BN Pick Your Fave: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Bola Fadina in Vonne Couture

Yes, BellaNaija Style is back with another fab edition of Pick Your Fave.

All over the world, top designers always tend to agree that a girl can never go wrong with black. Be it a Little Black Dress or a floor length frock, celebrities including Nse Ikpe Etim at the 2012 AMAAs in House of Nwocha, Julia Roberts at the 2001 Oscars in Valentino and Cate Blanchett at the 2012 MET Costume Gala in Alexander McQueen, have all dazzled in black and today, we have two gorgeous Nigerian personalities rocking that famous colour.

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde & Bola Fadina in Vonne Couture

Award winning Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Beauty Entrepreneur, Bola Fadina battle it out for your fave in a Vonne Couture black dress from the label’s Black Mamba Collection, displayed at the 2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week.

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

She is known as one of the nation’s top thespians and a yummy mother of 4. On Friday 3rd August 2012, our BN Style radar first spotted Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde in this frock at the Lagos Premiere of Last Flight to Abuja which took place at the Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki, Lagos.

Omosexy, as she is fondly called, accessorized her outfit with crystal encrusted chandelier drop down earrings with black studs, silver bracelets and black strap heels. She finished off her look with dark smokey eyes, nude nail polish and a chic up do with center parting.

Bola Fadina

Bola Fadina

At the Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 Finale which took place at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, we felt a striking sense of Déjà vu, when beauty entrepreneur, Bola Fadina of Blush Nigeria, arrived in the same dress as Omotola.

Just like OmoT, Bola Fadina went all black out, she accessorized her outfit with a black clutch with silver chain straps and black heels. Bola added a pop of color to her ensemble by opting for red nail polish and lipstick, a gold stud earring and silver bracelets.

The Dress
At the 2012 edition of the Arise Magazine Fashion Week which took place from Thursday 8th March – Sunday 11th March 2012 , Nigerian design label, Vonne Couture showcased this dress off its Black Mamba collection.

Although the dress was displayed on the runway with a knee length skirt, it was altered for Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Bola Fadina and was accented with a floor length skirt with a thigh high slit.

Who rocked Vonne Couture better? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde or Bola Fadina?

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna

92 Comments on BN Pick Your Fave: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Bola Fadina in Vonne Couture
  • nana October 5, 2012 at 1:36 pm

No doubt about it. Omotola killed it!!! That hair, those shoes. She looks fab

• 'Alex'andyRaH! October 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm

moda of 4 n still effing hawt!!! -OmoT rocked far bera jaree

• Andrea October 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I’m sure there are other designers and lots of other dresses, why did Bola have to go with the look Omo T went with first. It’s a fashion no no considering it’s a public event. Anyway I totally prefer the dress on Omotola and the shoes Bola wore didn’t complement the dress at all

• Ebi October 5, 2012 at 1:46 pm

As much as i hate to say it… it looks better on Omotola (dress and shoes) but wats up with that hair? is that the new improved beehive?

• Audrey October 5, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I don’t like Omotola’s hair at all! It’s so 1990.

• lilz October 5, 2012 at 1:53 pm

there are better ways this dress could have been worn…in my opinion neither of them did justice to it

• Babez October 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Gues dy both look fabuolous in d dresss, dy both look different

• Phamzie October 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Omotola rocked it better with a nice look to match! Go omosexy!!!

• Mischa October 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Both are ill fitted. Omotola’s is too tight. You can see it from the bust, and the hips, especially around the slit. Her thigh is basically straining. Bola, Fadina, too loose. it is such a lovely dress that can fit any woman, from a size 6 to 12, or even 14. It just has to fit properly, and neither does. So, sorry, they are both on the other end of the ill fitting spectrum. One too tight, the other too loose.

• goldfinch October 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm

na wa for you o,
      Omosexy’s own is too tight, Bola’s is too loose. Really???
      People are hard to please sha hian!

