Cheating in relationships and marriages is always a hot topic where ever it is raised. It is no different here at BellaNaija. But when the topic is taken away from cyberspace and to the streets, it brings a different dimension.

iROKTV took the question, “Why do men and women cheat in relationships?” to the streets and received a range of interesting responses from Nigerians. Some justified it saying it was normal while others kicked against it. A mix of celebrities like Rukky Sanda, Kween, DEAL, DJ big’N and other Nigerians on the streets were asked the question. Check out their interesting responses in the video below.

So, what do you think about their responses? If you were to be asked the same question, why do men and women cheat in relationships?

54 Comments on BN Bytes: Why Do Men & Women Cheat In Relationships? iROKTV asks Rukky Sanda, Kween & other Nigerians
  • morris December 18, 2012 at 8:35 pm

what happened to speaking good english……”Mens”…..” before you can see any ladies that cheat on guy” gunshot everywhere

• Mrs G December 19, 2012 at 2:39 am

lmfao!!!! as in i don’t get it o….i almost passed out…hehehe

• oyda December 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm

abeg.. chill with all this criticism.. at least you understand what the person was saying!!. Enjoy yourself

• MissOzzzzz December 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Wallahi, I thought my earpiece was malfunctioning…lol

• Amanda Vaughn December 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm

LOL at some of the response

• Na truth I talk December 18, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Funnuy enough, there was a consensus that women only cheat when they’ve either been cheated on or aren’t taken care of properly. Men cheat because……

• Dollz December 18, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Chai ….I like that “pastor” mehn…lol

• Joan December 18, 2012 at 9:17 pm

The grammar cracked me up more than the actual responses did! LMBO!

As far as cheating goes, everybody has their own wahala jor lol

• moi December 18, 2012 at 9:17 pm

personally i think cheating is a choice. If you cheated on your spouse, its because you wanted to. I dont believe in mistakes..were u asleep when you were pulling off your clothes??

• Tunmi December 19, 2012 at 6:19 am

I agree with you. For both parties, you wanted to.

• sarafina December 18, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Oh no! Wait!!!!!!! Some Mens? Werks away…….

• iamfascinating December 18, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I love Kween’s songs.

• deedee December 18, 2012 at 11:42 pm

English suicide everywhere, na wa o…..

• oyda December 19, 2012 at 6:15 pm

na u sabi. tell mr and mrs presildent to improving educasion.. hehe

• Amanda Vaughn December 19, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Oh My goodness. Like seriously you can’t compose a proper sentence.

• Nigga_Plz December 20, 2012 at 1:57 am

Amanda Vaughn, “Like seriously you can’t compose a proper sentence.” is not a proper sentence.

• oyda December 20, 2012 at 2:02 am

Aunty Amanda, I can compose a single sentence. “Hehe” after a sentence or statement usually indicates that it was a joke or that the sentence should be taken light heartedly. Inability to compose a sentence in “English”(the unofficial language in Nigeria) does not make anyone less human, I hope “English scholars” here all clear about that. We make too much noise on cyberspace about the issue of who can or cannot speak proper “English” in Nigeria, so much so that we forget about the population of Nigerians who are not properly educated or whose parents could not afford to send their children to elaborate schools. Try telling the average struggling Nigerian that they cant speak proper English, you will quickly understand the word “priority”… as long as they can communicate: you understand them, they understand you then communication has occurred.

So before we all get lost in our technology and internet savy unrealistic world, remember those Nigerians who are not yet part of this world. I dare to call them privileged: because they have not been affected by the DAMN FOREIGN ACCENT SYNDROME! and do not feel inferior because they are Nigerians or feel the need to sound a certain fake way! They are so privileged.

As I said earlier, enjoy yourself ! I will do the same

• MissOzzzzz December 20, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Wallahi, I thought my earpiece was malfunctioning…lol

• Creamy_Amie December 19, 2012 at 12:55 am

@ moi, I agree wit u.
    People cheat in their relationships cos they chose to do so, simple!!!

