Shave Off Your Hair for Art, Style or Money – Mercy Johnson, Stella Damasus & Adaora Ukoh Did It, Would You?
Posted on Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 at 8:53 AM
The year started with the news that Nigerian actress Mercy Johnson had shaved off her hair for a movie role. The photos were all over the internet as people discussed whether she did it to promote her career or for the financial rewards.
Many Nollywood fans commented that the trend actually began a few years ago when Stella Damasus shaved her hair for a movie titled “The Widow”
Now another actress is in the news for the same reason. Adaora Ukoh recently featured in “Thy Kingdom Come”, a new movie which also stars Sam Dede, Kenneth Okonkwo and Maureen Solomon. The role called for her to shave all her hair and she did!
Now Adaora is boldly rocking her short crop and with the help of wigs, can still “whip her hair” if need be.
Adaora was reportedly paid N2,000,000 for this bold move.
We were listening to the Beat 99.9FM Drive Time Show with Gbemi last night and she asked female listeners if they would shave off all their hair. She also asked that they name their price.
We are asking you the same, would you do this for your art or job?
Tags: Adaora Ukoh, mercy johnson, stella damasus
- From Nollywood to Wigs! Stella Damasus launches ADIVA HAIR at Code 55 in Abuja
- Genevieve Nnaji, OC Ukeje, Funke Akindele & Kalu Ikeagwu Make the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees List | First Photos from the Announcement in Lagos
- The February 2013 Cover is Here! Nollywood Stars Chika Ike & Yul Edochie for House of MaliQ
- Tyler Perry’s “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor” | Watch the Trailer & View the Exclusive New Poster
- BN Red Carpet Fab: 2012 Nollywood Movies Awards | “Tango With Me”, Gabriel Afolayan, Joseph Benjamin, Mercy Johnson & “Aye Dudu” Win Top Awards
- BN Exclusive: Ini Edo, Chidi Mokeme, Uche Jombo, Julius Agwu, Genevieve Nnaji, Omoni Oboli & More at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards Nominees Announcement in Lagos | Photos
- Yvonne Ekwere launches “Vixen Red Carpet” YouTube Channel | Check Out the Debut Ad Campaign
- Stunning x 2! Your First Look at Oluchi Orlandi & Agbani Darego’s Natures Gentle Touch 2013 Ad Campaign
- Bald Caps Just Don’t Suffice! Nollywood Actress Chika Ike Shaves off her Hair for a new Movie Role
- Chemicals, Cosmetics & Cleaning Products! Meridyen International presents its Annual Fair in Lagos from the 29th – 31st of January 2013