The Look: Red & Pearls

tokini-the-lookWe know you’ve missed ‘The Look‘ on BN! So we are working on bringing it back.
Today, we have a classic yet exciting look. Fashion Auction House CEO – Tokini rocks what seems to be a simple red shift dress, that’s until you spot the delicate ruffled chiffon detailing which gives the dress that ‘wow’ factor. She accessorized with a petal and gold pearl necklace and an ornate ivory clutch. Her centre-parted straight hair nicely wraps up the Park Avenue meets Michelle O look. Uber Fab!

23 Comments on The Look: Red & Pearls
  • mizzkenzo July 13, 2009 at 12:33 pm

classic. me likey.

• Mimi July 13, 2009 at 1:03 pm

nice, would have preferred if the hair-do was done up,rather than falling down her shoulders…plus would have loved to see the shoes,y’know just to see how she completed the look.,but lovely look altogether.

• S July 13, 2009 at 4:43 pm

wao Tokinis hair actually looks really nice straight. love d dress.

• Dorah July 14, 2009 at 12:45 am

Agreed. She have her hair in a sleek bun, braided perhaps. She looks great! She’s lovely, but I hate the fan…

• Dorah July 14, 2009 at 12:46 am

I meant, she should have had…

• Dorah July 14, 2009 at 12:58 am

A mid high pony tail would look cool and different too….

• Adeola July 14, 2009 at 9:25 am

Tokini looks lovely…i like

• me July 14, 2009 at 10:21 am

“Park Avenue meets Michelle O ”

WHY are you people so FAKE?
    Do we have ANY park avenue in Naij?Apart from all the fake girls who like to fake the funk and re-live their s.a.t.c dreams on the messed up streets of Lagos.
    Why don’t you celebrate OUR OWN terms?
    Let the world know what we work with.
    I swear you guys need a whoop up the backside,bunch of fake wannabes.

And please WHAT pearls?
    Freshwater OR??

Its all this unnecessary hyping of empty vessels that make some women walk around puffed up with the air of their own self imprtance,when they know that wether they look good or like shit,THEIR FRIEND bella will spotlight them and praise them.

NONSENSE.

BELLA YOU ARE A FAKE PERSON.

• babyb July 14, 2009 at 3:29 pm

LMAOOO. Someone obviously has some BEEF cooking. lol. Don’t hate, appreciate. lol.

• Yaffa July 14, 2009 at 9:42 pm

@Me- LOL! I thought along the same lines as you when I saw this piece. I may have expressed myself a little more gently : ) but I feel you. When I read ‘uber fab’ I laughed a little and shook my head…then I thought hmmm…do I do ever do that? Anyway it gave me food for thought in regard to how we as Nigerians allow ourselves to be entangled in modern day colonialism…from our hair (relaxers) to the way we talk. I like the idea of celebrating on our own terms but how do agree on what that is?

Anyway on a lighter note the dress is lovely; the ruffles remind me of a red Carnation.

• oga o July 14, 2009 at 10:38 pm

ah ah sho wa kpa? r u alrite? u sound very upset about sumthin i cant place my finger on…o yeaaaahhhh i get it now u r one of those sad ppl that which u had a glamorous life and prob wish u were d one featured as you are a waaaaaaayy more beautiful and real abi….ok sorry aunty, mayb u shld try harder next time u hear…old bitter woman lolololol

• oga o July 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm

very nice and chic

• Tina July 15, 2009 at 3:32 am

Damn, u sound really bitter..As in, something else must be bothering u cause its really not that serious… The babe looks pretty nice.. Relax jare…

• mina July 15, 2009 at 3:48 am

Lol, Tell her!!

• nandy July 15, 2009 at 2:00 pm

na only one leg she get?the girl no bad at all ,ok per say but nothing special about the coral bead .

• wow! July 15, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Hmmn…I agree with you but I don’t agree with the venom babes. Easy on the insults K? I do not think there’s anything remotely Über fab about the outfit, but abeg bella dey try joor!

• Owena July 15, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Lady let our your pain.Make us feel it.Lol

• Owena July 15, 2009 at 5:49 pm

How do u know she’s a “bitter old woman”?Face what’s on point jo.Over to you.Lolz

• me July 15, 2009 at 6:47 pm

typical response..i would have been dissapointed if someone hadn’t used the words “bitter” “hater” or “jealous”
    How predictable.

Wish i had a glam life?
    i plead the fifth…

Just no point.

• buffy July 16, 2009 at 2:26 pm

nt soo glamorous to me dou…
    @me…wats wrng wiv bella sayin pearls?dnt get ur beef wiv it sha

• fahioneesta July 19, 2009 at 3:50 am

@ me – i totally agree with you. guys…sometimes things are meant to be said the way they are..i dont think she is being a hater or being bitter plus are u guys trying to say anyone who says the truth most people dont wanna say is a hater? im sorry but i have to agree…i know bella does a great job but sometimes it all seems a bit “fake” for lack of a better word. a lot of these lagos girls a fake lets face it and live “superficial” lifestyles…
    @ oga o…how do u know she doesnt have a glamorous life? so are u now equating being featured on bella to being glamorous? u must be high on ur on supply mate. FYI..there r so many girls that live the glam life but dont feel the need to be all over the streets of lagos..that shit simply aint classy.
    this is very kiss- assy to me …dont get me wrong she looks cute and adorable…but park avenue meets michelle O? dude….i gatta pass on that one..lol

• policeisyourfriend July 19, 2009 at 10:40 pm

lol….they wont kill me on Bella Naija..
    @Me and Oga o i agree with you guys to some extent…..I find somethings on Bella very err…..a little fake…first of all i feel the same people(even celebs) are featured all d time…its mostly d same set of friends…also some choice of words e.g “park avenue meets Michelle o” like seriously.Also when she features bi racial people(even when it isnt obvious they are) Bella feels to need to tell us that the person is of mixed heritage and let us know exactly where the non Nigerian parent is from even when d the post has nothing to do with their it.i’ve never seen her tell us the hometowns of folks whose parents are both Nigerian.
    anyway sa, Its her website and she can run it whichever way she wants…i enjoy coming here and seeing the randomness

• silva February 27, 2010 at 12:54 am

i totally agree with you.. i mean c’mon, ‘park avenue meets michelle o’? nigerians are becoming more fake and materialistic and people like bella don’t help…2 much fakeness…