Posted on Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 at 1:50 PM

By BellaNaija.com

In their long standing pursuit to deliver innovative products to mothers with babies aged 0-24months old, Procter & Gamble unveiled the ‘best Pampers ever’ at a launch event in partnership with Nigerian fashion label Jewel by Lisa. Pampers Premium Care provides unbeatable fit because of its super stretchy sides which stretches and expands as the baby’s tummy expands. Pampers Premium Care is the only diaper that stretches up to 8cm!

Known for innovation and superior quality for more than 50 years, Pampers has relentlessly led the development of the disposable diaper sector with its introduction of absorbent gelling material, elastic leg gathers, tabs that could be refastened and a soft liner.

Partnering with one Nigeria’s premier fashion designers – Lisa Folawiyo of the Jewel by Lisa label, based on shared ideals of innovation and premium quality between Pampers and the Jewel by Lisa (JBL) brand, Pampers launched its Pampers Premium Care diaper at the Clear Essence California Spa in Ikoyi, Lagos.

The launch brought out leading women across various industries that identify with the Pampers brand. The event featured a fashion show by JBL which showcased the designer’s stylish new collection of premium baby wear. The fashion show was followed by the product unveiling as Lisa Folawiyo joined Procter & Gamble’s Associate Marketing Director, Jaweira Ali on the stage and revealed the innovative, premium diaper. In her comments before the unveiling, the designer noted that she raised all her children on Pampers diapers.

Ali noted that “Imported Pampers Premium Care provides unbeatable fit for best dryness,” and that “…most expansion occurs on the side of the baby’s waist during movement and tummy expansion.
Following the unveiling, guests were entertained by top musicians Bez and Sax T while dining on sumptuous food for which the upscale venue is renowned. The atmosphere provided a classy, relaxed atmosphere for the guests to interact with the Pampers and Jewel by Lisa teams respectively

Jaweira Ali, Patricia Obozuwa, Lisa Folawiyo, Cletus Onyebuoha & Titilola Adetunji

Procter & Gamble’s Pampers Brand Manager, Cletus Onyebuoha added that “Pampers Premium Care is uniquely shaped to adapt to baby’s movement for a more comfortable fit so that they can happily explore their world,” and that “…with all these qualities, the newly introduced Pampers Premium Care sets the gold standard of diaper performance in Nigeria.
Developed and imported out of Europe, ‘Pampers Premium Care,’ is the Best Pampers ever and is the ultimate proof of superior quality for babies.

Red Carpet & Guests

Sade Olagbaye

The Event

Sponsored Content

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 49 Comments on “Jewel by Lisa endorses Pampers Premium Care – Photos from the Launch Soiree & Mini Fashion Showcase”

Comments
    • Deiz June 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM

First??????????
      Anyways, I love most of the outfits, especially Anu Amusan’s jacket, really cool.
      Just wondering, what has Jewel by Lisa got to do with pampers!? Ruff n Tumble with Pampers would have been a better combination.

• Tiki June 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Not that anybody told me or anything, but this endorsement feels like something along the lines of ‘Stylish Moms (this is wear JBL comes in) use Pampers’! Kinda like wearing JBL is class, using Pampers is class too! hope dat helps, lol.
        ps. I don’t work for Pampers.

• Bee June 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM

YaY!! FIRST

• Tola June 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM

1st or am wishing lol… every1 looks nice n matured.

• lola June 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Yes dear, you are just wishing

• awe June 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

meeeee first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• iBreatheFreedom June 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Some of these ladies look well put together — nice! But BN why is that at most events you take pictures of just women. I know men’s style may not have too much variety but still! At least more than one or two pictures of brothers now biko. I get bored when I look at all these posts with just women and their monotonous hairstyles, handbags, clothes, makeup and shoes!

• BellaNaija.com June 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for your feedback and we will definitely note it for future posts! This was an event for Pampers with a children’s fashion show, therefore it was predominantly female.

• Anon June 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Lovely photos :)

• Tama June 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

NICE PICTURES
      they all look FAB!
      sure JBL is coming out wit kiddies clothing soon

• Femi June 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

The PAMPERS PREMIUM CARE LAUNCH WITH JBL was really fantastic and chic!
      It was planned and coordinated by Zapphaire Events, those guys are good!
      Kudos

• Gorgeou June 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Nigerians do launch and party for everything. Is this truly necessary when endorsing pampers. Oh spare us already abeg. @ Bella naija folks make sure you publish this comment, cos una nor too dey like truth.

