Posted on Saturday, January 12th, 2013 at 11:16 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Toyin-Aimakhu Adeniyi Johnson
It’s set to be another year of celebrity weddings! Nollywood actress Toyin Aimakhu is a leading star in the Yoruba movie sector of the Nigerian movie industry. On the 31st of December 2012, fellow actor Adeniyi Johnson proposed to Toyin.
The actress shared love story including details on how they met and how Niyi proposed in a recent interview with Ademola Olonilua of Punch Newspaper.

Click to read the extensive interview via Punch Newspaper online

On How Niyi Makes Her Feel
When you ask me about Niyi I feel like flying. I love him, he is my joy, and my friends make jest of me a lot with him. If I want to eat I call him; if he wants to do anything he calls me. We talk all the time.

How Toyin & Niyi Met
Niyi is my junior colleague but three years older than I am. I saw him in a movie and I was impressed by his acting. As seniors in the industry, when we see upcoming acts we make our observations. There is a tradition in the Yoruba movie industry, even if you are a 50-year-old person and I am 20-years-old but I got to the industry before you, you give me my respect. That is Yoruba culture. I am 29-years-old. By looking at him I knew he was older than me.

The “First Attraction”
He wanted to talk to me but I was not interested because he is my junior colleague. Fortunately, Funke Akindele called me for a job, “Oro Omo“. On getting to the set, he played my boyfriend. I would not lie, I liked him. When I saw him on set he came to me and said he is playing my boyfriend, I did not sound excited about it. I kept my cool. I asked him to walk me to my car, he was talking to me and I know he liked me, he took pictures with me. On set we were supposed to kiss, he had opened his mouth but I did not indulge him.

The Next Level – How They Got Closer
When they stole my car, it gave everybody a reason to talk with me. He started talking to me and I was impressed by his intelligence. I told him I had seen him in Tinsel and he does a lot of soaps. His command of English is beautiful and that attracted me more to him. I saw a book with him and I loved it because I also love reading books. When he told me he likes me and wanted to date me I asked if he was on cheap drugs. He just sent me a text, ‘I did my findings and I am three years older than you, I know you don’t date for money and you don’t do married men. I love you’. I was like who is this and I disregarded the text.

The First Kiss
We later became friends and on my birthday, we were the only ones in the sitting room, people were outside. He told me he wanted to use the toilet so I had to take him, as we were going; he just dragged me to himself and kissed me. I could not resist him. He confessed to me that he liked his movies.

The Proposal
Toyin RingOn December 31 2012, we were coming from Moji Olaiya’s movie location. He told me to allow them take the car away, giving several excuses. He told us to take a ferry, and on the ferry he proposed.
That was the sweetest thing that could ever happen to a woman. He asked and I said YES. I told him that he should have told me so I would have hired people to shout “Yes” on my behalf. We came back and there was a cab waiting for us.

Very romantic! Looking forward to this and many more BN Celebrity Weddings in 2013.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 42 Comments on ““When You Ask Me about Niyi, I Feel Like Flying. I Love Him, He is My Joy!” – Nollywood Actress Toyin Aimakhu shares her Love Story with fiance Adeniyi Johnson”

Comments
    • i no send January 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM

toyin is in love with love …..nothing do you ….its a beautiful thing

• brittany January 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM

LMAAAOOOOO

• cindar rose January 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM

It always cool when 1 find once love. Toyin nd niyi pray for ur togetherness

• Timma January 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Congrats Toyin,May God bless ur Union,Amen

• philipsmilicent January 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Best of luck girl friends

• makay January 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

dats super sexy..congrats

• Lulu January 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hilarious :)

• NNENNE January 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

All the best!

• Gina January 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Happy for her…love is worderful

• bgirl January 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM

True love…she doesn’t even care if it sounds childish…wish you guys long healthy relationship

• Me andYou January 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I second that @Lulu…simply jokes….

• Me andYou January 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Very fickle

• Niño January 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Wat do u mean hater

• Olaide January 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM

congratulations

• love January 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

its always like u’re a child when u find love. may God bless n keep u guys. i wish u best dear, don’t mind d hater….

