BN Red Carpet Fab: Miss Nigeria 2011 Finale

The grand finale of the 2011 Miss Nigeria competition took place at the expo centre of the Eko Hotel and Suites on Friday 18th November 2011.

BN will bring you all the exclusive scoop on the winners and every exciting detail from the event soon.
As expected, the red carpet was buzzing at the event. Fashionistas of all ages were dressed to the nines for this special occasion.

We present BN Red Carpet Fab – The Miss Nigeria 2011 Finale edition

Blush Beauty CEO, Bola Fadina put her best style foot forward in this gorgeous gown! The colours, hair, makeup – 360 degrees gorgeous!

Bola Fadina

Olumide Osoba

At first glance, Eku Edewor‘s cobalt blue maxi dress seemed like a classic choice but when she gave it a whirl, we appreciated the fluidity and drama of the piece! Love the clean styling – a simple gold necklace and swept-back hair.

Eku Edewor

Whirl!

Titi Fowora

Ohimai Atafo

While most of the guests went for conventional glam look, Zainab Ashabudid things a little differently. Her monochrome outfit expressed her unique style. Zainab completed her look with a box clutch from her label, Zashadu.

Zainab Ashadu

Grace Egbagbeshowed that you can be totally glamorous at any age. Her draped chocolate-hued dress was stunning. She accessorized by gold earrings, shoes and an ornate clutch.

Grace Egbagbe

Dimeji Alara

The Vlisco Team

Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi

Bola Balogun

Vanessa Banigo

Dr Tunde Soleye

Loving this look on Latifah Adams. Ladylike fab!

Latifah Adams

More Photos

62 Comments on BN Red Carpet Fab: Miss Nigeria 2011 Finale
  • chi chi November 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm

nice. would have loved to see NiKe Oshinowo, cos she looked divine on T.V.

• Chi November 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

Why are Nigerian photographers so careless? It maddens me to see that in these portrait shots you see other photographers taking pictures or people milling in the background. The photographer should zoom in on the subject or ask the other people to move! Do you see this kind of substandard nonsense in Hollywood pics? Does the red carpet look tatty? Please, our photographers, step up in the delivery of your work

• christy obase November 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I’m d first hmmm. can’t say much yet. But can not ignore d one of Datta Amachree, a lil too exposing

• winch November 21, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Lovely! Grace egbagbe rocked,data amachree rocked,but wish she had lost the bra straps,still her dress was lovely.

• deedee November 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Where is Nike Oshinowo?!

• Stella November 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Grace Egbagbe and Elohor Aisien! If i grow up i want to be like you.

• Stella November 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm

My thoughts exactly, but not if, when ;-)

• Ndidi November 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm

This -“Grace Egbagbe showed that you can be totally glamorous at any age”- was a totally unnecessary observation. You raised the specter of her age by your comment. Simply stated, she is beautiful. Period.

• oro November 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm

i know right!It is equivalent to saying “She is beautiful for a fat girl”

• adelegirl November 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Grace Egbagbe really stood out for me. She put the young ‘uns in a corner with her figure, style and carriage. To look like that when I’m her age… Wonder if she’s had any work done. Although to be honest, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. There’s just more respect for people who can look like that without resorting to the surgeon’s scalpel.

• urbanshe® November 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Pls can u guys just stop with the ” I’m first to post thing”. what are u? A toddlers?

• urbanshe® November 21, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Sorry I meant to say Toddler.

• Luvlyn November 21, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Plsss wat is Lanre das silva ajayi wearing?? If I’m not mistaken, isn’t she some kinda designer?? FAIL!!
    Efe tommy ..honey u have either out grown dem pants or ur “crossing-belt” killed it
    Eku’s dress is hideous…looks like bin bag.
    Vlisco team…. Really?? Dey just didn’t represent at all jare. Cudnt b bovered!!
    Best dressed goes 2 Jummai Shaba.. Whoeva she is. She looks clean and simple!!
    Peace.. I’m out!!

• Tosin November 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Elohor Aisien Look Stunning…Best Red Carpet Look

• oro November 21, 2011 at 4:03 pm

the gentlemen in the white tux were d best dressed!Everyone else looked ok

• Brittle Paper November 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Loving the two babas in white cocktail suits.

