Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

On Friday 3rd August 2012, the city of Lagos was agog with excitement as award wining Nigerian director Obi Emelonye premiered his latest flick Last Flight to Abuja, at the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki in grand style.

Apart from the excellent reviews the movie got and all the famous stars that were in attendance at the premiere including Oge Okoye, 9ice, Kunle Afolayan and Halima Abubakar, the most buzzed about topic was the movie’s leading lady Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, who strut down the black carpet with her own real life leading man Captain Matthew Ekeinde.

The top actress and her pilot husband dapper in a Grey suit, who tied the knot in 1996 rarely make public appearances together but were all smiles at the premiere as they took photos with some stars of the movie and greeted all attendees.

Mr & Mrs Ekeinde

Awww! We totally love their love.

BN Glam Spotlight

Omotola was the epitome of perfection at the Lagos premiere of Last Flight to Abuja as she arrived in a stunning black frock from Vonne Couture‘s “Black Mamba” collection displayed at the 2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week. The Nigerian label altered the dress from the runway to better suit Omo T’s silhouette. The designer chose to keep the upper bodice of the dress and chose a figure hugging skirt with a slit that showed off Omotola’s toned legs. She accessorized her dress with crystal encrusted drop down earrings with a black stud, silver bracelets and black pumps. We are totally loving her simple and classy look for the premiere. What’s your take on Omotola’s look?

Do you want to find out who looked hot and not at the Lagos premiere of Last Flight to Abuja? Then keep refreshing BellaNaija.com for all the photos.

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

115 Comments on BN Bytes: Top Nigerian Actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Makes Rare Public Appearance with her Hubby at the Premiere of Last Flight to Abuja | BN Spotlight on her Look
  • obaebe August 6, 2012 at 11:53 am

luv her dress. She luks fabulous. Her husband looks very distinguished in his suit.

• Berry Choco Latte August 6, 2012 at 11:58 am

Erm, I’m not loving it. It’s ok I guess. Definitely don’t like the hair.

• davidson August 6, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hehehe, ur opinion is purely based on hate or jealousy, so bcos of the hair the whole look was ruined? Why I can’t u just ignore a post if u don’t like the star involved?

• Lani August 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm

See wahala o. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. If I do not like the look, its not because I hate the star or I am jealous. Biko, let people air their views in peace.

• gurly August 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I’m sure its not based on jealousy. She didn’t get d look she was going for with the hair n that throws off a lot.

• T-sparkles August 6, 2012 at 3:44 pm

gurly are u kiddine me.She was going 50s with that hair.That hair totally looked beautiful,vonne coutures are always abt the old fashion look same on the model.The hair gave her 50s glam,like someone said dis wasnt on arrival prolly the end of the premiere.Bn needs to give us her first pic on arrival.

• Berry Choco-Latte August 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Ha! See me see trouble. I’m not jealous and definitely don’t hate her. I think she’s very beautiful and has a fabulous figure. I just don’t like this look. Matter of opinion… *shrug*

• lara August 6, 2012 at 9:16 pm

a hairstyle can spoil the perfect look…even something as little as earrings can….lighten up pls!!!!!

• adeola August 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm

it’s that same hair that i am tripping for plus her gorgeous look, men!!! she is sooooooo fineeeeeee

• Layo August 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I must say…Captain is looking a lot better as he is getting older. They both look really good!!

• Yaoundé237 August 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Beautiful couple….

• saphyah August 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Pretty Omotola…Nice couple…..and i think her hubby is kinda really supportive….

• Priscy August 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

omo-t….sexy mama. luv her dress. her hubby looks good too.

• Bukki August 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Aww beautifulllll people God bless them. Bella its Capt ekeinde oh not Mr…lol…I hear it was the biggest ever premiere in Nigerian history! Nice one.

• Abs August 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  • sammy August 6, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I so love dis omotola…her shape is to die for…beautiful Woman!

• annie August 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm

The photographers should have taken pictures of her on first arrival see the first pic she looked stressed,dat must have been at the ed of d premiere na carrying such hair besides her hair already pulled out now haters will come nd say nonsense now not knwing dat was what happened.Mahn i luv d dress and her hair wow 5os glam.Omotola looks good loving the dress cnt ait for the pics o,i hope BN has a better pic of my omosexy :D

• olabisi August 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

She is a diva any time.lovely couple.

