Are you ready for a feel good experience? The LPM Beauty Special holds this weekend and this edition marks the launch of the LPM Inside Royalty Scheme – where you spend over N3,000 on fragrance, skincare, beauty or cosmetics and the shopper gets a stamp. With 12 stamps, the shopper will receive N10,000 worth of delectable treats from some of LPM’s best vendors.

You can look forward to free makeovers and discounts on make up from MyMakeupNG and Lady Biba to name a few, hair extensions, hair accessories, skin care and more. Also there will be offers and expert insider tips including tips and tricks from the Blowdry Bar beauty team’s mini studio on MymakeupNG.

Vendors on the day include:
CookieSkin | Alexis Couture |MyMakeupNG | Chic Carpenta |OurSByJuliada | The BlowdryBar@L’Espace |L’Espace |Lady Biba | Sisi Hair Collector | YM Couture | Stella’s Addiction | Liz Yemoja Glam Lashes | Zooto Phartion Company and many more!

Date: Sunday 30th June 2013
Time: 12PM – 7PM
Venue: Imperial Place, Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island, Lagos

Become an LPM Insider now and get intouch with LPM via Twitter @LePetitMarcheNG | Tumblr LPMPaper  | Instagram LPMNigeria | Add on BBM: BB Pin: 28BC6BE3

For news, updates and LPM Highlights, delivered straight to you sign up here: http://eepurl.com/y2RPT
For further inquiries email info@lpmnigeria.com or call 07028028960.

LPM Vendor Spotlight5 Minutes with Lelslie Okoye of CookieSkin (Conducted by LPM Team)

Leslie Okoye of CookieSkin - BellaNaija - June2013

Leslie Okoye, CEO CookieSkin

Tell us about yourself and your brand
Hello, my name is Leslie Okoye and I’ve got CookieSkin – “skin so fresh it’s edible”. The CookieSkin® brand was developed in 2010 under the supervision of two Dermatologists who specialize in skin care for women of color. CookieSkin® is on a quest to change the meaning of ‘good skin’ among women of color. We believe that no matter your origin or complexion you can and should have CookieSkin. CookieSkin® has created the Dermal Repair line, a preventative and corrective skin care line made with superior active ingredients that nourishes the skin for an irresistible fresher, younger, brighter looking skin. CookieSkin® brings highly active skin care formulations to women of color in need of visible results that reveal irresistible flawless skin; always fresh, radiant and youthful- CookieSkin!

All our products are tested and are hydroquinone free, steroid free and and non-irritating. They have been carefully designed to treat and prevent acne and cystic acne, uneven skin tone, dark spots, pregnancy mask, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, large pores and dull Skin.

I began learning about skin care since I was 12 years old and I have my mom to thank for that. She not only taught me ‘the how’ but also the importance of washing my face properly with a face towel and of using sunscreen everyday. I remember being intrigued by the lovely packaging of the sunscreen lotions and body lotions we used after switching from Vaseline, wondering what the fuss was all about.

What Inspired the brand name?
My husband came up with the name. Let me quickly explain. It’s summer 2010 and we are sitting on the couch brainstorming for a name for my skin care line. I say ‘we’ because I was nice to include him in my creation. I yell at him to stop, because he wouldn’t let me concentrate as he was busy licking and nibbling and kissing my thighs and arms. He says he’s sorry and then continues and then I ask how can I concentrate when you won’t leave me alone and he says “it’s not my fault, it’s yours, how can I concentrate when your skin is so fresh. I can’t resist, I seriously want to bite you.” We laugh and he gets the idea as he tries to explain to me “every woman should aim to have this kind of fresh skin that is irresistible…you should call it CookieSkin“. And for the few times in our marriage, I took his advise without arguing.

What product would you strongly recommend from the CookieSkin range?
Well, there are only 5 products in the Dermal Repair line and that was done on purpose so ladies will learn that less is more. It’s hard to pick only one but it would have to be the Complexion Day Lotion spf50. The Complexion Day Lotion spf50 is a must have for every woman and (man even), you can’t find a day cream/lotion like it anywhere, and believe me,  I’ve looked and compared. During the day, our skin is most vulnerable to sun and environmental damage so you need a multi-tasking moisturizer like CookieSkin’s Complexion Day Lotion spf50 which prevents skin darkening, maintains a lighter & brighter even skin tone, has anti-oxidants, is oil free and prevents sun damage.

Some ladies will argue that they don’t need it as they don’t stay under the sun. My answer to that is the sun finds you in your car, in your office, when you are outdoors for two minutes, walking to your car etc. Also, a lot of African women have sensitive skin and need this lotion because they have irritated their skin by using the wrong products, most containing hydroquinone or strong exfoliating agents. Any woman using hydroquinone or any fading or exfoliating or bleaching cream, soap, serum or such needs CookieSkin, so do all women over 23 years.

What’s next for CookieSkin in 2013?
Expansion and more expansion. I just started selling online worldwide. Currently, demand for CookieSkin has increased by over 300% in the past 18 months with numerous requests for location based in-store sales. People want to be able to walk to their local pharmacy or beauty shop and see CookieSkin there. I’m working on increasing distribution and purchase locations to cover major cities in Nigeria. Also, CookieSkin will be available in stores in Ghana this year.

