Dazzling Dakore & Dapper MAI co-star on the cover of Complete Fashion Magazine

Posted on Monday, August 16th, 2010 at 1:00 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Complete Fashion is a new magazine focused on the very best of commercial Nigerian fashion and celebrating the stylish looks of Nigerian fashionistas.
The magazine is lead by General Editor Franka Asindi and the new issue of the magazine features a double cover with Nigerian actress Dakore Egbuson on one cover and designer Ohimai Atafo of MAI on the other cover.
Dakore looks absolutely dazzling is three dresses by MAI. On the cover, she rocks a black monosleeve dress with a dramatic jewel detailed neckline by MAI. The dress is paired with red platform sandals and a black fascinator. Inside the magazine, we see Dakore in a gorgeous floor-length red gown with a multi-coloured brooch also by MAI. Her final look is a swinging knee-length yellow dress with a delicate black lace overlay. The dress was paired with pearls and black and gold platforms.

Ohimai looked dapper as always in a blue blazer paired with a striped shirt and white trousers.

In her interview, Dakore talks about her personal style (vivacious and playful), her famous locs (she calls them ‘locs’ because they are “not dreadful” and she is “not locked” – so she took out the “dread” and the “k”) and style addictions (Louboutins). She also discussed her projects including The Dakore Show.

In his interview, MAI opened up and detailed his journey into the world of fashion (he started out buying waistcoats for his friends who were getting married). Ohimai also had words of encouragement for up-and-coming designers and finally he discussed the future plans for his label.

We are totally loving the concept of the double cover and photoshoot! Kudos to Complete Fashion and the team behind the shoot.
For more information on the magazine, check out www.completefashiononline.com

Photography: Kelechi Amadi-Obi
Makeup: Bimpe Ogunmakin-Onakoya for Elite Makeup
Styling: Ebun Aboderin
Interview: Doyin Dairo
Accessories: T Peridot

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 59 Comments on “Dazzling Dakore & Dapper MAI co-star on the cover of Complete Fashion Magazine”

Comments
    • jojo August 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM

i lav eeet…..

• Waterlow August 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM

GO Ebun. Welldone love. Fabulous styling

• cynthia August 16, 2010 at 1:23 PM

u look good dear dakore

• CC August 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

What exactly is Dakore up to these days? I haven’t seen her in a movie in ages. She is one of few women who can pull off this red lipstick. Unfortunately, many women will try to copy this look and will end up looking like first time street walkers.

Mai… I don’t know I’ve never liked any of his fashion, but there’s a market for it I guess. He is an attractive guy though

• Nefertity August 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFULLLLL, IM JUST SOOOO GLAD TO BE AFRICAN, AND A NIGERIAN AT THAT!

• Ginika August 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM

nice!

• Teefah August 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Check out dakore’s michelle obama arm’s! I need to get to the gym asap and get rid of my bingo wings. I’m not impressed with Mai’s cover, Dakore’s is okay, could’ve been better, but the inside spread is nice.

• Catty August 16, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Dakore is perfect, can no one please u guys??there will always be one bad belle comment.

• Peperempe August 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Which Michelle Obama arms? Women can never stop putting down other women. Michelle Obama is an achiever who had a stellar law career and guided her husband to the white house and all you seem to notice are her arms? What a shame! You will never hear a man saying how unattractive Bill Gates is.

BTW, Bella thank you for restoring this reply feature jare, so that we can put people like this in their place. Nonsense!!! LOOONG HISS!!!

• magnetic August 17, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I think catty meant the Michelle Obama’s arms comment as a compliment…..I mean in the beginning everyone raved about how fab MO arms are.

• kemi August 17, 2010 at 4:06 PM

she actually meant “michelle obama arms” in a good way i.e well-toned, not flabby. read btw the lines.

• Snowjob August 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Michelle Obama arms is actually a compliment o!

• Nikky August 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Peperempe ….. to say someone has Michelle Obama arms is a compliment!!! That’s why she said she was hitting the gym. Relax

• Nezed August 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Bruv, Michelle obama has been commended for her taut and beautiful arms..So, when Dakore was compared to Michelle, it was in a positive light..

• Cutie August 16, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Nice, Dakore luks stunning. MAI, y Red, Red, RED.

• Geekgirl August 16, 2010 at 2:35 PM

i love mai!I just want to see him take time with the finishing of his outfits.He has POTENTIALS

• bj August 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Potential cannot be quantified me luv

• moki August 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Dakore is dapper!! She’s very unique. I am loving this.

• lape August 16, 2010 at 3:33 PM

i totally Gbadun MAI ATAFO!!!!! bella please feature him na

• Catty August 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I just love these 2 ppl!!Mai will u mairry me?!!lol

• Didi August 16, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Mai looks good. I’m over feeling him!!

