Posted on Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 at 6:54 AM

By BellaNaija.com

For many years now, several media outlets have published numerous controversial stories about Nollywood superstar Jim Iyke and have made several false accusations that are based on unfounded rumors. Iyke has kept quiet for a while, and never willingly poured out his feelings in a relaxed manner, as seen in this exclusive sit-down interview with Emma Emerson of Golden Icons, and several more to come. This is the first chance to hear an unscripted voice from Iyke on several issues he shares with Golden Icons, the first of which involves one of the latest false rumors about him and a lady called Sallie.

Iyke also disclosed that, in response to these controversies and lies, he had previously stayed away from news media, as they have been very dishonest, to the point that some unscrupulous characters are willing to sell their souls for money. So for the past three years, he has not talked about any of these issues on live camera to anyone, including members of the media.

Earlier in 2010, Jim Iyke officially endorsed Golden Icons as a media partner. Upon showing Iyke a sneak peek of the upcoming Golden Icons magazine cover featuring him as the cover star of Issue 3, he commented that it was a unique cover and his favorite, as it shows a different depth of style that he personally endorses. He immediately recalled that prior to Golden Icons, he had not officially endorsed any magazine in the past three years, as he has declined several major ones, as well as interviews. Enjoy the first of many interviews with Jim Iyke and Golden Icons.

For more information, visit www.goldenicons.com

Golden Icons interview with Jim Iyke

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 65 Comments on “BN Exclusive: Jim Iyke covers Issue 3 of Golden Icons Magazine – speaks candidly on his persona, evolution, family and passion”

Comments
    • joi ajayi December 22, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Jim iyke is on point…dis guy gat swaGger nd he knws it.

• partyrider December 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM

jim u look good..but am seriously tired of these shades INDOORS.

• NaijaGurl December 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Thank you! My point exactly….Jim I luv u & all but sunglasses indoors?especially for interview = major no no

• Chris Uka January 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Only in Nigeria, celebrities get chewed up when they wear Sunglasses during an indoor interview. Some celebrities abroad are allowed to, and it does not bothers’ their viewers and fans. Take some time-out and watch interviews on BET, MTV, or even the popular Larry King’s show (CNN). So I guess there may be a reason why they prevent folks from seeing their natural eyes during interviews.. Not sure why, but it’s kind of a common thing now – so free your spirit and open your mind from the Nigerian cliché.

• nambong December 22, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Jim you are cute. Love you films

• myra December 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM

You are the man Jim.

• nina December 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM

always d man,nothing do u even d haters cnt bring u down.u r way 2 kuuuuul

• Ready December 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Abeg, let’s retire the word hater in 2010. Such a tired and over-used word. He’s a public figure, if we no like am, na so e be…he can’t expect to be loved by everyone. I personally intensely dislike his fake accent and find his acting laughable as do many people including AY.com and those who attended his stand-up show. It is what is boo, not hating.

• MaryLJ December 24, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Where is the “like” button on BN??!

• Neks December 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Seriously, what is up with the accent?? It sounds like American-Ibo. I can’t even hear what he’s saying. The entire interview is absolutely cringe-worthy! I’m ashamed to say I actually listened (couldn’t watch) to the whole thing!

• missy~spectacularrr December 22, 2010 at 10:01 AM

whatev.

• ibb December 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM

all join!!!

• look@me December 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I think its brave of him to do this interview, and the lengths he took to make his mom happy is a very good thing, and for the fact that he has someone (his mom) he totally honours and obeys is something i think is commendable in a man. Ndewo Jym!You are my top 3 male actors in Nollywood, for sure.

• valentyne blacksmith December 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM

on point…thanx to the stylist… no biffs no triffs,pls do stop the music….

• French Paris aaliyah December 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM

my mama is doesnt like this guy. is he brutal?but its like he likes crying

• Peperempe December 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM

The number 1 “Amerigbo” exponent is back! A “celeb” endorsing a magazine….where else in the world does that happen?

He looks respectable in the “bow-tie” picture but overall his tackiness is still very much intact ( sunshades to an interview indoors, shiny crude-oil-fabric jacket etc. etc. etc.). I didn’t actually watch the interview because life is too short.

• THE AMAKA December 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM

hahahahahahaha @ life is too short.
        ouch!

something about this Jim guy annoys me, sef.

• KOKOlet December 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM

PePEreMPE!!! How many times did i call u!…Hilarious as usual!even tho u always say d truth…its so funny d way u say it! lwkmd

• Ready December 23, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Lol…I wanna be your friend, peperempe. I swear my fingers were hovering over my laptop while my brain was debating whether..rather, how much I would hate myself if I watched it. In the end, I decided it’s the season to be jolly, why torture myself?