• Joy November 21, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I like that Eku is wearing a Grey piece ^_^ She always supports our nigerian designers, always wearing a garment from us, and i appreciate her for that

• Sett November 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm

it’s free stuff. *wink wink*

• AlittleHumor November 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm

hallelujah! the masquerades were caged…getting ready for eyo festival I guess!!
    These guests totally looked fabulous and gorgeous! more of these on the red carpet!

• sakara November 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Alittlehumour u so hilarious…..Grace dd t for me on this carpet….all d men r fab….i dont know how many x we gonna say t on this thread, if u need to go short wt ur dress, get an ashy knee cream pluzzz…..pix 3 counting from d bottom is what clean knees shd look like….not because they r fair…dark girls could v those clean knees too…..

• mma November 21, 2011 at 5:15 pm

MBGN anita rocked that bandage dress after 2 kids thats a fab figure

• mary007 November 22, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Hello Anita, yes you did but you need to see me after four kids you have got nothing on me

• eye November 21, 2011 at 5:36 pm

What’s with the twisted legs? *jst asking*

• Lue November 21, 2011 at 5:36 pm

BN commenters never disappoints

• Sett November 21, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Lovely photos. Nike so on point so errrm…these ones didn’t make it to dubai?

• Demmy November 21, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Eku’s dress is nice.

• mimi November 21, 2011 at 5:57 pm

dis is wat i call classy..everybody looked on point..less was more..perfecto

• BukiOni November 21, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I really like Eku’s, Anita’s, Elohor’s and Latifah’s dresses and Bola B’s metallic sandals. I like the shoulder detail On Bola F’s dress. Grace’s skin has a luminous glow – love it. Veronica and Datta’s dress really accentuate their figures. I love the bodice of Tayo’s dress and the white tux’s are on point, very suave.

• pendo November 21, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Anita’s dress FABOLOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• miss kems November 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm

yea…anita’s dress fab…but her husby looks kinda old oo

• onyx November 22, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Dang, did you really need to go there?? Like, really?

• Couture By Makioba November 21, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Data’s dress is a wow….. I love her figure and toned body for her age…..

• Ginika November 21, 2011 at 10:47 pm

A few randoms

• Ginika November 21, 2011 at 11:02 pm

A few randoms

1. Bola fadina, that dress is simply GORGEOUS
    2 Looking at Zainab Ashadu was like watching a movie with a serious anti-climax ending; wedges would have been fine not those and the wedges dont have to be high, sef.
    3. A first glance at Mrs Grace Egbabge and I was like: “huh?! Where is her lower limb?” I seriously couldnt find it, at first.
    4. LDA (Lanre de Silva Ajayi), I really do love you and your designs however; when I was growing up colour blocking was called colour rioting. I actually dont know if it means the same thing, you know whatever. So I’m not really saying anything sha…
    5. Efe, hmmm. I just get this really funny feeling that makes me a little nervous, like as if someday you’ll pull a Denrele or a Dencia on me; either way DONT!!!

That is all.

I must say, you can tell that this event was a prestigious one, and not one for gra-gra people (BTW, gra-gra doesnt = poor, rather it means ‘me -too-I-must-to-feel-among) just by looking at these lovely guests with elegant tastes.

• Ginika November 21, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Oh yeah, Anita I think you have a phone call.

• Dee-USA November 22, 2011 at 12:04 am

I don’t understand how Lanre styled her outfit that way. She’s a designer and that’s what she came up with?

Data’s dress is fab. But the peekaboo on the bra killed it.

Vlisc? After all those kick ass styles you bless up with, you show up with this? Guess it wasn’t a good day for designers/design houses.

Finally, something of Efe Tommy (who’s he?) I like: his shoes!

• D!D! November 22, 2011 at 2:25 am

i’m still wondering what inspired Hafsat Abiola Costello’s dress. hmmm…

• Sett November 22, 2011 at 8:35 am

i think that whole esemble was inspired by grace jones ….a.k.a Strangé

• moi November 22, 2011 at 8:33 am

pls, pls wat is lanre da silva wearing?????????? why was she not denied red carpet entry or was there no security, pls tell her to allow common pple that knoows nothing about fashion to give it a 0% look not her she is suppose to fall above 80%

• Ice November 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

Am really loving everyone at this event but honestly i’m not feeling Grace’s dress on her..its not enhancing her beautiful body at all. The men in the Tux are smoking hot, Latifah Adams looks good.