• Dolapo October 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

aunty, but its d truth … its really obvious

• WAT October 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm

THey both look nice in a way nevertheless,thruth be told I had a hard time deciding and agree with MISCHA cos while trying to decide,I had the same thoughts: on Omotola,there were parts that dint dint sit well and on the other person,lots of parts had no where to sit LOL. Perhaps its cos am not one of those who likes tight fitted or too loose clothes. TRUTH AND PURELY MY OPINION NOT HATING

• Tito October 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I like you joor…at least you know and admit you are the one with the problem!….lol….una wahala too much. That dress sat wella on Omotola!

• BB October 8, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I thought so too…… Dress is ill-fitting on them both………

• JoJo October 5, 2012 at 2:01 pm

They both look great!

• Missasokoro October 5, 2012 at 2:02 pm

OmotolaomotolaomotolaomotolaomotolaOmotolaomotolaomotolaomotolaomotola

• Aibee October 5, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I like the fit of the dress on Bola’s body, I like Omotola’s accessorizing (sp?). Bola’s shoes don’t do justice to the dress and Omotola’s hair is much to handle for me. Who wore it better?

• Ify October 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Omotola’s hair ruined it for me so i’m gonna have to go with Bola even though i think both of them dont really wear the dress well. Sorry guys.

Omotola you’ve got a round face pls avoid the centre part. This hairstyle also ruined your TW cover.

• abiola October 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

is that not the same magazine i have with me, omotola looks lovely and sweet in those pics, she is the reason why i bought the mag in the first place.

• Kola October 5, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I think the Expectation people place on Omotola is sometimes so high ,people forget she’s human and has her own struggles too. I had heard some peeps complain about the TW mag. As soon as I saw it in traffic ,it jumped at me and I bought it. It took me a minute to realize its the same one peeps complained about. Omotola even at her worst for me is still wayyyyy better looking than most. I loved her pictures INFACT it’s my screen saver in the office!

• pamela October 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Both rocked it nice.but coz of Omosexy’s hair, I will go with her.

• Annie October 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

OMOTOLA PLS! she brought that Old hollywood 50s glam to the dress with her hair just look at dat first pic na.Bola fadina’s accessorizn is bad her shoes and purse effin NO!

• me October 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I prefer Omotola’s shoes with the dress but its a MUCH better fit on Bola. I also prefer the minimal accessories Bola chose because of the neckline of the dress. The sequins and corset top is already a lot. She kept it very simple and elegant. Omotola’s hair and earrings are a bit distracting. She’s def very sexy tho, great figure for a mother of 3. Bola wins this for me hands down!

• Roselyn October 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Omotola is a mother of 4! Not 3…. I prefare the fit and styling n Omotola for sure! When Omotola wears a dress? She owns it!!! No matter how she wears it. When you wear it or something similar , you’ll always look like an Omotola clone. However, bola is a pretty girl in her own right…but it’s Omsexy’s World sorry!

• Sandrarose October 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It’s ur cent but i disagree with u.Omotola’s shoes gave the dress hem a cute finishing.The bun and earring gave it that high fashion mode with classic glamour.I really love the earring and hair yes the hair looks rough maybe due to stress frm the premiere watevr,if the pic was taken when d hair was neat it would have been cute.

• Duran October 5, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I totally agree with you sandra rose. I was at the premiere which by the way, is the Biggest movie premiere EVER in Nigeria. She got in and looked like an Egyptian queen! Everyone’s mouth dropped!she was so beautifullll. She was rushed immediately by CNN and other media houses and people were kissing her and hugging her all over the place! I wanted to take a picture and couldn’t cos she wasn’t allowed to before the premiere!so I can’t even believe she looked this great after the event! As it was a mob on her that night.

• Glossy October 5, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Bola rocked it better

• Bibi October 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I swear even if omotola doesnt rock it well,the carriage,confidence and pose she used is killing.The first pose and her facial expression is mighty.Omotola for me :)

• dami October 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm

oh c’mmon the dress looks so perfect and lovely on omotola, aside from the fact that she has a good sense of dress, her physique is that that will bring out the best in every dress, i say every dress cos she knows and wears what look beautiful on her.