• Mrs G December 19, 2012 at 2:38 am

nawa for some of d ‘gbagauns’ in dis short clip o! chaiiii….and for that pastor what d hell was he on about? *confused face*

• chiddy December 19, 2012 at 2:42 am

smdh wht????????? are u kidding me? Nigeria has turned into a varbing speaking country. cant even speak english fluently.

• purplepearl December 19, 2012 at 3:52 am

Hahahahaha they murdered english

• mide December 19, 2012 at 5:11 am

hilarity!!!
    for real tho’ i believe its a choice….. everyone wants to eat their cake and have it…

• no abuse me o December 20, 2012 at 11:56 am

have their cake and eat it too…

• AMEBO December 19, 2012 at 5:47 am

ina mehn Thank God for that last chick mehn…. i was begin to feelings that there was no more good English spokers in Nigerians

• CEO December 19, 2012 at 6:13 am

Gunshot ina da air…what y’all saying? Nigeria…..(edris voice)…mehn serious gunshots. ahn ahn! “Stuffs” what is that?

• Saffy December 19, 2012 at 7:23 am

Nigerians need to learn how to speak proper english! Gosh!

• Brandigest December 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

English: murdered and buried…. I rest my case

• Retrochic December 19, 2012 at 9:55 am

And i thought that english was our lingua franca, choi, those fine ladies even with thier brazillian hair cant speak english, *smh, that rukky sanda, take style and advertise her movies, and my favourite coment was from the last chic, she make sense

• OLA December 20, 2012 at 2:19 am

Brazillian hair is not an indication of any thing.. you can put it on a monkeys head, it will not start solving algebra! Gbam

• lucy888 December 19, 2012 at 10:16 am

this rukky sanda need to hide her face somewhere far away from the tv.

• babious December 19, 2012 at 10:44 am

ROTFL.

• Miriam December 19, 2012 at 10:59 am

And we get pissed, when univeristies in some countries ask for TOEFL or IELTS. To apply for a work visa some countries want to see a pass grade in English. If you go on UKBA’s website and check the list of officlally recognised English speaking countries, Nigeria is not on there. Ghana is on the list, Jamaica is on the list, and I’m not sure, but Barbados and/or Bahamas are also on the list. I’ve heard people say, this should not be, especially from a UK government body, since we were colonised by Britain, but I’m afraid, watching this interview just confirms how poor our level of English is.

• oyda December 20, 2012 at 2:17 am

Damn that list, English is the least of our problems in Nigeria!!! seriously. Colonial shit! We are Nigerians and we need no approval!!. We existed before colonial masters and we are still in existence. When will we stop comparing ourselves to West Countries! It is sickening.

If I must say, Well we are probably not on the list because most of the people that get involved with this so called British immigration are people who are so fed up with the system in Nigeria and are so desperate to leave the country. Usually the poorly educated or feel like there is no equal opportunity in Nigeria.

Please please guys, don’t get caught up in shit talk!!! Please that we were colonised by the British does not mean that everything British is now Nigerian. It is unrealistic thinking. Get used to the fact that we will still have “Nigerian accents forever” . As for standard of English in the country – it is complicated.. there is still strong poverty, families that cant afford education or even further education, then the few existing public school are totally neglected by the government…untrained unpaid teachers etc.. You all know these things, I don’t need to spell them out

so the next time , you try to demean honest, harmless average Nigerians. Think again and remind yourself: THIS IS NIGERIA, THIS IS WHAT NIGERIANS SOUND LIKE, GET USED TO IT!!!!!!

• Adedoyin December 19, 2012 at 11:05 am

Lmao @ some mens…..Lobatan…..

• day_zee December 19, 2012 at 11:28 am

Rukky is just too fake sorry.

• ayaas December 19, 2012 at 11:30 am

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Iffy December 19, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Oh oh ya oh! Rukky Sanda you would have just left your whole darn mouth open and talked at the same time,so we can see the tounge ring better.*irritant*.