• Nikky jay November 22, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Are you kidding me ICE. Grace looked so elegant and stunning. It’s not a must that all her outfits must be figure hugging . . . .

• D Pretty November 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

Lanre Da-silva Ajayi: am totally disappointed to say the least,u could have done better. Efe Tommy: Dis one time we dnt see ur Hermes Belt, u wore an undersized pants? smh Datta:I do love d dress bt it just doesnt seem age appropriate to me.. Jummai n Vanessa made my day… am out

• Strong Woman November 22, 2011 at 10:14 am

Didn’t see Ene Maya Lawani’s picture. Didn’t she attend the event ni?

• Hey November 22, 2011 at 11:30 am

Tayo Shonekan, com’on!!!!!!were u able to walk?those shoes are freaking big.

• Omozo November 22, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Did Tayo Shonekan and Lanre Da Silva wear asoebi? http://www.onaturals.blogspot.com

• rynyx November 22, 2011 at 2:20 pm

eku edewor’s dress is completely unflattering for her body..am yet to understand it.i love the very first dress (without the make up tho)…..Bn, more pics plzzzzzz, some faces are missing…the outgoing queen and Nike oshinowo for starters

• samira November 22, 2011 at 3:42 pm

All these hypocrites giving tips and pulling down peoples outfit,give them a break no one is prone to mistakes and i bet some of you are not even presentable in real life

• Gidi November 22, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Is Efe still growing?
    How did he outgrow that pair of trousers? or was it bought during his teenage years?

• ashi November 22, 2011 at 4:42 pm

one of the reasons why I love lagos fashion….they can step outside the box and try new things….sometimes she flop at it other times they werk!

• Missy November 23, 2011 at 9:24 am

I dont know what u guys are talking about but as for Datta…I wont tell her to dress her age like Grace did elegantly….Lanre Da Silva you look lovely not sure I understand the outfit though….Latifah…sweet….nice crowd, at least the guests knew to dress appropriately….a huge relief!!

• neecole November 23, 2011 at 11:23 am

luuurv bola fadina’s gown. aunty lanre, r doz wings on ur waist??!

• cool cat November 23, 2011 at 11:43 am

@lol @ efe losing the hermes belt but next to go is that ridiculous thing on his head. Tintin called…

Pls am I the only one who noticed the absolutely grotesque finishing on elohor’s hem, and the worst thing that could happen on the red carpet, body magic line showing! Or does everyone now turn a blind eye to horrendous fashion cos its elohor? Body magic works but not for the lines to show abeg! Ewwwwwmm

I don’t understand jumai shaba’s dress, its too dated and too cheap to be coined vintage. Looks like one of them dinner dresses I had while in uni longgggg ago. D shoes don’t go. At all and pigeon toes though natural can be camouflaged with a nice pose!

Bola balogun is a trend setter, still haven’t gotten over her perfectly tailored suit on one of BN pages.

Knew vlisco had to be oyibo people. U will never see local manufacturers advertise anything(cost cutting) and then we all turn around to say we don’t patronise them. As dowdy as the team looks, I salute them for strategy.

The older men in white tuxes, finesse is dead with our generation really. I hope their grandkids emulate this and not come out in color blocking and what have you. Ahhh, dimeji, u finally ditched your power shoulder jacket I am very proud of myself.

Peace be unto you!

• kumzy November 23, 2011 at 10:00 pm

as for me, the best dressed are Bola Fadina and Latifa Adams…………simply, sophisticated & classy

• Ruth November 26, 2011 at 12:12 am

Elohor & Bola always on point.

• IAmSurreal November 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm

EKU EDEWOR…… she can do no wrong, love the simple yet classic look

• dee November 29, 2011 at 3:15 am

Hafsat abiola costello n Dimeji Alara………………….Wat in d world? Dimeji looks like he just rolled outta bed n went there, Hafsat no words sef!!!!!

• SILAS December 14, 2011 at 5:48 pm

wonderful outfit…..waoooooooo is colorful

• Lilysparrow December 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

U guys shuld take it easy. All of dem had dia own reason 4 dressin d way dey did. Maybe dey just decided 2 do so or dat was d best thng dey tot culd go 4 d event. None of u can even combine colours or are even as experienced as dey are when it comes 2 colours.

• tabi February 20, 2012 at 2:14 pm