Earlier this month, the Nigerian fashion industry received a shocking news. 51 year old pioneer designer, Remi Osholake of design label, Remi Lagos was confirmed dead.

Remi Osholake, who has been a fundamental part of the Nigerian fashion industry with a career spanning over two decades, will be laid to rest this Friday in London, UK. The official burial details has now been released.

Lying in State & Viewing

Date: Friday 16th November 2012
Time: 5 PM – 7:30 PM
Venue: The Tapestry Room, The Gore Hotel, 190 Queens Gate SW7 5EX London, UK

Reception and Tribute
Date: Thursday 6th December 2012
Time: 6 PM
Venue: Landmark Event Center, Plot 3/4 Water Corporation Road, off Ligali Ayorinde, Victoria Island, Lagos

12 Comments on Renowned Nigerian Designer, Remi Osholake of Remi Lagos to be Cremated in London this Friday – Official Celebration of Life Details Released
  • adenike November 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

May her soul rest in peace. And may God console her loved ones.
    I’ll love to be cremated when I die also. I’ve always said this to those close to me.

• Eugenia November 14, 2012 at 2:26 pm

RIP.

• Tiyan November 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm

She carried the light of love everywhere she went. I will miss her simple and organic lifestyle dearly. My tribute http://www.tiyancooks.com/2012/11/simply-organic.html to her cannot even begin to describe her wonderful life.

• Motunrayo November 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

May he beautiful soul rest in perfect peace.

This is incredibly sad but also an important reminder that we should please please please go for annual comprehensive physical exams. I went for mine 4 weeks ago, discovered pre-cancerous cells in my cervix from a simple 5 min pap test and had it taken care of immediately the results came out.

Please women, regardless of how busy we are in our everyday lives, let us take time out to do this, our families and loved ones do not have to go through the pain like hers is doing at the moment.

May God comfort and console them and give them the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss. Amen.

• Motunrayo November 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

her*

• Tessa November 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Sweet lady, she will be missed. She was ever so talented

• tomi cleopatra osholakesam November 14, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Remi my inspiring, sexy sister, am going to miss you, just if you were alive to know how many thousands of peoples, adored and loved you, so did I, you sure are going to now massively contribute to the evolvement of the consciousness of nigerians, i know you are now climbing upwards into heaven, i most definitely am going to miss not hearing you call. may u rest completely in peace, and bring me fortune.

• tomi cleopatra osholake November 14, 2012 at 10:28 pm

we shall all miss you on this planet, especially your only sister adetomi

• @ajiriavae November 14, 2012 at 10:32 pm

R.I.P to a great talent and lovely person.

• Doks November 15, 2012 at 9:08 am

RIP and may God comfort your family

• debby 'baro November 15, 2012 at 3:52 pm

A wonderful lady who showed great talent in designing African wears. I pray that her family gets comfort from God.