Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 at 12:33 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Have you ever wondered how to get some of your favourite celebrities red carpet make-up looks? Well, look no further! BN Beauty brings you a step by step analysis of the star look of  Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde at the BEFFTA Film Icon award event.

Today,UK based make-up artist, Kemi Imevbore-Uwaga, the creative director of KemiKings Beauty gives us all the steps we need to know to achieve the actress’ fun, girly and edgy look.

FACE
For a youthful and fresh base, La Mer moisturising cream was massaged on the face to revitalise the skin and promote circulation. Boots No 7 shine free base was applied on the T-zone and brows. This is very essential if you have oily/combination skin. Go over with KKbeauty foundation primer and let it set for 10 seconds. Milani cover crème was used as a foundation and buffed into the skin. MAC studio finish concealer was applied to cover any imperfection and blended perfectly. A translucent powder was used to set the under eye and to achieve the velvety matte finish, MAC blot powder in dark was used on the T-zone only and the perimeters of the face was dusted softly with BlackUp sublime powder. For the soft sheen on Omotola’s cheeks, KKbeauty blush in Chaos was applied softly. To add extra dimension and structure to the face, Sleek contour palette in dark was used on the hollows of the cheeks, the corners of the forehead and her nose.

EYES
For those super sexy and fierce eyes, apply an eye shadow primer all over the lid and blend. Pat on YSL midnight black eye shadow up to the crease and blend a dark matte purple eye shadow in the crease to diffuse the harsh edges. Line the eyes with a black and purple kohl pencil, coat the lashes with L’oreal Voluminous False Lashes mascara and for that extra oomph, apply LYG lam wispy lashes. Omotola’s brows were carefully sculpted with Rimmel brow pencil in dark brown, set with KKbeauty brow powder in Auburn and highlighted with a concealer.

LIPS
Line lips with a deep berry lip liner like NYX Plum lip pencil and fill the lips, blot with a 1 ply tissue and re-apply. This will create a stain on the lips and ensure the colour lasts all day. Apply Revlon Balm stain in Bitten all over and for that girly pout, use L’oreal Glam shine lip-gloss on the centre of the lips.

HAIR
This edgy hairstyle is a variation of a Mohawk or beehive do. The secret to achieving this rock star hairstyle is all in the brush work and prep. Start by applying John Frieda serum all over the hair, curl hair using a 1” curling wand and pin in place to create height and hold. After 10 minutes, take off the pins and run fingers through the hair. Tip your head upside down, sweep up the hair and pin in sections until you reach the front. Also, sweep and smooth the sides of the hair and pin to create a fake Mohawk side. Now get creative, refine the tresses with a tail comb and pin into desired style. Blast hair with a mist of holding hairspray and voila, you’re good to go.

There you have it! How to achieve the style star look. Try it and send pictures to us at features(at)bellanaija(dot)com

Kemi Imevbore-Uwaga is based in the United Kingdom but available worldwide. She is the Head of Artistry at KemiKings Beauty. Visit www.kemikings.com | Twitter – @kemikingsmakeup | Facebook – Kemi the Makeup artist . Contact: info@kemikings.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 44 Comments on “Get Omosexy’s Picture Perfect Red Carpet Look! Make-Up Artist, Kemi Imevbore-Uwaga Shares the Steps”

Comments
    • Bukki November 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

OMG! This is a first of its kind! Thanks Bella for this write up…I am so going to get the loreal balm stain. My sister once told me about it.mthis is a confirmation. Kemi, you got a new customer in me. Omotola is beautiful.

• dami November 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

OMG!!! omosexy is simply amazingly beautiful, nice outfit there. I wonder how she keeps looking this lovely like she is not aging at all, congrats to her.

• david November 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM

hmmmm, even though my gf is not a celeb yet, i am sure she will be delighted to see this write up where her darling omotola is a perfect example on how to get this kinda make up look. nice look omosexy.

• sunday November 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM

she’s not just an actress, but a role model in all facets. Using her in this regard is what i agree with cos she has never seize to look ravishingly beautiful on any red carpet.

• Person pikin November 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Its not easy to be on the spot light fa!
      She didn’t tell us how long it took for the overall look. It takes me about 25 mins to get my make-up done and i feel its too long. If I have to do all this I might just get to a function when its nearly over.

• simisola November 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

talk about marriage amongst the celebs, she is that perfect example, now red caret look, she is still the perfect example, meeeeeeeeeeeennnnn omot you are too much

• adeola November 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

she’s is sexy and she rocks as always, nice write up BN and big up to my super celeb.

• tope November 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

when i first saw this picture, i was like wow! this is a real beauty that is next to none, her hairdo, dress, and face is just it for me.

• biola kazeem November 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

i have got to show my girl this write up, i love omotola so much and i want her to get her make up tips cos she does really look like her. Omotola’s hubby should be glad that he was fast enough, if not, i bet i would have married her before him lol.

• Stella November 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Wooow!!! I love the hair and makeup. Will definitely try this look. Please let’s have more of Omotola’s looks, she’s been looking hot lately.

• grace November 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I have always wondered where and how this gorgeous woman get to have this wonderful make up on whenever i see her on any red carpet event, cos she stunning is just how i always describe her look whenever i set my eyes on her. Love her look.

