Posted on Monday, October 8th, 2012 at 3:33 PM

By Damilare Aiki

You know her as a big screen actress and now, she is making her big break into the music industry.

On Wednesday 17th October 2012, Blackberry Babes Star, Tonto Dikeh will officially release her debut track titled “Itz Ova” for our listening pleasure. According to a source close to the actress, the track is a break up song produced by Teso Music and features upcoming act, SNYPA.

It would be recalled that in November 2011, the movie star featured on Kas‘ critically acclaimed up-beat track, “Iyawo Wind”. Now in 2012, the movie star will join other famous Nigerian actresses like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and Stella Damasus, who have ventured into music.

BN has the scoop that the song has already been mixed and mastered.

If you missed it, listen to Kas featuring Tonto Dikeh in Iyawo Wind

Be sure to keep refreshing BellaNaija.com for the exclusive unveiling of her single “Its Ova”.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 27 Comments on “BN Bytes: Ready to Take On the Music Scene! Nollywood Star, Tonto Dikeh to Release Debut Single, “Itz Ova” this October”

Comments
    • kem October 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it is well

• JJ October 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I love you Tonto for being a bad ass but hell to the muthaf’ing no!
        Kas is the king of auto tune. They all sound like mature chipmunks..

• Camron October 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Cant wait to watch this. hope its going to better than what Jim did. trust my girlllllll

• lilz October 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM

MCTHWEEEE after insulting everybody on twitter

• john October 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Tonto decay will not kee person in dis naija entertainment industry o…she sucks at acting and now she wants to try singing? Make she park well abeg.

• what October 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I like her hustle…but have to agree her acting sucks!…….in this generation of actresses …i think Nse and Mercy Johnson are the best…

• @_Iyore October 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Tonto DECAY ke? LOL

• lolly October 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM

ahahahahahahaha… tonto decay

• mamamia October 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Please…she still need to be coached in acting and now she wants to sing. ok, we go dey here they watch…hahaha. She can join the likes of Jim Iyke, Genevieve and Omotola on the queue of failed singers

• Bukki October 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I can bet you have not listened to Omotola’s album! Naija lowa was a bonafide Hit! Why are you people so negative? She might not be pushing her music career as much but Omotola ‘s music is wayyyy better than a lot of music I’ve hearted out of Nigeria! My friend go to YouTube! Have you seen missing you? Bad belle people! What have you achieved?

• Folarin October 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Ive always wondered too why people complained about omotola’s music! I don’t speak up cause I thought I was alone! I have listened to Omotola’s songs and that Lady can Sing! Funny first time I heard her song was here on bellanaija! I think she should promote her music more. I also like her messages and I hear she writes and produces too. Love a hard working sister.

• Mana October 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I wonder how their music sounds like maybe she can really sing well.

• alex October 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

why should tonto dikeh be singing? well am proud of her passed philanthropic act

• Partyrider October 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Oh God! The world is likely not going to be the same again after that song is released :(

• i no send October 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

nse etim and omotola are the best

• Mma October 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I strangely like her song with Kas.

• Changing Faces October 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

So Bellanaija did not hear about the Aluu4? Or the issue is not important enough to land on your blog? I guess it’s not London fashion week news….

• jade October 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I already know i am not buying it!!!

• Sbaby October 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Go Poko, no one can kill your shine, its better to try than not try at all , Nne well done

• XoXo October 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thought it was just me that found her acting funny…The way she does her mouth sef as if they forcing her to eat s**t….

• well October 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Tonto sang with Mama Gee years ago

• Ginika October 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM

AH! hmm for the first time ever, I recently watched BB Babes and I was flabbergasted to say the least. Mehn!!!! She killed that character and I dont mean killed in a good way, I mean murdered.

I couldnt figure out what was going on with the character, it was a confused wannabe American teenager. Over acting! Oge did a good job, and I guess that is were experience counts.

TONTO DIKEH, please stop over acting I beg you.

• Hadassah October 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

“itz ova” kor… “itz ovasabi” ni, mtcheeeew! It’s easier for musicians to act but it’s not so easy for actors to sing. well, Genieve and Omotola’s songs weren’t as bad as Lilian Bach and Ramsey Noah’s songs… we never know,it’s good to try sha

• huh? October 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM

If you are so blind not see post about the Aluu students who were brutally killed,den don’t blame BN…..they even reply you…mtchewwwwwww

• Lulu October 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM

She’ll probablt do better as a singer! She’s not a good actress atall!!