Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 at 2:59 PM

By BellaNaija.com

With M.I’s love letter to Agbani Darego and Atoke’s love letter to Banky W; sending a  celebrity love letter is trending! Here is Chaste Inegbedion‘s love letter to rising music star Seyi Shay.

February as we all know is the season of love and before it “ends” I’d like to express my innermost feelings to my IRAWO - Seyi Shay. I love to save the best for the last!

IRAWO MI
Judge this day if my love for you is true,
Let love bridge the perceived gap between us two,
My love, wear my love like a beautiful hat,
Prophesy life into my soul like Deborah of old,
Liberate this thirsty soul,
Lead my heart like Joshua into the promise land,
And you will see that my beautiful intensions are uncountable like sand,
Oluwa lo se yi indeed!
Babe, you meet my every need,
Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua,
You’re my irawo-my shining star!

Dearest Seyi Shay,
You’ve been on my mind for awhile now and I’ve waiting for the perfect time to tell you that I’m loving your way girl. So, I reached deep within and wrote you the poem above my love. I hope you like it and it finds room in your warm heart.

My name still remains Chaste and you suit my taste. I remember the first time we met pretty well, it was at the MODE MEN AWARD NITE and sitting with you at the same table got me thinking Proverbs 18: 22! Though, I was unhappy at the presence of your company, that quantity who thinks he has magnitude and direction called-Vector! My heart was burning like wild fire, I, almost passed him a note reading “Angeli yi, emi mo ni”. Vector, is sure lucky I’m a 9ice guy.

But, luck almost ran out on Don Jazzy at the INDUSTRY NITE and CHARITY LOUNGE COLLABORATION EVENT at Oriental. You can only imagine the jealousy dear that ran through my vein when I saw you with him at the pool earlier that day. I, left like telling Jazzy to his face-“Goodie bag or no Goodie bag, ole gbaya lowo mi” because, I’m D’Prince of your heart. Gosh! You looked so irresistible that night I, couldn’t help but take a picture with you. I, posted our picture on my site- chastecharity.org, facebook page and twitter account (@chastecharity) for as long as love lasts and for all enemies of progress to see.

Though as a P.R professional, I’m in the business of managing reputation and perceptions and establishing good relationships with key stakeholders but, this is not a publicity stunt sweet heart. It’d be my singular honor to manage your heart just as I, simultaneously mange your heart. This gentleman here is quite multi-tasked.
Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay. I, can’t wait for the day you’d open heaven before my very eyes as you sing to my ever listening ears your favorite hymns from the days you were a member of the London Community Gospel Choir …I, can’t wait for the day we’d visit those thirteen cities you toured and performed in Japan when you were fourteen. You see there’s a whole lot your wonderful voice does to me when you sing-its rich texture and soothing appeal sweeps me of my feet.

This is a declaration of intent:
“TO LOVE ONLY YOU ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE”
Please, don’t get it twisted I’m no punisher honey; I’m just a man on fire like Bovi, a man who wants to rock your world like Bonjovi. Seyi love, I’m not chipmunk I, don’t tell white lies, I’m just a man who’s captivated by your bright eyes, rich lips, lovely hips, cute nose and fantastic clothes! You’re a beauty to behold!
Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay. You’re a diligent woman with a vision. How many people knew what they wanted to do with their lives at age six but, you did! My sweet performer rocking stages at such a tender age is mind blowing!

In 2005:
-You wrote the you will see song in Mel C’s (spice girls member) Beautiful Intensions album (which was a huge success)
- Wrote and produced three key songs for the konami Game Soundtrack; “Crime life”
- Signed your first record deal with Sir George Martin( Legendary producer of The Beatles)
You achieved all of this at age eighteen! Talk about talent, foresight, hard work and I’d talk about my baby-you.
Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay. I see strength, tenacity, the “can do” and “never say die” spirit in you.

In 2006:
-You formed your girl band Boadicea
- A band managed my Ron Tom( founder and manager of Suga Babes and All Saints)
Though the band split two years after you pressed forward and emerged as the lead singer of From Above ( British Rn B/Pop band) after attending a national audition . From Above was signed under Sony / Columbia Records Company and Music World Entertainment owned by Baba beyonce; Mathew Knowles….God sure Knowles I, need you in my life.

Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay. The titling of your bands’ MTV reality show Breaking From Above” which was also the title of its debut album was smart! Given the fact that the show aired in over 166 countries globally and Nickelodeon in USA was definitely not excluded. This intelligent move strengthened the bands’ brand, increased her popularity and it was pivotal (I believe) to supporting Beyonce on “I AM” UK tour in 2009/ 10 and 2011…..amazing!

Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay a.k.a Miss Versatile…..toured with Diddy and Beyonce in Uk, written and worked with brilliant minds like; H Money, Darey, Justin Timberlake, Chipmunk etc and upon your returning home you’ve rocked the same stage with; Tuface Idibia, P-Square, Wizkid, Davido etc recorded with fine producers like; Jay Sleek, Tee-y mix, Cobhams Asuquo, Del B. No doubt honey there’s no limit to your creative abilities.

Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay, you’re consistent! Began your career at age six, over two decades ago and you’re still relevant! Registering yourself in my heart as a sound Songwriter, Performing/Recording R n B/ Pop Artist…..you stand out from the pack in our music industry, an industry which seeks originality and mastery of one’s craft. Sweets, you’ve inspired and still inspiring many out there….what a role model you are!
I’m fascinated by your grasp of the Nigerian music industry. The fusion of our culture and language to your music nailed it with your hit singles; Loving your way, No lele, Irawo. Everyone’s having a Flytime watching your video, seeing you perform on stage, “Seyi Shay” is on the lips of everyone…no show is complete without you and I can’t wait for your album launch Boo……girl, I’m so into you*winks*

So, what’s your verdict-Is my love for you true? Love to attend all events that have you on the bill too.
Yours truly,
Chaste

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 47 Comments on “Love Letters Are Pouring In! Read Chaste’s “Loving Your Way” to Rising Music Star – Seyi Shay”

Comments
    • Ms. Jayee February 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Sorry Chaste, it s not ‘werking’ for me. Too long!!!

• Ankara February 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM

*dead* @ ‘werking’ Charle! We GH peeps dont talk like that….paaa. That’s soooo funny

• Bellanaijathegreatest February 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I understand the part of infatuation with an alluring singer but putting your feelings out like that is unwarranted. It could set you for disappointment and be a turn off for the lady, I don’t get this acts that reeks of desperation, be confident approach her, if she says no move on.

• mee February 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM

*yawns* too long a letter

• jay February 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

This is a no-no Chaste….sounds too desperate and seems all you like about her is the fact that she is a successful singer.smh. Yes,I am a woman and i would be pissed if a guy sent me this lame lines he put together calling a love letter. Sounding too infatuated with the fact she is a songstress.duh!!

• anonymous February 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

• Diya February 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha! “P.R professional….. who is multi- tasked”? Wait. What?

• Yvonne February 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I got bored, couldn’t even finish the letter … too long jare. I no even be Seyi Shay and am turned off blah!

• nnenne February 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

same here, couldn’t finish it. he seems to like only the superficial things. like someone pointed out, this might even turn the lady off. the previous letters got us all laughing and ‘awwing’ but this letter is just plain annoying and boring.

• eniola February 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Yeeeeee! lips sealed*

• x factor February 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

‘Though as a P.R professional, I’m in the business of managing reputation and perceptions and establishing good relationships with key stakeholders’……ADVERTORIAL VALUE..SHARP BENIN BOY…

• Ready February 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Omo, too many cooks spoil the broth. One more “Oh! I’m loving your way Seyi Shay” and I was gonna hurl. Self promo, then did promo (albeit riddled with errors) for Seyi Shay too…and then he didn’t have Atoke’s playfulness/wit. This wasn’ t as long as Atoke’s but you get a no. BN sef no try for you.

• Msunderstood February 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Haha, take it easy on d guy now. Don’t compare him wit Atoke who is a professional writer.

• I hate people that say "thank me later" February 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Didn’t he know he wasn’t a professional writer like Atoke or Poet like M.I. before choosing to write?? He coulda just sent a text message like the rest of us mere mortals…lol

• Bleed blue March 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

LMAO at your name…why though? What’s wrong with “thank me later”?

• I hate people that say "thank me later" March 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM

lols….its quite irritating and I find that they either give redundant or rude advice only demanding to be thanked for it….
          some of these new things people say (e.g. Google is your friend, famzing) just don’t augur well with me ni jare, don’t mind me

• DRY February 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

This was very boring…. couldn’t even finish it. I was also irritated.

• seye February 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Hmmnnn……I think it’s a lovely. It kicking of with a poem was pretty cool and unique, the poem’s very original. The letter itself had a lot of word play and it displayed Chastes’ creativity. You need to have taken classes in O/Level physics to understand this particular line.” that quantity who thinks he thinks he has magnitude and direction”…..I believe He said a lot because there’s a lot to say about Seyi Shay… there’s a lot to say about some one who started performing at age six…..I’m sure Seyi Shay would appreciate the diligence and creativity involved in coming up with this. Great one Mr. Chaste

• lol… BN commenters you pple are mean sha.. give the guy a break joor

dprodigaldaughter.com

• deetz February 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM

the first stanza was on point, then he wrote a whole book. i mean i guess he’s in love.

• me February 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

boooooooooooooooring…..

