Nigerian superstar, 2Face Idibia is the next celebrity to grace the third season of MTN Project Fame West Africa. The talented music export will join the list of recording artistes that have featured in Project Fame including Asa, Samini, Yinka Davies and Onyeka Onwenu.

2Face is scheduled to visit the contestants in the Performance Academy on Thursday, September 2. During his visit he will be on hand to mentor the contestants as well as motivate and rehearse with them. Being one of Nigeria’s most successful recording artistes, 2Face Idibia possesses a wealth of experience that only a select few can claim. With such experience under his belt, he is the appropriate artiste to motivate and mentor the contestants into becoming better performers and recording artistes.

And on Saturday, September 4, two weeks before he clocks 35, he will have the honour of being a guest/celebrity judge on the show. As the contestants will be performing most of his hit tracks such as African Queen, Only Me, True Love, One Love and others, he will be on hand to assess, evaluate and criticize their performance. After their performances he will end a show by performing for the millions of Project Fame fans who will no doubt be watching the show.

2Face Idibia, 34 was part of the R and B group, Plantashun Boyz that broke into the industry in the late 90’s. One of the earliest hits they featured on was “Omode Meta Sere” by Tony Tetuila. Based on the popularity of the song and the success of their debut album, they became one of Nigeria’s talented acts. The group which consisted of Black Face, Faze and 2Face later went their separate ways a few years later.

In 2004, 2Face Idibia, released his debut album “Face to Face”. The album was success and boasted of major hits such as the classic African Queen and Mfana Ibaga. As a result of the runaway success of the album he won the Best African Act in the MTV Europe Awards 2005 making him the first among his contemporaries to win a major international award. So successful was he that he was given a Special Recognition Award at the maiden edition of the Hip Hop World Awards in 2006, a rarity for an artiste who had just released his first album.

Now armed with four full albums, Mr. Idibia has become a bonafide bestselling act, and an icon of contemporary pop culture. Travelling day and night across scores of cities across the world, he is an ambassador of modern Nigerian music, and a genuine candidate for mainstream international break.

I understand how it is to be in a show like MTN Project Fame. I remember my days as an unsure upcoming artiste, and I’m happy to have an opportunity to mingle with the contestants and spend some time making music with them” Idibia said

Despite the catastrophic fire incident on Sunday, August 22, 2010, the organizers of Project Fame have insisted that “the show goes on”, and true to their words, the show continued with Helen and Vwede leaving the academy last Saturday. Seven days after the inferno, the PFWA recording went on unperturbed with veteran singer- song writer Onyeka Onwenu joining the judges and contestants to deliver one of this season’s most memorable episodes yet

“We are glad to have 2face on the show, these talents look up to him, they want to be like him, and it is a good way to make them feel the excitement and promise in store” Femi Ayeni of Ultima studios says

Tolu, Chidinma, Adebola, Rhoda, Eyo, Ochuko, Joecilia, Yetunde, Christian and Kesse will yet again continue in the contest, To keep your favourite contestant in the competition, just send his or her number to 306. Your vote, might just be the one to put them in the competition.

Project Fame West Africa has been awesome this season! If you havent been watching you need to start now!
On another note, cannot believe that 2Face is 35!

22 Comments on “It’s Their Chance to Learn from a Modern Legend” – 2Face Idibia on MTN Project Fame West Africa This Week
  • Aibee August 30, 2010 at 6:46 pm

TuBaba is one of my fave naija artists. On a lighter note, i hope the contestants dont learn how to have children all over town from him.

• Damola August 31, 2010 at 12:04 am

@ aibee, well, they must learn oh.. whether or not the like it, it comes with the fame.

• fokasibe August 31, 2010 at 8:08 am

35!! For real?

• Nezed August 31, 2010 at 8:23 am

Would show want to watch this particular edition… Tubaba!!!!

• Bola August 31, 2010 at 8:55 am

hahahaha @Aibee.
    35! I thought he was much older.

Contestants, sing your hearts out :)

• tblaiz August 31, 2010 at 2:28 pm

i have been waiting for this….am so excited! 2face i love you…go on i got ur back…i tnk..lol

• Someone September 1, 2010 at 1:02 am

How can i see the show in the UK?

