Posted on Monday, February 7th, 2011 at 12:41 PM

By BellaNaija.com

The Future Awards 2011 Actress of the Year - Mercy Johnson is currently filming a new movie in Enugu State, Nigeria. The actress who kicked off the year with a sensational role which required her to shave off all her hair has wrapped filming of that movie and moved on to a new one.
The actress missed the Future Awards ceremony because she was on location; now she has shared some shots from her latest movie set with her fans.
Mercy will be heading off to Liberia in a few days for a Valentine’s Day event.
Check out the photos below.

BN Bytes
Little nuggets of news specially whipped up by the BellaNaija Team.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 51 Comments on “BN Bytes: From A Pregnant Princess to a Damsel on Horseback – Mercy Johnson transforms on Set in Enugu”

Comments
    • noblezob February 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Now she is upping her game. Good luck Mercy!

• Maame February 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM

What did you see on her that you say she is “upping he Game”? are you serious – I guess i can imagine you are in the razz bunch. I truly wish Omawunmi will lend Mercy her stylist cos Mercy as much as i love her as an actress she struggles in the fashion department and what I love about her is she knows and accepts she cannot dress due to her upbringing of not having much and everyone making fun of her for wearing same clothes every day as child – By Gods grace she has been blessed now but she seems to still struggle making style work on her. ITs like you can take them out hte ghetto but never the ghetto out of them (Ini, Tontoh, Uche J, Rukky, Susan P etc etc ) vs (Genny, Rita, Kate, Stella, OmoT etc etc) – shebi you understand my comparison sha. Many of these girls from razz backgrounds make the dress wear them instead of wearing the dress. A typical example is Beyonce or Halle versus rappers Lil Kim or Foxy Brown or Trina can be give a million dollars each to go shopping and get styled up -but i guarantee you each of them will look different – Beyonce and Halle will look classy (even having spent just $500,000) yet Lil Kim, Trina and Foxy Brown can spend $10,000.000 and still look ghetto no matter how hard they try. But you know something i have hope for Mercy -someday – things will change. I never thought Mary J Blige will get class but with time – she did and slowly but surely Keyshia Cole is trying so damn hard and hopefully they ghettoness will wear off a tad bit. So in summary of my point – lets pray for Mercy sha – all that banging body going to waste bathing in “razzistic” dressing.

• Q February 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I know mercy johnson isn’t good in d style department but she’s a beautiful n developing actress, have u stopped to think dat she doesnt care what u think…n u had to go thru all dis gist to make a senseless point…pls go n hug a transformer!!!!!

• Tee February 9, 2011 at 2:57 AM

@maame boy ur own comment come long pass original article – ghetto police lol pls … At least she doing her … Making an effort to succeed nothing wrong with that – everyone hit and miss in the fashion Dept #sit-down

• na-Trure February 9, 2011 at 5:58 AM

lol!

• Obi February 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM

And who says all these so called classy ladies came from rich/ well to do backgrounds? Style is not in any way dependent on money. If your point is that she hasnt got dressense then make that your point instead of dissing someone with some talent all because of common clothes. Mschew.

• **side eye** February 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL……..geeeeeeez! What about her accomplishments? What about the success story that she is? It is the public’s fantasy to have actors as fashion icons. They really don’t have to be. It is public attention that propels them that way and some to an early grave for the pressure!!!! **Lil Kim and the others mentioned should be grouped into singers and actors and I hope you have a moment of eureka! Musicians sell themselves by adopting persona’s. I hope I have enlightened you. Dont get mad just learn.

• Jojolo June 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

True talk Maame. You got it all correct on these babes

• http://www.thisladyrocks.blogspot.com February 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Your comparison si so on POINT! LOL!

• Saddeyya February 7, 2011 at 1:35 PM

i like…..

• HRS Olubusola February 7, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Great Actress! Always blends into her characters! Kudos!

• mariaah February 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

The second picture is hot!! Goodluck to you Mercy, success is yours..

• ochella February 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM

YAY! I like the fact that mercy johnson is potryayed in positive light these days. Good luck to her.

• ochella February 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM

ok… dont like the overly purple photo sha!

• Ifeanyi February 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I am sincerely happy for her. Though she is not my friend, but with her story; I have come to understand that it is not good and in good taste to pick on someone for no just reason…

• Akan February 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    • Lamide A. February 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Good for her!
      Now, if only Nollywood would figure out that whole “placement of fake baby in womb” situation….:lol:

• Nneka February 7, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Haha…you are on point my friend.

• NIRA February 11, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My thoughts exactly!!

• notaplayahater February 7, 2011 at 3:50 PM

2011 really is a new good year. ur looking hawt girl! pls keep it up,(no go fall my hand later like ini edo and her bed-sheet jumpsuits o!)