• david October 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm

my ooo my, omotola is always a wonder, she never seize to dazzle my eyes as always, this is awesome, she’s indeed a definition of beauty.

• sunday October 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm

talking about beauty, style, panache in doing things in order to bring out the best in all ramification, omotola has got it all i must confess. muuuahhhhhh

• tope October 5, 2012 at 2:39 pm

aside from the fact that have got so much love for omotola i.e putting sentiment aside, form what i can see here, omotola do not only killed it but nailed it…. she’s got it all, most def my fave.

• williams October 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I must say this, no one blow my mind away the way and manner omotola does, always ahead in all…….. u rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• daniel wilson October 5, 2012 at 2:42 pm

there goes my baby omosexy…….. sweet and naturally endowed for all dress to fit perfectly on her as if it’s heavenly made for her. sorry to the other lady but she’s certainly no match for omosexy.

• grace October 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Even without looking at the pics at all, i will still pick omotola without any sentiment cos my girl has never disappointed me before fashion wise… my pick always

• BIOLA October 5, 2012 at 2:46 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH COMMON, EVEN A BLIND MAN CAN SEE THAT OMOSEXY ROCKS BETTER, MY APOLOGY TO THE OTHER LADY, BUT OMOSEXY IS MY FAVE

• sam October 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Omotola Rocks.,gosh, i so love dis lady

• simisola October 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Omotola is my fave, am pretty sure the designer of this dress would be so much happy that omotola wore it cos her physiques brings out what the designer envisaged before making this dress.

• Bukki October 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Omotola now,… Lol before nko? When you see Omotola ,there’s something about her that makes you STOP and realize this is different! A certain confidence, piercing look,prescience ….I don’t know what exactly it is, time just stops for a moment and you go okay! The only person who gives you same feeling even when she is imperfect looking is Angelina Jolie.

• debby October 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is surely my fave

• Bukki October 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Chai…spell check! …..presence !

• kunle October 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm

omosexy rocks better joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• remi October 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm

this is heavenly made on omotola, so beautiful and classy……

• o October 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

puhleeeaassee, yea yea, omotola looked nice, her hair and shoes looked nice, but the dress looks way better on Bola, if you take a closer look at the picture, you would see the outline of Omotola’s spanx/body magic… it’s so obvious she’s struggling to breathe. In my case, Bola rocked it effortlessly….

• Annie October 5, 2012 at 3:13 pm

SO? is anything wrong in using body magic.Beyonce and kim all use body magic nd it shows in almost all their outfits.We all knw bodymagic makes one uncomfortable so it’s only normal.I jst cnt with Nigerians a recent foto of beyonce and her flabby belly shwoing frm her outfit surfaced nd she wasnt criticised for it but if it were here now omotola’s belly showed y’ll will bring d roof down.

• Rose October 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Lmao! Na fight? Which one be puleasssssssssse! Lol…imagine you even snapping your fingers, chill oh na just gist matter. I agree it looks good on Bola just cos her arm is slimmer than Omosexy’s but that’s where it starts and ends! Beauty- Omosexy. Carriage- Omosexy. Styling- Omosexy. Who will make me wanna go buy this dress? ………..Omosexy!

• nino October 5, 2012 at 3:18 pm

thanks oo…thought i was the only one who noticed this….but omotola slayed still…its inbred…she cant help it, shes hot…

• esther ayodeji October 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm

omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola omotola

• HRH October 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I think bola did well too i mean she has the height and slim figure if only it had been a lil bit more fitted or she had a better accessory and she gave a good pose other than that she is beautiful too.Omotola on the other hand had that confidence,that star power and good accessorizin to carry the dress.Both ladies did well considirn the difference in stature and size.Bola did well for slim figure ladies and omotola did well for big figure ladies.

• Yahana October 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Seriously, I think because Omotola is such a strong personality, if you wanna wear something she’s worn, have it a bit altered. Omotola will always win not because everything is perfect, but because she sells it! Her confidence is Huge! It’s like trying to outshine a Kim kardashian or maybe beyonce….really hard. Sorry bola u are a fine chick though.