• eazzie E September 1, 2010 at 8:07 am

@aibee and Damola there aint no perfect person and am sure you have done things that you are not proud about till date. Tuface is talented and i am a reasonable enough to look past peoples mistakes and appreciate the good factor. also on a “lighter note” dont break a sweat on his numerous kids cos u should check yourself reading stuff over the internet about someone who has made mistakes, am sure if u googled your name with all the good things u think u may have done in life, u would not find anything meaningful. please learn to appreciate good things not bringing out the worst in people each time you have the chance to. living that way could also help hasten the arrival of your own blessing. mscheuw……

• tope September 1, 2010 at 9:35 pm

So you need to chill, obviously it was a joke, she even praised him.

• Damola September 5, 2010 at 6:33 am

Bros,

I am a die hard 2baba fan. ok, I won’t die hard for him, but bros, I don’t care if he fathers 1M kids..

• jezz September 1, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Can’t wait to see who’ll sing Only me.

• steve September 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm

2face been in the game for a long time about time these young guys learn from artist that are still humble but keep putting in work . watch out for new track by 2FACE / KING DAVID ”CELEBRATION” IN Honor in 9ja’s 50yrs birthday

• SweetSerenity September 2, 2010 at 7:26 pm

How does four albums a legend make? I am not taking away from 2Baba what he has accomplished but to declare himself a “legend” is a little premature in my humble opinion because when I think of a legend, I think of the likes of King Sunny Ade, the late Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, Onyeka Onwenu, Sonny Okosun, Ebenezer Obed etc. He still has a long way to go to be a “legend” modern or otherwise:)

• Mom-to-a-toddler September 3, 2010 at 11:07 am

Hoping Kesse does ‘Only Me’. He’s probably the only one with the vocal chops to carry the song

• yemi September 3, 2010 at 11:48 am

@SWEETSERENITY. well if people call 2face a Modern Legend..yes hes..you dont have to spend 70years or 1 million before you are call legend…only 1 track from your ablum can take you places for years till you die…at dis moment 2face still the best …moreover he open doors for the rest with MTV Europe Awards 2005, Kora Award , world award..so tell me what Legend should do more that…
    If you dont like his lyrics then you dont talk….stay safe…

• SweetSerenity September 3, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Ma’am, did I mention anything at all in my posting about his lyrics? I think not! I am a fan of his music and I still stand by the fact that I do not think he should proclaim himself a legend, there is an arrogance about that statement that is uncalled for, let the people declare it. You are entitled to your view point as I am to mine, I just don’t want anything ascribed to me that I never utter. Have a good weekend.

• Someone September 4, 2010 at 12:04 pm

2face Idibia is a legend take it or leave it. With due respect to the likes of Sunny Ade, 2face Idibia is the main catalyst why Nigeria acts are recognised and known everywhere today. A song can make you and “African Queen” is a hit that cemented 2face’s status as a legend and it will take long to top. I am not yet married but I am going to make sure my unborn children and even grand children get a copy of that song. Psquare, D’banj, 9ice etc are all making good money and this is down to the success of 2face especially after winning MTV Europe award. 2FACE IS A LEGEND AND HE IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO NAIJA MUSIC SCENE FULL STOP.

• yemi September 5, 2010 at 10:23 am

2 baba lyrics killer…listen to this video

• owolabhy pleazee September 6, 2010 at 1:08 am

what am about to utter might not be originality of the story but part.
    @ serenity- i gat what u re tryin to point out, there is what is called ” THE LIVING HERO” I guess this is what 2face is. The truth is, he is not giving himself the title but people do. And, is good if you can do anything to to make your good image (name) remains in the stardom you struggle to make.

• ayobami September 8, 2010 at 11:09 pm

2face is a living legend,I giv it 2 I’m.he kipz reppin naija.waz at world cup, part of world cup songz,world class album packaging,collabo wt international acts lyk mary j,nafdac ambassador wt new track 4 nafdac et al, all diz year.he`z a talented & lucky dude despite d lil setback 4rm scandals

• tina darkowaa September 10, 2010 at 4:45 pm

kesse u are the best keep it up.ghanaians luvs u

• eby September 29, 2010 at 6:03 pm

pls all dis back belly people, u people should leave 2face alone.is not a must that everybody should like 2face, so if u don’t like him leave him alone and mind ur own business. u will be here criticizing him while he is busy counting his blessings. my dear there is something we have to understand in this world, whosoever God has bless, there is noting that will change the blessing, no matter what u say the blessing is there.why can’t we leave and let others leave their life.