Tsemaye Binitie Spring/Summer 2011 Collection- The Lookbook

Nigerian designer, Tsemaye Binitie and his previous collections have graced the pages of BN Style and we still can get enough of  the Fashion Brand.  The Spring/summer collection embodies what I’ve come to resonate with the brand; an easiness inspired by simple cuts and lines. He gives us a light feel for the season with white, yellow,  nudes, playful cropped tops, floaty fabrics, delicate florals and a heavier feel by moving towards blue tones and presenting an array of black dresses.

“The Spring/Summer 2011 collection is called ‘cut out and keep’ and was inspired by the paper fashion game of the same name. It features dresses and daytime separates that convey a ‘down-town’ cool. Tops are cropped, trousers are slim and dresses are cut out to reveal bare skin or contrasting fabrics. Silk crepes and organza, jersey, denim and leather come together with signature body conscious silhouettes to create a unique and contemporary collection’.- Tsemaye Binitie

View full collection below:

Visit Tsemaye Binitie Website
info@TsemayeBinitie.com

11 Comments on Tsemaye Binitie Spring/Summer 2011 Collection- The Lookbook
  • Peperempe November 4, 2010 at 11:07 am

The pictures are badly out of focus, I can’t see the pictures without straining badly. I hope this wasn’t intentional.

• mbabazi November 4, 2010 at 11:24 am

first to comment yeah..no 11 is a personal fave but inly skinny girls can work that look so then number 15 is my magic dress. if you got hips thats it

• mbabazi November 4, 2010 at 11:26 am

http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com. generally the collection is goood. people please today lets not complain about the mzungu (white) model.she did a great job. check out my bloghttp://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

• anon November 4, 2010 at 2:49 pm

SOLID collection o. Na naija dey do dis? Some tailored, minimalist sturves. I couldn’t see the pictures here well, so I went to the designer’s web site http://www.tsemayebinitie.com/. Wow, just wow. There’s a black dress under Collection -> Blackout that I am seriously considering as a wedding dress. In white, of course.

On another note, it is so obvious from the quality of the collection that Mr. Binitie didn’t study in Naija. When will our Naija universities step up in fashion design too, Lord, please? It’s not just about using or not using local fabrics. It’s… there’s a touch to it. I keep hoping our bright stars of fashion, both at home and abroad, would one day set up a world-renowned fashion school in Nigeria.

Good job Mr. Bintie :-)

• The Bola November 5, 2010 at 4:57 am

nice talioring, but he needs to work on a differentiator

• anon November 5, 2010 at 10:31 am

@The Bola, I see solid differentiation already on the cut, the fit, the tailoring, and the fabric. Maybe what you are trying to say is that his approach is minimalist. But that makes it even more impressive for me because 1. the minimalist approach (in art, textile design, fashion, interiors, furniture, architecture) is not an African norm at all. (That alone is a differentiator) and 2. The fact that the colours are so simple makes you focus on the line and the fit. There is no room to hide behind bad tailoring here. Also I am speaking from looking at the clothes on the web site as well. I think we should give honour where it’s due, everything doesn’t need to have ‘but’. My only ‘but’ would be: ‘but the Nigerian government could be all-out funding this guy!’ :-P Ok, I’ll stop doing spokesperson. Mr. Binitie, if you dey read dis, I am a designer and computer scientist and I want to work with you like whoa :-)

• al November 7, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Nice collection, but…i can get this kinda stuff in H&M

• Ollymoo November 9, 2010 at 2:52 am

how are we suppose to see the clothings???????????????????????

• nastynas November 9, 2010 at 5:48 am

Solidddddd!

• Jenifa November 11, 2010 at 2:18 am

Solid gini? Liar liar pata on faya…we can’t even see the clothes so how do you know its solid

• anon November 11, 2010 at 7:00 pm

@Jenifa Because we wen to the web site to see the clothes and other Binitie work. BN provided a ‘Visit the Web site’ link above. If you cannot click on it, it is here: http://www.tsemayebinitie.com/. Naijas sha. Already calling other people liar liar :-P