Stills Color 022 genevieveWe buzzed about the movie “IJE” last year. Now the trailer is here for all to experience.
Shot on locations spanning Jos, Nigeria and Los Angeles, California, IJE tells the tale of two sisters Chioma and Anya, the choices they make in life and the consequences of they pay for those choices. Chioma, a child growing up in the Nigerian countryside, warns her restless sister, Anya, about the pitfalls in trying to attain the American Dream, but all to deaf ears. Now, ten years later, Anya is accused of killing three men in a Hollywood Hills mansion—one of them her record producer-husband. Chioma has to travel from Nigeria to Los Angeles, and with the help of a young, unproven attorney, discovers that the dark secret her sister wants to keep hidden from all, but which might be the only thing she has to gain her freedom. The movie stars Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde.

46 Comments on Check out the trailer for IJE: The Journey starring Genevieve Nnaji & Omotola Ekeinde
  • Gennyz #1 fan January 28, 2010 at 10:45 am

ok so it seems to me like genny gets better in her acting every single time i see her while omotala gets worse….just my thots sha…looks like it’ll b a fab movie nywaiz…n yay!!!!!!!!! m d first to comment!!!!

• Habeeb January 28, 2010 at 1:58 pm

The trailer is super duper extra nice. Now am waiting, with my fingers crossed waiting for this movie in the theatres. Make my appetite dey wet dey go.

• Oluwaseun January 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm

the soundtrack sounds like asa’s voice

• idoncome o January 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm

hot hot hot!
    i so want to see it

• Seun January 28, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Yayyyy…I have seen this movie…and that is coz I was invited to its private screening….all i can say is that naija is not ready for this one…it blew me outta the waters…great job Chineze…

• MiaJadore January 28, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I saw the movie and it is very different from the norm. The technical quality ie sound, picture, direction and production were perfect. Although it is about the two sisters Genevieve and Omotola, the supporting cast gave alot to the movie because the found good actors for the roles. There was no suspence because you pretty much know how it was going to end, but it was still interesting to know how they got there. My favorite part was back in the village before the girls grew up, it was very realistic and natural.

Omotola and Genevieve were great as always, but Omotola was Exceptional and that could be because she had a more dramatic role. Genevieve seemed a little intimidated by the other actors in a few of the scenes, but was great too. When you watch this movie, you have a greater appreciation for those two (Gen & Omo T) because no other two actresses in present Nigeria could have played those roles. Absolutely in a league of their own! This is good step ahead(hopefully), something new, original and well done. Good job!

• az in... January 28, 2010 at 9:13 pm

oh wow! I wanna see, I wanna see…

• B-i January 28, 2010 at 10:55 pm

too hawt….i am PROUD to be a nigerian….we’re upping our game SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I berra start upping mine ;)

• boogsy January 29, 2010 at 1:05 am

love genevieve skirt

• tbn January 29, 2010 at 1:13 am

It is Asa’s song…thats why it “sounds like her voice”.. One of my fav tracks in the album
    I think this movie looks interesting from the trailer… I’d like to see it

• reyella January 29, 2010 at 3:09 am

I’m definitely buying this!!! I can’t waitooooooo!Two of the best together, nothing compares to that!

• TallChica January 29, 2010 at 5:24 am

I WANNA SEEEEEEEEE…..sigh…something to be proud of on top of being Nigerian….(stupid Mutallab screwing it up for all of us…and on top of that losing to ghana sef….)

• Ladi January 29, 2010 at 6:10 am

I think otherwise…lol! I think Omotola is good too, we can love them both shebi?

• info January 29, 2010 at 6:15 am

Last line of your 1st paragraph sounds oyibo… the realness of the village as if to say if they grew up in lagos is would have been unreal.

I’m just being critical, lol. Thanks for the review, I’m looking forward to watching.

• Benjy January 29, 2010 at 7:14 am

I here it’s a must watch and Genny and Omotola delivered their parts well. I’m not surprised at Genny at all. She somehow makes it all worth the wait and watch. Love the girl. Omotola can hold her own too, I just feel she needs to be more consistent with the “stellar”. Wish both of them and the producer of the movie good luck.

• Benjy January 29, 2010 at 8:19 am

Miajadore, Genevieve was “supposed to be intimidated” by other actors cause that was what was required for the character in the story, according to what I was told by someone who equally watched it and is not even much of a Genny-fan but unlike you, thought she was on point. Genny was a JJC who had come to save her sister from prison, never been to America before. Yes she played the more timid part, but the point is she must have done a hell of a job for her to actually convince you that she was indeed intimidated.

Omotola on the other hand was in familiar territories….haven run away to America as a child. Plus she was a “Beyonce” wonna be, so of course she would appear more confident and tough. And clearly she also did a great job cause you’re equally convinced. Bottom line both girls played their parts well.

I know you are entitled to your own opinion but still I don’t think it’s fair for you to give a verdict on performance on a movie that isn’t yet public. And as a fan of Genny and her movies, I would appreciate it if you did not send her to the slaughter for us just yet. Lol!!!

That said, I feel we have allowed these girls’ social standings and celebrity status cloud our judgment of them as character actresses. If we allow ourselves focus more on the character in the story and less on the character’s “face”, I feel we would find ourselves actually watching “a movie” and nothing more.

• MiaJadore January 29, 2010 at 9:09 am

I’m sorry, but what were you ranting about? Are you sure you were replying to my comment? and what part of it did I “give a verdict” and “send Genny to the slaughter”? I think your head is spending way too much time up your a$$.