• The Bola December 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Honestly I need a friend like you in my life, you are seriously amongst my mind
        Amerigbo & Life is too short ….madd funny

• Foxtrot © December 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Tacky! Cant stand this guy – his acting is horrible and his music is even worse! and now he endorses magazines???? Hiss!

• Temiloluwa Adebayo December 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Jim Jim JIm…I think he has found his jewel. All the best to him

• dee December 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Am i the only that was trying hard to understand what he was saying??
      LMAO @ amerigbo
      I’m not a big fan but he tried sha….all the best Jimmy!!

• dee December 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM

did he say he comes from a “highly challenged family”?? LMAO. Bros, why naa?

• sweetie December 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

for a moment there when i first saw his picture on bella b4 clicking on the article i thought he was releasing another album…whew! baba God i thank you o….he looks good sha

• Derin Abiodun December 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I think with Jim, it is either he’s loved or he is hated, there is no in-between. Overall, the guy is doing great things, and probably richer than most of the haters. hahahahahah

• Ms. Sassy eyes December 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Some times I think they put up stuff of this guy just to make people laugh. Seriously.

• loneky December 22, 2010 at 7:10 PM

What’s der to laugh at Ms sassy eyes. U guys should give this guy a break abeg

• Doll December 22, 2010 at 6:48 PM

he looks good

• lezzy December 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM

This guy is so fake. Fake accent, fake characterization of himself.Go grab some Olu Jacobs and Pete Edochie movies and learn how to speak English.

• kreamy December 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Jim looks good in d bow tie attire. But pleaseeee shades in d studio!!! Smh

• YouNoTry December 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM

This interview is just absurd…Dude is fake i swear..and this accent gotta go…WTH!!!

• NNENNE December 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM

It is disgusting how some of us pull each other down instead of encouraging each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion,yes, but often times I find it hard to understand why we Nigerians do not appreciate our own. Mind you, If Iyke is from another country ,we will all sing praises for him.It is time we all start showing some spirit of patroitism.Our artists might not be the best, but they need encouragement and constructive criticism.It is not what one says,the problem is how it is said.Given the backgroung that our youth come from, a third world country,I personally think, they are trying.Each and every single one of them.I would rather they do what they are doing than steal or kidnapp people!!! Whatever anyone does to earn an honest living is okay by me and I endorse it 100%.Rome was ceratinly not built in a day. Some say, great countries are not made by musicians and designers…True, but great countries are not made by only politicians, doctors, lawers, and engineers either!! That was the problem with Nigerian economy in the past… Everyone went to coollege, came out with trillion degrees, waiting for an air conditioned office and jobs that are no where to be found in Nigerian today.

I say kudos to Jim Iyke and other youths out there, trying so hard to make an honest living in the midst of unemployment.

• shade December 23, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Word!!

• mary007 December 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM

This touched a nerve in me, really we should, well written

• Ojo David December 22, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Jim Iyke remains at d top, and i xpect beta international recorgnition

• Anya December 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM

lezzy

hahahaha! yesooo true story. english is our official language after all.

• Friday December 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM

i understand everything jim is saying and his accent is perfectly fine. i think the problem is nigerians have the tendency of degrading each other. i had nigerian roommate in college and she had nothing good to say about nigeria and nigerians.

• rikky December 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I love Jim Iyke he is so talented and fineeeeeee

• jummie December 23, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Here is the deal,i might not like Jim Iyke personally just because of the junks our press write about him. but Hey!!the press are all the same all over the world. i v learnt not to judge pple based on hear say…….HE IS A COOL GUY.

• kumzy December 23, 2010 at 12:56 AM

never thot Jim iyke could look so good….thumbs up to the stylist

• Jenifa December 23, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Let’s give it to the guy…he is actually talented jst equally annoying.

• @premiumblended December 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Kai, my people una don tire me shaaa! Even the one interviewing has fake accent. A Nigerian interviewing her countryman yet none of them sound Nigerian. This fakeness has to stop abeg.

• doyin A December 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I’m a good friend of “Emma”, the Interviewer.. by the way, the Interview was conducted in the United States. She left Nigeria at a very young age, and has not returned home since, so her accent is fake as a result of attending primary school, high school, and college in America – Dude, get a JOB man, and start making money or something.

• chinaemer December 23, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Jim p/s don’t mind dem, d ar just being jealous of u i love you jim!

• Ready December 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM

• Peperempe December 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Word!

• Ujay December 23, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Igbotic thriller. :)

• REBRANDED December 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM

did any body hear d cmtz he made regradin d “jewel for jim?, about his mom tinkin is jus somway of him gettin attention!! i pity d 24 gurls, MORE SO D winner ,cuz all he’ll b doin wit his mama wud b laughin n gigglin !!! bt seriously dude has got swagger,!!!n i tink i was impressed at d way he answered the questions!!!bien hecho!!!

