Posted on Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 at 10:38 AM

By Damilare Aiki

The November 2011 edition of the monthly shopping fiesta – Le Petit Marché was a sight to behold. It was shopping at its best as attendees couldn’t help but get one or two items from the eye catching items on display from the numerous vendors.

Now, plans are in top gear for the December Edition of LPM tagged the Grand Marché taking place on Friday 23rd December 2011 at the GET Arena. It promises to surpass all expectations and will see shoppers get the very best of items such as jewelry, bags, purses, beauty products, lingerie, shoes, home accessories and many more from over 40 vendors. Be sure to call, text or BB your girlfriends and make it a date, because this Grand Marché is one not to miss. If have any questions or enquiries, please email - info@lpmnigeria.com and lpmnigeria@gmail.com

Here is the list of vendors who will be at the LPM Grand Marché on Friday.

Literati | Retrospective| Sole2Sole | Biddy’s Mondo | Lolavita| Bideux | Kuddy Cosmetics | Ours by Juliada | Duob Apparel| NS1463 | Scuup | Ro Jewelry | Cam Cam Sweeties | MariamMoussa |Y. Craig |Urbanknit | Little Lucuries | Style Rebirth | Unmentionables | La Bennis | Virtue by Focus Wear | Annie Everett | Mia’s Boutique | Beadazzle Accessories | Na’Tees| Veniviici | Hairven | Pot of Gold | Tare O| Ejiro Amos-Tafiri | Bebe Grafiti| Alali Boutique | IamISIGO| Treasure Box Bridals | Vanity Oils | House 38 and many others.

If you missed the November edition of LPM, never mind, BN‘s got you covered with all the photos!

Photos

LPM Stalls & Shopping

LPM Shoppers

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 39 Comments on “Can’t Wait for LPM Grand Marché on the 23rd of December? Here are Photos from the November 2011 Edition of Le Petit Marché”

Comments
    • Duob apparel December 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Visit Duob apparel stall this Friday @ lpm for quality and affordable fashion. http://www.duobapparel.com

• Janice December 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM

See the way people were gathering at the hair table lol!

• ebi December 22, 2011 at 6:42 PM

lol

• NothingSpoil December 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Its a Black female thing jor! The way Black Americans obsess over hair is even worse! Calling it ‘Good hair, bad hair, nappy head, kitchens etc. They start relaxing their children’s hair from age 3 and 4 … as soon as it turns hard and ‘nappy’ as they say! So pls give Naija babes a break if they want to spend their hard cash as adults on Brazillian weaves! Who started it first? No be Black Americans! ptcheew!

• Kiki December 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM

My thoughts exactly.

• AnnLOludoyi December 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM

NICE!

• cinderella December 22, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I had a taste of that frozen yoghurt and I must say its really nice. Where can I order in Lagos?

• Stella December 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM

It seems they were only intrested in the hair

• hotdame December 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM

nice

• moi December 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

omo, see rush for human hair….lollzzzz

• Patience I December 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM

i see am o….lol

• TYlalo December 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM

na sooooo se rush for Brazillian Peruvian, egyptian and Nigerian Lol

• Emi ni December 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Nigerian + fake hair = string attached!
      (find ” – “)
      :-S?!
      there is none.:-/

• Jah December 22, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Na wa for people surrounding the hair table. I am ashamed! I’m sorry but we are extremely insecure about hair. No one can tell me otherwise anymore. The fact some Nigerians can tell a buddy of mine that she has slave hair/ Kunta Kinte hair because she wears her natural hair shows that we are very ignorant about ourselves. We obviously don’t like who we really are and would rather be someone else (non-black). There is no superior race why can’t we all see that we all should celebrate our differences.
      I am not against weaves at all but against the decision of many women wearing them in order to boost their confidence/ feel beautiful.

• Bey December 23, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Why are we so self-righteous when we want to judge Nigerians? Whats wrong with going for the hair? Arent you guys the same ones that criticize pple on this site for having hair that looks like Bird’s Nest? Or Dead Cat? So if they want the long, silky variety… please let them. Then we girls know that its a class thing and a guy thing! We feel if we want the guys to check us out we had better not be seen dead in dreads or natural hair! Its true so dont suck your teeth! Or else why would Musicians both Nigerian and foriegn be going for the light-skinned/white girl with the flowing hair with wind in her face? Oh and even Lil’ Willow said it.. dats right! ‘I whip my hair back and forth’! hahahaah!

