On Sunday 2nd September 2012, Vlisco Nigeria unveiled its new collection “Funky Grooves” at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

In attendance at the launch of the new collection which draws from Vlisco‘s proud history, inspired by global urban culture and couture craftsmanship, were some of Nigeria’s top fashion personalities as well as entertainers and socialites including ex-Miss Nigeria, Nike Oshinowo, leading fashion designer, Deola Sagoe, DJ Caise, Wunika Mukan, former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Sarah Sosan and Chidinma, who performed on stage in a one shoulder Ankara mini with sheer detail on the waist.

BN was on the scene at the event, check out photos of the stylish attendees and a few of the clothes displayed on the runway.

Photos

Salome Gyamki

Olawunmi Oladiji

Chioma Obiabumuo

Wunika Mukan, Didi Ocheja & Nike Oshinowo-Soleye

Fashion Show

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna

Missed the feature, here on BN? Check out the Campaign Ad.

31 Comments on Lagos Loves “Funky Grooves”! Vlisco hosts Deola Sagoe, Nike Oshinowo, DJ Caise, Wunika Mukan, Chidinma & More
  • Camron September 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

WAOOOOOOOOOO IM FIRST TO SEE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Chattyzee September 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Lovely, very lovely pictures and for whatever reason the pictures look “clean”… no unnecessary details, I love it!

• Non professional opinion September 17, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Didi Ocheja looks cute as always, but I’ve never seen Wunika Mukan look even remotely presentable. It’s possible that as she begins to comment on the style of others she will scrutinize her own choices (including hair and makeup) a little more closely and we will see a turn around.

• Bay September 17, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Lool..I only see Nike oshinowo

• lilz September 17, 2012 at 12:35 pm

ok so this is the Nike Oshinowo that said she doesn’t go to church because people stare at her…she’s so ordinary I’m even prettier than her and so are many other ladies who serve God devotedly

• Oma September 17, 2012 at 1:15 pm

lol. couldn’t stop laughing at your comment.
      *in Ghanaian accent* my dear leave her oh.
      She is a beaurri queen.

• buchi September 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm

i believe she was misunderstood. i dont think she meant the distraction is cos of her beauty, i think she meant her controversial person attracts undue attention. Lets be honest, if she walks into a room most of us wld use corner eye to check her out. Lol

• Idak September 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm

No defence for that dumb comment of hers. None whatsoever, whichever way you slice it, it spews out stupidity of a very high order.

• Gimmer September 18, 2012 at 12:45 am

una sha love to hate aunty nike…lol. hate all you want, she is tres fabulous on her worst day than you are on your best days. see as she same everyone else in the photos

• Gimmer September 18, 2012 at 12:48 am

una sha love to hate aunty nike…lol. hate all you want, she is tres fabulous on her worst day than you are on your best days. see as she shame everyone else in the photos

• Annie September 17, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I swear chidinma’s lowcut makes her look younger.I luv it but I dnt want to cut my long round head o nd look ugly cos d last time i did my dad wasnt even happen at all,he almost cried i was so ugly .

• Cynthia September 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

@ Annie! U r too funny,ROTFLOL……….. I feel you ,short hair is for ladies with flawless, smooth face, and beauty, I can’t shout

• Moses September 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Is that the Wanika that wats to talk bout fashion in Nigeria?
    Pls get a fuckin makeover dear..

• NWAICHI September 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm

@lilz so you watched that comment she made
    she just made a big fool of herself she know no say God na God
    i wonder who she thinks she is
    May God have mercy on her

• sandra September 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

miss lasu, lol

• Vivianne Fame September 17, 2012 at 2:59 pm

When will these people learn to dress in a way that they look elegant, nice and what they wear fits their bodies, people just make themselves rediculous, they way they look !

• chike September 17, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Aunty Nikky, love your style rocking it, Deola ti o bad trendy. Errrmmmm Mrs Sosan why didnt you get Deola to design the material better for you now….ejo ma

• Afripro September 17, 2012 at 3:14 pm

aunty nike what did you do to your face?

• her royalmajesty September 17, 2012 at 3:52 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this one no follow at all, non is moving me

• huh? September 17, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Miss LASU??? Then I’m miss World.Nike look good always,I can so feel why she say so,she is a celebrity,so she will definitely be a head turner.Chidimma has a particular style,she is good anyway.

• MEE September 17, 2012 at 5:08 pm

My little cousin of five asked me if they distributed star ankara to ladies in Nigeria, I really laffed,cos we actually saw about 10 ladies wearing one colour or d other! We just sabi bastardize tins for Naija sha! My mama sef wey save her *Star Holland* as their peers named dia prized hollandis n Vlisco wrappers can’t evnt wear hers anymore, cos its onviously everywhere!

• Gimmer September 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

aunty nike…their mother any given day! muaaaaah~

• Gimmer September 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm

is this wunikan fashion po-po?

• Sbaby September 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

But why wunika? Please i like your brownie skin dont go turning the shade up

• Oyin September 19, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Aunty Nike looks flawless. Chidinma is so gorgeous with her low hair. You have to have a pretty face to rock low hair, if not please cover your square head with hair. I love the designs.