The 2012 edition of the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) hosted by Nollywood stars, Nonso Diobi and Mercy Aigbe, took place at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos on Sunday 11th November 2012.

In attendance were some of Nigeria’s most loved entertainers including Uti Nwachukwu, Uru Eke, Joseph Benjamin and Alex Ekubo. The big winners of the night include Nse Ikpe-Etim for best actress in an English speaking role, Moyo Lawal for Revelation of the year, Alex Ekubo as the Most Promising Act, Joseph Benjamin as the best actor in an English speaking role and Uti Nwachukwu and Tonto Dikeh for Best Kiss in a Nigerian movie.

Just before BN brings all the official photos from the event, check out some snapshots and view the full list of winners.

First Photos

Alex Ekubo & Uti Nwachuwku

Joseph Benjamin & Uru Eke

2012 Best of Nollywood (BON) Awards Full List of Winners
Best Actor in a Leading Role (English) – Joseph Benjamin in Married But Living Single
Best Actress in a Leading Role (English) – Nse Ikpe-Etim in Phone Swap
Best Use of Costume in a Movie – Laide Bakare in Jejere
Best Kiss in a Nigerian Movie – Uti Nwachukwu & Tonto Dikeh in Broken Silence
Revelation of the Year – Moyo Lawal
Best Print Media Journalist – Biodun Kupoluyi of E-234
Special Recognition – Emem Isong, Tunde Kelani and Richard Mofe-Damijo

Photo Credit: Twitter

30 Comments on Joseph Benjamin, Nse Ikpe-Etim, Moyo Lawal & Alex Ekubo Win Top Awards at the 2012 Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) in Lagos – First Photos & Full List of Winners
  • faith November 13, 2012 at 11:27 am

congrats to the winners…

• X factor November 13, 2012 at 11:35 am

Best Kiss in a Nigerian Movie??????? hellooooo

• ima November 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

best kiss e kwa?…totally disappointed.

• Agbaya November 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm

U took the words right out of my mouth.

• Theodora November 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to uti, loving you everyday,

• Hi November 13, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Alex ekubo & uti nwachukwu are waxing stronger.

• gbeborun November 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm

*ahem* cough cough

• Fara November 13, 2012 at 1:46 pm

*singing* *****this love is unbreakable****

• ady November 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm

am tired of seeing this uti’s look abeg,be varsatile,there are other clothes u can wear now,not this single button jacket all the time,hahh!

• Peperempe November 15, 2012 at 2:40 am

Uti has very poor taste in clothes. His clothes are almost always too tight, in random colours and with the the predictable 1-button jacket . His lack of style is starting to rub off on Alex..Where is that green shirt coming from biko?

• Peperempe November 15, 2012 at 2:43 am

Sorry, not green but orange. Still totally random though.

• Retrochic November 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm

@Hi, you toook the words outta my mouth, LMAO, lets toast to a very budding relationship

• bibi fab. November 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm

best kiss????? R u kidding me… Is dis a prom award?

• nich November 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

nse finally clinched the award………….i knew her time would come

• Chattyzee November 13, 2012 at 3:55 pm

lol… Uti & Alex tho….Same style, Same pose… more pictures please….

• Ngozi November 13, 2012 at 4:13 pm

As soon as I saw the first photo with Alex Ekubo and Uti Nwachukwu I sighed and said ‘Again’ LOOOL

• Agbaya November 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Congrats to those that deserve the awards they were given.
    But Uti n Tonto best ??? for where, Ive seen that ‘broken silence movie and trust me, its not worth the hype, I almost cried at the way Nollywood is going..how can u put someone like that as a main character,he has a great fan base for ‘jara’ and bba’ doesnt make him a great actor, Uti’s acting was as terrible as his dreads…Horrendous…
    Im just fed up of all dese awards that hold no weight.copy -copy..MTV is giving ‘best kiss’ in hollywood to those that deserve it doesnt mean we should throw it to ‘all n sundry’…Btw, Im not hating. I used to be a big fan but not anymore.

• beefspotter November 14, 2012 at 1:09 am

heeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!!! seee beeeeef oooooo!!! ohhh myyy wooorrdd!!!! hahahahahahahahaha this is modt definately a failed actor/actress talking! kai these uti’s jealous friends wont kee us ooo…hahahahahahahah ….how can anyone call hbis dreds horrendous? or his acting?! (eberyone loves dat mvie) hahahahah..den e come talk jara and bba…mmm mmmnnn…hahahahahaha..my worrd Nigerians are wicked ooo…hahahahahahaha uti kpele o….we are proud of you! plus kudos to you nd alex for nt letting loosers destroy ur friendship..congrats to you both

• Lol November 14, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Uti Nwachukwu y so defensive? Is dat u? Go and sleep

• Agbaya November 15, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Haaaa on a second glance at this comment,I can see this is you UTI, ur such a bush baby boy, Leave ur fans to handle any ‘hater’, as u call them… Have u ever seen OmoT,Genny et al coming here putting up this kind of defence?Loki…
        Its definitely you,I used to be ur follower on twitter n I can spot the unique words like ‘kii’ in place of kill, ‘kpele’ in place of pele, May I also say that ur well known for posting comments without editing ur typo errors…..
        Go n sleep joor!

• Agbaya November 15, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Go n sleep joor n stop looking for ‘beef’ to spot.

• Ada November 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm

This is definitely Uti. LOL!! So sad.

• stacyb November 14, 2012 at 1:16 am

i know the people that wrote dis comment oooooo…lmao! lwkmd! uti watch ur back oo..ur oppressing too many punks…*singing in Evi Edna’s Voice*- jealoouusssyyy…tururururumm..jealousyyy tururururuuum…JEAAAAAALOOOUUUSSSSSYYYY, is dai root of Atred!…lwkmd ooooo!

• HRS November 14, 2012 at 7:30 am

Congratulations to the winners, Joe Benjamin, Nse, Femi, Tonto and the rest of them, Y’all deserve to be winners!!!!!

As for the organisers, what’s the sense behind “Best kiss in a Nigerian movie”?! Where in the world is that done?! It is good for u to begin a trend o, but bikonu, best kiss?! should actors compete in kissing in movies now?! Oma ga o!

• oma November 14, 2012 at 9:02 am

nigerians are goingb gaga

• Agbaya November 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

Beefspotter n StacyB,
    I would just like to tell you that I’m not in the entertainment industry. I dont even live in Nigeria, and I havent even visited in over 5years,just manage to keep up with these things, so stop pointing fingers at the wrong people
    U guys need to tell these actors the truth sometimes. I gave him the commendation for jara cause,even though I have never watched the program,I hear its making waves in Nigeria n ofcourse BBA, i caught up with it online. Now tell me where the jealousy is coming from?
    That ‘Broken silence’ movie is the worst Nigerian movie I’ve watched in a long time, failed attempt on Uti’s part(he should enroll in acting classes) the little boy is a star though, very brilliant actor.
    This is my 2cents,stick to yours while I do same