• folake November 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM

ok… does any one know where to purchase the La mer. Moisturizing cream in Naija as well as the No 7 shine free base.

Thank you.

• Mz Socially Awkward... November 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I saw “Le Mer” and gulped a bit… Le Mer aint cheap at all oh, retailing in the £150-£200 range per bottle. So I’m thinking in Nigeria, with added ‘import commissions’ it’ll probably be sold between N50,000 to N70,000 per bottle. However, if that explains the constant gorgeousness of Omotola’s face, I certainly see Nigerians buying out La Mer products in the not-distant future…

• Beauty R November 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM

hi folake…. I sell boots no 7. U can also check out http://www.orogoldcosmetics.com for facial creams like La Mer. They r luxury creams made with 24K Gold. To get in Nigeria, plz send a mail or call 08084681418

• LPS November 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Well done Kemi..Nice Job!!!

• chima November 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Una men, this woman no go kill person with her look wey fit make me go withdraw all my money just to spend on her if the chance dey. she too fine i swear… chaiiiiiiiiiii

• anjorin November 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

kemi i am sure going to heed to all you made mention here, i have got to look beautiful like my darling omotola, step by step i will follow the steps.

• angela November 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM

is there any like this diva? to me none cos she is one person i look forward that my child will follow her footsteps as she enter the Nollywood world, a perfect example for all children.

• williams November 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

omo no be small thing to dey maintain this kind beauty oooooo, her head dey there too much jooooorrrr.

• falowo November 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM

nice one kemi and am also glad that my role model is the perfect example for this, nice one.

• kayode November 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Good look, if it means for me to break the bank for any movie omotola features in, i will do it cos she is a darling to watch.

• aanu November 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM

maami ori yin wan be, kosi eni bi yin, eti lo wapa juuuuuuuu, you too fine.

• Jo November 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Omotola is too beautiful for all these busyness. There’s too much going on from her neck and up. She’s not a petite girl, so applying the principle of less is more will work the best for her. Hair and necklace are too busy, and the makeup is too much. Her lips and dress look great. Love the dress on her.

• tiffany November 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I absolutely love this. Omotola is the most beautiful actress and her makeup is always for me perfection! So this is nice. I leaarnt a thing or two myself and would apply when doing makeup I.e the no 7 shine free base. Never knew that and always wondered why my oily skin would misbehave always in pictures! Now I see the secret to taming that. Thank you kemi kings and Omosexy for this! Yah!

• Rosemary November 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Is that full picture of omoT live or photoshopped ? Wow, I sometimes here of people saying she should tone up bla bla bla…if that is truly a live picture , this lady is in good shape and even more in shape than a lot of single girls!

• Rosemary November 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Sorry *hear*

• Tincan November 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM

How lovely? If only I was this way inclined. Too much hard work – would probably only do this for my wedding, which is passed so I guess, I’ll stick to saying ‘how lovely’. Beautiful lady.

• to each his own November 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Really,really not feeling the hairstyle on her…not her kind of face

• huh? November 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM

“She is based in UK,but available all over the world” her as a person or her product? You mean,if I want her to make me up,and I’m base in Nigeria,she will come over,all expense paid by me?

• Glam November 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Omotola is an ageless beauty. Check out her outfit to the ELOY awards at;

• Victoria November 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Kemi Kings did an awesome job as usual.. Flawless and breathtaking! Omosexy looks even more radiant! Thumbs up Kemi

• Scarlet Xianne November 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

No doubt, she is beautiful but I she should tone down on the ‘omosexy’.

• Banke November 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

On someone else I’ll say there’s too much going on but it’s Omotola and she rocked it well.

Guys, don’t go broke trying to buy all the products o, use similar products you have.

• Kez November 28, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I want those lashes please? Where can I get the LY wispy glam lashes.

• Royal B November 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Kemi, you know Omotola is rich and is paying for the most expensive products to be used on her. Some of us can’t afford this oh! Don’t you think you should have put cheaper substitutes in your writeup? You people should not yab me o…Ehn hen…

• The nigerian scorpio November 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Gosh!!! she looks beautiful…
      thenigerianscorpio.blogspot.com

• M November 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Kemi well done, write up, make up, dress and hair on point. Neck piece is a no

• Liz November 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Fantastic work KemiKings!! This is stunning! Keep it up :)

• duran duran November 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM

omotola is like Vintage Wine. she keeps getting better each passing time. Kudos to her glam team as well. They understand her. she always looks fresh.

• Cynthia November 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Na wa, pls na wch time I wan use take do all these make up, and by the time I put all deses Awon orisirisi, I might just wake up the following day, with thousands of pimples, cos my skin is acne prone, nevertheless, awesome make up, wud try it for my wedding only.

• @ajiriavae November 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Make up, hair, jewellry, dress, all on point. One of her best looks, yet.

• onnari November 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Methinks her entire look is flawless,frm the makeup to her neckpiece

• asongwed samantha August 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM

chai omosezy now i knw y they cal you th

• asongwed samantha August 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

now i know why they cal you that name. girls do not go
      crazy trying to imitate