• joy August 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm

luvly couple.

• Tomie August 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I love this! Omotola,there’s something special about you..(let me kip 2 myself)

• davidson August 6, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Bella, is it me or Omotola is one actress that, 1, u can never guess what she would wear and 2. is very versatile in her fashion sense.. Damn the best pics of the Ekeindes ever..I see ogar looks better now…. Kudors to OK magazine power couple…

• dami August 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm

her look is superb, believe me, words cant describe the beautiful and sexy look of this thespian damsel. Oh My Goshhhhhhhhhh, she is indeed an epitome of beauty, and has a very handsome, good looking man as her husband, what a great combination i must say

• mary August 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm

are you asking me how she looks? in my own word i will say glowing….. common the beauty omotola has is way outta this world, i wish my girlfriend can be like her.. lol, check out her lovely physique, i mean she is just truly the sexy one.

• debby August 6, 2012 at 12:38 pm

check out the most beautiful, happy and blissful couple in the in the entertainment industry, am really happy seeing smiles on their faces, knowing that they are still going stringer everyday… my prayer for them is that they live happy more than ever before.

• anthony August 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm

check out my beautiful and lovely omotola along with her lovely husband, what a nice combination, a movie star and a successful pilot… i must say that i never knew that captain Ekeinde is this handsome, he’s indeed a fine man, they both look absolutely superb..

• Adedoyin August 6, 2012 at 12:43 pm

She looks good as always!

• Abasha pickin August 6, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Omotola is the most successful nollywood actress ever, and I tell u y,
    She’s at the top of her game with regards to acting
    She’s a married woman with beautiful children as we as Africans know how important it is in our culture to be in your husbands house. FACT
    She’s a renowned human right activist,-she’s always been actually, working with people like amnesty international, wfp, etc
    Shes a beautiful woman and the ultimate role model for younger woman,
    I thank you omotola, it doesn’t matter to me whether your nollywood rivals are globetrottering and taking pics wit a listers in a bid to seem like they don arrive. You keep it real and most important continue to show us how it’s done. Thank you for realising you’ve got nothing to prove, your achievements Speaks for itself. X

• annie August 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm

PREACH!!!!!! atlast someone sees it.I said if this woman wasnt married i doubt if any nollywood actress will even be seeing her back.She is an ALL-ROUNDER!!

• annie August 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm

PREACH!!! atlast some sees this.I always say it if this woman wasnt married no nollywood actress will see her back mehn.

• T-sparkles August 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm

SHE IS AN ALL-ROUNDER!!! tell em.I really love this comment.

• Giselle August 23, 2012 at 5:07 pm

What are you her spokesperson lol! ? Well your entitled to your opinion and your report shows your uhm…Comitted? She doesn’t however have the international recognition and fan base as Genevieve! And that’s fact. Geni takes the intl cake. Kudos though in that madam omo is a well balanced African woman.

• tunji August 6, 2012 at 12:47 pm

i wish i was fast enough to have made omotola walk down the aisle with me,lol….But Mr Ekeinde already hit the jackpot, i envy him oooo cos she is just too beautiful. lol i wish her continuous rise in her career.

• davidson August 6, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Bella, is it me or Omotola is the only actress that 1. Is versatile in her fashion sense 2. Is unpredictable in her dress choices, damn she looks lovely. Loving the old sch hair do…And by the way I think capt. Should come to public more often now, he officially looks good..

• Amaina August 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

As sweet as ever! lovely couple

• simisola August 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

wowww, this this is what i call the real definition of beauty, spanning over several years and still maintaining that good look is what i call beauty. omotola is killing me , not like the ones that use pancake, i no mention name oo ooooooooo

• Sade August 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Toned legs, chineke mei. BN and over praise. Say it as it is, no need for – licking. The dress would have been better in the original style. This looked too tight and uncomfortable. When a dress thats folding folding around the tummy and hips, that is an indication of bad tailoring, and size. You can see it from the slit on her thigh, that the dress was tight. Slits, that high should just rest on your hip, and not squeeze the muscles of that area together. She looks ok, and I even like the hair, quite different, but she would have looked smashing, if she wore the dress from the runway. Where do I start with the shoice of shoes? I’m sure the immature teenage speak brigade will have no mature and intelligent rebuttal, but to say hater or jealous. When calling it as you see it becomes a problem in 9ja. I tire.