• Claire January 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Proud of my Girl..Chineze Xandria Anyene( producer/director of IJE) this is just the beginning, hope you give some of the so called directors in Naija a run for their money..maybe they will step up and see that excellence in all is key. IJE is a must watch, A+ all the way babes. I am proud of you!

• ngum January 30, 2010 at 2:40 pm

that’s what i’m talking about! can’t wait to see this. naija movies are really moving up.

• Myne Whitman January 30, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Genny’s costumes in the movie seen to Nigerian designer, that is very good.

• Qees January 30, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I hope this movie will show in Numetro or silverbird Cinema Kenya ooo, i cant wait to see it…

• silkywave January 31, 2010 at 4:59 am

I cant waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt to see this movieeee!!!! Beautiful work:)

• jennietobbie January 31, 2010 at 6:23 am

please where did you watch the movie…I live in California. Thnxx

• clementine January 31, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Genny my girl anyday. Carry go.

• N.Vixen February 1, 2010 at 12:18 am

THIS MOVIE WILL REVIVE NOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• miss b February 1, 2010 at 12:53 am

FINALLY! Nollywood is stepping it up with the storylines! My 2 face naij actresses, gosh I cant wait!

• KK February 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

now you are talking.
    this is the real deal.

• Teemowtea February 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

I am so so so so goin to watch this movie, cant wait for it to b shown, hopeit comes out b4 march. dyin to watch it

• PJ February 1, 2010 at 10:23 am

Cant wait to see it.

• Princess February 1, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I can’t wait is going to be a good one for sure…both of them are excellent together

• trace February 2, 2010 at 11:50 am

GENNY rock on the ultimate trendsetter

• mo February 3, 2010 at 12:55 am

Chineze Xandria Anyene( producer/director of IJE) is a woman nko? Chei, this Nigeria! I’m so happy! It’s hard enough for a woman director to break-in in Hollywood but for a woman in Nollywood to do something on this caliber…! I’m proud and thankful for her!

Genny & Omo were great! Where/how may I purchase this? I’m based in TX and assume it won’t show here…but does anyone know different? Will it play in the USA? Pls tell me o!

• mo February 3, 2010 at 12:56 am

Also who was the screenwriter? Anyone know? The director as well?

• wunmi February 3, 2010 at 6:56 am

Impressed, very impressed. Omotola’s acting does not seem fake, I actually believe her character.

• Topaz February 4, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Wow, I can barely wait to see this movie, when is it hitting airwaves? Pls let’s know when its premiering, nice one Chineze, but Genny nearly fall my hand small sha with her dry accent, she could have tushed it up a bit, Omotola rocks anyday, am waiting

• ugochi February 6, 2010 at 9:04 am

ooooooo,wen n where can i get this movie.av been waitin n waitin.love u Jenny. n ofcos Omotola

• uche February 7, 2010 at 2:57 am

dats d point of genevieve’s character shes not meant to be tushed..but a typical nigerian girl..u get?

• Nnena February 7, 2010 at 8:53 am

tush or no tush–character or no character–genny rocks her naija accent as she no fit blow any phonetics–which is a good thing i guess…

• jo February 22, 2010 at 10:27 am

simply d best, omotola still rocks bt i still give in to genny go gals.

• Dave March 3, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Genny tried excellently well whether her grammer was tushed or not.. dat lady can surely act.. Genny rocks. Omotola, tight.. very good acting from Omotola.. both girls did so so well.

• ZEE March 7, 2010 at 10:27 am

GENNY SURE ACTS WELL

• OlucciArmani May 14, 2010 at 3:02 am

I can’t believe some have seen the movie already…i’m kinda jealous,lol. i wonder when and if it ll come to this part of europe.
    & lol, i love it when genny & omotola’s fans get on with the comparison lol. I don’t wanna get started but all ill say is….Genevieve knows how to rock her naija accent with a class and it WORKS perfectly for her, n YES SHES THE BEST ACTRESS NOLLYWOOD HAS!
    GO Genevieve!

@ oluwaseun, yea its Asa, singing her song ”AWE”….lovely song.

• YOLIBABI May 20, 2010 at 2:56 pm

hEY GUYS,,,,,,UMM I WANNA KNW WHAT CHANNEL AND WHEN DOES THE NIJERIAN SHOW CELEBS BATTLE FOR THE MILLION NIARA…COME ON??? PLSE SOME1 LET ME KNOW I’M DYING 2 WATCH IT THNK YU’LL. THE NEW GENEVIEVE SHOW?

• dASH July 28, 2010 at 10:51 am

Hi! to every one who loves progress and good CHANGE in Africa and Nigeria
    as a whole ! just want to say am really proud of our own Nnaji and Jolade these
    DIVAS are doing Nigeria and Africa PROUD!

I keep saying these time and time again very soon NOLLYWOOD WILL BE PART OOF HOLLYWOOD IF NOT RULE HOLLYWOOD!

TOMBS uP gIRLS we will get there soon u just need to watch these film IJE
    the story line, the pictures, the acts my Gosh!!!!! 5 STARS FOR ALL IN THAT FILM!

• bukiyoncy July 29, 2010 at 12:56 am

i luv…

• shola banks August 2, 2010 at 12:26 pm

omotola u r best.i rily enjoy ur actin any day ,any tym,also to u genny,u r great.dis is one of d best movie in africa.best of then are awesome,