• Purpleicious Babe January 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM

it sounded as if it was a child talking… not because of the love story, just the way it was told n written. He dragged me, he liked me, he did this, he did that etc. lol. funny stuff… bless

• brittany January 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

He opened his mouth…….LOL..my dear Toyin carry go bare

• AnONYMouS January 13, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Abeg too much information! BN what kind of interview is this biko?

• merry xmas BN readers January 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Jeeez,the grammer thou! Congrat

• Litsa January 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Congrants babez..happy for you Hun!mwaaaah <3

• MEE January 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM

First of all,congrats to Toyin .but then,at d’expense of being called a hater, i join those who say d love story sounds funny. Wats up wi al ds yoruba artist n’dia Rubbish seniority thing? Its gotten so. Bad dt some of dem shamlessly loothe about it! Hes my junior colleague,weda u r 50yrs n’am 20yrs n’i enterd d’industry bfor u,am ur senior colleague! Very LOCAL, am all for respect n’all dt comes wit acknowledgement, but this whole senior colleague thing is d’reason people see d’yoruba artist as Wannabes, wen he said he liked me, i asked him if he was high on cheap drugs!! Y bcos hes a junior colleague! Wallahi una no well!

• nwanyi na aga aga January 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM

In every industry there is hierachy, even in life so i dont understand why you are calling them local, in that your office, your boss who is younger than you are, is he not still your boss? Biko if you dont like them pass by. Dont hate.

• Iphie January 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

honestly, senior/junior colleague????oh please you dont have to mention it over and over again.

• Maxie January 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Okaaaaaay…… “….he opened his mouth….” How romantic….. Not!

• Italian Princess January 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Lol please was the interview done in Yoruba? (originally, before they translated to English)

• Creamy January 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Some people can’t just be happy for someone else!! Haters go to hell.

• lovablekb January 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM

am so happy 4 u toyin mayb d interview sound childish or not. enjoy…..

• iwalewa January 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM

l love u toyin and im your number one fan.i pray this will remain permanent in your life.he will love u for life.i pray for a good home for u

• Ene January 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM

The interview sound funny but romantic. Congrats toyin nd niyi.

• Ene January 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

The interview sound funny but romantic. Congrats toyin nd niyi. Abt d seniority stuff, i don’t buy it at all and dat’s why there’s so much quarrel nd hatred in d yoruba industry.

• Motun January 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

C’mon people, seniority is present in every sphere of life, not just the yoruba film industry….congrats toyin!

• wakapass January 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM

my hubby likes this babe die!!! me nko? i love her acting. she can be so real and so funny.
      i so wish her the best. congrats!

• Priscy January 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM

congrats to both of them

• Debs January 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Congrats toyin. From an experienced married woman…Please talk less. lol

• Omo January 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Why the emphasis on the “age thing” ?? my dear Toyin…I personally know Niyi ooooo..and i can bet that Niyi is NOT 3 years older than you #lipsealed!!!

• africannubian January 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM

dont gush and preen about niyi,put those effusions of romantic gestures in making sure this relationship works and is devoid of any unnecessary drama or accusations of infidelity thats what niyi or whatever his name is wants not for you to fly today and then we are accusations tomorrow

• Oluwaseun January 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Honestly, I doesn’t hurt to be happy when people make progress, so stop hating biko. And pls,there’s no big deal about the seniority stuff…it’s an eclipse that can’t be brushed aside#eyes rolling#

• Retrochic January 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

this is very funny, what do you expect from yoruba actors, lack of professionalism, Bella pls be careful. because your kinda post lately eh, am beginning to wonder

• bisi January 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM

1. toyin looks much older than him
      2. i thot toyin was datin som1 else, she was once pregnant and lost it on a movie location (so i read)
      3. bellanaija, why i the Lords name will you allow such an unprofessional interview on your site???? even if she spoke that kind of english, dont you guys edit anymore??? “when they stole my car”, “my friends make jest of me a lot with him”

• Joy January 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

All these rubbish seniority thing is the reason why most of them are at loggerheads with one another! Heard that’s why Iyabo Ojo and Liz Anjorin do not see eye to eye.

• Bunmi January 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I love u toyin alot, and i wish u well, congrats. but pls whats the fuss about junior and senior colleague it doesnt make sense oo

• TemTem February 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Congrats TOYIN nd NIYI i pray u luv each other till eternity.