A few days ago, my cousin’s girlfriend came to visit. I had caught her staring at me a few times than normal so I asked if there was a problem. Towards the end of the visit, she mentioned that she had actually been trying to figure out if I’d had my eyebrows tattooed.
When people wonder how celebrities get that perfect look even with their eyebrows, I always tell them that it’s really about knowing the shape of your face and the technique for getting the perfect brows.
If done right, your eye brows are the first thing people will see on your face. This is why it’s essential that you get it right so you don’t look like a scarecrow with a permanently anxious expression.
To get perfect eyebrows (and yes there is such a thing) all you need are the following things –
- Eyebrow Definer/Shadow or a shadow that suits your natural brow color (optional)
- A concealer brush
- A flat top brush for blending (optional)
- A spoolie or eyebrow brush
- Tweezers (optional)
There are different shapes of eyebrows for different shapes of faces. It is important to know the shape of your face and your eyebrows in order to know how to proceed with getting the perfect brows.
Check out this chart with a description of each face shape and the eyebrows that would best suit them.
It is important that you know where to place your eyebrow. Because it is being drawn, it is possible to forget that the brow should flow with your brow bone (the top half of the eye socket). Here’s how to nail your brows true position.
- Place a pencil along the right or left side of the bridge of your nose. Along the length of the pencil the brow bone and pencil will meet. The point at which this occurs should be the beginning of your brow.
- Take the pencil again and place it at the edge of the nostril; left or right and align it with the outer corner of the eye. Where the brow bone/eye socket and the pencil meet after the eye is where the brow should end. The end of the tail is also referred to as the tail of the brow.
- The arch is very important because it could take your look from pleasurable to surprised. To determine where this arch would be, place the pencil along the outer corner of the nostril; left or right and align it with the middle of your eye. Above the eye, the pencil will meet the brow bone/ eye socket; that should be the highest point of your eyebrow’s arch.
- After you have established the beginning, arch and end of the brow, connect the three points. You are to do this for both the top and bottom of the brow and the left and right side of the face.
- Tweeze any extra hair you may have outside the original hairline, then brush your eyebrow hair strands back with the eyebrow brush. Brush the brow upward and cut outstanding hairs to eliminate long strands that could fall out of place later.
- Lightly fill in your eyebrows with the eyebrow pencil (preferably the same color of your hair) until you have covered the entire eyebrow section. After this you could choose to fill it in again with an eyebrow definer or just use an eye shadow that does not have glitter. It is optional.
- Use the concealer to clean around the eyebrow making sure you create a clean line, tracing from the inner eyebrow bone to the outer corner. Do this for the top and bottom of the brows.
- Blend out the concealer with the flat top brush in opposite directions of the eyebrow until it has successfully blended into your forehead and crease.
To get your eyebrows to stand out and look really defined, use a concealer that is one shade lighter than your actual shade. Be sure to blend it in properly so you don’t have any harsh lines of concealer on your face. You could also use a foundation to blend it out finally for a better blend.
Although there are many variations to this technique with less or more products this is just one of them.
Watch this video and please share your tips on how you achieve your eyebrows.
Photo Credit: thatigbochick.com | ynaija.com |thenetng.com