• misspretty December 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM

d bottom line is that jim iyke is an entertainer, or a brand (apologies to Charlie boy) so u can either hate him or love him as such. Heck, most of us dont even know him & probably will never do. Like they say no publicity is bad publicity so as long as d loving/hating keeps flowing d more his popularity level keep increasing…u savvy?

• chat December 23, 2010 at 4:24 PM

wat bout the ladys accent?

• missdabizness December 24, 2010 at 2:13 AM

I think this is all funny, its so easy to sit behind a computer and talk DOWN, but its the same people that would want to take a pic with jim when they see him.

• ijubreel December 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM

please lose the accent, its really unbecoming.otherwise, i have absolutely no problem with jim.

• papaudo December 26, 2010 at 2:37 PM

na wa..oooo….my ear don full…people must yarn…anyway jim u de try….but abeg no shades in doors…unless ur crib na open roof….lol…get it?

• ESEBELAHIE NELSON December 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I LIKE D GUY MAN,HE’S GOT STYLE,SWAGGER AND HE’S CUTE,IN FACT NA HIM BE FASHION

• babadee December 29, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Ready
      Yes, I am jealous of a man who refuses to accept that his acting is one-dimensional and there’s more to the craft than typecast roles, yelling and looking thugged out while spewing a fake accent. I am jealous of a grown man who’s unashamed to look like a walking poster for foreign brands that will probably never appreciate his patronship but doesn’t have the good sense to get a deal with a wonderful Nigerian designer. I am jealous of a man who refuses to understand that music/rapping is just not for everyone even when a contrived accent is involved and it’s called music for a reason. And finally, your love for him definitely cancels out all his flaws. It’s the entertainment industry, if I’m not entertained, I’ll call the guilty out on any forum I please to, and I get riled up when it’s called “jealousy” or “hating”.

you are the Man . I have got a job for you too.You will help me vent my anger on some talentless folks

• Dolly A December 30, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Get this straight. Nigerians never embrace their Stars as other countries do. One example, P-Square’s Danger Album, which was originally released in Nigerian, and they thought it was the worst album ever, and they later went outside of Nigeria, and the Album was a huge success outside, before Nigerians finally accepted the album. With Jim, it’s almost the same story, other African countries including Ghana, Liberia, Cameroon, Kenya, and so on, get excited about these guys when they see them or attend their premieres. Nevertheless, I do respect your opinion and jealousy, however from the statements, it is clear that you don’t even know Jim, and also it might not be clear to you what “Acting” really means. Sometimes, when Hollywood Actors get on set, depending on their role, those attributes mentioned is not new, whether they are trying to act like an African with a fake accent, or whether they are tugged out, it is all Acting, nothing is real, that is how they get paid. Remain Jealous Baby, while Jim keeps making Money.. hahahahahahahahha

• AnonyNaija December 31, 2010 at 5:29 AM

@Dolly…you sure you are not Jim Iyke?! The last sentence gave you away…sounds like a typical line from one of his/your movies…LMAO!

• Dolly A January 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM

@AnonyNaija: Keep LYAO – If you believe it’s Jim, then I guess you’re a very smart guy. And if I say its’ not, you won’t believe it anyways, so it’s all good.. I’ll say it again to Babadee “Remain Jealous Baby, while Jim keeps making Money.. hahahahahahahahha”

• MissMe January 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM

+ve side he made sense, i think
      -ve side, i didn’t really understand some of what he said,(his words were sllured sometimes) but after watching it the second time (listening) i got it

• Emayo January 7, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Jim iyke is d man

• Mayor January 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Jim is a cool guy.Dnt undastand why nigerians hate their own stuff.I mean everybody knws there’s dis swag attached to fame.So..let him be

• wow January 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM

In plain words—- I love Jim Iyke!
      Quit hating ppll….

• Ayile January 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM

all you are amazing the bulk of you is Nigerian and it’s like lets have Nigerian pull down Nigerian Day! I’m African and i say for his roles guy rocks.He good at being himself and that’s what it’s all about.
      God Loves Africa!!!!!!!!!

• imyselfamhappy January 23, 2011 at 5:29 PM

i personally know the interviewer and the onwer of golden icon and i think they are doing a very good job. Jim absolutely look good and i don’t see anything wrong with his sunglasses, i think is very fashionable, am a Nigerian but live in houston texas and my ascent have definately changed but that does not mean that i can’t be typical with Nigerian english ascent.one love to all!!!!!!!!!!!!