• primrose August 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm

her hair is horrible

• Sade August 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm

choice*

• wilson August 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm

are you asking how she looks when you already know the obvious question? beautiful, stunning, glowing, sexy, exquisite etc. It’s just an obvious answer, even a blind man can tell…

• Malika August 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm

very hot couple,god bless them

• anjorin August 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Now i can attest to the praises omotola has been showering on her darling husband in the media anytime she’s been asked about her honey boy, good looking man… omotola should hold him tight so the wishes of the bad belle people will not come to pass

• sammy August 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Dear bella naija, pls give us pics of other celebrities at d event too…thanks

• bibi August 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm

As u can read below keep refreshing.This post is for omotola alone d superstar

• sunday August 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

check out the loveliest couple in town, sexy omotola with the handsome captain, what a great combination, they both look fantastic……….

• williams August 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm

oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhh, no wonder omtola talks proud of her husband anytime, this man is so fineeeeeee… Wish i could have this dress omotola is wearing..

• pretty One August 6, 2012 at 1:21 pm

omotola pls dont leave this mariage …..plssssssss ehen continue to be the role model that u are

• Nonye August 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Effortless Chic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sarah August 6, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I respect Capt. Ekeinde for the support he has provided to his wife’s Nollywood career. Most marriages of actors and actresses rarely survive the pressure of the industry. One that comes to mind is Doris Simeon and her husband’s whose separation I found really shocking.

• bibi August 6, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Men with grey beards are so sexxy.Omotola hubby looks handsome o infact they both look good together.She went old hollywood with that hair,she killed this look,black does make one look slimmer luv u OMO!!!.I still ask why do pple want this woman to loose weight it’s obvious her recent stature fits her as far as the belly is flat.Omotola if u loose weight i would be so upset with u jor.

• Teegold August 6, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Omo-T is a diva and am so proud of u! U re a true defination of a complete woman with ur hubby by ur side, d world i waiting for more 4rm u! Luv u girl!!!

• kelechi August 6, 2012 at 1:52 pm

una men this woman no go kill person with this sexy look oooooo. chaiiiii no wonder dem dey call her omosexy…. her beauty na die

• Princess of Zion August 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Lovely Omotola! I commend her, she is a woman who excels! Seems she has a balanced life; as a career woman, wife, mother and philanthropist! Great inspiration and she and her husband look great together!

• gurly August 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Naijas trying hard to have their own beyonce by fire by force

• T-sparkles August 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

No we have our own omotola!! it’s nt her fault God bestowed her with that amazing behind or did she payto get it so as to look like beyonce.She even got married before beyonce so wat are u saying,she shldnt wear clothes anymore just cos she has features of beyonce.This ur comment is dumb sha

• chima August 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

omotola looks absolutely stunning here with her hubby, they really are a perfect match… no wonder they’ve been going string over the years…..

• brandigest August 6, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Captain Ekeinde, the captain of Omotola’s airplane. two sharp couple.

• femi August 6, 2012 at 2:08 pm

all i can say is that she is an epitome of beauty….. always looking radiant……… respect to her husband who has maintained a good home, no wonder there is always smiles all over their faces.

• linda August 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

the dress fits her so good, it brought out her sexy look, no wonder she’s called omosexy, sexy as ever……..

• titi August 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm

omo t sexy u r indeed sexy and beautiful

• aanu August 6, 2012 at 2:17 pm

you are asking how she look, then amma tell you that she look SEXY…

• Aba August 6, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Nice Couple

• Chattyzee August 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love her dress and her hair. Work it girl!!!!

• Naveah August 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Lovely couple! I love how Omotola works that height and shape, GO GIRL! I love how she focuses on her work, she isn’t trying to be at every party or award show. When you see Omotola in public, she’s promoting her work as an actress or her cause as an activist. I love that she’s managed a balance between being a famous actress and being a wife, mother and activist. She is not only an inspiration to the younger generation, Nigerian women as a whole BUT even her counterparts could learn a thing or two from her.

As for her fashion in the pictures provided, my only objection is the hair and shoes. The updo would have flattered her face better without the split, it made her face wider. I wish she had worn colored shoes – black hair, black earrings, black dress, black shoes, and probably black purse…too monochromatic, it’s a premiere not a funeral.