• CC February 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Mercy Johnson is a good dramatic actress, she is one of the few who can really study and deliver a character no matter how shallow the character is. I don’t care for her personal style and I don’t understand why she can’t find a bra with great support, but if she likes it, I love it

• sharon February 7, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I love dis chic, she is crazy, loving and a wonderful lady, Mercy dis year is ur yr to out shine all in Nollywood, gal go grap it and don’t fall my hand lyk Tonto dike did.

• kenora February 7, 2011 at 5:43 PM

my girl mercy u are too much,i luv ur acting so much keep it up my dear..

• French Niara February 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM

not good enough work harder

• C. Green February 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Bellanaija are you kidding me? What kind of stupid content is this? You better not go down Encomium road

• kevwe bob February 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Mercy is a real girl with a real characters, I love u! kudos

• Miss Face February 7, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Love, love, love mercy johnson. she definitely takes her job seriously and i am truly happy that she is growing from grace to grace. Goodluck

• mary007 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 AM

I used to wonder why I never saw any articles on Mercy on BN, she might not be the classiest girl but she is a very good actress, she takes her act seriously and you cant take that away from her. Keep it BN and not showing some people we havent seen in any movies calling themselves actors

• dee February 8, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Mercy is a fantastic actress!

• dee February 8, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Buh I think she shld either fire her stylist or hire one

• tana February 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM

na wowoh movie them go still shoot for there o..mshew..sick of nollywood, i like genevieve thou ;)

• Mamush February 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM

She better not get in a fight – cos the first place anyone will aim for is to yank off the fake horse hair.

• Temiloluwa Adebayo February 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM

that pregnancy…i don’t have werds, lol

• bb February 9, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Maame

U dey vex ooo chai!!!!

• EdaraBecks February 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

hehe…the comments here are just making me laugh. Though i totally agree with maame…..there is nurrin i hate more than a gal with a great body with little or no dress sense….mercy u r a good actress,just get a stylist already! Aaarrrgggh

• Oma February 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Keep up the good work mercy. As for your style,i know you will improve with the right stylist.http://lifethroughomaseyes.blogspot.com

• asia mei-li February 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM

oh mercy, i admire you no matter what anyone says or think, keep doing your thing joh, good luck babes

• THE AMAKA February 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM

the purple outfit is blinding! who is saying she looks good? abeg, stop lying to yourself. this is 2011 and Nollywood is still struggling. that pregnancy looks so fake, OMG, na wa!
      I LOVE MERCY AS AN ACTRESS BUT SHE STILL HAS A LONG WAY TO GO IN THE STYLE DEPARTMENT.

btw: we needed to know she is going to Liberia, because? lol

• IsaidIt February 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM

YOU CANT BUY CLASS

• Lara February 11, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I think people are forgeting the fact that the movies have stylist and she wear whatever she is given to wear, blame the movie stylist, not her

• THE AMAKA February 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM

even when you see her at red carpets, 9/10 she looks a complete mess!

• Jatropha February 13, 2011 at 6:38 AM

She’s nearing perfection.Let all the beefers hang themselves.

• nayada February 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Mercy J u are gud GO high n high………

• ijubreel February 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM

seriously wat was that for? too much talk makes no sense.if you don’t like d way she dresses then you can go suck on an egg. mschwwww

• Tiana April 27, 2012 at 4:44 AM

VOILA!!! EXACTLY RIGHT WORDS. VERY WELL SAID

• TrueCelebHater February 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Q,r u out of ur – mind?Using Mercy n Beautiful in d same sentence?Hv u seen hr pix wit hr hair shaved?No?I tot so.

• Tiana April 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM

abeg ur own na jealousy. she is doing her so go n do u. u people and degrading others w/ no shame. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder they say n i bet u self go look like monkey to someone while u dey look like miss world to another it goes both ways so u don’t have to come out so harshly not good. comment article u r here talking about beauty. na MBGN she dey run for?

• Tula March 8, 2011 at 1:34 AM

this is wat im talking abt. a real actress a real award. this means u r a real actress cos not
      all actress will want shave their because of a role dat she been given

• Ruth September 19, 2011 at 2:27 AM

mercy johnson is gud at ha job. Dats all dat matters

• onyekalito October 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM

facebook

• Tiana April 27, 2012 at 4:43 AM

BUT WAIT OOOH WETTIN BE UR OWN “MAAME”? UR OWN REPLY SELF DON PASS DA ARTICLE NOW. IT IS AS THOUGH U WERE WAITING ON THIS ARTICLE TO ATTACK DA LADY. I AM SITTING HERE AND WONDERING WHY SOME OF U CARE ABOUT HER WHETHER SHE HAS SENSE OF FASHION OR NOT. SOMEONE ALWAYS DOES SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE OTHER THEREFORE SOME MAY BE BETTER IN FASHION AND STYLE WHILE SHE IS BETTER IN ACHIEVING HER GOALS. AND ALSO WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TASTE WHEN IT COMES TO STYLE SO EVERYBODY LET IT REST COZ THIS ARTICLE WAS ACTUALLY TO GIVE HER A THUMB UP FOR HER WORKS NOT HER STYLE