Nadia Buari is officially the Face of Devon & A New ‘Miss Delta Beauty’ emerges
Posted on Thursday, May 6th, 2010 at 3:34 PM
For some months, rumours have been swirling but now it has been confirmed that actress Nadia Buari is the Face of Devon, a new line of soaps and beauty products produced by Orange Drugs. On Saturday 1st of May 2010, Orange Drugs held a dual celebration event. The event was both the official presentation and announcement of Nadia as the Face of Devon and the finale of the Miss Delta Beauty Pageant.
It is great to see our African stars getting product endorsement deals and corporate sponsorship. What is even more exciting is that Devon is an original Nigerian owned and produced brand and Nadia is a Ghanaian star, great to see the Pan African collaboration. Congrats to Nadia.
Just as Nadia star was shining brighter, a new ‘beauty queen’ was emerging.
We are not usually fans of the hundreds of beauty pageants that have cropped up in Nigeria. However, we liked this mainly because we saw girls with curvier figures as part of the pageant. Also, the traditional wear and evening wear that the girls rocked were actually quite cute so points for that!
The winner of the pageant was Sandra Uche Okagbue, she wins a 2.5 million naira cash prize and a brand new BMW. In addition, she will represent the Delta brand for the next 12 months. Lucky girl.
Check out photos from the event below.
Face of Devon - Nadia Buari
The Winner of the Miss Delta Pageant
Winner of the Miss Delta Beauty Pageant 2010 - Sandra Okagbue
Miss Delta 2010 Contestants in Traditional Wear
Miss Delta 2010 Contestants in Evening Wear
Celebs at the event
Zaaki with his wife
Nicholas Okoye with his wife
Face of Sleek Nigeria, Makida Moka
Singer/Actress, Muma Gee
Nollywood actress, Ebube Nwagbo
Tags: Davina, ebube nwagbo, Essence, genevieve nnaji, kate henshaw-nuttall, Makida Moka, Muma Gee, nadia buari, Olisa Adibua, Sandra Okagbue
- BN Exclusive: Ini Edo, Chidi Mokeme, Uche Jombo, Julius Agwu, Genevieve Nnaji, Omoni Oboli & More at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees Announcement in Lagos | Photos
- The Diamond Collection! Photos from the Folake Majin, Miss Majin and GM4FM Fashion Show
- Genevieve Nnaji, OC Ukeje, Funke Akindele & Kalu Ikeagwu Make the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees List | First Photos from the Announcement in Lagos
- **MUST SEE**BN Red Carpet Fab: The 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Enjoy Great Discounts on your Shopping in the Month of Love at the B&B Party Solutions “Red Fair: Valentine Sales Edition” – Sunday 10th February 2013
- Celebrity Guests at Mike & Keke Ezuruonye’s Star-studded Wedding
- Chemicals, Cosmetics & Cleaning Products! Meridyen International presents its Annual Fair in Lagos from the 29th – 31st of January 2013
- Stunning x 2! Your First Look at Oluchi Orlandi & Agbani Darego’s Natures Gentle Touch 2013 Ad Campaign
- All the Photos & Scoop from The Future Awards 2012 in Port Harcourt | BN Picks 4 Must See Looks
- “Sinking Sands”, Nadia Buari, Genevieve Nnaji & John Dumelo win at the 2010 Ghana Movie Awards