Shocking!… Mistress Strangles Lover’s Four Children to Death in Anambra State

Posted on Monday, January 21st, 2013 at 2:10 AM

By Adeola Adeyemo

A 28 year-old lady in Anambra state is mourning the sad loss of her four children who were killed by her husband’s mistress. In what can be described as a very touching tale, Nwanneka Ogechukwu Okonkwo narrated how her four children Chukwuebuka, (13), Chukwumelum (6) Obumneme (3) and 15-month-old Chinenyenwa were allegedly killed by a lady simply identified as Blessing, from Abakiliki in Ebonyi State.

Narrating the tragic incident, the mother of the dead children told Sunday Sun at Ekwulumili Health Centre where she was recuperating from the shock, that she was also attacked by the suspect.

According to her, the suspect allegedly hit the eldest of her children, Chukwuebuka, on his forehead with a hard object and dumped the lifeless body inside an underground tank in the compound before strangling his siblings. There were marks of human nails on their necks that showed that they were strangled.

The report stated that her husband had been having an affair with the suspect and was also arrested along with her. Here is an excerpt of her account below:

“I was to go for a burial ceremony with my husband at Ukpor on that fateful day and the children went to school. We initially left with the youngest one, Chinenyenwa but the vehicle we boarded was jam-packed with passengers and the baby started crying. Consequently, my husband said we should disembark and use our motorcycle but people around said the road was too dusty to ride with a baby on a bike.

I decided to go home and wait for our other children who went to school so that they would take care of the baby and enable my husband and I to make the trip with our motorcycle. But long after school hours, the children didn’t come home. We went to the school and other pupils told us that our children had gone home. I looked for them along the roads they usually take to the house but I did not see them.

Thereafter, I urged my husband to go on his own and look for them, but he returned soon after, saying he had seen them coming home. Before my husband and I left for the burial, I gave them food and told them to go and stay with an old woman in the neighbourhood because we are the only occupants of that building, and I don’t like them staying alone in the compound. We had stayed barely one hour at the burial ceremony when my husband said we should go home.

But before we left, my husband’s phone rang and I heard him say, ‘I’m in a burial’. So, as we got close to our home, his phone rang again and he told the caller that we were not back yet. I didn’t ask him who the caller was as we rode straight to the house.

When we got to the elderly neighbour’s house, we were told that she had gone for prayers and that my children were not seen there. We got to the house and I opened the gate from behind believing that the children were inside the house. As we parked our motorcycle inside the compound, my husband pointed to the underground tank that was open. I became apprehensive because we don’t keep it open. But I said maybe the eldest might have drawn water from the well and had forgotten to close it.

I called Ebuka but there was no response. I ran into the sitting room and saw the three younger ones lying on the floor as if they were asleep. I ran out again believing that those three were sleeping. I continued to call Ebuka and looked into the tank and I didn’t see anything. Later, I decided to wake up Ebuka’s immediate younger brother to ascertain the whereabouts of his brother. I called him but he didn’t wake up; I tried to rouse him but he was motionless and so were the other two. I cried to my husband that the children were dead and I concluded that since the three were dead, Ebuka might be inside the well.

There were marks of human nails on their necks that showed that they were strangled. One of them had faeces in his anus. It was when my husband started crying and moved towards our bedroom, that the lady (suspect) emerged from the bedroom and asked him why he was shouting. Then, I advanced towards her and demanded from her, where she kept Ebuka’s body because I had seen the others she killed. I held her and she gripped me. When I freed myself from her grip, I rushed to lock one of the two gates and raised the alarm until neighbours came.”

This is really sad… May the souls of the innocent children rest in peace and may God grant the parents the fortitude to bear the loss.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

• Custom Search
  • 18 Comments on “Shocking!… Mistress Strangles Lover’s Four Children to Death in Anambra State”

Comments
    • R January 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Is this life! :( 4 innocent lives…. Where does the mothers even start from chei

• oma31 January 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Oh my God, we live in perilous times…. God comfort the bereaved….. just speechless

• Miss Mo January 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Wowzers. Tinz are indeed happening o. May the poor innocent children’s souls R.I.P.P. :(

• sunki January 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Wickedness!!!!

• Jay January 21, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Sad, that family needs comfort. People should please stop leaving children at home a lone or without a responsible adult neighbour. Remember that story of the 4 kids that got burnt because their parents locked them up home a lone. Kids need to be protected….. This is so sad.

• Spunk January 21, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I believe his mistress is psychotic n the man is also responsible for d death of his little ones,he should be castrated!This shd b a lesson 2 all men who no fit hold body but alas ,such men have ears in dia genitals,they listen only to it.May d children’s souls rest in eternal bliss.

• omg!!! January 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM

@Spunk, my thoughts exactly. That freak(man)is responsible for the demise of his kids. Crazy world we live in. May God console the woman. She needs God’s grace to pull through this.

• collins January 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

the man shouldnt have started the rltnship. Also the woman knows that he is married with children.she is wicked and not compleat

• ruth January 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

d heart of man is desperately wicked indeed!may God comfort dis poor woman and grant her a fresh new strt lyk Job.

• Aduke January 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My God!!! What?????????….Speechless!…….How did this evil person do this??? Lord…..

• oma January 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Saddest story i have ever heard in my whole life. God please comfort the mother of the kids

• KAISY January 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

This is very sad, may the children’s souls rest in peace. this woman is very wicked, why kill the children is their father you av business wit abi….

• Chibuzor January 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

What a world we live inl. What will the man tell the wife about this? Its sympathetic and unfortunate. God forgive us.

• yemi Adeleke January 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Hun..un!!! When u think U have problem think twice!!Becuase u don’t know what d next person around U is going thru. I just lost MY Dad of 60years old 43hours ago. Nd I feel like life living it nd everything is so crazy, But reading this and imaging what those children went thru from the she devil hand its more heart broken.

• Timma January 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

So sad!!!!!Lord have speechless!!!!!!

• dera January 23, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Some Men r neva satisfied…see wat infidelity nd unfaithfulness can cause in Marriage….men of these days go on d8tin women dey dnt even knw…see hw dis 1 hz landed himself wit an insane woman….loosin hz whole familly 4 hours of pleasure.may God help us

• jay January 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM

goodness gracious!!! emmm….. so what has been done to the killer?

• uka February 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM

my God my God So sad news tell me what has been done to the killer