• Rhoda Ebun August 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Mai, mai, mai

• Seun O August 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Dakore is beautiful as always. There’s nothing spectacular about the dresses. The styles have been done and redone by every designer out there. I would prefer featuring the Designer’s Men’s collection sef…… All in all, great job guys!

• Abeni Ebony August 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I LOVE DAKORE!!!! :)

• Bee August 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM

OOO I JUST LOVE DAKORE!!!

• Straight talk August 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Nothing spectacular…Good job bella Niaja for the adding the ”reply ” option.This make it much easier to make a get across to the directly…

• gbeborun August 16, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Mai + Dakore = hotness

• samson August 16, 2010 at 4:52 PM

the man’s cover and ed are awesome! the girl’s is abit too pozy

• Jade August 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Beautifu;

• Oddie August 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM

me likey !!

• SeunD August 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM

she should shave her armpit! #thatisall

• Sammy August 16, 2010 at 8:39 PM

She shavd her armpit u twat!!!!..Bad belle!

• Naija August 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Hahahaha…bad belle

• SeunD August 17, 2010 at 7:23 AM

check again :p

• Catty August 17, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I want to see ur own armpit before u talk!

• afrochic August 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM

mai has always been dapper from school days in ekp. He always looked and dressed like a GQ model! & i mean always. His success doesn’t come as a surprise. The photoshoot is awesome. Especially love his blue & red combo. Only the lion-hearted can pull this off!
      Dakore killed it in the lace/ankara outfit. Her red outfit is demure but sexy.

• Bolade August 16, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Such a classy and beautiful African Queen! Your man is sooo lucky!!

• Nice Anon August 16, 2010 at 11:56 PM

That dude puts the D in dapper!

• stella maris August 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I dof ma hat for you two.lol

• efetommy August 17, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Fab cover on both front n back… Mai never goes wrong. And the fact he’s bold gives him that thing countless designers die to have… Great work!!!

• Lara August 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Dakore is so hot in the red gown, love all the pictures

• Cynthia August 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Nice!

• Kevin Obosi August 17, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Its nice to see loads of magazine popin up in Nigeria, keep it up!!!

• ORIGINAL GIRL!!! August 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM

COPY COPY!! THEY COPIED ANOTHER RECENT MAGAZINE IN NIGERIA WITH THE 2 COVER THINGY….

• Ibo Omoge August 17, 2010 at 6:07 PM

…and the so-called “recent magazine” copied the 2 cover idea from a particular magazine in the U.S!…abegii!

• ME me August 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM

y dnt u see good in other ples work? try and do somethn meaning enough to be on BELLA NAIJA

• THE AMAKA August 17, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Dakore has always been one of the most beautiful faces of Nollywood. but where did she go? I MISS HER!
      everything about her is so elegant and natural and she is very well spoken.
      love it.

• tt August 18, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I just want the mag. Is there anywhere I could order it online to be delivered to me in London? its not fair, I see the mags and cannot get any.

• Pat Pat August 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Dakore looks Awesome, luvnin u gurl. Weldone for keeping a very strict,uncompromising low profile. No comment on MIA!!!!!

• akua August 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM

aww! :) so excited too see her “glam”…..i like the guy too.

• beese August 18, 2010 at 1:39 PM

isn’t complete fashion owned by the city people guys? was shocked to actually see the product looking posh. or isn’t it?

• ME me August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

it is owned by HINT

• Stan d man August 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Dakore epitomises true african beauty in all she does..Mai is definitely on a rise profile-wise, kudos to him..High production quality must be commended by Complete fashion mag…Go Naija, one love!

• dre August 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Is it me or is Dakore’s body banging or what!! Hot Babe, Love U DIE!!!

• my1p August 18, 2010 at 11:58 PM

beautiful man and woman
      dakore..u know she’s getting married to olumide akande right so she’s been off the scene for a while
      good luck to both

• osogagba August 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Kelechi Amadi-Obi keeps topping himself with these really fabulous shots.

• Bola August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

They both look amazing, i love it!

• Itsekiri Girl August 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I totally dig MAI’s style. He makes a lot of bold fashion choices that not a lot of guys can pull off. The Baby blue and white combo? Hot!!! I saw some of his works in TW mag bout a month ago, this guy is extremely talented. Thumbs up!

• Olivia August 23, 2010 at 12:01 AM

@ Peperempe; I think the comment with reference to ‘Michelle Obama’s arms was actually meant as a positive ie that Dakore has toned and beautiful arms like Mrs Obama. Note also that Teefah, who made the said comment added that she needs to hit the gym ASAP to look as good as Ms Dakore…..did I miss something??? English no be my first language, so be kind..lol
      All in all love Ms Dakore, always classy n radiant. The guy is great looking too not too savvy about men’s fashion but they both look good. Two thumbs up!!
      P.S I hope Ms Dakore does a movie soon cos when she’s good she’s really good!