Posted on Friday, August 24th, 2012 at 1:18 PM

By Onos O

Rita Ora & Nneka

The singer responsible for such smash hits as “Party” and “R.I.P.” who has been tagged by many a music critic as “the next Rihanna”Rita Ora pulled up Nigerian Songbird, Nneka onto the stage during her performance at V Festival 2012 of her hit single, “R.I.P.”

Many music heads know that a sample from Nneka‘s popular “Heartbeat” song was used in Rita Ora‘s hugely successful, “R.I.P” and it was a huge surprise to fans when Nneka came on stage to perform with her.

The V Festival is one of the biggest concerts that hits England every year during the penultimate weekend in August and features a myriad of superstars from different music genres and countries so I can imagine how many Rita Ora fans are now bumping to Nneka‘s music.

The recently concluded V Festival featured the likes of Nicki Minaj, LMFAO, Emeli Sande, Tinie Tempah, David Guetta and Cher Lloyd just to name a few as the event is held at two parks simultaneously which share the same bill on up to four different stages. Here’s a clip of the performance. Check on it.

Source: VFestival

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 13 Comments on “BN Bytes: Nneka Joins Rita Ora on Stage During Her Performance at V Festival 2012”

Comments
    • neesha August 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM

seeee correct geh representin us!carry go babe!naija we oin it!yeeeeuuuuuupppp!

• Ginika August 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Interesting mesh up

• Annie August 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM

YAY!!! GO NNEKA!! drake also used nenka’s heartbeat o not rita alone hahahah

• Toyosi August 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Shey u can all see that it’s not only Tiwa that use to off shoe when performing. Lol, lovely performance. I think Nneka is über talented and is as real as they come. I also think she’s a “rainbow girl”. Love her. Thank u for not posting my comment on Teju baby face’s video shenanigans. You don’t have to post this either. Na u get ur site.

Mmmmwah!!

• Dee August 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Yayyyyyyy! i too gbadun this chic always keeping it real.

• Thelma August 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

am i the only one that felt goose bumps when nneka started singing?

• faith August 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I love it..Great colabo..

• konnie August 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Bye the way, someone please tell Don Jazzy and Dbanj that Bacardi is using the beat of Oliver in their commercial. Just mentioning it so they can get their due.

• konnie August 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Nice collaboration. Go Nneka

• @ajiriavae August 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Nigerian artistes are really doing it. Lovely…….

• Cynthia August 24, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Awwwwww!!!! Loved nneka’s voice, I agree with you I got chills when she started singing, ESP the part,my heart is speaking, d way she hit that note, dayummm she’s got talent.

• belle August 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

nneka is so real, luvd every second of her presence. great talent

• Toyin August 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

@ Konnie
      I thought I was hearing double o. I hope they get paid for it.

Nneka is a real talent, love her work and passion.