Rumours about the breakup of the management relationship between Nigerian superstar Davido and his longtime manager, Asa Asika have been intense over the last week.

Though all the chatter had been speculative, it has now been confirmed by both parties that Davido and Asa are no longer working together. While rumours about the reasons for their split vary from “money matters” to “simply moving on”, only Davido and Asa know the full story. According to theNetNG, the official line from HKN is “HKN feel he should have stronger management’,” while Asa’s camp says “Although they have parted ways, it was amicable and they remain friends with a mutual respect for one another.

Davido rise to fame with Asa’s support was a really positive example of talent and youthful resourcefulness working well together. From an unknown teenage musician and young manager, to an African superstar. They did well.

Here is an official press release on Asa’s next steps.

Asa Asika is a very well known name in the entertainment industry; in Africa and beyond. He is a hardworking driven young man whose meteoric rise in the entertainment industry is unprecedented.

Identifying his passion for entertainment at a young age and gifted with networking and project management abilities, he honed his skills under the tutelage of his uncle, Obi Asika the Storm 360 CEO for a period of about five years.

At Storm he became involved in all aspects of the business of entertainment and this enabled him understand how best to eventually manage upcoming artists and lead them to stardom. During his time at Storm he worked on the following shows and with the following artistes – The Homecoming with MTN, For The love of music concert with Samsung, Asa at The Palms, eLDee, Ikechukwu, Naeto C, Sasha P, to mention a few.

In an attempt to diversify and become involved in other profitable business opportunities, he forayed into the bar/nightclub industry by becoming involved with the popular club Rehab. His immense drive and popularity contributed to the incredible success of the club, making it one of the most frequented venues in Lagos.

Asa Asika is most probably best known today as the manager of the artiste known as Davido- whose growth from aspiring musician to one of the biggest artists in Nigeria he undoubtedly contributed immeasurably to. Although they have parted ways, it was amicable and they remain friends with a mutual respect for one other.

Asa has since moved onto other projects and is set to break more ground in worldwide showbiz.

20 Comments on Yup! It’s Official, Davido & Manager, Asa Asika have parted ways – Find Out What Next for the Young Execs
  • Idak January 3, 2013 at 6:49 pm

This blog is beginning to look like it is suddenly being targeted at teenagers.
    How is this relevant? It is not like it is DBanj/Don Jazzy break up.
    Stop hyping these kids beyond there present location.

• Amazeballs! January 3, 2013 at 7:17 pm

LOOL! you cracked me up Idak!

• kiki January 3, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Dear Idak, It is news.
      Kids or not, they have achieved a lot.
      Whether you like it or not, these “kids” have worked very hard and their split IS NEWS.

• R January 4, 2013 at 3:37 am

These “teenagers” as you put it are significant players in an industry BN caters to. Also, these guys are very accomplished young men.

I’m sure they’d both do well in the future endeavours

• nike January 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm

looool :)

• The Kinkster January 3, 2013 at 7:47 pm

K…..

• Olufunmi January 3, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Lmao kids indeed..
    YCFOnline.com

• Remi January 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Asa deserves all the hype! Dude has worked really hard. Wish him all the best.

• style@atl January 3, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Dump heads talking on bellanaija while kids (as u call’em) are cashing in millions! empty heads, are kids all over the world not running things n making millions? d facebook account you keep, isn’t it a kid ruling over you by owning it…sit ur ass up behind ur pc n keep calling’em kids, Moron!!

• Idak January 3, 2013 at 10:03 pm

everything for you na millions and billions. In your world everything is defined by millions. Slightly myopic way of looking at things.
      By the way you assumption of a facebook account is erroneous. That you have one does not mean everyone has one. Not that there is anything wrong with it.
      I will ignore that insult you threw in at the end. This is a new year and i plan not to exchange insults with kids like you.

• Austine Da Whizchap January 4, 2013 at 8:26 am

Dear Idak,

Myopic? Hmmm….I Think Its You Who Have A View On These Issues.

I Dont See Hype in the Way BN Presented These Facts. If You Have Issues With Yourself, Better Go Sort Them Out Before Venting Out Your Ignorance.

Best Regards!

• Straight off The Boat January 4, 2013 at 1:22 am

Interesting…. O_o

• TimiNY January 4, 2013 at 2:28 am

Nice one Idak…so mature.

• Ada di ora January 4, 2013 at 3:27 am

I must admit even here in Yankee, I couldnt run away from hearing Davido’s songs, because he is pretty much mentioned everywhere and I got curious. I havent been to Nigeria in 3 yrs, and he wasnt known then, and now I see the name while googling Nigerian songs. I dont know him or Asa, but I am impressed on how they were able to create something substantial in a culture where everyone appears to be a singer. At his young age of 22, Asa can only climb higher and build upon this foundation. He already has a strong network and has shown himself capable of developing young talent, so I wouldnt sleep on the “kid”.

@Idak, I wouldnt be quick to label them kids, and more of an insult, that does nothing to help build and stimulate growth among the youth. As an adult, that is what we all should be doing in order to pull Nigeria forward.

• skodax January 4, 2013 at 8:05 am

@Ada abeg make una stop all this crap….this guys have all done well but hearing him all over yankee is so lame to say maybe among the nigerian community sha….like i said this young men have all worked hard and done well but sometime the hype is just way more than they actually deserve or worth.

• Ada di ora January 6, 2013 at 7:15 am

Thats what I mean. Look what I am saying is that I dont own a Davido track, never listened to a complete song from start to end via youtube, but I cant deny that I have no idea who he is. I dont even hang around Nigerians, spent more time outside Nigeria than inside, but he is on every Nigerian entertainment website out there.

• Idak January 4, 2013 at 11:18 am

Dear Austine Da Whizchap,

Happy New Year to you.

Best Regards,

• x factor January 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Davido we know, Asa We Know……Idak…(Hmmmm lips sealed)

• Mr Davido_Asa January 6, 2013 at 9:21 am

Nice resume for Asa right there…is he looking for job? Thought he has moved on…..

• merry xmas BN readers January 7, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I luv ur point@Mr Davido Asa…nice resume indeed! I just love the narrative part of who Asa is,never knew untill now,well BN,for always giving us complete gist,best Blog ever.As for Idak,I just don’t know who he/she is in real life,he must have gone through lot of pain in his/her life,hence the venom…