• orija October 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm

tele nko? ofcos it’s omotola, there is something unique about her, you keep on staring at her and you wish you never let go of her sight…..

• angela October 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm

omotola has got a kind of physique that does justice to all dress that she puts on, check out her curve now, it’s killing meeeen, making the dress perfect on her

• tunji October 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm

i must say that the bola girl sef try but omotola is a natural symbol of beauty, this dress looks good on her, plus her shoe is a perfect match.

• nems October 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Omotola hands down! Her hair and accessories say I’m wearing couture, Bola Fadina not so much.

• Bird'sEyeView October 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm

What’s all this Omotola business?? It’s about the looks not personalities. Omotola is a great actress but not one with a great dress sense. Bole wore the dress more effortlessly except for her shoes. It looked way too tight on Omotola plus those earrings are overkill.

• abiola October 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

ofcos it’s not about the personality but you saying omotola does not have a good dress sense it’s obviously out of jealousy, people are pickin their fave, pick yours and less hear word, why attacking her personality? foe me, omotola is my fave, naturally beautiful with a figure that brings out the best in all her dress.

• Bukki October 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm

You have revealed yourself and your intention on this post when you said what’s all this Omotola business? Then you thought let me take a shot…hmm Omotola is a Great actress but not one with a great …. Try not to bring venom into topics like this it discredits your point. By the way, it’s not about bein personality it’s about bringing personality!

• Bibi October 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm

My God is it cos omotola has most votes it’s paining uSomeone just has to have the highest vote so wat is it? i knw cos pple chose omootla some of u’ll will say it’s based on personality but truth is she wore it better in most pple eyesBola too is a tall pretty chick

• Bird'sEyeView October 5, 2012 at 3:35 pm

*Bola

• BeeT October 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Bola Fadina please

• Ij October 5, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Dey both look fab in their different ways!!anyways it’s a vonne dress and it’s involkng d goddess in both ladies!!!!

• Naveah October 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

@ Andrea – I beg to differ. The rule you are stating only applies IF they are at the SAME event. They were both at different events that were months apart. If a celebrity can’t wear an outfit because another has one if first, designers would never make any money. Life & Style and other celebrity gossip magazine have segments that they show two different celebrities wearing the same outfit and they ask readers to decided who wore it better…L & S called their “Who Rocked It Better”.

As for the BN comparison between Omotola and Bola:

Fit, Accessories, Shoes – Omotola

Hair – Bola

Make up – Both failed

• @ajiriavae October 5, 2012 at 3:49 pm

While Omotola’s body fills the dress out better, Bola styled her’s better. Her look is classic and sophisticated. Omotola’s hair style is too much for me to handle, I’m sorry.

• hamed October 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm

we all are entitled to pick our fave, so if so much people are pickin omotola, i have no problem with that cos she’s also my pick, why the hate? birds eye view lollllllll

• obong linda October 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm

aside from the fact that omotola is famous and beautiful, my fave will still be her cos the dress look fabulously good on her without any sentiment

• princess October 5, 2012 at 4:15 pm

omotola omosexy is my pick, she wore it better period…

• Rekiya October 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm

WHAT ALOT YOU DON’T KNOW IS A CELEB MUST BE A LEADER AND NOT A FOLLOWER! THIS I HAVE NOTICED IS WHAT HAS GIVEN OMOTOLA LONGEVITY! SHE TAKES RISKS,DOES HER OWN THING …she never follows trends. She sets her own. Sometimes it works sometimes it won’t.i remember a long time ago i went to Bobby’s and they were making Omotola no rival hair! A lot of people now do up buns after her London outing and twitter dp. On Linda IKEJI blog when they asked people to send in pictures after Kim kardashian, the first Nigerian celeb someone imitated was who? OMOSEXY. That should tell you something. I’m a stylist and even I check up what she’s up do every now and then and mix it up. Fashionista on her own terms!

