Posted on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 at 9:59 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Nollywood is doing great things! We admire the diversity of films that have been released over the past 18 months. “Two Brides And A Baby” is a new movie produced and written by Blessing Effiom Egbe.

The movie is described as a “romantic comedy drama” – based on the trailer, it is plot definitely features a twisted love story.
Here is the official synopsis of the movie.

For Keche and Bankole, this was a chance to showcase what they thought was a perfect union. They planned for a beautiful wedding and hoped for a blissful life thereafter.
…until the unexpected happened
Now they must together fight for what they believe in or forever lose their hope of a happy life together.

The cast features a mix of established and up-and-coming actors including Stella Damasus, Kalu Ikeagwu, Keira Hewatch, OC Ukeje, Blessing Effiom, Chelsea Eze and Okey Uzoeshi. “Two Brides And A Baby” is directed by Teco Benson and is scheduled to hit cinemas in October 2011.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 65 Comments on “A Fight Down the Aisle? Stella Damasus, OC Ukeje, Kalu Ikeagwu & Keira Hewatch star in “Two Brides And A Baby””

Comments
    • q August 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Looks Promising!!!

• Bibi August 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM

yayyyyy soo excited the trailer is finally out

• love-me-jeje August 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM

this rely makes sense. survival of the fittest!

• Yetunde August 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Yes!! Nollywood are stepping up their game :)

• Lamide August 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Looks good :)
      Plus, OC is in it, and he’s yummy. And talented, too, of course :lol:

• fokasibe August 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM

The baby is finnnnnnnnnnnnneeeee!!!

• HRS OLUBUSOLA August 10, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Will love to watch……

• Teris August 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM

so un-inspired.

• Rick August 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Hmmmmmmm…thank God OC is acting again….in a well packaged movie…Also i like the fact that there are new faces. I remember her from Silent Scandals. That girl is pretty….I like the mood of the movie…its ver Summer-ish…wonder why its coming out in October

• Luvlyn August 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM

2 brides and a baby!!!! But I c 4 brides!!!!

• Kai!!! August 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM

The bride in this movie has an uncanny resemblance to Mercy Johnson o!

• Matilda Jatta August 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM

will love to watch it how far we are waiting

• Nnie August 10, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Seems a new era is dawning in nollywood.its so nice

• Me August 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Because most of their movies are now seen only at the cinemas, so they are now having a proper market structure other than those piracy ppl who eat them dry leaving them with little or no capital with whioch to produce another movie……thats how it goes :-)

• Sassy August 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM

“Nollywood is doing great things! We admire the diversity of films that have been released over the past 18 months. “Two Brides And A Baby”- If by great things you mean shoddily poaching on international movies plot, theme and title – yes they are! Actually they have been doing that from day one of Nollywood *smh*

• naomi August 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM

So juju, witch craft , wicked step-mothers and occultism you see it in hollywood.Please if have nothing good to say i suggest you shut up and not watch this movies no bi by force.Nollywood is doing great things they are showing the world our story God bless them!.

• daisy August 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM

@ kai I thot I was d onli one dt noticed d mercy johnson look alike. Well d end justifies d means I will giv an opinion afta I see d movie n it beta be good bt it sure looks promising.

• cee August 10, 2011 at 1:17 PM

beautiful so far, patiently waiting ….

• love August 10, 2011 at 1:22 PM

plz how will we Londoners get to see all dis movies now? chai dis is not fair o

• http://diaryofsnw.blogspot.com/ August 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Very Nice. Abeg, how can we see these movies in the US?

• http://dakkylove.blogspot.com/ August 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Nollywood is stepping up i see

• Tunmi August 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Typo in the description:
      For Keche and Bankole, this was a chance to showcase what they taught (THOUGHT) was a perfect union.

@Sassy, “poaching plots” is not a new concept in film. Shakespeare has been “poached” so many times, the damsel in distress, prince charming and evil stepmother has been “poached” as well. Hopefully, this film can put a Naija spin on it.

• Tiki August 10, 2011 at 4:25 PM

and two lines later, another typo ‘loose’ which I guess should have read ‘lose’…
        BN publish my comment o!
        Going to check out the trailer…:D

• Chioma August 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

My man kalu is in ! so it’s gonna be a fine movie ! Go nollywood!

• winnexk August 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM

i luk up 2 dis movie cos only d preview is da bomb talk more on d main movie….gud 1

• Ogg August 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Looks good, I’ll get the DVD wen it comes out.. Oh and isn’t that the guy from that boyband? Can’t remember their name but the’re really good. They sang that song ‘tear-rubber’.

