Posted on Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 1:43 PM

By BellaNaija.com

What is LoveWhat is Love Naija
“What is Love?”

Find out what our Nigerian celebrities had to say when asked this question. From Banky W, M.I, Waje, Matse, Dolapo Oni, Praiz, Chigurl and many more.

By the way, Tiwa was joking! She says “Love is Love, Love is Pure, Love is Sincere, Love is Beautiful!

The video is a viral video promo for a Soul Muzik show taking place in February 2013. On an unrelated note, What camera was used to film this? Everyone looks extra fine!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 41 Comments on “Tiwa Savage says “Love is Money”! Find Out What Nigerian Celebs Banky W, Matse, Waje & Dolapo Oni had to say when asked “What is Love?””

Comments
    • ejogene January 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I agree! 100% what is love without money?

• Abana January 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Before commenting on this post, I quickly asked some of my white friends what love is. None of them are christians but still no one mentioned money! Nigerians are on a whole other level. With all the bible we read everyday, we can still say love is money?
        To Nigerians
        Love = money
        Success = money
        Career = money
        Achievement = money
        Joy/Happiness = money
        Marriage = money
        Satisfaction/Contentment = money
        I am not saying money is not important. But to Nigerians everything is money. I don’t know if its because 70% of our population live in poverty or if its because the remaining 30% think money can buy them anything they want. Whatever the case may be, if the only word people can use to describe love is money, then we are in trouble.

• naijalove January 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM

she said tiwa was joking……..did you read the rest of the post? and yes it is becuase over 70% of the population is in poverty…..dont blame the average nigerian for prioritising money and wanting to provide a better life for themselves…blame the useless government that doesnt provide basic things and not every Nigerian thinks money is everything! and what difference does it make by you asking your white friends? of course they wouldnt say money as I am sure they are not living in poverty are they? different societies, different situations and struggles in life!

• Osho January 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM

@ naijalove….. with you justifying why love can be/ is money, its no wonder our society is so twisted and in such a mess.

• wait January 11, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Hmmm…so, you consider them to be the best people to give you the definition of what love is?

• HABBA January 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Abeg white women love money also so please go and sit down. white people never have to worry about money. for the most part their countries are stable and they can get bank loan anytime. in nigeria we dont get credit for car, u have to pay it fully. this is why people always worry about money. so all this of white people, white women dont think about money is a flawed argument.

• GreenDiamond January 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Hahaha..my tiwa luks beautiful..I would ve expected banky to know smh so all doz yes nd no nah lie smh..Abeg God is love! D rest nah iono sef

• Retrochic January 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

NICE CONCEPT, THOSE GUYZ R BRILLIANT, NOW I WUD BE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 17TH FEB, SHIOR

• Retrochic January 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

i love CHI geh, sheez jst too funny, love dolapo oni too, btw can someone pls tell Banky W and Clarence P, to pls fire thier stylist, banky w’s look serzly gives me the chill.

• Person pikin January 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

“Love is when somebody make you a mumu”………………lol, i can relate!

• Benson January 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I disagree,Love is not Money.God is love shikena

• Ginika January 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Here is my theory, Money is a god! Why you ask? Because money can do to a man’s heart what God is meant to do but it is fickle and not constant. Money can move and change the conditions of a man’s heart (if you allow it too). It can make a person favour you, it can buy a person’s love, it can obtain respect from others, it can make a person fear, laugh, happy and feel secure. However, God should be the one having such effects on us, He is constant and doesnt change so connecting to God as a source means that your source will never run dry or change. We as humans are very tempramental, one moment we are happy, next we are sad but when we step out of our selves and focus on the one who is constant, we become stable.

God is love. When you step out of yourself and focus on the other person- in a way where you emulate the love that Christ showed, unconditional- it then goes beyond feelings and becomes a lot more stable and even deeper. When you love the RIGHT person by caring and showing it regardless of if at that moment they are annoying you, it cultivates a different type of love, deeper than those butterflies that die after a few months.

• Papa January 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I agree with you but, God is not love. God is a being. What you can say is that God represents love. Love is a choice. We choose who we love, when love, and how we love. People love God because of the promise of salvation and heaven. People love money because we live in a world where we need food, drink, clothes, shelter etc… So your metaphor that “Money is a god” is correct.
        For all those hating on Nigerians for loving money, don’t hate the player… Word of the day is balance. We need balance in our lives.
        Ginika, I love you.

• Purpleicious Babe January 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM

agreed God is Love. People need to read 1st Cor Ch 13. If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

In response to some of the answers in the video.I need to clarify LOVE IS NOT A FEELING ( i refuse to write an essay) lol.
        Physical attraction causes one to get all high on emotions. What am I saying, the gooey feeling, butterflies etc is all attraction etc. Nothing more.