• Annie October 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Lol i am telling u.Even if dis dress doesnt fit her but for the fact dat she was seen in the dress first has given her half support.I also notice d bun thing too lol haha u see girls on twitter with their bun den picmixin it with omotola’s haah.This dress was custmized for omotola first b4 it enters market for general pple.Me i cnt wait or her amina premiere o iconic vanity is d one designing her dress.

• temisan October 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm

hmmmmm omotola is yummycious” in this dresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, most definitely my pick

• juliana October 5, 2012 at 4:45 pm

despite the fact that she’s a popular figure, omotola rocks better for me in every sence.

• juliana October 5, 2012 at 4:46 pm

despite the fact that she’s a popular figure, omotola rocks better for me in every sense.

• Fab Tokunbo Tobiloba October 5, 2012 at 5:23 pm

If i hear say. Make una no make me vex o. Genevive gan no say kosi ele gbe é ni omoT. So mrs omoT GREATEST GBA GBA 4 U. winks

• Bisqo October 5, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Omotola wore it better…

• huh? October 5, 2012 at 6:49 pm

May be I’m blind,but it way look better and more comfortable with Bola,she can twist,sit,turn more easily in that outfit than Omotola.There is much more in been comfortable in what you wear.I almost choke from wear a dress that was too fitted(I’m as slim as Agbani)people keep admiring me……deep down I was like,if only you guys know how I’m feeling inside…..I almost choke that day.I equally heard Body Magic is hard thing to wear on it own,let alone with a tight dress!They both look Guy anyway.

• Gimmer October 5, 2012 at 6:54 pm

ugly dress…omotola looks stuffed in the the dress. the other girl is just there…that dress isnt meant to flatter anyone

• Temilola October 5, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I think Bola nailed it. Loved the classic look and the minimal accessories. It speaks sophistacation and elegance.

• Bukki October 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Minimal assesories don’t Lways mean sofistication and elegance. Sometimes it’s lack of style. And less is not always more…express yourself.

• Juliet October 6, 2012 at 12:04 am

My God, this woman is so so beautiful and sexy, well endowed and epitome of beauty, whatever she puts on her body fits her very well, my girl u were wonderfully made by God, Omosexy is my fav everytime, she wears it best @ all time.

• Chi October 6, 2012 at 2:19 am
  • LadyWoman October 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

OMOTOLA!… and by the way for those who need a tailor, this lady is a rockstar and her prices are very okay… 08081684048, thats her number….

• N October 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm

It’s funny how some pple are fighting for Omotola as though she’s going out of style. LOL. I would give them both 50% jor. It’s not very flattering on either.

• Priscy October 6, 2012 at 10:58 pm

omotola

• Duvy October 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Definitely Omotola for me.
    Im loving the fit.

• Latifah October 7, 2012 at 9:54 pm

*Yawns* What a dress!…Bola is my fave here…

• LALA October 8, 2012 at 9:09 am

Both ladies look great in this dress, Omotola’s shoes fit better, but Bola’s hair and accessories go better with the outfit. I prefer Bola in this. she looks elegant. Omotola looks great too.

• Sandi October 8, 2012 at 11:22 am

Omotola rocked it best. And I do not see any problem with her hair. People not everyone must wear their hair like mammywater. A nice style every once in a while is good.

• kayode morgan October 8, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde

• bettie October 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

omotola rocked it best,her hair do is fab ,makeup is cute, her shoe is lovely,
    am loving the fit.

• Oddbod October 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm

BOOOOOLLLLLAAARRRR please

• Koral October 16, 2012 at 5:44 pm

But make una talk true..this dress is too tight on Omotola…Her laps are almost bulging out ni. The upper part of the dress fit better.
    And for Bola, its a bit loose over her waist region…But I think that helps to give her the relaxed look that Omotola’s hair+smokey eyes+tight-dress wuld find impossible to pull off. Thats my two cents worth :)

• Koral October 16, 2012 at 5:44 pm

The Upper part of the dress fits* better