Taruwa, the arts and culture magazine, grown out of the bi-monthly event Taruwa for performers and artistes, has unveiled its October edition.

On the cover of the Independence Issue are the two enterprising young men behind RedSTRAT, the content and communications firm that runs the popular The Future Awards – Adebola Williams and Chude Jideonwo. RedSTRAT also owns the new youth culture brand Y!, which includes Y! magazine, TV and radio shows and online platform. RedSTRAT is also communication company to a range of brands including the Nigeria LNG, Storm 360, Harambe Nigeria, amongst others.

“The interview centers on the work that they have done over the past five years, the hot brands they have introduced to the market, their inspiration, where they get their strength and what plans they have for the future,” Lydia Sobogun, founder of Taruwa and publisher of the magazine, said. “Most times, they are busy celebrating others and giving platforms for others to shine and it was pleasure to have this in-depth conversation with them.”

This edition also has an exclusive interview with the legendary gospel singer Panam Percy Paul as well as an article by singer Christine Ben-Ameh on 50 years of Nigerian music, and what the future holds.

Taruwa is an idea to promote the arts and culture in Nigeria and to retain pride in our common heritage. Its flagship is the bi-weekly event Taruwa, which grew out of Lagos and has now spread to Abuja and Kaduna – holding monthly.

32 Comments on ‘The Future’! Adebola Williams & Chude Jideonwo on the cover of the new issue of TARUWA
  • Olayemi November 5, 2010 at 10:57 am

Where is Emilia? Just asking ooo ….

• Glossy November 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Exactly, that is how Nigerian men like to steal and push out the brain behind the deal. Where is Emilia the work horse while these ones hug the limelight. And Bella make sure you post this, you can like to censor me

• Amanambo November 5, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Kai. “Nigerian men???” Some Nigerians can ignorant? Glossy of course believes that na woman-man fight. Small mind. They are doing inspiring work period!

• Teris November 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Taruwa is a lovely concept and a great platform to appreciate the arts in a not-too-glitzy atmosphere, and even get to network and indulge your creative side.

The magazine attempts to underscore this; nice one.

• Olanma November 5, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I am very proud of those guys. Gimme hope!

• curious B November 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Emilia nko? #JustAsking

• DUDU November 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Aaaaaaaw! Nice. First time i ever saw Chude all suited up like this. This man loves it casual like that. Nice one

• Anonymous November 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm

@Olayemi,
    help me ask them o. dem don sideline dat poor girl
    wether fo d sake of moni or sometin else, only God know
    sha, but that future award would never be the same that I know!!!

• Olayemi November 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Na wa o, talk about female gender alienation in business, it’s gradually coming into play in our generation. It is well!

• Okeis November 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm

At least once magazinew cover that shows some substance

• Chipii November 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm

very dirty looking magazine cover! phm!

• Onyenku November 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm

@ Olayemi,
    the gist is that the girl said that the reason for setting up the award is no longer
    coming to play. she also said she does not understand them that, they have different goals and she went her own way!

• Tosin November 5, 2010 at 4:33 pm

“Most times, they are busy celebrating others and giving platforms for others to shine and it was pleasure to have this in-depth conversation with them.” – exactly

• Inale November 5, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Olayemi, Onyenku and Glossy, I am ashamed of you three. Is this all you can say about an inspiring idea? If you are friends of Emilia thinking that you must pull a great thing down because she is no longer a part of Future Awards then she should be ashamed to be associated with you. I read her in Citypeople saying that all is well. Are you calling her a liar? And if Emilia herself is behind this (I pray God not) then no wonder they are apart now. No good person pulls down a good thing.

• Glossy November 6, 2010 at 9:48 am

Inale indeed! I don’t know Emilia and she need not be ashamed of me. I am speaking for every harworking Nigerian woman that has brought an idea or pushed or nutured it only to be left out in the cold when big money is to be paid. Used and abused for the benefit of some greedy men.

I don’t care what emilia tells the press but I am totally aware of the modus operandi of many Nigerian men in business. No structure, no scruples, greedy, conniving and plenty bragging which is why nothing is ever properly done. When all is said and done the truth will still be revealed to us.

