A Wedding to Cherish: Akeshi & Akin’s Stunning Chicago Fête

Posted on Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 at 6:28 PM

By BellaNaija.com

There is something so immaculate about the colour – white! For weddings, shades of white from ivory to champagne create a sensationally flawless effect. For Akeshi and Akin‘s stunning wedding in Chicago, the beautiful bride who owns Kesh Event Production, conceptualized, planned and designed her wedding pulled all the stops for this thoroughly modern fête.

Akeshi & Akin met 5 years ago at a friend’s birthday party. They have mutual friends and the confident beau introduced himself to his future bride. Fun dates and romantic dinners grew into what the bride describes as “the best thing that ever happened to me.” They have been together ever since!

In May of 2011, the couple planned a getaway trip to Mexico for Akeshi’s birthday and while her intuition led her to believe that Akin would propose while they were on holiday; he surprised her by asking her to marry him just a few hours before their flight! She was so surprised and she said YES! They then enjoyed their holiday basking in their newly engaged glow!

On the 18th of August 2012, Akeshi and Akin said “I Do” in fabulous style. The bride walked down the aisle with both her mother and father by her side. With harps and violins playing in the background, she glided down the aisle looking stunning in her dramatic strapless dress with structured pleated detailing and a showstopping floral train. The groom Akin looked handsome in his bespoke black tuxedo. After their wedding ceremony, the couple stepped out as Mr & Mrs and enjoyed a fun photo session with their bridal train with the bridesmaids looking radiant in their buttercup-hued dresses and the groomsmen kitted out in sleek tuxedos.

Akeshi and Akin’s wedding reception was a fabulously modern affair! The bride changed into a tri-strap fitted mermaid ivory satin dress which was a gorgeous fit for the reception theme. The loft reception space was perfectly enhanced by purple and amber mood lighting, white draping and an abundance of elegant flowers. Guests enjoyed the music, great food and delicious yellow cake with cookies and cream filling and vanilla cream cheese frosting! It was all about the couple as they danced the night away surrounded by their friends and family.

BN wishes Akeshi and Akin all the very best in love, life and marriage!

Wedding Photography - Laura Whitherow Photography | NMT Multimedia

Wedding Photography: Laura Whitherow Photography - http://www.laurawitherow.com | NMT Multimedia - http://www.nmtphotography.com

Wedding Details
Date: 18th August 2012
Wedding Venue: Room 1520
Wedding Colours: Black and White with crystal accents
Wedding Theme: Black Tie/Formal

My Wedding Chronicle with Akin+Akeshi from Toks Visions on Vimeo.

Wedding Planning and Design, Event Lighting & Draping: Kesh Event Production – http://www.kesheventproduction.com - Bride’s Event Company :)

Wedding Venue: Room 1520, 1520 W Fulton, Chicago, Il, 6060
Wedding Dress: Jasmine Bridal Couture - http://www.jasminebridal.com/
Reception Dress: Custom-made by Bride
Bridesmaids Dresses: Jasmine Bridal Bridesmaids - http://www.jasminebridal.com/
Cake: Luscious Layers Bakery – http://www.LusciousLayers.com
Wedding Cinematography: Toks Visions – http://www.toksvisions.com/

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 53 Comments on “A Wedding to Cherish: Akeshi & Akin’s Stunning Chicago Fête”

Comments
    • dammylee October 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Fell in love with the wedding dress. Love the approach to the father and daughter dance. Nice and Simple concept

• Janet October 24, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Beautiful! Love the reception colours stunning! The bridesmaid dresses are so so so beautiful!

• Elizabeth October 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

These pictures are so beautiful and I LOVE THE CAKE,the description sounds so yum aswell.May they have a wonderful life together.

• Amber October 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Looks like an intimate wedding(not overcrowded) and simple.HML to thm

• SJammeh October 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wish them a blissful marriage life together. That cake is to die for

• Fumy October 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wow beautiful

• Chi-ka October 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Awwww I love. Looks like it was very wel organized, those type that have the entire village in attendance lol.
      God bless your union, guys.

And oh, I see Pastor Flo officiated. Shoutout to PFlo!!!! lol :)

• Chi-ka October 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

*not those types* please excuse the typo!

• Nkechi October 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The wedding: Very Hollywood glam! They look very into each other too ;)

• Mma October 24, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    • nems October 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Love the Bridesmaids dresses. Beautiful wedding :)

• Raychelle October 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Beauuuuutiful!!!

• Olori October 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

At last a BN Wedding Feature. I love everything about this wedding. The Dresses, Cake, Decor. can’t wait for mine. Congrats to the Couple, May your Marriage continually be filled with Love and Happiness.

