On Monday 10th of December 2012, Bestman Games – authorized distributor of customized editions of Monopoly in Africa (excluding South Africa) held a press conference at The Wheatbaker Hotel, Lagos.

Panelist included CEO, Bestman Games, Nimi Akinkugbe, Winning Moves executives, Louis Frenkel (Owner), Thomas Liddell (MD) and Peter Griffin (Development Director). Also present were sponsors, First Bank of Nigeria Plc represented by Folake Ani-Mumuney, GTBank’s Lola Odedina and the DG, LASRAB (Lagos State Records and Archives Bureau)  Bolaji Uthman.

Straight after the press conference, Bestman Games was invited by The Nigerian Stock Exchange who are one of the landmarks on the board to ring the bell to signify the close of the day’s market.

After the ceremony, plaques were presented to Bestman Games and its sponsors by the Chief Executive Officer of the NSE, Oscar Onyema.

Tuesday 11th of December saw the launch of the much anticipated City of Lagos Edition of the Monopoly game.

The stage was set at the City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Onikan. The Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola and the first lady, Abimbola Fashola were in attendance. The Governor unveiled a life size version of the board by throwing a pair of Monopoly dice set to a confetti display.

The roll call of guest was inspiring as dignitaries and public figures came out to support the launch of the first African city edition – The City of Lagos Edition.

Here are some pictures from the 2-days of activities:

The Launch

At the  Nigerian Stock Exchange

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

19 Comments on “It’s Game Time” Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola Unveils the “City Of Lagos Edition Of Monopoly” | Photos & Scoop from the Launch in Lagos
  • Soraya December 19, 2012 at 10:20 am

I see so many familiar faces here- the who is who of Lagos society!

PS- terrorists don’t target Lagos and kidnappers don’t target Lagos, which means that there is surely something that Lagosians are getting right that the rest of the country are not! Kudos to their governor

• Debs December 19, 2012 at 10:27 am

Egole? lol

• Ms. Jayee December 19, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Well done Nimi Akinkugbe

• Amebo December 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm

This people should stop kidding us abeg! Monopoly is not a popular game in Nigeria, why all this noise over it?

• e-bukun December 19, 2012 at 8:15 pm

er….depends on your crowd. I grew up playing Monopoly. My father is in the banking industry and used it to teach my siblings and I about investing. Also I played with family friends every chance we got, so in my mind it’s pretty popular.

• angel December 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm

see my fine oga ooooo,mr ajumogobia.

• ejogene December 19, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Is that Gen. Azazi is see? Lord life is truly a stage. Beautiful event everyone dressed well. It is really a breath of fresh air from the red carpet “regulars”. Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year to all BN readers/commenter and the wonderful BN team.

• Kenny December 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Misplacement of priority, in the mist of abject poverty a fool is talking about monopoly. What the ordinary Lagosians need is the basics of life which the leaders fail to provide. I no some will argue that the governor is trying compare to other state governors, in little is true but when i see things like this “MONOPOLY ” I wonder if that is what the ordinary people need right now. This is holiday season, trust me we have a lot of people that will go without food clothing etc for their family and i just think that is what he as a governor should focus on.

• Style@atl December 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm

So tell me what rail stations naija has?

• Phantom December 19, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I see the late. Gen. Azazi. This life is so fickle. I really liked his quiet mien, though i never met him. May God grant his people the fortitude to bear the loss and teach those of us left to number our days and apply our hearts unto wisdom.

• Couture By Makioba December 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

soooo good to see my fellow Kalabari people in wonderful gatherings…. one big happy family

• Bleed blue December 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm

BN so you’re seriously going to just ignore my last two comments? Wow! Ok! The 4th estate of the realm….I salute you oh!

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com December 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Thanks for the correction. We typically do not publish comments which are directed at the BN Team – we take the feedback, make necessary updates and that’s it. However, we sincerely appreciate you.

• Bleed blue December 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Awwwww ok in that case, I vex no more. Hugs and kisses! Love you mucho! :)

• ij December 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm

it did make me wonder how popular monopoly is with all this hullabaloo , i didn’t even think people played board games like ludo , snake & ladder and the likes anymore in Naija.

• intheoverseas December 19, 2012 at 4:47 pm

So you mean all these people here are gathered because of monopoly??? Priorities sha

• Goodnessme! December 19, 2012 at 5:25 pm

My Favourite Game in the world i can not wait to add the Lagos edition to my Collection!

• Idak December 19, 2012 at 5:36 pm

With all due respect to Mrs. Akinkugbe, a woman i truly admire, this is nothing but some elitist crap!!
    To believe two top banks are backing this? If this was not an idea floated by Nimi Akinkugbe i wonder if the banks would have let the pitcher of such an idea last another minute.
    Who plays board games in Nigeria,by the way?
    Has Fashola got nothing better to do with his time?
    Go to these same banks with ideas that will impact the lives of more Nigerians and they will be speaking incomprehensible grammar.

• Anon December 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Couldn’t have said it better! Absolute utter crap!!!