• konnie August 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM

interesting………a lot of improvement in cinematography, acting…etc

good luck

• Gidi'More Girl August 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM

It’s great to see Nollywood stepping up to the cinemas…wish I could go see it :( Love u, kalu, and Stella acting alongside OC shows how hot she still is :)

• Mary007 August 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Blessing, you go girl

• NNENNE August 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I see the Nigerian connection in the movie, which is why I watch Nollywood movies. Not one of those copy,copy, movies. Would love to watch this one.
      Please Nollywood, step up your distribution and marketing know how.Pirates are milking you guys dry.

• THE AMAKA August 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Chelsea Eze is gorgeous. and Nollywood is really stepping it up. but they need more theaters in the country other than just Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt. I believe Enugu’s is on its way as well, but if they had more theaters across the country, more folks could be able to watch instead of waiting for a DVD that will never come out. Kudos to Nollywood though.

• THE AMAKA August 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM

my mistake, Uyo does have a cinema or two.

• cathy August 10, 2011 at 5:08 PM

a must watch ooooooooooooooooo

• doll August 10, 2011 at 6:56 PM

the girl on the right looks like Mercy J.

I would like to see the movie

• Bukky August 11, 2011 at 3:23 AM

I actually thought it was Mercy J

• Aibee August 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Seeing as Kalu Ikeagwu, Stella Damasus & O.C. Ukeje are in the same movie, I like already. Good to see Blessing in a movie. It’s been a while.

• c.j August 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM

ahhhh! this looks like d mercy johnson sag o!

• c.j August 11, 2011 at 7:20 AM

*saga*

• eloho August 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Trailer looks good! I look forward to the release!

• Pearl August 10, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Just because Stella is part, i will love to watch this.

• AJCiti August 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Looks like a good one, I used to watch Nollywood films when I was younger with my mom but all the juju in those old movies scared me away. After watching BB babes I started getting into it again. There are some good ones and some not so good ones, lets see how this one plays out.

What I would most like to see is better editting and wardrobe/ overall quality of these films. It doesn’t take expensive hollywood equipment to produce good quality films these days and sometimes I feel Nollywood films are still lacking, just my 2 cents.

• Olivia August 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Blessing Effiom is someone who always delivers….I hope she doesn’t disappoint. Been burnt too many times with horrible Naija movies but I’ll give this a chance. Love the video quality and of course OC Ukeje and Chelsea Eze…eye candies who can actually act without the over-d-top hamming a la Stella Damasus 9don’t get me wrong, she can act but often over does it like she’s on stage or something).

• sam August 10, 2011 at 11:40 PM

OMG! Stella’s back! Can’t wait to see her in this. N its so great that there are new faces here, I trust Blessing! She does quality stuff! Mehn I no go lie, loving d look of this dark skinned chick, gorgeous! But is it just me or does she kind of look like mercy johnson? Trailer is the bomb by d way!Amazing, can’t wait to see!

• Zara August 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I guess this is based on Mercy Johnson’s life and not to mention that bride to be looks awfully like her. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn’t her.

• Lizzy O August 11, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Mercy Johnson’s story just happened a some weeks back, I doubt this movie was made in that short a period.
        The second bride, does however, look a little like Mercy Johnson.

• THE AMAKA August 11, 2011 at 3:28 PM

please, this movie was made months ago, please, mercy johnson is not the only onw living this life, its only that she is in the public eye.

• chicest August 12, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I’m sorry but this trailer isn’t put together well, you can’t properly get a movie storyline out of it plus it makes it look like the movie was shot in once scene with O.C. wearing the same outfit for most of it…they should remove the ‘comedy’ out of the description of the movie cos i don’t get that from the trailer at all..
      Apart from that, looks like a good production.

• chicest August 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM

*one scene

• na me August 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM

not really feeling dis traier……Stella looks too old to be playing such role with OC,Kalu shd hv played dat role or smone more matured…

• Igbo kwenu!! August 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Likewise……not feeling the trailer at all. it seems to me as though the ”disconnect”is right there in your face. overall picture quality rating wud be….a 7.*my opinion

• bibi August 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

@sassy…pls u dont hv a point. are u telling me hollywood doesn’t copy each others stories
      gimme a break

nice one

• Jim August 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Seems a new era is dawning in nollywood.its so nice

• Tom August 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Nice movie~htpp://www.watchshine.com

• Olivia August 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

@ Chicest..I actually like that I can’t make out the full storyline from the trailer of the movie…tired of trailers that give everything away! Also noted your point about O.C wearing the same outfit/ Yep, but the whole movie sequence may have happened in the course of a day or two…If you’re familiar with Blessing Effiom’s movies: The Rivals, Before the vow, After the vow….most of the events in her movies occur within a very short time span and the dialogues are mostly intelligent, crisp and interesting. So I’m really looking forward to this one. I respect your point of view but this is just my 2 kobo, no disrespect meant.

