Premium hair care brand, Natures Gentle Touch is set to provide women with a rare opportunity to get their hair back on track through an experiential program tagged the hair care challenge which they are embarking upon in collaboration with TW Magazine.

Six lucky ladies selected through a poll that was conducted by TW Magazine are set to undergo a 6 weeks free hair and scalp treatment at the prestigious Natures Gentle Touch Hair Institute. Earlier on, the 6 ladies were invited for their first consultation at the institute where their problems where diagnosed by the in-house trichologists.

Speaking on the report from the consultation, the chief trichologists at the institute, Dan Komlan who will lead the team that will administer the treatment hinted that the problems they have identified amongst the 6 ladies are quite common with African women and they mostly border on dandruff, hair breakage, traction alopecia, dry scalp, discoloration and weak/damaged hair. “For 6 weeks, we’ll place them on a hair care regimen, which will surely improve the state of their hair when they are through. We already have products that are designed to treat these problems, he said”.

Individuals will have an opportunity to follow and monitor the treatment process through special online platforms that will be created for that purpose. There will be community rooms where people can chat with the Trichologists and participants as well as get tips, win free products and free invites to an end-of-treatment party which will have Natures Gentle Touch ambassadors, Oluchi and Agbani Darego in attendance. Also pictures and videos of the treatment can be viewed through these platforms.

The managing director for Recare limited, owners of Natures Gentle Touch, Chika Ikenga hinted on a possibility of instituting the hair care challenge as a long term experiential program that will give women an opportunity to rehabilitate their hair and have it as healthy as they will want it.

The hair care challenge commenced on Tuesday 7th February 2012 and will feature different hair and scalp treatment products from Natures Gentle Touch. Pictures will be provided by photographer, Lolade Pearse and TW Magazine will be providing media support.

20 Comments on Natures Gentle Touch & TW Magazine help 6 women rehabilitate their hair via the “Hair Care Challenge”
  • Fun-mee February 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I have been on a hair care journey for a year now and trust me it takes more than 6 six to recover from over-processed, dry, brittle, weak hair. And don’t get me started on bald spots from braids on edges and napes. Well good luck to those women hopefully they will keep caring for their hair past the 6 weeks.

• Lola February 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

That’s true. Years of relaxer damage on my edges is still yet to recover. They are extremely short and scanty compared to other parts of my hair. The 6 weeks may help them start on the right track if they continue with it sha

• LS February 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I totally agree, I have been on a helathy hair regimen for 2 and half years now and although I have seen great progress, expecting a turn around in 6 weeks is very unrealistic.

• Nedu February 14, 2012 at 8:17 am

@ Fun-mee, I totally agree with you
    I have been on a healthy hair journey for 10 months, with excellent results, and it takes more than 6 weeks to see noticeable results from any regimen.
    Hair grows half an inch a month, a 6 -month journey (at least) will produce dramatic enough results for the” before and after” pics at the end of the hair care challenge.

• Nena February 14, 2012 at 10:29 am

“I have been on a healthy hair journey for 10 months, with excellent results,” really would appreciate info on what you use that has given you excellent results. Thanks

• Nedu February 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Relaxed hair is fragile and should be handled with extra care, what works for me is a combination of good habits such as stretching relaxer touch-ups- at least 9 weeks, using natural oils- coconut oil & olive oil, infrequent use of direct heat- (hand dryers, flattening irons & curling tongs), avoiding too-tight hairstyles that put pressure on the hairline (braids that give you a “face-lift” when you leave the salon), and a good leave-in conditioner as relaxed hair is dry and needs moisture.

I also follow the hair blogs listed below and they continuously provide useful information:

• Nena February 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm

• Dee February 14, 2012 at 11:00 am

They know their stuff, and even if your hair isn’t completely rejuvenated in 6 weeks, you start to see a difference. I’ve only used them for 3 weeks and I see some improvement.

• Guest February 14, 2012 at 11:14 am

Honestly this sounds more like PR for the brand rather than an actual Hair care Challenge. I’m on a hair care journey and I can confirm, that a hair care journey or challenge is a lifetime commitment. Damaged hair is not what can be repaired in 6 weeks. A hair care challenge needs to be incorporated into your lifestyle and not just done for a couple of weeks….There are no miracle products out there. It is about commitment and patience.

• LS February 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Perfectly said. There are no miracle products out there and even good quality products are useless if you dont stop abusive techniques.

• Owgee February 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Ok… I got dis card 4 a free hair therapy frm a supermarket in Okota. So I went 2 Nature’s Gentle Touch office in V.I. Trust me, I left thr rili impressed! Ppl stil dnt believe wen I say it’s my natural hair. P.S: it ws my 1st time of using deir product. Only problem is they dnt hv a studio in Benin whr I stay and school. I tink their products are rili nice tho!

• ib February 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I used their relaxer once…never again….it almost killed me! God it was hot and pepper…burnt my scalp and left me looking like chickenhead.

• Dupe February 15, 2012 at 10:43 am

@Guest; i think this is what the article said ….“For 6 weeks, we’ll place them on a hair care regimen, which will surely improve the state of their hair when they are through”……and i can assure you that after 6 weeks of any kind of treatment (hair, skin, body etc.) they will surely be an improved. I’ve been to their salon, used their products and i can testify its very good, far more better than most of the products around. The only confirmation anyone needs is to visit their salon and check them out themself.

• FIERCEGIRL February 16, 2012 at 1:53 am

EVERY BLACK WOMAN SHOULD OWN ”THE SCIENCE OF BLACK HAIR” SHIKENA!. THE BOOK GIVES YOU MORE THAN ENOUGH UNDERSTANDING OF BLACK HAIR. IT TELLS YOU HOW TO CARE FOR RELAXED AND PROCESSED HAIR.
    http://www.blackhairscience.com/ IF YOU CANT AFFORD THE HARD COPY DOWNLOAD IT THROUGH AMAZON I PAID £8.99 FOR IT. HOPE THIS HELPS

• Brenda Obinwanne February 19, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Pls my front hair is really breaking. What can I use. Thax

• tatafo! March 6, 2012 at 7:30 am

stop fixing weave and let your hair rest from extensions

• thetruth February 23, 2012 at 11:54 pm

It took me atleast 2 years to get my hair healthy again. I am now back to all natural hair and will never put chemicals in my hair again. All I do now is wash my hair, condition it and put some all natural oil in it and I am seeing the difference in my hair.

• lola March 6, 2012 at 7:20 pm

My dear,
      Is it safe to assume that you have soft hair. I cannot try it. Relaxed hair is best for ME.. My natural hair, HMMMM, no matter the oils..Tears at this my old age.Na men

• brownie March 7, 2012 at 11:09 am

Everyone can have soft natural hair…the trick is in moisture! Natural hair needs moisture, moisture, moisture! Most of us don’t know how to care for our own hair that’s why we think natural hair is unmanageable. I’ve been fully natural for almost 10 months so I know the tricks now to keeping it soft!

Once upon a time relaxers didn’t exist and women still survived!

• All about Nigeria March 3, 2012 at 3:18 am

i have come to the conclusion that natural and homemade products are the best for you hair. coconut oil for shine and damage control, shea butter for softer hair and banana, egg or mayonnaise as your hair conditioner. whether you’re natural or relaxed, they’ll all do wonders that chemicals can’t give you.