If you want to go deep and talk about Love. then I assure you we will stay up all night. I will say this, the way we love depends on our motives, state of mind and ideologies.

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

• Ginika January 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Mehn, I should write a BOOK :)

• mamadmama January 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Lol – Go on girl – ginger yourself and get some loving money. hehe

• mizz curly January 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Ebuka”s smile!!!!!lawwhaaammmeeerrrccyyyyyy!!!marryyy meee pleaseee???dats all I sawww!wow!

• flo January 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

i dey feel you my dear!

• lps January 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

funny..

personalstuvs.blogspot.com

• nich January 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

@ginika…u are right but does it mean that love can never exist without money………….i have noticed that nigerian girls place money b4 love…..

• Hannah January 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM

And how many of them live a peaceful, meaningful and fulfilled life? Anyone who puts money above anything else will always be a slave to money and no amount of money will ever be enough and they’ll always be unsatisfied.

• hananh January 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

• Ginika January 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM

@nich,it depends on what your priorities are and what do decide to move you.
        TO your question: “does it mean that love can never exist without money?” Why do we need money soo much? Because money can get you both what you want and need (and even what you dont need or want). To be emotionally satisfied is one area or aspect of your life, but there are other areas like mental needs- the need to be mentally stimulated, physical needs – the need to be physically stimulated, spiritual needs and there are also basic human needs like food, clothing and shelter; and love alone cannot satisfy all those areas.

Money can get you your basic needs -food etc- but these days money is used to sort every single thing out including your spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, basic etc it has become a god! To each area of our lives we need to continually strive to achieve that we need first, and want later.

So does that mean we shouldnt get money? Nope, it is a means of exchange. Money should be used to satisfy our basic needs and with regards to the other areas of our lives, is a self discovering journey as to what satisfies us/you.

FINAL ANSWER – You define what will be enough for you as a person but when your basic needs are not fulfilled and the different aspect, you feel unfulfilled, you begin to dislike yourself and that causes problems in the relationships you have.

Mattew 6 v 33- God creates opportunites like He does for the birds of the air, they dont sow neither do they reap; but they work hard flying about building nests and when they are hungry the stop to eat wherever and drink water. my point is that money is essential but dont have sleepless nights over it. LOL

I.CAN.TALK,SHA.

• Bey January 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

yimU

• Hadiza January 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Aunty Tiwa, you are right jor! Love is money ojare!

• W January 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM

CHI GURLLLLL LMAO

• Peaches January 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

i agree wit Ginika. I believe True love goes beyond dat goose-bump feeling u feel everytym ur with that person. its deeper,its un conditional and self less. wen all those physical chemistry wears off, it is that which kips u goin. It is Commitment…It is everlasting

• adenike January 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Let’s just pretend we all didn’t see the rock on Tiwa’s left hand.

• nene January 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

the camera makes everyone look amazing, except Waje. chi gurl is too funny.

• ola January 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM

tiwa on point

gistyinka.com

• Ade January 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

@ Abana, God bless you.

• despy January 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I am sic and tire if being sick and tired of people generalising and saying “WE NIGERIANS”. Seriously what gives you the right to put over 100 million people in the same box( when identical twins are not even the same). We have the whole world givin Naijas a bad rap all over the world. We do not need to do the work our selves …..thank you very much. I consider every Nigerian as my brother and sister. Face to face, I would say it as it is to Nigerians………….however on an web page no. Common guys our country needs investors………yes and I tell you what Americans, British etc Never ever talk about themselves this way. Talk about corruption check out the British MP scandal on “expenses”. There is corruption all over just methodology differs. …………quit saying negative stuff about Nigeria…….remember “The power of life and death is in ….the TONGUE . and by the way the Tiwa was joking …………..

• Cool cat January 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

if you like, marry taxi driver but in this world we have found ourselves, anyone who in the name of love brings a child to life and cannot provide for that child is wicked. its akin to not checking your genotype before marriage or having kids. if you want to do poverty love, its ok but make sure you have money when you want to start raising kids

• Elizabeth January 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I AGREE

• ikunkun January 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Crad!!!! its valentines day again????!!! arrrghh! Father please let this cup pass over me! :/

• Tiey Rex January 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM

ROTFLMHO!

• Jhaye January 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LOL!!! I feel you die!! I’m going into hibernation on February 1st and will re-emerge on February 21st!

• All things nice January 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I love love love love love love Dolapo Oni!

• Naza January 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM

wow! I actually just talked about this in my blog. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. my definition of love can not be the same thing as someone else’s. even if we don’t agree with what some of them are saying, it’s their opinion.
      By the way check out my blog, like and ask questions
      askanigeriannow.blogspot.com

• Kween January 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM

This was at Bez’s concert!

• EB January 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Love is love and it is beautiful wen it is genuine