• Hot chocolate December 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Sorry Bey, but I have been an ardent reader of comments on BN. in fact, I enjoy the comments as much as I enjoy the post proper.This is because they are both hilarious and sometimes sensible. Pray do tell, where and when someone referred to another’s hair as “dead cat” or “bed nest”?On which post? Obviously, u made that out urself ; possibly for the sake of putting up an “interesting comment”.

Whatever ur reasons may be for “cooking up” such, I am indifferent about hair. Whether fake or real, suitability is what is key.

• Jah December 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM

As for Bey, what in the world are you talking about?

• lush December 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I’ve got you bey on this one. i mean going for brazilian or whatever weave shouldnt be a big deal .Go natural if you want and leave those who dont want to alone! ahn ahn tired of all these smh remarks on hair if you ask me i’d say the confidence problem comes from you. I leave abroad and as a nigerian you dont expect i leave my real hair out during winter? (and no i’m not oiling my hair 10times a day) and while i’m at it how about going for something as soft and silky as brazilian hair. and even if the weather wasn’t harsh and i want to….. if you really want to play natural then wear iro n buba to work everyday, dont use any make-up,… i admire pple going natural i wish i had the patience but oops

• mee2 December 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

my GOD! babes calm down its just hair not life jackets.

• ngum December 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM

LOL!

• Jah December 23, 2011 at 4:41 AM

Never! it’s not just hair! Whether we want to admit it or sit down and think, hair defines us. There is a reason why hair is considered a part of beauty. There is a reason why there are a good number of women gathered around that hair table. You can’t say it is just hair when some people’s cannot leave their homes without having their hair fried, pressed, and laid.
        You can’t say it is just hair when some people call your hair Kunta Kinte/ slave hair because you are natural/ or some girls would starve to get their hair done (weave). Don’t say it is just hair!

• Emi ni December 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM

sorry, but are you saying natural hair is not a good thing cos if i read you right, i’m afraid you are wrong.
          p.s “hair” doesn’t define everyone, some people can live without weaves.
          it is high time women should start realising how beautiful our natural hair looks like. instead, we are afraid to let loose because of press, men, low self esteem.

• Ndidi December 22, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I used to eagerly clink on the link to see pictures from an LPM event, but the last few have been huge disappointments. The picture reveal an event that is nothing more than an indoor flea-market. There is no presentation or organization. Some of the pictures even show trash and debris under the display tables. The signs are handwritten as in “free taste” and look so tacky. OK, enough of the critique, now for some helpful suggestions: 1) Presentation, presentation, presentation. There should be a theme and every vendor should work around the theme; 2) No photographs until everyone is set up. We shouldn’t see vendors with brooms in their hands 3) Vendors should invest in display cases that highlight their goods, not detract from them e.g. wire-hangers. Just some thoughts. Look forward to the next event, because LPM is really a great idea. Cheers.

• Jane December 22, 2011 at 9:01 PM

@ Jah, Bless you for this. I’m tired of talking. Its more like ‘no foreign hair, no confidence’. I pity Babes more especially, those clear their Bank accounts just to belong to the ‘Nigerian Human Hair Society’ and those who get duped into buying fake Human Hair SMH. God please help us.

• Truth December 22, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I agree with you Jah…but the truth is that there is an advantage in being able to change their hairstyles. Secondly no one bothers with their natural hair since it can’t seem to grow past shoulder or chin length for most people. Its also hard to maintain your natural hairstyle as you have to constantly straighten, roller set or tong which can be tiring. So for busy workers it is worth fixing a weave and a beautiful one at that too.

