In February 2011, 2Face Idibia was interviewed by Lola Ogunnaike for BET International’s special interview series – “Welcome to America“.
The interview aired last night and one of our favourite blogs, That1960Chick has uploaded the video! Check on it.

Video Credit: That1960Chick – http://that1960chick.com/

42 Comments on Watch 2Face Idibia’s BET International “Welcome to America” Interview with Lola Ogunnaike
  • Domina April 28, 2011 at 11:42 am

First!

• Tiki April 28, 2011 at 11:45 am

*round of applause*

• Salima April 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm

scale, howecer; I am wondering why artist are not asking for the interview questions ahead of time to better prepare a short and precise answer……either way 2face is talented artist

• dewowo April 28, 2011 at 11:43 am

elective 1st!
    just love 2baba

• mimi April 28, 2011 at 12:57 pm

there is really something about Jos with Music/Art… makes sense why the devil is trying to destroy that place.

• THE AMAKA April 28, 2011 at 12:59 pm

will come back to watch later….too long

• kris Iwoh April 28, 2011 at 1:38 pm

2 is my man 4 life

• simdamsel April 28, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Its was exclusive,people said 2baba can’t speak good english but he actually speak fluently. kudos 2baba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moi April 28, 2011 at 2:35 pm

he just got better, good to see him working on it…But 2baba is humble and it always shocks me every-time I encounter hiz.

• Still-Killing-Em (Ms Beautiful) April 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm

He is the TUPAC of Africa – no one does it better – he always has a story to tell in his music. My favourite to date is OCHO even though i dont understand the language – I still love that song. I memorised and sing it word for word but i dont understand it.

• 2face’s dedicated fan May 3, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Please I definitely agree with you. Ocho is his best song till date. It is the Idoma language. He is from Oturkpo in Benue State. the English language is our 2nd language. Pidgin English is our official language. So, if you ask me, I don’t think 2face is in the wrong. But some pple (some Nigerians) would want to have the british and or merican accent before it is accepted that they can and could speak the english language.. :)

It never ceases to amaze me????

• Still-Killing-Em (Ms Beautiful) April 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm

if he doesnt speak good english – its ok – english is not our mother tongue – George Bush cant speak French or SPanish – so whats your point

• Babydee April 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm

English is our National Language and has been for decades! It would be nice if people could speak and write decently in their National Language. After all if you went to primary & Secondary school in Nigeria your teachers spoke and taught you in English so how the heck do you spend at least 12 years been taught and spoken to in English and still can’t comport a coherent sentence? Not cool at all…………………just saying!

• DG April 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm

FYI, the quality of primary and secondary education in this country is not great unless you have (as you seem to have had – you are more blessed than you obviously realise) the opportunity to attend a good school. In the vast majority of schools, the teachers themselves cannot speak good English.

• Elpee April 28, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Have you heard the English teachers in Nigeria speak these days? Such a hot mess! I get grossed out when I hear children of these days speak! Both rich and poor, there’s this certain accent that never was before!

• Disbabe April 28, 2011 at 3:19 pm

i love it ..Fab he was very original and stayed true to himself

• Ngozi April 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm

yup reppin moscow here, pls come again….good job tubaba!

• Tee April 28, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I have fallen in love with 2face all over again! He is a natural!

• jezz April 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm

There are only two artistes in Nigeria, Tuface, and Tuface!!!

• Ready April 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Lol…I love his answer to “Are you a romantic?” Because my guy, if romance = littering the world with babies & their mamas, then romance is dead. Love the interview.

• Ready April 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I must also add that while piracy is a problem in Nigeria, I thought it was a tad overemphasized by Lola, and there was no mention of the decline of piracy in the sector. Tuface knows that there’s been progress–maybe not with the pirates but at least with the Nigerian people. Im sef sabi say if it was 5 years ago when he decided to sell his CDs at his high fixed price, nobody go send. People actually bought millions of his & Tuface’s CDs at world prices. If CDs weren’t making ‘em decent money, they wouldn’t put so much effort into their artwork & promoting CDs. Give us some credit at least.

• DG April 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Very nice… as always, he keeps it real and is true to himself… that’s what makes his music so great…

• bash April 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Why the sun glass????????????????

• sheena April 29, 2011 at 2:52 am

HE SPOKE OK ENGLISH..THERE WAS NO SHOOTING…HE WAS QUITE ARTICULATE I MUST SAY..

• jennietobbie April 29, 2011 at 5:17 am

I just fell in love with Tuface again….this interview won me over. Move over bad romance…lol

Nice one TuBaba

• ihy April 29, 2011 at 8:49 am

Nice one TuBaba……oh please get off his back, his english was ok.

• awe April 29, 2011 at 10:20 am

i love 2baba anytime anyday…in fact we go way dack u knw…he jst stepped out secs ago…lool.if he likes he sud speak kinchochum(any language)…i will nod and smile…as in serzly who cares about his english?…ok i care, bt rite now it doznt count

• tunde April 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

big up the legend…u re mouthed nothing dey happen…

• Dee Gurl April 29, 2011 at 3:40 pm

2face is my man any day, any time…..thumbs up, sweetie.

• beezy April 29, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I fell off my seat when Tuface said “They beat the hell out of me….. They beat shege out of me..Allah”……….. He’s soo funny….
    And the english issue, u people na wa ooo….He spoke normal nigerian english and sounded quite well put…. Asides the “you know” he kept saying, it was ok……

As for this Lola girl asking Tuface if Benue is in jos?……. *no comments*

• indomie April 29, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Man, i MUST attend a 2face concert before I die o, maybe this summer when i enter 9j!!!

• Ajayi gbenga godwin April 30, 2011 at 9:42 am

Ppl dnt seems 2 kno y 2baba has been so successful in his entire life i mean 2face as neva fake anytin consernin his life,muzic,dress even his interview. He is so humble n easy goin dt evrybodi luv 2 associate wit him,i ‘ve read a couple of celebrities interview in wsh evry1 of dem gav him(2baba)a bale of africa muzic even d 1 who dnt choose him as his/her role model arknowledge him as uncomparable…. apart 4rm his muzic 2face character is wt cherish nd emmulatin,he has been kipin it real since 14yrs ago n he shal continue doin so erespectiv of wt ppl tink or say abt him. His level don pure te….te

• tunde April 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm

God bless 2baba

• NNENNE April 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm

NICE.

• Ginika May 5, 2011 at 12:22 pm

@ Ajayi’s comment :S

• edache May 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm

this brother from another mothe too much. Nigeria is proud of u

• edache May 7, 2011 at 12:38 pm

this my brother from another mother too much. Nigeria is proud of u

• chemi May 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

i dot get why artiste go on shows and wear sunglasses, the only exception been if you are been interviewed outside duh SUN GLASSES

• Femi Ajibade March 24, 2012 at 11:38 am

I must have been in d cave not 2have seen dis all dis while..Tubaba u b ma rep 4life..u have surely impressed..me belive Face’s Originality track is about u..cos u are original.big ups

• Amanda Offiong May 22, 2012 at 9:34 am

This page looks great

• Amadi Fidelix June 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm

So mch love 2face. He is my world best artist. He music is toching nd wit meaning alwayz. Carry on, d world loves u