To the matter at hand…men cheat cos they want to.Women cheat cos they’ve been cheated on or think they are being cheated on.We can have a whole lifetime argument about this but the truth is in 99% every cheating woman is a direct or an indirect result of an unrepentant, two timing, lower than the scum of the earth cheating man.

• Chi December 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Educational standards have gone to the dogs in this country. Gbagaun International!

• Elebiju December 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Chi where is your sense of culture and heritage,when will our people stop promoting foreign languages and culture at the detriment of our rich ones?do we have to write or speak more than the english,what matters most is communication and thank God u understand the message she passed,I think u should join the dogs with ur educational standard,pathetic wannabe

• Zinky December 20, 2012 at 1:37 am

My dear even the Chinese who study medicine in their language make better effort to speak english correctly. Nigeria is an English speaking nation and its very sad that these people can’t put a common sentence together. Most of them would have studied at a university or poly for at least three years. I don’t know how an educated person who went to primary school can say mens. That is unforgivable.

• Benson December 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Ladies cheat most at times when they are not properly taken care of.Some are just materialistic.Others choose to do it just to catch fun.I also think that is a matter of choice.I disagree with the notion that they cheat because of bad English.Lie.

• Phaytea December 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Hhahahaa…some men’s are greedy….rolling

• AW December 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm

D Ingrish!

• bullet proof December 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Shelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ada December 19, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Insatiable desires. People wonder how men can cheat on women like Halle Berry or Eva Longoria but the funny thing is that beauty has never been equated with fidelity. Once you’ve “conquered” and gotten the woman you’re in a relationship with, what’s next? The thrill is in the chase and unfortunately it’s a lot harder to maintain it once the chase is over. If you want to be a faithful partner, you really have to consciously put in an effort to limit situations that you will probably be tempted in and openly communicate with your partner about what you want. Check out my new post lovelies! http://www.adainprogress.blogspot.com

• lisa December 19, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Men amu no fit sit aside trouser e be like bluetooth wey dey find connection men cheat more its hard for a woman to cheat, b4 a woman cheats on you it means you might have treated her so badly.

• Khafeel December 20, 2012 at 7:13 am

sometimes, its a problem of uncontentment and greed, at other times, it could be disatisfaction with the spouse, lack of affection and friendship or even ssexual disatisfactio. And for some others, its typicaly a case of addiction. Even if all was going well, and the had the most amazing relationship, they’d still cheat.

the2013biz.blog.com

• phoenix December 20, 2012 at 12:06 pm

@ADA you are incisive,i love your comment.the issue is beyond the scope of this forum beccause the vast proportion of people cheat irrespective of genda.we all know how it goes.however,the gal in question has no justification for murdering english language.our kids are reading and we all learn eachday.

• just me December 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Relationship is not examination,I wonder y pple cheat?

• B December 20, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Oooooo see now the shelling has crashed my music unlimited player!! DThis is not on joh! People people pls if in doubt, speak pidgin simples!!

• Tincan December 20, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Nigerians are naturally funny. I laughed so much at this video. It’s not just the attempts at speaking the English language, but the mannerisms, the way we laugh… we are just funny. Check out the first lady to speak (and dressed in blue) ‘satisfy on bed’ and then promptly finished her argument with a wink. Lmho…

• omototun December 21, 2012 at 3:38 am

hahahaha…I enjoyed the video jare!!abeg free them ,these are everyday Naija people…My laptop was about to **bellanaija catchafire** with that pastor mehn…I was almost sure he’d start speaking in tongues o…simple queshun, he turn am to endtime message…lmao. Na wa sha, Rukky Sanda’s face reminds of something infectious…I don’t know why she looks soo shoddy with all her money…o ga o.

• PH Boy December 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

… on my way to the hospital to receive treatment for gunshot wounds. Their English fit kill person! The govt of Nigeria should bow their head in shame.