• chicest August 15, 2011 at 8:17 AM

None taken. Thanks for your analysis!

• iTawa August 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM

trailer looks great…can’t wait! Stella D, good to have u back *smile*

• Eerinmide August 15, 2011 at 6:30 AM

luks relli gud!!!nd d brides av d same dress…no bride wants dat*yikes*…we steppn up!!!

• Purpleicious Babe August 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Despite some not so uplifting comments, I applaud the producers of this movie.

U can clearly tell the efforts that has been injected in the making of this movie, including the video quality, sound, fashion, theme, attitude, expressions, locations, colour and the poster or its advertising package. It was well executed.

I PRAY BY HIS GRACE (GOD) that every soon Nollywood location will be created to back up the movie industry. We also see Niajer movies hit the international BOX SET and Cinema’s. If India a developing country such as Niajer can do it, then it takes only matter of time, positive attitude, believe, perseverance and passion for NAIJER TOO.

Thanks BN for showcasing that Niajer is making an effort and the people of our country and staying innovative and competitive… WE ARE REACHING THE LIMITS, SOON WE WILL OVERCOME THE LIMITS AND STARTS RAISING STANDARDS.

• Lola X August 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Yay!!! It’s Okechukwu (O.C.). I’ve definitely gotta see this!!!! Love me a lil O.C.

Lola x, London

• Naveah August 18, 2011 at 4:30 PM

@ Sassy – Hollywood poaches from Europe and Asia all the time even though they might execute it better, there is rarely anything original under the sun as the saying goes. Sha, from the way they over hyped this movie on youtube, I do hope it meets the hype especially since Stella Damasus said that if people were not intelligent, they couldn’t watch it LOL LOL LOL. I really don’t go out of my way to buy or watch Nigerian or Ghanaian movies anymore. I’ve been burnt too many times by sub par plots, sub par acting, less than stellar production quality, horrid editing, lighting and sound. I just can’t spend my money on crap anymore so I either borrow it from a friend or not watch it at all.

• kendra August 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM

hmmmm…. looks fab from where am standing. anybody that has a negative thing to say here is just a hater jor! and is that Okey Uzoeshi? *puts hand on forehead and faints*

• Demmy August 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I’m sure this film will be very interesting! :)

• Dele Oluwole, MBCS August 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM

The elegance and sophistication is great

• private plates February 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM

This surely makes great sense to anyone!!

• Antoni Nowakowski June 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Now you’re not going to believe this when I tell you this white man has been watching a lot of Yoruba movies since he arrived in Lagos five years ago. But I will tell you this the new film ‘Two Brides and a Baby’ is like a refreshing cool drink under a mango tree compared to the agitated, screaming, violent, aggressive story lines on the films I have seen up till now and never a film without some lost, disoriented woman crying her eyes about something or other. Every film has had it….and then the armed robbers shooting innocent people indiscrimately…..oh and I forgot the terrible choice of music, inappropriately delivered on screen, using classical, and not matching any of the acting on the screen. I haven’t finished yet…..when the producer can’t get anyone to bring in an old CD of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata he will play some village song sung by whining village girls repeated over and over again until one’s spirit descends into the abyss. Two Brides and a Baby is quieter, calmer and filmed in an easy way and wait a minute, I have been watching it for over an hour and none of the ladies acting has cried uncontrollably in front of the cameras. Oh for heavens sake let’s have more of this quality which also appeals to members of the Global community like me. This is the sort of film I would take back to the UK and show to my family and friends to show off Nigeria. Future film makers!!!! Stay off dirty unkept streets and show us the sensitive side of the Nigerian character. Give us films which are rich in colour and have good actors and actresses who know how to play their roles without screwing up their faces every five minutes. And, please, don’t give us English subtitles on any of these films unless you have had them checked by native speakers. There are enough of us native speakers to make it read correctly. It’s time we saw these Nigerian films being entered into the Cannes Film Festival. Since we cannot be famous for our oil then let the world be hungry for our films. Hats off to the director and let me know when the next one comes out …….I’m buying it!!!!!