Posted on Friday, August 10th, 2012 at 2:19 PM

By Damilare Aiki

Do you have a flair for the Nigerian fashion industry and you would like to work for a design label? Then jump for joy as a reputable Nigerian fashion house is currently accepting applications for the role of a fashion designer/executive assistant.

Job Description
The applicant will;

• Work with the Label’s fashion designer in order to coordinate and manage activities that deal with the fashion industry
  • Interface and deal with customers as well as handle new customer leads
  • Come up with unique designs for collections and high valued customers
  • Source locally for fabrics and clothes accessories
  • Oversee the manufacturing process and even get involved in styling too
  • Workload schedule and briefing jobs to the tailors
  • Ensure efficient production and quality control of clothes
  • Handle the factory and show room and also make sure they run smoothly
  • Handle petty cash
  • Come up with different advertising and marketing strategies and executing
  • Assist with photoshoots, runway shows and all other events
  • Arrange and attend fittings for customers
  • Be Involved with the execution of all digital related marketing activities e.g. website, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Youtube
  • Take part in general administrative duties

Qualification

• University/HND or OND graduate
  • Computer Literate
  • Course in Fashion or designing is an added advantage

Skills

• Good organisational and leadership skills
  • Knowledge of different kind of fabrics, ability to sketch designs
  • Ability to work independently and also as a team member
  • Excellent command of the English language
  • Very presentable
  • A passion for fashion
  • Excellent understanding of the internet and social media

All interested applicants should kindly send their CV via email to aewele@gmail.com.The deadline for application is Monday 13th August 2012.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 24 Comments on “Job Posting: Apply for the Role of a Fashion Designer/Executive Assistant In a Reputable Nigerian Design Label”

Comments
    • Ayodele August 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Now,A̶̲̥̅♏ so interested I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ this

• Brittle Paper August 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Haba. Isn’t the workload a tad unrealistic? How can one person do all of that?

• Woman August 11, 2012 at 4:03 AM

The EXACT question I asked myself…and we r here debating the problems of this industry, wen an employer cannot decide wat role (s) and responsibility(ies) belongs to a designer…. we got a long way to go men….they just missed out on adding ‘company driver , chef n cleaner’!!!

• Ginika August 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Sweety, that is the industry and some people have worse workloads. Plus it is a matter of good planning, respect for time aka proper time management and a little bit of multitasking, as well as having a good eye for fashion and understanding social networks.

Some of the requirements overlap, when they talk about co-ordinating and managing activites, the points below explains further. Managing customers and the lead times involved with the ‘orders’ in terms of when they would want their outfits making sure they get it on time; making sure the tailors are doing the right’ thing’ in terms of what the client wants and that theu are not doing a shody job; sourcing good quality fabrics, having an eye for what pattern will go well with what and what colours would work well with what, what texture of fabric will suit what style, being able to also identify what designs go well with certain body types, being creative and conjuring new ideas, being able to identify good quality fabrics, having a good eye for fashion and a good sense of styling etc. They all overlap jare!!! I dont know why I’m even explaining.

• Bewi August 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Very unrealistic workload.They want the person to be going to balogun market to buy fabric for them abi, and they want that same person to do quality control,handle manufacturing process,Social Media and customer leads????????

• @ajiriavae August 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

If you are going to be doing all these, you may as well start your own label because this describes most of the roles I play as a label owner. Why would I put in so much into another’s business when I can just put it into mine. Except you just came out of fashion school and are only interested in a temporary gig so you can learn the ropes. What this label needs is at least two people, a fashion designer and a production manager.

• Ibukun Owolabi November 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Hello Ajiri. My name is Ibukun and I like your comment. I’m a fashion designer and love to build a career in the industry. I don’t sew, just draw designs. Can I book an appointment with you? I need some insights please. Thank you.

• babygirl August 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Nigerians sha……..SMH….. always quick to condemn. I don’t see any of you offering anyone employment..

• Mujer casada August 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

@comments above – precisely. The person will be running the label and making all the bid decisions. If you are planning on applying, proceed with starting yours. If you dont have the capital to start yours, apply for the job and use this as your opportunity to gather clients to start you off.

• Princess of Zion August 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I think this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn about the industry and gain great experience and contacts which will obviously give them enough first hand experience to launch their own label eventually! Great opportunity; although I love fashion, I can’t design. So, I wish all the candidates the best! God bless

• Grace Mafor Mafor August 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM

i am interested to one of it
      am a Cameroonian by Nationality
      hope to hear from you

• E.O.D August 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Its funny how life is without fashion knowing i will be notice in all nations because i am FASHION …Lets get there and i will show you around my world.
        Fashion Is Hard Word Made Easy !

• funmi August 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

kinda interested bt wetin the owner of the label go come dey do????, i look the description, dey wan kill pesin ni? biko, in the guise of employment, u won take another person build the entire Business…

• Jamike August 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

One question….. If this employee does all this! ,pls what is ur own job? Note to whoeva is applying makes sure ur payroll isn’t less than 200k! Cos infect u r assuming the job of the designer!

• hmmm August 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

some of these fashion houses dont earn up to 100k a month

• Winifred August 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Abeg,you want to abdicate from your role as a label owner,this designer label has combined the role of manager,patternmaker,designer,factory supervisor,finishers etc. I wish them all the best but I doubt very much you will be able to find this person.

• Hesey August 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM

OH!!! i wish i cud take dis job…………

• ansaripk August 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi, This is Hafeez Ansari. I am working as web designer for the last 14 years.

• Bisqo August 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The devil wears Prada comes to mind… lol!

• Tush August 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM

These roles are exactly what a designer assistant do, plus coffee making as a matter of fact. People should stop being backward in their thinking and get to work! i read someone’s comments advising the applicant to go and start his/her own business..SMH is it the kind of “”suegbe”’ fashion business everyone is opening inside container these days we are talking about? all of you should go and sit down abeg, is it by force to put comment…lmao

• Debbie August 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Lmaooooooooo. I work in a fashion house and trust me I’m like :o all dis 4one person!!!!!! Yekpa …nigerians sha

• Gilbert September 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

i am intrested in dis job but i saw the job vacancy today and discovered the dead line was last week. I am a fashion designer. I have a PGD in customer relation management,a Bsc and a member of three professinal bodies in nigeria(NIM,IPMP,ICRM). I have a working experience with a very popular fashion company in lagos and held a position of head of tailors/senior machine operator.please if i can still apply for dis job let me no. My email:gibsonete@mail.com.

• Nmeregini chinyere olachi October 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I just saw the publication today,I have interest in fashion designing.

• precious nsikak sunday January 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM