Posted on Thursday, October 11th, 2012 at 10:38 AM

By Adeola Adeyemo

After all the anger directed towards the killers of the four undergraduate students of University of Port Harcourt  for taking the law into their own hands and not reporting the boys to the police for their alleged theft, it is sad to hear that some Policemen were actually present when they were brutally killed.

Speaking to  Channels TV during a telephone on Wednesday, Chinwe Biringa, mother of Chiadika who was one of the four victims killed in Aluu community has said that policemen were present during the killings.

Chinwe who spoke in a telephone interview during a public affairs programme on Channels Television on Wednesday said she was disappointed with the way and manner the policemen looked on and did nothing to stop the gruesome murder of the four boys.

Punch reports that she said the police told her they had insufficient bullets in their guns and could not confront the crowd:“Eyewitnesses accounts revealed that policemen were at the scene of the incident. Besides, policemen at the police station confirmed to one of the bereaved parents who visited them that policemen were there.

“And the explanation they gave was that they were overwhelmed by the crowd and that they had insufficient bullets in their guns and all that thrash to confront the crowd.

“But those people were only with sticks not with guns. If they really wanted to work they would have worked. If they had done what the Joint Task Force did by firing warning shots into the air when they wanted to collect the corpses, things wouldn’t have gone awry.”

She insisted that the four murdered boys were not robbers and decried the poor state of security in Nigeria. “We don’t have security in this country. We don’t just have and our children and wards are all over the country. We are only living by God’s grace everyday, because this can happen to anybody any day.

“God knows best because nothing stops Him from doing something extraordinary to save them. But may God judge all those who had a hand in the killings.”

If not having sufficient bullets is the excuse the Police men have for not stopping the murder of the boys, then it is such a shame. The killers were not even using guns! I was listening to a programme on radio this morning when the presenter called for the resgination of the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State. If some Policemen were there, then yes I think some of them should loose their jobs.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 36 Comments on “And the Police looked on…. Mother of Chiadika Biringa, one of Aluu4 Victims says Policemen were present when her son was killed”

Comments
    • mm October 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM

mrs biringa take heart. also the families of other students that were killed….
      i know this woman but i didnt know her son was among the aluu4 until yesterday….The woman on her own is well to do…chai it is well

• YummyMummy October 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

iWeep for Nigeria,Lord have mercy!**Sobs***I feel sick!

• Alero October 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I weep 4 Nigeria!

• Abs October 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

OMGoodness!! Could this sickening event get any worse? The Police? As in LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS? How?

• ucylo October 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I am dumbfounded!!! Insufficient Bullets….

• VALERIE October 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I’m practically speechless, may their souls rest in peace, Amen!

• make money online October 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM

And what’s their excuse? Leew, this is craziness.

• faithful October 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

naija police…insufficient bullets indeed!!!

• ese etuks October 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

its so unfortunate things like this still happen.i weep my heart for those innocent handsome boys.i pray d mercy,forgiveness and grace of God, speaks for them. Lord God, accept their souls and take vengeance now. Thank u Lord for i can see them taking their places at your right hand. Also let d peace that passes all understanding flood the hearts of the ones they left behind. To d ones who caused their death, i speak the forgiveness of God upon u all for u don’t know what u have done. Amen

• Purpleicious Babe October 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

i CANT laff at their excuse…

this is what they POLICE did, brought out chairs, sat down and watched it like it was a movie.

listen the POLICE force is Nigeria is a ermmm nothing. I have since lost faith in that system since I forever. I dont know if I can blame them or blame the justice in Nigeria or blame the system in place in Nigeria or blame that community itself or blame the lack of training and equipment in place. I dont know where to place the blame sef. It is frustrating but deep sigh.

What I have drawn from life in Nigeria, mind your business, stay in your own home, dont be about, dont get involved, pass by and dont look back most importantly PRAY FOR 110% protection.

I dont know if it is a great mentality but to avoid issues one has to keep their head down. even in keeping your head down, trouble will still come and find you at your own door smh..

Again deep sigh.

Pls forget security, forget all these… in Nigeria. I feel we are on our own.

• Waz October 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

This is a problem with a society that frustrated to the core Unemployment, Lawlessness, Lack of security, No direction from the top). Make no mistake, these kind of incidents occur all over the country but the Leadership have failed to recognise the very basics of a civilised society. A social re-engineering of Nigerians is required where we should view our neighbour as our brother or sister. The system failed the young lives, their families and the Nigerian people.

• mercy October 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM

See excuses that is not reasonable if na money for roadside them sabi collect.waitin jonah dey talk for d matter am tired of dis country I still can’t believe people still kill dey self without feeling blood in der veins

• Onyinye October 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

am a blogger, but up till now, i ve not found the word to describe this ………(Have not found a name for it yet), just looking at their pics, i hv been wondering wat wud ve been in the minds of the people dat did this, the onlookers. God!!! Wat abt the parents, wud they survive it? and now we are talking abt the Police….Hei….I wonder if the life of people are in the hands of Police, Wat wud ve happened? Wat of the person dat videotaped it, Did he really have a heart? Burn ur fellow human being and u were taping it? At the end of the day, I concur with wat the writer says “We live by the grace of God”….R.I.P. Aluu 4….Four destines just went down the drain, families broken with grief and Jonathan is trying to sell the point of “Nigeria will be great”…….”crying” I pray God give them the heart to bear this loss….Cos me as an outsider cant even bear it not to talk of the mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters….

