Posted on Thursday, October 4th, 2012 at 10:03 AM

By Damilare Aiki

On Tuesday 2nd October 2012, Nollywood star, Stephanie Okereke-Linus turned 32 years old and on the eve of the day, her husband, Linus Idahosa threw a surprise birthday party for her. Some of her friends in the entertainment industry including fellow top actresses Monalisa Chinda and Ini Edo as well as Nollywood producer/director, Emem Isong  were all there to show their love.

The elated big screen actress wrote on her blog, saying “It turned out that a surprise party was arranged, spearheaded by my wonderful husband (heehee!). It was so beautiful because I wasn’t expecting anything, except a night out with him. So when I saw people arriving with gifts and merriment I was elated. Like everything else that he does, it was perfect! *Thank you, darling*”

Photos

Keeping Up with Stephanie Okereke-Linus

Ever since, she captured the heart of Nigerians in the Teco Benson‘s movie, Terror, Nollywood star, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, is one actress that Africa can’t get enough of – with her infectious personality, gorgeous looks and captivating big screen performances. With so much on her hands, BellaNaija.com‘s Damilare Aiki tried to catch up with the superstar to find out what she is up to lately.

Movies & Nollywood
With every movie that has Stephanie on it, she never disappionts, one of which is her 2008 American-Nigerian comedy film -Through the Glass – which she wrote, directed, produced as well as acted in. Now, the actress also gives insight to her new movie still in the works, DRY, centered around an ailment found in women - Vesicovaginal Fistula (VVF).

On the Set of DRY

While on set, the busy actress took time to give us some details about the movie “The cameras are rolling and we’ve done a good bulk of the work. I am so excited about it. Dry focuses on Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF). I have been to many parts of the country and I have seen how this issue affects normal living for women especially young girls. Dry opens up on the ailment and why it is important to end certain cultural influences for the sake society and the women affected by it.”

Taking great steps in pushing the envelope in the Nigerian film sector, with not many infrastructures and funds to help support the industry, what does Stephanie really think about Nollywood. “It’s a progressive industry” she says. She continues by saying “We are moving to the next phase and it is growing, as it should. It may take longer than expected but the baby steps should not be ignored. Surely, the industry is getting better.”

On the Set of Doctor Bello

In April 2012, news went viral that Stephanie and fellow Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji will star alongside former Grey’s Anatomy star, Isaiah Washington, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Vivica .A. Fox and more, in Tony Abulu‘s latest flick, Doctor Bello – A movie centered around a Cancer specialist who after the loss of his 10 year old daughter to cancer, tries everything possible to help find a cure of a 7 year old boy dying of cancer.

Speaking on her cameo in the star studded movie which premiered on Thursday 27th September 2012 at The Kennedy Center for Performing Arts, Washington DC, USA  she says  “My Character, Bola was asked by her brother to pick up Dr. Bello when he arrives Nigeria and help him find most of the people he’s looking for.”

Blogosphere

It comes as no surprise that Stephanie is one top actress that has starred in over 90 movies, so is the Nollywood star quiting her famous job, acting for blogging? Well, that is certainly not the case. However, on Thursday 23rd August 2012, Stephanie launched her personal blog, StephanieDaily.com.

The blog is a faster medium for her to reach her fans and give advice. Speaking to BN on the blog, she says “ The idea behind www.stephaniedaily.com is to build an interactive medium with my fans – people whose support and love for my work has been very inspiring. I received a lots of emails from people asking my opinion on things and I thought it would be amazing to have this platform where they would be able to interact with me one on one and get up-to-date news and info about my work, my thoughts on various issues and so on. So far it’s been incredible, and I am happy we decided to build that platform”.

On Her Wedding Dress & Married Life

Just recently, BN brought you photos of Stephanie Okereke and her business executive husband, Linus Idahosa‘s fairytale wedding which took place at the Abbaye des Vaux de Cernay located in the Chevreuse valley in the Rambouillet state-owned forest, just outside Paris, France.

Dreamy, gorgeous and breathtaking, the wedding was a sight to behold. Just like every wedding, everyone wants to see what the bride will wear – some go for Avant-garde creations, others go short short dresses but Stephanie chose to keep to the traditional bridal gown theme and opted for a delectable gown from the 2012 Elie by Elie Saab collection, the Lebanese Couturier’s line for Pronovias.

On why she chose her”Euterpe” gown, she reveals to BN that  “I liked the details of the wedding gown; the fabric. It was a gown that made me feel beautiful” and beautiful did she look.

Happy, stunning and still ahead of her game, Stephanie is one actress to keep an eye on in 2012. To end the short interaction, Stephanie gushes about married life, she says “Married life beautiful”. She continues by saying “If you find your soul-mate you will find positive energy, you will find hope, you’ll understand love even more, you’ll understand forgiveness. If you find true love, everything turns green, everything grows, and everything has life.”.

Aww….We love their Love!

BN Quickie – Just For Fun
Your Favorite Color?
I’m loving Orange at the moment.

If you could pick as the soundtrack of your life, which would it be?
“When You Believe” by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.

Would you rather be a professional singer or dancer?
Both, but I like the flexibility, agility and discipline that comes with dancing, it is just amazing!

What songs are presently on your i-pod?
Lots of songs, I can’t name them all, but you are sure to find Alicia Keys’s songs.

Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook. There’s still some level of control there (LOL!) and I have over 490,000 fans there I love to bits.

Favorite Vacation Country?
Hmmmmm, Lots! Still exploring…

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 46 Comments on “BN Bytes: Keeping Up with Stephanie Okereke-Linus! Photos from the Nollywood Star’s 32nd Surprise Birthday Party, Details on her Upcoming Movie, Married Life & More Only on BN”

Comments
    • Ginika October 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

LOVE HER!

That is all.

• Ginika October 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Could she also not call it “Keeping up with…”, anything but that.

• Dziree October 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Stephanie is 32???? Buhahahaha *dead*

• maimuna October 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

awww! PRETTY!

• Sandra October 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Congrats girl, wishing you all the best in Marriage…….tot u where 30yrs as news has being carying it…. you look younger at 32…….go girl

• Nikki October 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Love her” She is Amazing”

• bonita October 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM

loving her

• Laila Ikeji October 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Love her too. Stephanie rocks!! Pretty woman.

• Usaveone October 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM

….Dancing Ijoya by Wierd Mc

• Berry Choco Latte October 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM

She’s pretty. Happy Belated Birthday

• ijeoma October 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I love Stephanie’s blog to bits! Well done, BN. I’m happy to see something refreshing about steph becos she is really a beautiful and hardworking woman. I was getting really exhausted by all the trash from one particular site. So much bitterness there. I wonder how she sleeps at night!

• camron October 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

WOW she’s my bday partner

• lily October 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

lots of love Stephanie

• Dorcas October 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

So sweet luv u girl

• Bay October 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

There’s Sumthing about her..she’s so sweet nd I Luv her soooooo muuuuuch..Hbd Mrs Linus

• Mma October 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Happy Birthday beautiful.

• Missasokoro October 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Nothing do her!! I like her too. Fine girl, seems to me she’s got it all, pretty, fine husband, successful career. Nice one!

• mujer casada October 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Love the colors on Monalisa and Ini. vibrant colors. Ini, for some reason after your marriage, the shy lil girl look seems contrived. Look for a different pose that says strong yet beautiful, fierce yet demure. Somthing mature. Love all of ya. http://www.marriedwomansproblems.blogspot.com

• Lue October 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

happy birthday to her
      shes sooo fine

• lolo October 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM

love her toooooo much

• Priscy October 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM

HBD Steph…Love u to pieces

• Missasokoro October 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I want to be like u when I grow up!

• cathy October 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

love her yeah

• Chattyzee October 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    • Lulu October 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

COOL!!!!!!!!!

• Loveth. O October 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

So Sweet…… all the Best Mrs Linus

• partyrider October 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

indeed there’s a different side of her you get to know from her blog..its an interesting blog and refreshing too.
      wish you more success in all you do and a blissful marriage.

• 'Alex'andyRaH! October 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I so LOVE Stephanie ehhh

• Aba October 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Wow this lady is really blessed, may God continue to bless you and your husband…loving you anytime I see your picture here, but there is another website that the comments there are always evil and hurtful…please dont mind them you are highly favoured….

• Audrey October 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

oh Steph! i just fell in love with you all over again……………… that song ‘when you believe’ enough said.All the best beautiful Lady

• brandigest October 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM

No doubt, she is HER ROYAL FINEST

• @ajiriavae October 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Very pretty, in a girl next door sort of way, which i really like. Seems to have a good head on her shoulders, too.

• L.A Chick October 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Steph is one of the classiest Nollywood actress, always on point and soooo gorgeous! Keep u the good work girl, you totally rock!

• MaY October 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

FLAWLESS!!!

• whit October 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM

awww the green dress she has on the two kardashian sisters have tem as well!
      shes so pretty

• MT October 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM

God has blessed her IMMENSLEY in the past few years, She is an inspiration to know that God is never too late. He is always on time..

I have a new found respect for her. Keep smiling Steph and keep friends few. Let Linus be your one and only bestfriend. Keep God 1st.

PPl like her and Dakore – they did it the right way, and thats why i respect them

• Confused October 5, 2012 at 6:54 AM

32 years old ke? Anyways looking good

• faith October 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

smoky eyes fit her!I. Love her chocolate colour!

• jasmeen October 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Shes just amazing!!!!

• chy okafor October 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Love u steph.your always simple but classy. I saved all your wedding pix.pls love linus well and always forgive.I will be bitter and might not forgive u if u ever divorce. Love u my diva…always.

• Miguel December 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

this looks like my grandmothers birthday, probably because stephanie is about the age of a grandmother but since she wants to claim the 30s club then she might as well throw a a party like one, she needs to get a clue from Genevive or even that Uti boy

• Cally January 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Maybe you didn’t notice, but the party was termed SURPRISE, and she didn’t invite the guests. Plus, from the looks of things, the calibre I see are hardworking men and women instead of all the I sHant gree that you will at a typical Uti party

• nwanyi na aga aga January 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM

LMAO! bella naija commentators wont kill me ‘i shant gree?’ Lawd that was mean, meaner, meanest? kai!

• nwanyi na aga aga January 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM

@Cally did u say ‘i shant gree?’ *dead* Choi!

• gracy February 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

she is my best favorite actress and a natural talented woman,,,,you are bless

• IYKE June 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM

hapy bethday…to u…am one of ur husband best friend those days….