• NNE August 6, 2012 at 2:41 pm

THE HAIR ISNT WORKING QUITE ROUGH ..

• Tokunbo August 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I love d dress on her totally, but d make up & hair I don’t dig. They look beautiful together honestly, I wish dem many more years in love, prosperity & God’s blessings.

• Jboy August 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Omo sexy toy bad!couples of life ! Vonne baby I see you,keep moving

• Gimmer August 6, 2012 at 3:58 pm

oh my world… her husband is aging so well

• onyeka August 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm

aging ke? this handsome and young looking man? well ofcos one cant remain the same but certainly not the way you are trying to him look……

• Gimmer August 6, 2012 at 6:46 pm

well some of us know captain ekeinde when he was toasting omotola so yeah he has definitely aged, but distinguishly

• Bunmi August 6, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Bad hair day!

• uche August 6, 2012 at 4:19 pm

why all the hate, quiet hating our celebrities …… the likes of omotola genevieve and teh rest put up strong effort to make things happen, do you know what it take, i love the film and i will for ever support the director, ambition film maker, in the history of british cinema only four nollywood films has had cinematic run, three out of those films are all emelonye films, from Echoes of war, to the mirror boy- now last flight to abuja,
    it takes Gods grace to achieve all that in a country like that.

Love you omosexy

• Bukki August 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Amen, me too oh! Every time I go through wedding pictures on bellanaija,I can’t but remember Omotola and her capt. They are my model marriage. Cos I’m a career woman as well so may I get a career minded man who will let me Blossom just like her oh! Amen.

No one is hating dear Uche. Relax you love Omotola, we love Omotola…everyone loves Omotola…but sometimes you may not agree with everything she wears or does.No biggie as long as they don’t put their opinions accross disrespectfully,I think it’s fine. You disagree sometimes with even your mum so….
      Me though,I love omoT and everything that comes out of her! Lol…omosexiaddict you can call me.

• biola August 6, 2012 at 4:31 pm

omotola and her hubby certainly are wonderful together… their union keeps waxing stronger, hmmm i must say that that is what i pray for… i wish them more blissful years ahead

• Bukki August 6, 2012 at 4:48 pm

• juliet August 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm

i love this woman but i don’t like who ever that is dressing her should be nice to her.the hair the shoe, the dress is too tight,pls pass my massage across i want to dress this woman

• Ng August 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm

The movie effects were childish though

• Bianca August 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm

The husband is looking good as he gets older. It’s like Wole Soyinka. Omotola, is just a natural beauty. This is Naija power couple.

• @ajiriavae August 6, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I don’t think that was the best choice for her. Her stylist should have done better. Come on. That said, I do prefer the dress on her than on the model.

• Naveah August 6, 2012 at 7:18 pm

On second look…the make up needed to pop! The nude face make up with work better if her dress was bright but with the black dress, she needed her make up to stand out…bolder eyes and lips. OmoT, you dey try sha…much better improvement from previous years. Go Ahead Ms. Lady!

• Naveah August 6, 2012 at 7:18 pm

*would*

• habba! August 6, 2012 at 9:07 pm

nawa for hair oo!

• revivedafrikana August 6, 2012 at 10:01 pm

they look lovely ALMOST LIKE THEY JUST FELL INLOVE

• Tunmi August 6, 2012 at 10:22 pm

This look is not working for her, the black on black on black is not flattering. It looks like she just came from a funeral, the hair style (the bee-hive especially) does her no justice. Her dress also does not compliment her figure. She is thick but the dress seems to be suffocating her and squishing her chest. Omotola is a gorgeous lady but this dress is not a good fit for her.

• Greg paul August 6, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Omotola looks very amazing in that dress,effortlessly chic

• NNENNE August 7, 2012 at 12:53 am

Captain Ekeinde deserves an award. Behind every successful woman, there is a supportive man.

• L.A Chick August 7, 2012 at 2:27 am

Divine Omotala!!! Classy couple :)

• Trendysturvs August 7, 2012 at 7:42 am

I love the look

• Seun August 7, 2012 at 9:33 am

Shes a strong, beautiful, level headed superstar. Fantastic actress who has stood the test of time in Nollywood. I love the fact that shez an all rounder. She married very early – 17/18 and shez STILL happily married inspite of her stardom. I celebrate you Capt Matthew & Omotola Ekeinde. Pls keep it going. God bless and keep your home.