• LindsayLohan December 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Someone needs to hit the books and blogs about how natural hair ‘works’ for the professional woman and how long it can grow if looked after (not buried under wefts of someone else’s hair)…

• Jah December 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I don’t know about relaxed hair but our natural hair grows really long when we take care of it. Genetics, health issues etc also affect hair growth. Some non blacks have issues with growing their hair too so it’s not only black people. Relaxer weakens the hair e.g Iya Eko/ Lagos (disappearing hairline), reduced/ stagnant hair growth, thinning of the hair (I’ve seen some people hold on to their remaining few strands of hair) etc.
        Not every woman wearing a weave is insecure about her hair or self, some people wear weaves to try something different. But I hear a lot of women say black hair is a curse and they would rather wear weaves/perm their hair. Na Oyinbo hair better pass for dem.
        Black natural hair is difficult to maintain because we are ignorant of our own hair. Why would you constantly straighten/curl your natural hair? Constant heat will damage your hair. There are other healthier and less stressful ways to maintain your hair. You can google that. Weaves are stressful e.g you run from the rain; It stiffens when you are in a cold climate; you avoid the wind; you hate swimming; you can’t wash it often because it will not last; weaves tend to stink; you can’t wear a pony tail with a full weave; you also have to straighten/curl it; every two weeks or so, you sit in the salon for some hours to cornrow and sew new tracks on your head. And please don’t talk about lace wigs. The only person who has been able to wear a lace wig without looking like a geisha/ sumo wrestler is Beyonce.

• clementine December 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ndidi you are right on point.They need a seasoned Event planner to take the initiative to the next level.I expected more with the French name.it did appear tacky with those hangers and labels.Finishing looked poor.

• thePETprojects December 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Which of the vendors is responsible for the Tee shirt with the coat of arms? Name, webpage and phone number please.

• LindsayLohan December 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM

So having straight hair is ‘classier’ and appeals more to guys? Not only are you absolutely wrong, your right to vote and give opinions should be taken away from you until… never. Your mentality is absolutely dangerous to mankind, especially the black race.

• LindsayLohan December 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM

That comment was for Bey

• Sweetkiwi Frozen Yogurt December 23, 2011 at 9:59 AM

You can purchase Sweetkiwi frozen yogurt from Dec 24th @ L’espace – 19b Olosa street off Karimu Kotun, Victoria Island Lagos. Its healthy, non- fat and contains active cultures that help your digestive and immune system. It comes in a wide variety of flavours such as watermelon, Mango, Red velvet cup cake, Kiwi, Guava, Banana, Passion fruit, Strawberry, Coffee and Plain yogurt. Visit us today!

• Fashionista December 23, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Bey, Please let girls buy hair if thats what they want now, haba! did they ask you for the money? schewzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Fashionista December 23, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Sorry that was @ Jah not Bey!!!

• huh? December 23, 2011 at 3:42 PM

pls where can i find the accessories store,pic 9 amd 10?

• Imah December 24, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Hello BN, what are the requirements to be a participant @ the LPM? Pls kindly put me through.

• Folake December 24, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I hate fake , imitation bags, anything fake..I always opt for the real thing..I also don’t like too much bling bling..shiny shinny and all is FAKE..I LIKE TO KEEP IT REAL AND SIMPLE..IT’S MORE CLASS AND RESPECTFUL especially for a WOMAN..

• pettybembo December 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Buh seriously all dis bcos of hair!!!!!!! Ve got a very long n lovely hair, buh I fix weaves once in a while, I take very gud care of my hair bcos I love my natural hair! We can all take good care of our hair n d result will b wonderful. I dnt allow something on my hair bcos I feel it could damage it

• Dotty Love December 30, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Ladies, ladies, put down ur swords, guns, whatever you have and seize the fire!!! I stay in the U.S.(Michigan) and I always rock my expression Afro weave-on during the winter and boy!! do I get compliments!!! Tons & tons of it because my colleagues at work (both whites and African Americans) think it’s my real hair! ha! ha! ha! And during summer, I rock my ghana braids. Africans we don’t know the worth of what we have ’till it’s gone lol!!! See the Ladies all over the table for brazillian weave-ons made from what??? BULLSHIT!!!
      Let us be proud of where we come from and who we are. I tell anyone who askes that I’m a Nigerian and I’m proud of it irrespective of the bad global image we have. So what!! It’s either you like me as a person or you listen to all the stupid stereotypes the media has to offer, who cares!!!!