• Olayemi November 9, 2010 at 1:05 pm

@ Inale, FOCUS! Ahan! How can you think everyone is “Emilia’s” friend, hence wants to pull down the good works of other by raising a question that needs just an answer in queen’s English? Know what? I like your sense of reasoning, it’s quite traditional! Unfortunately, not everyone reasons like that, some of us are quite more exposed and know what “dialogue” means. Ekpele o, friend of awon boys….

• Chipii November 5, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Chipii you be one of those yeye BN commenters. Unfortunately you have a point, Lydia no try at all! Una for theme these shoot well – I can think of so many great ideas! In any case, thumbs up to the guys with the awards. Doing brilliant work espeically with enough is enough

• dami November 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm

yeah the magazine cover does look funny. Even the E on the “we are the future” is all out of whack and the photo isn’t a very good one.

• Esther November 6, 2010 at 8:46 am

Welldone to Redstrat makersof the FA,this team of three have been an inspiration to Naija Youths,You guys rock!

• webguy November 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I think the guys behind this mag need to put some more time and attention to detail. The art direction is rather poor. I can even see the ‘muslin’ used as background. Not to bring anyone down but just to say people need to live up to expectations if they are to be taken seriously. Nigerian mags have displayed a high level of quality recently (fab, blast, etc..) and it won’t be nice to see the standard come down.

Meanwhile I don’t understand why folks are heating up over Emilia. It’s either she’s been sidelined or she’s resigned to go do her own stuff. Which ever it is should be no one’s business. If they’ve sidelined her then i guess she can speak for herself.

Personally, i’m not a fan of the tardiness exhibited by the future guys in recent times: poorly organised shows, unjustifiable awards as it appears that it’s a clique thing etc. I also think they can do better with their Y! mag as it’s way below the standard already set by recent entrants into the industry. Goodluck guys

• NK November 6, 2010 at 10:14 pm

The big “E” is for Emilia!

• The Bola November 7, 2010 at 10:29 am

mag looks frumpy

• Foxtrot © November 7, 2010 at 11:32 am

Awful cover = Awful mag! Bella – is this article an advertorial or what?

• s.lko-abasi November 7, 2010 at 6:51 pm

great mag cover,i love it

• Kaka for real November 7, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Not proud of the mag (If Lydia knows who I be she will kill me!), but I’m proud of Adebola and Chude! You guys sha!

• L-WIZZLE November 7, 2010 at 10:26 pm

AWON BOYS YI, THEY ARE NOT KIDDING. HATERS GO GET BUSY! EMILIA IS VERY VERY VERY BUSY RIGHT NOW. DEBOLA IS PROBABLY PICKING UP A CHEQUE AND CHUDE IS PUTTING TOGETHER ANOTHER PR ARTICLE. YOU DEY HERE DEY RANT ABOUT RUBBISH. GOD BLESS YOU JARE CORRECT CHILDREN.

• Anonymous November 8, 2010 at 10:53 am

first of all chude looks like he wasnt sure of his looks. secondly even the pix shows dat chude is actually pressin debola down it just means dat chude is bein the boss and debola is his (errand) boy. where is the brain child “emilia” how come she is not on the cover? hope it is not wat i think o?
    if she is out den somethin is wron with redstrat.

• Anonymous November 8, 2010 at 10:58 am

omg! you guys are missing! check out http://www.thefuturenigeria.com for more comments.

• Azuka Ukoh November 8, 2010 at 10:59 am

Ehn Ehn Ehn Ehn Webguy abeg carry waka! PLEASE give me ur real name let me have a convo with you. I dont care about what you think of future awards, but Y! mag, don’t touch it! That is far and out the best Lifestyle magazine NIgeria has seen in recent times! The 50 @ 50 edition I could die for. I have put my real name here because i am ready to engage you on this one o! Y! – guys please dont pay this Webguy any attention. GREAT work! Guys, GR8 work!

• ade o November 8, 2010 at 6:37 pm

My boys are flying high! Proud of u!:)

• ade o November 8, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Aw my boys are flying high!!!!! Well done pples:)