• Legend October 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Nigeria my country what happened to thee?

• Fola October 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM

SO PAINFUL,I JUST WATCH THE VIDEO TODAY IT IS A WICKEDNESS OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL,MAY ALMIGHTY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL

• Hadassah October 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM

The police has always been a disappointment…

• Chum chum October 11, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Whaaaaaatttttt? police? chai

• Aluu is Abomination October 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

It is a shame that the police said they have no bullet, they should be stone to death.

• lyndah October 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

that is a very stupid excuse for the police to give, they are also murderers in the case. justice must prevail,,

• linda moka October 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Are we surprised that the police was present at the scene? was it not the police that fired the bullet that shot Ugo Ozuah? Truth is Nigeria is a failed state and Jonathan is a disappointment to Nigerians because some people believed that he was the messiah of our time. My only consolation is that i didn’t not vote for him otherwise i would have been totally disappointed. it is however very sad that the people protecting us are the ones killing and wasting the lives of innocent people.

• ben October 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

it is amazing how callous, cruel, wicked, heartless, brutal and darkhearted people could be. I detest the ‘black man’ and the way he thinks. God help us to love others just as much as we love ourselves.

• Jen... October 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

This can happen to anyone…

• Turn turn turner October 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yeah but when it’s one of the typical “accidental discharge” incidents that ends up killing innocent people, somehow the bullets are enough.

A comlete reorientation is needed in the country. Things like this must not happen again, which way forward? It’s just so sad. So so sad

• konnie October 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

They need to be arrested and charged for being complicit in the murder of those boys. make an example of them

• ifu October 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

This is absolutely heart wrenching. To see young men mauled down by heartless people. We can only pray for the families of the boys. Only God can help them heal. No parent should ever go through this. Nigerians Demand justice. Those involved must be brought to book.
      We also demand that the pictures of the evil people who partook of this devilish crime be made public. We call on President Jonathan to also speak on this matter, Justice must prevail.
      My heart bleeds. I cry for the boys and what torture they went through. May their bloods forever speak on that Land!

• Cool cat October 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Wow

• cathy October 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

May their corpse hunt down even the police people that were there and didn’t do nothing, what nonsense! If na to molest ordinary citizens them go fit.

• word October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

But bullets r usually sufficient to kil danfo drivers over N20! Dz policemen hv blood on their hands. Any woman married to a naija police officer will need to secure d life of her children on her knees cos they do things capable of affecting their unborn generations

• Theodora October 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

jeezzzz enough already with this story , am so so so sad so sad, and now these, please those policemen should be identified and they should be sacked,….haba

• kene October 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

nigeria police make me sick,i was even blaming the people who use their phon to video the incident instead of using it to call the police not knowing the useless policemen who only knows how to collect bribe were right there watching

• GhaNaija! October 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I can’t repeat this story, since I heard I have refused to talk about it. My heart is heavy and it just hurts too much. I always wished I had a kid brother. I would have gladly had any of those boys. Rest in peace. I believe God has a good that will come out of this for us. May the Almighty give their families a peace that will surpass all understanding. It is well with us all. Amen.

• Ohanaemere.N October 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Let’s take it 2 dis level “u wer asked 2 luk afta a sumtin,u slept nd woke up 2 find out it’s bn taken” 2 ur boss ,u r d one dat tuk it..dat’s a fact..
      Interpretation:d police killed doz guys,if we r 2 luk 4 justice..it’s dia job bt dey didnt do it..a single bullet fired is stronger dan d hearts of ununified mob..2 d 4pals,swallow..ur killers ,is equally joinin u..2 d parents,take heart..involve God..2 d NPF,i neva 4 a day put faith in u guys..bunch of failures nd unpatroitic rock baggers dats wot u guys r..2 d Aluu community,form a strong vigilante outfit,cojoin dem wit d police..dat is wat we community policing.

• labb October 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I have not been able to sleep since saturday when i saw the video.I couldnt even comment on this blog since i saw it because i was too numb to compose anything in my head.I woke up this morning at 06.55am and the first thing that came to my head was that these boys were being lynched this time last week.It just made my heart heavy all over again.But They are resting now.God forgive those who did this.God forgive the person who shouted thief and wrongly accused them.But this time Justice has to be done.My soul has been weeping and aching like i knew them.We are not sittng by waiting for “the pepetrators to be brought to book.”the usual saying by our government.Our police force are just useless and im not sorry to say.Its too bad,too scary.
      God grant them eternal rest.Amen.Too sad

• Nkechi October 15, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I was thinking if police had come, what happened wouldn’t have occured. Shame to those policemen, they wont go unpunished. wicked policemen

• Nkechi October 15, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Had it been one of the victims happened to be the brother of one of the policemen, would he not have sufficient bullets, crap.

• King March 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM