Posted on Friday, April 5th, 2013 at 1:24 PM

By Damilare Aiki

Toke Makinwa - A Night with Banky W - BellaNajia

Last week, Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa spoke on the Married Woman Syndrome – Guidelines for Single ladies, now this week she’s back with another engaging conversation.

It’s all about the inappropriate conversations. From weight gain/loss to asking where people are, Toke shares some inappropriate discussions.

P.S If you want to hear Toke sing, be sure to watch this video. She belts out John Legend‘s “Ordinary People”

Check out the video!

Photo Credit: Ebenezer Dada for Insigna

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 45 Comments on “Must Watch Video! To Say or Not to Say – Media Personality Toke Makinwa speaks on “Inappropriate Conversations””

Comments
    • Retrochic April 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

lol

• titolicious April 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Toke ,nice talking and singing voice.

• Jenny April 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM

You just won yourself a fan*mwuah* love ! love !love especially where you add the pidgin#stylish#. Will watch nxt wednesday. Babe, pple can b sarcastically polite o especially the women. Envy is in the bloodstream. I stay away from the group gists in my church or eventsas much as I can cause they can suck you in , bf you say Jack Robinson your mouth don dey run. Lol. Did I just deviate from ur topic*wondering*.

• victoria April 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM

awww tokstarrrrr….i just love this babe, esp when she transitions into her razz down-to-earth unilag accent…hahahahah “are u a stalkers” lol love u boo

• Knut April 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I didn’t think Nigerians were sensitive to neutral (or positive comments) about weight gain or weight loss, I thought that was an oyinbo thing. I used to make such comments when I was back home and I meant absolutely no harm, I’m just a keen observer. But in Yankee, I dare not… before someone bursts into tears and has to go into therapy!

• Bimpe April 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

You got that right hun…LOL

• Hope April 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

A keen observer? LOL As if the person who has gained/lost the weight doesn’t know. You can’t know their body better than they do. In Nigeria, every person will be commenting left and right…even though they know that other Nigerians must have pointed it out to you already. lol. What is keen about that observation??

• Brittany April 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

sounds like u have gained or lost weight hun

• Bunmi April 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Abi o. Keen observer. Be a keen observer of your mouth. Observe how you use your mouth to comment on something that isn’t your business.

• Grayce April 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM

hahahahahahhhhahahahahahahahhah LMAAAOOOOOO……u got it soooo right

• #Mummy April 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

really? i must be really bored else there is no reason why i will be watching this….*sighs

• Partyrider April 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM

nah you are not bored.you just here cos you have nothing nice or positive to say. you saw the headline before clicking,and you probably went ahead to watch it and you are here saying crap..pls have several seats

• bee April 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Ya I agree with the inappropriate conversation thing. I remember last year while I was visiting Nigeria, I went to the salon to get my sister and one of the hair stylists just said ‘your face is bad you need facials’. I looked at her and was like ya but I did not find it funny. It was like the next thing she said after saying good afternoon. She probably did not mean any harm but I felt attacked esp as I was aware of my face and its not so good state at the time. And also, I hate it when people call me and ask ‘where are you?’ Are you my father? Why the questions? What is your business? Am I owing you…lol…just thought to share.

• Bunmi April 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Even my father doesn’t call and immediately ask where I am. He is so chilled like that. Nigerians don’t mind their business thats why they make decisions based on what others think or will think. e.g getting married to anything because people are putting pressure on you, buying a phone/hair/ popping drinks in a club with your last change because you want to fit in.

• Amerbo April 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I just love how Toke and Toke’s family members post positive comments on her videos. It is way too cute. We know it is you Toke. Get a life

• Tango April 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It’s funny how you keep coming week after week to say “Toke and Toke’s family members post positive comments” . You don’t need to repeat yourself every week. Aren’t you the jobless one. If you can’t stand her why do you keep clicking on a post about her. You are like those folks that go ranting about Kim Kardashian meanwhile they are watching keeping up with the Kardashians on Sunday.

• Partyrider April 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM

+1 for you Tango..

• Blossom April 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Tango (and all the other commenters praising this post) =Toke and her family members.

Daz all.

• MZ April 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I enjoy Toke’s videos. I think people are too hard on her, she seems lovely.
      uberchicmichi.com

• amah April 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

WOW! Amerbo,you must really know Toke and all her family members for you to conclude that they are the ones who post positive comments on her vlogs. You should take your own advice and get a life instead of sitting behind a pc/phone to type nonsense. I am not Toke’s friend or family member.Toke wouldn’t recognise me if i’m standing infront of her right now but ur comment was totally uncalled for and so i felt the need to put you in your place so yeah,bite me!

• Joan April 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

GBAM! :)

• Joan April 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM

@Jenny I agree with that whole church group gist o. You can get sucked in without even knowing lol.
      I’m becoming a huge Toke fan, really. :)

• AW April 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Atimes Nigerians don’t know when to “put a cork in it”! My absolute hate when it comes to inappropriate language; “when are you going to marry?”, “do make you born boy!” Or “you have travelled and left your husband, do you know what he is up to?” And I always ask; how is that your problem? Does it affect the price of fish in the market? Nigerians! We do serious amebo all in the name of goodwill.

• Anon April 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I laughed when she fluffed the lines in the song. I do that a lot.

• Evezzz April 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Toke please sit down somewhere n get a life. All this attention seeking gaan sef.

• Que April 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

ahn ahn r u not tireeeeeddddddd…. I’m not exactly her fan but hey she blogs, vlogs, etc if u don’t like it u don’t have to tune in! kilode!

• Partyrider April 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM

you are the one who should take a trip to IKEA cos i dont have enough seats to give you.
        she has a life,you should probably get one yourself cos it seems to me you dont have one. you saw the link,clicked,watched the video and you are here blabbing..
        just like she said,if you never have something nice or positive to say dont say anything at all.

• lolo April 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Nice dark knuckles

• Sarah April 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I am one of the lightest skinned Nigerians I know and my knuckles are clearly darker than the rest of my hands. Perhaps I should cut them off because ewures like you wont let people like me rest. Leave her and her dark knuckles alone. Pepeye iranu.

• Partyrider April 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

i have enjoyed all your vlogs so far.looking forward to next week’s own.
      meanwhile i loved the harlem shake keek video

• Brittany April 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

whatever Toke has done to deserve all this hate.. I have no idea..the girl is pretty and lovely.. I dont know her personally and Ive never met her but i cant knock her hustle…let her do what she does…I dont understand Nigerians especially the jobless and slightly privileged ones who have the opportunity to access internet just come and spew hate and either call it constructive criticism or just passing opinions… are u a motherless baby??leave girl alone..
      girl do your thing tho..I love this

• dang April 10, 2013 at 4:19 AM

lmao @jobless and slightly privilege onces. hi POT, meet KETTLE.lol

• Amerbo April 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Toke/Toke’s family dont be so obvious. The fact that you know I come week after week is enough to show that it is you and your little allies that are posting positive comments on blogs. One of your so called allies gave me the gist that when a post about Toke is on bella, you all rush (Toke included) with defensive comments about her.IT is not cute. Stop shoving her down our throats. You cant force a fan base. IT comes naturally

• Rachael April 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Did someone put a gun or a bullet to your head and forced you to click on an article that clearly has her name on it? Aren’t you an adult. You claim not to like her but you clicked on the page with your own hand.

• Matt April 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Who enforced it upon you to click on this article. You are the one with typing diarrhea that can’t help yourself. You have that constant urge to always write something negative. Go drink from the fountain of constructive criticism and positivity.

• uby April 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM

i have always loved Toke….Gosh!

• gthuu April 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Amerbo,
      I think she just has a really good strong PR team behind her. I wont say they are her family. I think her PR team does all her damage control. So when a post appears, they will quickly overshadow it with positive comments so that the negative people can stir away. That is the psychological part of pr. Every celeb needs a strong PR team

• Blossom April 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Which PR team??? My goodness, people are so naive! Have you seen or met Toke before?? This girl has enough energy to power the whole of Africa. She is the one posting everytin herself. Best believe.

• missthang April 10, 2013 at 4:02 AM

LOL, really she respond to this herself? that’s so not cool and its creepy and am sorry but that’s kind of retarded that is if she does it herself. you should let people comment its part of the fun or else tell bella to stop uploading your vlog on her blog. cause you dish out the advice and can’t use 1 out of it is not cool, if you cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. I agree some responses are not kind but when you have something like this then you have to develop a thick skin cause not every1 will like you, so you just have to deal with it.
          p.s: whoever you guys r don’t come after me with silly and ratchet you comments, cause ama finish you.

• Nancylee April 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

@ missthang so if I said I have 5 million dollars stashed in my room you would just believe me without having met me before. or If I said every negative comment about Toke was from LIB you would believe that also. Until you’ve met someone to see them for who they are don’t jump into conclusions because of what blossom and so so so are saying. I can remember the nasty things people you used to say about the late Goldie and I was fortunate to meet her a couple of times and she was the nicest and coolest person ever. Make and form your own judgement yourself not based on what someone else is saying.

• why not? April 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM

She sure got a strong PR team…why all the defence? When has she became the luv one?hahahahahahahah

• AW April 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

All these people making comments about Toke! Comment on what she said and not how she looks and move on. What is your opinion on inappropriate conversations? I don’t think the gist of the article is ‘what is do you think of Toke?’ . Until she does a life story, keep your opinion to yourself. Females learn to love each other and drop this “pull her down syndrome”. Remember, “what goes around comes around” and Karma can be a bitch.

• Mama mia!!! April 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Na wa o Naija, Look how U guys have now started enjoying her hustle.lol good for you all! I like this side of her though, being herself and all, I hope. But wait O, Bella, doesn’t she have a Vlog. Please ehn next time, allow us to explore it ourselves. Thanks!!!

• Temizzy April 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thank you Toke love, i am really smilling. As for the Haters keep hating and my Toke will keep going higher and higher and higher above all of you ook. Dont start your hustle be there judging bus go leave you, your eye go clear*tongue out*

• feisty chic April 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM

1. For those of you who don’t like her, stop clicking on her vlog posts on BN and leave it for those who do.
      2. If her family members are supporting her, then that means she is a good person and well loved by them.
      3. Can we stop posting personal comments on people who post topics and comment instead on the topics they posted (in a mature and enlightened manner)
      4. BN keep posting any topics from her that you deem of interest to all cos not everyone has the time to go look at her blog/vlog page.
      5. For those with the ‘runny mouth’ disease that always have to pass a comment on a person’s appearance, please find a cure asap.