Posted on Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 at 10:06 AM

By Damilare Aiki

On Saturday 29th September 2012, the Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 Finale took place in style at the Federal Place Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. After months of grooming and preparing the 20 finalists – comprising of both male and female – for the grand finale, they delivered their very best and strut the runway in fab pieces by Nigerian designers.

After a rigorous screening exercise by the Elite Model Look Jury comprising of various individuals in the fashion and modelling industry, 17 year old Moyinoluwa Arowoshola won the coveted female category – she will go on to represent Nigeria alongside winners from 80 other countries in the world final set to take place n Shanghai, China on Saturday 8th December 2012, while for the male category, 18 year old Alvin Dayaffin won the male category and will represent the BETH Model Management and will be signed on to Elite Model Management Milan.

Just before, we bring you all fabulous photos of the attendees, check out photos of the winners strutting the runway in various designer pieces and being chosen as winners.

The Runway

Moyinoluwa Arowoshola

Alvin Dayaffin

Winning Style

Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 Jury

And the Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 Male Winner is Alvin Dayaffin

Moyinoluwa Arowoshola wins!

To view all the Red Carpet Fab photos of the stylish attendees, keep refreshing BellaNaija.com

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 42 Comments on “Your First Look at the Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 Winners! Meet the New Runway Queen & King, Moyinoluwa Arowoshola and Alvin Dayaffin”

Comments
    • looters October 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM

she has a very striking look. well deserved win. the boy.. err not so much

• YummyMummy October 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM

hello Looters, are you part of the people looting Nigerians money?

Anyway i agree with your comment.

• looters October 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM

lol.. *adjusts halo*

• Barbara October 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

She sure looks pretty. Give Alvin a chance and I am sure he will do well too. Good job Beth.

• sumbo October 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I love the stage design. Well done.
      Moyin is HOT.

• 'Alex'andyRaH! October 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

u go Gurl!! congrats 2 em both

• Love October 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Agbani looking hot! Moyin is definitely a winner, and I see Alvin doing great internationally not sure about here in Naija sha

• Moses October 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Moyin is damm hot, she looks so much like Millen !!!!!

• frank B October 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The boy would do very well in Europe. I can see him doing gap campaign.

• nems October 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM

YAY! Monyin was simply the best….look at that gorgeous face!

• sparkz October 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Congrats on anoda feat Elohor!

• cathy October 2, 2012 at 12:09 PM

A big yes for the girl but the boy ahn ahn nah

• Chattyzee October 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM

She deserved it. Good for her and him.

• ngozi October 2, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Kudos Elohor, not like those somolu tailors and obanikoro aka designer trying to do something like this sometime ago, I laugh in french. Congrats Moyin and Alvin

• Let them say October 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM

LOL – Laughing out in Chinese too
        Some comments on Bella naija can surelying relief one of stress

• Let them say October 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Surely

• perplexed October 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Congrats to the winners! I can’t help but notice that most of the girls that win elite model competition always have their hair shaved off! Call me fussy but I think this is reinforcing stereotypes for black women that in order to be the ideal model you have to be clean shaven!

I would love to see models winning with whatever hair type they’ve got, natural or relaxed…just my two cents!

• Aisha October 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I agree with perplexed . . Always shaven hair!
        I am a model scout with premier UK and a black girl with shaven hair doesn’t necessarily mean she,s a model potential . For e.g Naomi , tyra all had long hair extension. Nothing wrong with shaven hair but I ,ve noticed that in Nigeria most of the models have shaven hair.

• Mary October 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

The 2009 winner and 2011 winner had hair.

• LaLa October 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Honestly, most times when models are clean shaven, they have a more striking look and their facial features are more pronounced… if I could pull it off, I would totally be rocking an almost clean shaven look myself, but no one needs to see the contours of my head! #coversface.

• brittany October 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM

the girl has a nice body…I beg this guy….why na?

• Oma October 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Wow! she has great motion shots.
      Wish her the best

• Priscy October 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

congrats girl u deserve it….and even d boy too, though his ear is like…..

• Sbaby October 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Omg has anyone seen how this writer finished toni tones. http://niyitabiti.net/2012/10/photowhat-is-ugonna-omeruos-friend-wearing/

• chinco October 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

The guy looks like a young ‘not so hot’ will smith, the girl is really hot but those hips don’t look like a 17 year old’s (I dunno maybe kids r getting bigger these days)

• Blackmoses October 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Fantastic Evening…… fabulous high fashion stage decor!!!!! best have seen in Nigeria shows please send me details of your designer!!!!!

• versence October 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

@ Priscy: Yeah Yeah! his ear is like…….’ A winner-wealth-connection-open doors-progression! SMH!!! Kudos to you both, una deserve am!

• Blackmoses October 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Fantastic Evening…… fabulous high fashion stage decor!!!!! best have seen in Nigeria shows please send me details of your stage designer!!!!!

• Nathan.S October 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

We were told the stage was designed by Mrs K who is she why is she not featured. I heard she also made the divine cake table which was totally cool. Please lets know her details!!

• brandigest October 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I don’t know why I think something is wrong with the Pics.

• Mma October 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

This is lovely. I’m glad Alvin won, he looks really sweet.

Gorgeous ladies please check out this site.

• lorenz October 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM

The two of them have a highly unusual looks; and that girls killer thighs. i think they’ll do very well as models. However, on a personal note, whats wrong with these modelling agencies sef? Where are all the curvy & deliciously looking ladies? As much as i see slim and skinny models on the run way, whats not to ilke about some flesh? When would we all be realistic?

• Chinenye October 3, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Cool stuff…

• Style By Cesca October 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Love that runway background. Beautiful!

• Let them say October 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

LOL – Laughing out in Chinese too
      Some comments on Bella naija can surely relief one of stress

• MissWestAfricaUSA October 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Oh My Goodness!!! She Looks Like Nnenna From America’s Next Top Model. The Guy Has Got Some Weird Look That Makes Him Stand Out. He Certainly Would Do Very Well Italia #VogueItalia. Awwwwww! All The Best. Rock the Runway! Me Likey!

• lolo October 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM

couldn’t they change her shoes

• Miranda October 5, 2012 at 2:51 AM

wow! well done to them. Moyin is a beauty… loving her hair!

• Fan October 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Good job to the winners!!
      congratulations

• Eric October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Great work, bellanaija

• Usaveone October 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    • agwuachuba glory February 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Heard she did not make it to china.Too bad.What is the use of this show if the girls just get nothing after parading themselves on the stage.This show does not make sense.Bella you promote this show at the detriment of these young girls.Please we need our ARISE money is 1 yr next month since we did the show.I should have walked out with princes polo.