• Chris Ayo Joseph February 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Rubbish!!! Yuck!!! why does he have to wait till now to write his love letters? After the other lady wrote hers to Banky W. That’s one thing with Nigerians they wait for you to Manufacture first and then they come up with Imitation. Team Bella, You guys should be ready for More Love Letters to Various Celeb!
      @Chris_ayojoseph

• BlackMagic babe February 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Oh well BN commentators,is that not what you guys want? This isn’t longer than Atoke love letter na! Smh….one pers criticise and d whole train follow,

• jen February 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Since letters re trending lemme kukuma tell donjazzy my mind ( ˘˘̯ ) … Bt bros dis letter is too long and boring cldnt even finish it

• Rukky March 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

this guy no get work o *hand over mouth*

• Dziree March 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM

What is this hot mess bikonu?? T’was too painful to finish

• Shallie's Purple Beehive March 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM

waohhh too long just too long..and are u sure he dint get all those facts from google? “broadcasted in 166 countries” bla bla bla.. o ga.. na wa..
      aomosale.blogspot.co.uk/

• Mayor March 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Any lady that appreciates a good piece of creativity would curtsey at this your proposal my noble man dazed by the influence of cupid’s arrow. Dear Shey Shay O’Cherie, I prithee to please honour this man’s request, and grant him a few minutes to defend his noble case before your royal self. I’m enjoying these love missives and if Nigerians have been ruled out or romance, the world should have a re-think. Oooooshay!

• Bleed blue March 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Huh?

• Annie March 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM

na wa…..love letter ko, love letter ni, i almost slept off reading this…Pls BN no more love letters, i haf tired.

• Thor March 1, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Worst Love letter ever!
      If this guy is into PR and he wrote that then I see hunger in his future.

• Will March 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Publicity STUNT! …gone wrong?

• Damie Damie March 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

kk bro.
      Oh,i’m loving your way Seyi Shay! did you have to say that a million times? I’m sorry to say i didn’t finish this letter. Maybe if i had, i would have found something positive to commend you on. But this letter is dry. dry like stockfish. Very unromantic and boring something. What if i told you, you can be creative and not copy M.I and Atoke? Eurrgghh. Find another means of approach brother. This is not it. Don’t worry, i’ll follow you on Twitter since you stylishly advertised. Its the least i can do to make up for my candid and probably evil comment :(

• Oma March 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Stalkerish much??? *sigh* beth y??

• Pepper March 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

BorrrrrrrrrrrRrrring!

• Graco March 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Na wa. He should have just put full stop after the poem and ended it there.
      He sure did his research sha. This was more educational for me than romantic. U sure say this one no be underground PR manager for Seyi? Had no idea she had achieved all that. Nice!

• haters anonymous March 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

STALKER much???

• Retrochic March 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Mehn BN commentators can be mean, lol, buh the letter was actually boring

• Priscy March 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

BORRRRRING….just felt like u were after her for her beauty and success.

• Magz March 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i couldn’t finish this. damn too long! hian!

• tbn March 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Kai this one na BN prose oh. It kept going on and on, I ended up losing interest and scrolling to the end. I hope the Seyi Shay who is the recipient of this letter will be able to read it through sha. Good luck to you Chaste!

• Coliins March 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

its long, no one would finish it, i didnt!

• oluwaseyi March 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

@ don jazzy I, left like telling Jazzy to his face-“Goodie bag or no Goodie bag, ole gbaya lowo mi” because, I’m D’Prince of your heart.
      @vector Though, I was unhappy at the presence of your company, that quantity who thinks he has magnitude and direction called-Vector! My heart was burning like wild fire, I, almost passed him a note reading “Angeli yi, emi mo ni”. Vector, is sure lucky I’m a 9ice guy.
      please guys all we need is love sincerity of the heart…but lets ask the question why seyi shay? BN SHOULD AT LEAST INTERPLAY THE STORY WITH PICTURES LIKE ATOKE”S PLEASE BELLA LETS HAVE A HAPPILY EVER-AFTER STORY LIKE ATOKE CAN THEY MEET?@IYANYA’S SHOW
      @BOVI Please, don’t get it twisted I’m no punisher honey; I’m just a man on fire like Bovi, a man who wants to rock your world like Bonjovi. Seyi love, I’m not chipmunk I, don’t tell white lies CC: MY NAMESAKE SEYI SAY SOMETHING

• sweetlips March 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM

The guy is totally smitten and i get it but i think he should have just stuck with the poem which i so totally enjoyed. The other part sounded desperate!

• princess March 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I LOVE HAPPY ENDING STORY WOULD BELLA NAIJA TEAM DO THE SAME AS THEIR STAFF ATOKE’S … I ALZ LOOK UP TO THIS PAGE TO GET AN INSPIRING ADVICE TO RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGES WHAT CAN HE DO TO WIN HIS LOVE? A PHOTO SHOOT OF BOTH OF THEM 2.SEYI SHAY COMMENT 3. WHAT IS THE VERDICT? DONT U GUYS INVESTIGATE AT ALL USE FLYTIME CREW BLA BLA…

• ebony March 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Nigerians and reading are like two parallel lines shu!!.. anyways, i shouldn’t be judgmental cos i can fit to write long tins too.. the question is, is this real? abi he is just fibbing around?

• suku April 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The poem part was really creative…after that, i lost interest