• Lani October 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I love her wedding dress. I love the white theme colour. I love the wedding cake. I love the fact that both parents walked her down the aisle. I love her wedding full stop.

• Bolu Adegborioye October 24, 2012 at 9:23 PM

ABSOLUTELY fell in love!!

• Bolu October 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM

ABSOLUTELY fell in LovE!

• Stephy October 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Awww, my lovely Akeshi, the wedding was really nice and she did the catering too(shes a fab cook).

• brittany October 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

i like the choice of colour for the braidesmaid’s dresses…
      very simple and stunning wedding

• Onyinye October 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Love them….and they really enjoyed themselves….Wishing them a happy married life

• Naomi October 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

awwww.really nice.like the simplicity and sheer elegance displayed.God bless your home.

• Bukki October 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Absolutely beautiful. I love the part where she seems to be inviting her father to dance. Beautiful.

• Love the cake and the black & white wedding gown shot. Would love to make that into a painting.

• Remi October 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

See Chicago peers are fab!

• konnie October 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM

This gown is exquisite and you make a beautiful bride. Good synergy. God bless your union

• Nikki October 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM

lovely and classy…Congratulations to the couple..God bless your home.

• Nikki October 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Lovely and classy…Congratulations to the couple, God bless your home.

• anike October 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

That cake is perfection

• NNENNE October 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

BN is one blogger, who knows her visitors…They want further wedding story,and you give it to them.Good job!
      BTW…Nice wedding.

• [...] Beautiful! Check out Pst Flo officiating a wedding in Chicago. Featured on BellaNaija http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/10/24/bn-weddings-akeshi-akins-stunning-chicago-fete/ [...]

• FyneGirl October 25, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Just fabulous!!!!! Yes Chicago we have class!!! Shout out to toks vision lovely video!

• maxy October 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

whaoooo the wedding dress is awesome. Jesus i want.

• Mssexy October 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM

i love d dad/mum walking d bride down d aisle, t shd always be like that mums suffer so much on their kids

i love d cake, it must be yummy

• adelegirl October 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Such a lovely wedding! Loved the bride’s shoes, dresses, jewelry, the cake, the bridesmaids’ dresses, the decor. Loved it all! And the photographer did such a great job. Congratulations to the couple and God bless their union.

• didikan October 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

this is what ave bn saying. u dnt need a huge crowd. dis is beautiful

• Mana October 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Wow money is GOOD, I love the wedding very classy!

• Debs October 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

OMG……..I love the cake.

• Omokhaiye October 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Akeshi Imogie…as she then was. Congratulations. Simple and lovely wedding.

• afolusho flowerpower October 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Absolutely beautiful wedding dress…nice to see Pastor Flo….

• Berry Choco-Latté October 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Awwwww. So pretty

• mama October 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

naija and effizy sha…….No dulling i tell you…….beautiful and classy, wish the couple marital bliss…..

• Africanshop October 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Wow!!! such a stunning couple and a lovely lovely cake

• Amber October 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I came across this post because I saw the first dress in a google image result. I’m searching for my dress for my wedding. I fell in love with the first one, and then I saw the reception dress! I think I might have to do this! Beautiful all around. Love both dresses, the colors, and the overall style.

• Kona October 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I was extremely excited to see my town Chicago represented on here. The wedding was an epitome of elegance. The bride looked stunning. The decor was extraordinary, and the cake was simply magical. Tastefully done!

• HRS October 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Beautiful and Classy! Love her gowns!!!! Esp the first, the bridesmaids looked very gorgeous! Well planned and put together,

I especially love this picture
      showing how close they are. God bless your union

• D Fairy GodSister October 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM

She looked stunning! God bless their home…

• Aibee October 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Please, apart from The Haven in GRA Ikeja, is there any other event hall in Lagos that uses this type of chairs? Or who knows any company that rents out this type of chairs? Please hook a sister up. I’m tired of all those cloth-covered chairs abeg and I want something like this for my wedding. Please reply to my comment if you have any klinks. Thank you.

• Ikunkun October 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

oh wow!!! It really does add something to your ceremony when you have these many beautiful people in attendance….ahn! ahn! wowo people don finish for Chicago o….
      Lovely lovely wedding by the way, the video is had me grinning like mumu for the most part,:-D
      God bless your home!

• irene October 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Seeing a cake i love so much for long on BN. Wishing them blissful marriage.

• wonu November 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

beautiful bride nice weddin congratz to dem d groom is kinda of shy.

• isoken November 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I can see a bit of kim kardashian’s wedding concept in this. Beautiful couple