• My Name is Bond - Jemma Bond June 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I agree. Why launch when you can simply advertise?

• lola2 June 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM

My thoughts too! was wonder, was this all really necessary. The outfits and all. Looks like people just look for a reason to dress up and go out in Lagos. Great way to unwind I guess, but some people were dressed like it was a wedding!

• The MaDame June 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I won’t even “yay” cos I know I’m not first….:-)
      Anywho, love me some P&G products! The Kids look adorable and the guests look fab. Heart Moji, Teni, Dolapo, and Funke’s dresses – very chic and simple! Some ladies look like they are “dressed for the club” – biko, learn from the other simple but chic sistas! I appreciate the creativity that was used in creating Ugonna’s outfit, but the spiky shoulder thingy scares me a bit…

• Susan M June 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM

See all the yummy mummies looking fine.

• Ginika June 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

One level up…

• THE AMAKA June 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Funke Fowler = GORGEOUS
      Nafisa Ibrahim = HOT HOT

the kids are sooooo cute! :-*

Jasmine Tukur looks as if she wearing my shower curtain or something.

btw, i can’t believe all these people have sub-par makeup and look washed out, i know its the photography. please step it up. :-/

• THE AMAKA June 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

i love her outfit. i can already imagine it on my figure! lol

and at all the people claiming to be first that aren’t, BOOOOOO TRY NEXT TIME!

• Peperempe June 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM

What is happening here? All this painting and gadging for a diaper launch? It just doesn’t make any sense. One would expect a red carpet free daytime event with an easy-chic dress code but my Naija peeps have turned it into the Oscars!

• Ba Ni kidi June 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM

@ Peperempe, wow! I didn’t know that’s how you’d attend the Oscars?! You’re too much oh! *side eye, real eyeing then long hiss*
        Everybody likes to assume that they know the reasons for everyone else’s outfits. Calm down! Please point out who’s too much in this event? Nigerian women just have their hair and makeup done at all times. it’s not a big deal! Or is it designer bags and shoes? What is the problem here for beans’ sake, biko?!
        I wonder why people just can’t accept the Nigerian culture for what it is. Or is it until they wear jeans, tees and toms like the West, then everyone will be happy? Or show up makeup-less then insults will double? I just don’t get it!

Shout out to Lisa Folawiyo, Funke Fowler and Lilian Unachukwu. You ladies be killin’ em. For real.

• Peperempe June 29, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I’m sorry but I never asked anyone to come out in jeans and tees: look at Funke Fowler for example, that is d definition of easy chic! Some people did get it right. I understand dat looking good is part of Naija culture, but there is more than 1 way to look good.I just think that there is definitely a case of “I- beta -pass- my-neighbour” insecurity going around in Lagos where everyone feels they’re in competition with everybody else hence the propensity to “over-gadge” and overcompensate all d time.

For everything there is a time and place: I do not think that a diaper launch, which is a dodgy concept to begin with, is the right place for all this Sasha-fierceness!

• Mememe June 29, 2011 at 7:47 AM

As in..I had to go and read the write-up again to understand if it was more than a diaper launch. Also, is the diaper newly created for the Nigerian market alone? Why the oyinbo mother and child on the pack if so..
        Everyone looks nice but stil don’t gerrit.

• Lizzy June 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM

you talk true my sister…the thing tired me sef

• nephetiti June 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

eko for showww. lagosian are a fabulous bunch! luv it!

• nephetiti June 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

eko for show, lagosians are a faboulous bunch. luv it!!!!!

• Aibee June 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM

All this ‘glamming up’ for the launch of diapers?! Abeg now, my kwantiri people! I thought it included a children’s fashion show. I only see a couple of pictures with children in it, with about 3 pictures showing the same kids modelling the same outfits. Even when it’s about children, our fashionistas can’t resist the spotlight.
      BellaNaija, abegi no moderate my comment into oblivion o!

• Cece June 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Hey guys, stop whining. Im sure you enjoyed looking at the nice outfits. I think a lot of them indeed looked well put together.

• New bride June 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Besides the fact that many of the women in attendance don’t have children, the ones who do will not be caught dead buying made in Nigeria pampers for their children!

Nice event, but wrong target audience, no offence to JBL or P&G, but the women who buy Nigerian pampers for their kids can’t afford JBL talk less of going to Clear Essence. Just telling it like it is!

• lala June 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Pampers Premium Care is the imported Pampers targeted at high to mid net worth mums – basically the type of woman that will appreciate JBL + The women that are not mums now are future mums by God’s grace

• New bride June 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Saw it at Park N Shop yesterday and it’s made in Nigeria!

• ikoyimama July 8, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I could not agree more. Very odd guest list. Also very odd pairing something very local with something as quality and pricey as JBL. And you are spot on that the ladies at this event would never put their little darling’s bottoms in locally made nappies. Most of the guests are the recently married crew who don’t even have babies but when they do, rest assured they’ll be stocking up in Sainsburys like the rest of them.
        No hating re the outfits though. Ladies looking great, I do love how people make the best of themselves in Lagos. So many of them are “nice from far” but “far from nice” ie they are quite average looking but spend time and money on looking great and improving themselves.
        IMHO Funke Fowler looking way too skinny. Nothing to grab on to there!! I just want to feed her ;-)

• Fab junkies June 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Ugonna O, ur top is hawt.

• konie June 29, 2011 at 1:04 AM

nice to see some people doing without the long dreadful wigs/weaves been the rage that .Too many pictures…could go through……..

• Theresa June 29, 2011 at 3:36 AM

JbL should just concentrate on women fashion and not bother with kids clothes. The style & materials do not look nice on the lil` girls. She could have mixed ankara with plain materials, probably used some ribbons or lace trimmings, more pleated/full skirts,etc

• Dee-USA June 29, 2011 at 3:38 AM

I see my girl IJ Agbo. Love those shoes babe. Like Oyinda’s outfit and Teni Majekodunmi’s as well. Seen Lilian Unachukwu’s dress in blue somewhere. Not bad, but wrong purse in my opinion. Many of the dresses were nice and I was inspired by some ankaras. We are jonzing here. I need to move back.

• mary007 June 29, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Lots of nice and well dressed people but very bad photography showing their makeup in terrible lighting

• Tiki June 29, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Goodness, hater be hating regardless. If em ladies showed up in jeans and spit marked tees, or sweatsuits, I bet y’all woulda been satisfied abi? Please let those who have beautiful clothes wear them, ojare! Them ladies looked fly like there’s no tomorrow..at least for the most part!
      ps. Picture 554…either the lady in blue is extra tall, or the lady in the background is extra short…o_o

• cheap designer handbags June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

nice collections of mummies..great post on daily use items

• miss p June 29, 2011 at 9:49 AM

God bless you o jare @peperempe exactly what i had in mind see all the shorts,and makeup just for a baby diaper launch,smh for some naija women sha

• HouseofmaliQ.blogspot.com June 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM

i love her designs

• Eazy June 30, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I think Bella’s pics did more justice to the event. You should have watched it on telly. The memory of the event still leaves a sore feeling.
      The event in my opinion was poorly organized, did not look like what a world class company like P&G could come up with, clearly had the wrong crowd in attendance, and the children for all anyone can say was not the focus of the event.
      P&G should go back to the drawing board and come up a more suitable product launch for mothers. Do they have a PR department?
      The product is really good. I have used it for my daughter. I am upper middle class by naija standards. I cannot afford JBL and do not intend to look in their direction for children clothes. All apologies!
      For the record, the product is made in Turkey and marketed by the Ibadan guys. So bust the proudly naija story!

• Wiklo July 2, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Funke Fowler, Hot Damn!!!!!!

• igbofille July 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Nafisa Ibrahim, my miss platoon six. Still looking hot. Are you on facebook?

• Allegra July 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I thought the occasion was to promote pampers…………am I missing something as it show-cased more adults than the children. I would have thought such an even would have more children demonstrating the versatility of the brand as opposed to grown women parading in their sunday best. Only in 9ja

• Emma B July 8, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Can’t comment on the event, but fyi JBL kids line officially rocks. Beautifully made and seriously cute.

• :) August 3, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Lol. I always wonder if companies in Nigeria actually care to sell to the people that actually apend their hard earned money on the products they sell. This events makes no sense regardless of what anyone says. What’s with all the exclusivity and no children. Procter & Gamble, you are an international company, step your game up and stop with all the tomfoolery! Leave that for the smaller brands and the Lagos girls that put up businesses as a front to prentend they are busy and work. BN post the truth please…

• :) August 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Ladies looked nice, can’t hate on the Naija fashion sense, but really save yourself a $100 and the tell Mr. Mukaila the tailor to sew those kids clothes for you for a max of N1500.

• deee August 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM

awwwwwww those 2 kids are son cute :)