Once upon a time i considered OmoT’s outfits indecent/ too revealing but it appears that she has matured nicely. She now dresses like a mature mature of 4 and manages to be classy, stylish and super sexy all at the same time.

We all cant deny the fact that shez got it all – good looks, great&thriving career, loving & supportive hubby, beautiful children, passion for a cause….lucky you madam. am green wityh envy but am still a big fan! Thumbs up

• Jesus Chic August 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

I just love Omotola and she can do no wrong in my eyes. For all of you saying thhe look is too monochromatic…granted, but have you considered that this movie was shot in honour of the June 3rd Dana plane crash victims? I’m thinking that could be the reason. Omosexy+Capt. Ekehinde: 10 over 10.

• Jesus Chic August 7, 2012 at 10:40 am

*the look

• Kike August 7, 2012 at 11:11 am

Nice couple, but capt ekehinde seems to b gettin lighter, (just sayin)

• Foxy August 7, 2012 at 11:23 am

Absolutely Stunning, Spot-on, classy, need i say more? Captain Ekeinde looks extremely aristocratic, prestigious and with right amount of poise……Damn!
    Omotola, an epitome of beauty, grace, class & the embodiment of what a star should be. As far as am concerned this was a true nollywood moment. waow! lovely!

• pere August 7, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Most beautiful actress in nollywood………..i love ur style

• Damilare August 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Anytime i see Omotola and her husband, i but thank God for their lives. this couple is a role model to a lot of young ones out there. both with good career and they still have a lovely family, beautiful children and most importantly, they are God fearing. Am really proud of you omotola. God bless you nd your family.

• damiloa August 7, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Nice combination. Captain looks very good. Omosexy as usual look absolutely stunning.

• lolo August 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm

such a beaty, love this lady ooohhh

• Chinazo August 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Omotola God bless your home. after 16 of years of marriage and 4kids, and they still looking like this. this couple are surely bless by God.

• Foxy August 7, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Nigeria powerful couple. Omotola looks elegant in that black dress. she’s surely a show stopper any time any day. Ride on girl.

• JCC August 7, 2012 at 10:19 pm

The hair looks good but she definitely needs to hit the gym. Those arms…

• Bukki August 8, 2012 at 9:36 am

Nigeran power couple! Yah…my friend just showed me Ok! Magazine where Capt and Omotola ekeinde were the only couple named as Power couple alongside michelle and barrack Obama, will and Jedda smith and brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!!! Heeee heeeee! Omosexy scars next and world domination!

• http://naijasportsgists.wordpress.com/ August 8, 2012 at 10:18 am

Good couple. No scandals.

• fabulous_guy August 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I don’t like Omotola’s hair and its like she forgot to wear Spanx! She needs to learn how to dress up without looking like she put in an effort. She needs to learn Effortless chic

• mary August 8, 2012 at 4:58 pm

her hair look absolutely brilliant and sexy…..she’s most def on point, so i dont know what u are writing oooo.

• awotimeyin August 8, 2012 at 5:07 pm

omotola and her husband are both on point………

• abbey August 8, 2012 at 5:11 pm

talk about class and style, then you must be referring to omotola the sexy thespian….

• Blossom August 9, 2012 at 8:26 am

Dress is too tight.

• indah August 10, 2012 at 3:12 am

beautiful woman, wrong hair, dress, and what’s up with her feet??? why are her shoes always two sizes too small?? spade na spade biko. Nice hubby tho. they look good together.

• carine jones August 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

most beautifull actress in nollywood, my one and only omosexy. Beautifull family, u’re blessed reason why some ppl out of envy will always b negative towards u, beware esp other girls in nollywood. After u, then my next queen genny, then mercy johnson and tt’s all.

• Junior Zegie YCM Sename September 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm

woow Jalade i rily luvs nd admire ur charcter it has given me an idea of wt kinda woman i wnna mrry wen i grw up hey nywre i luv u sis Omotola LOL… <3

• Jagwah September 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love Omotola, she is always so elegant and smouldering! This outfit hmmmm… I like everything from the thighs up but I don’t like the bottom bit of the dress or the shoes.