – cohesion

• Tozaye July 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM

smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ralph February 14, 2010 at 7:33 PM

i feel proud to be african…i couldn’t say brilliant anymore cos ryt now every one around me is gettin pissed.africa should rise and knock me off ma feet regularly.m so in love ryt now.

• temmy July 30, 2010 at 1:37 PM

i luv all what have seen and i will like 2 model 4 u, am 5.9 tall , dark and slim as ur models.

• Priye March 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I strongly believe Fashion has to do with your “OWN TWIST”,on stuffs as nothing is really new, trust me.

• Lola Debisi July 7, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I really love these pieces but there’s just no originality. They look like dresses i can just walk into any store and buy_cheap. Just no creativity to it, but they’re lovely all the same.