Any new Products we should look forward to? A sneak peek?
I don’t want to speak to soon, but yes CookieSkin® has got some fresh recipes cooking. Think fresh, pure, soft, natural and clean. You’ve got to wait till the end of August.

What is one piece of beauty advice or an insider’s secret that you can hare with our readers?
You only got one skin for the rest of your life, you can’t remake it, you can only maintain it. So, be gentle, treat and care for it like you would a baby. Use CookieSkin® products, a necessary and essential skin care line made with natural active ingredients such as milk and fruit acids, kojic and licorice root extracts, hyaluronic acid, vitamin B3, vitamin C and more.

CookieSkin products are extremely effective and are proven to give the visible results I know you want.

***

Contact: For more info and general inquiries;
Follow LPM Twitter at https://twitter.com/LePetitMarcheNG
Follow on Tumblr at www.lpmpaper.tumblr.com
Follow on Instagram at www.instagram.com/lpmnigeria
Sponsored Content

28 Comments on You’re Invited to the LPM “Discover Beauty” Event in Lagos | Sunday 30th June 2013 + LPM Vendor Spotlight with Leslie Okoye of CookieSkin
  • lola June 28, 2013 at 2:06 pm

my brown sugar and olive oil for exfoliating, lemon for reducing spots, jojoba oil(contains some sunscreen) and sweet almond oil for moisturizing . thanks. trying include more natural skin care products in my regimen.

• Leslie Okoye June 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Hello Lola, you are on the right track, however, except you choose, you do not have to go 100% natural, but suncreen, sunblock that actually blocks the sun and not just uva/uvb filters is a must. Go to LPM and get some CookieSkin.

• tatafo! June 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm

“Relevant vendors get 30% off sticker price”
    Na wa o, which one is “relevant” again.

• LPM June 28, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Hello!

We mean vendors relevant to the category in the ‘limelight’ that month. Beauty Vendors this month, Accessories next and so on and so forth. We hope this clears up any concerns or misunderstandings!

Thanks,

LPM Team

• Jayycandy June 28, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Leslie good job :) Cookie skin rocks !

• Chichi June 28, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I use Cookie Skin and I strongly recommend Dermal Repair Nourishing Whitening Cream…as it helps my face glow.

• so sickkk June 28, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Gbam! #that’sall -___- zzzzzzzzzz

• favour June 28, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Please where can I get cookies skin in Festac town

• Leslie Okoye June 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm

CookieSkin is not yet in Festact town, however, do contact the sales rep on 08060147168 to get the closest location. Follow CookieSkin on tweeter @Cookieskin, on Instagram @mscookieskin

• dee one June 29, 2013 at 4:42 am

Where can we get it in Abuja….I’d like to try it, I’ve just recently started changing all my cosmetics and beauty essentials to natural based products that will make my skin glow without bleaching it and I’m looking for a good cream.

• Leslie Okoye June 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

In Abjua, please go to Perfumery store at the Hilton Hotel, BOMAS Supermarket in WUSE 2 or contact the sale rep in Abuja on 0833143427 Follow CookieSkin on tweeter @Cookieskin, on Instagram @mscookieskin

• dee one July 2, 2013 at 3:09 am

Thank you…..

• pamelaisi June 29, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Ok so I’ve been using cookie skin for about 1 month now and my skin looks amazing. Now I’m addicted, I can’t stop ranting and raving about this product to everyone I meet, and did I mention my sin look amazing. Theres this amazing glow you get from using CookieSkin. Anyway thanks Leslie! Now I’ve become one of your marketers. Lol.

• Leslie Okoye June 29, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Awwwzies, thanks much Pamela, glad you love. I feel the same way to especially as CookieSkin really passed the test in keeping me 100% fresh, acne free and even while I was pregnant both time…o and not one stretch-mark, think I went through 8 bottles the Brightening Body Lotion spf20 and the Complexion Day Lotion spf50. Follow CookieSkin on tweeter @Cookieskin, on Instagram @mscookieskin

• dee one July 2, 2013 at 3:20 am

Wats the difference between the two ( brightening body lotion and complexion day cream ) plus is either better for different complexions….please

• Anna Smith July 1, 2013 at 6:14 am

Wow! it’s really nice.. I love it..and willing to use cookieskin for better results… :-)

• theeto July 1, 2013 at 12:47 pm

@lessie wia can i get this on the mainland….. and does it help to clear strecth marks…

• Leslie Okoye July 2, 2013 at 12:17 am

Hello, please try Pharmacy 2U at Anthony Village. Also you can call the sales rep on 08060147168

• Leslie Okoye July 10, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Hi Theeto, I can’t answer for sure because I have to see the degree of your stretch marks. That being said no cream really clears stretchmarks, CookieSkin will make it look better and help fade the dark color. Meanwhile, I used CookieSkin Brightening Body Lotion spf20 on my body all through both pregnancies and not one stretch mark.

• temitope July 2, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Does it actually suit any skin type?

• Leslie Okoye July 10, 2013 at 1:23 am

Hello, yes it suits all skin types. Please refer to our website for more details

• Steve Collins July 4, 2013 at 6:28 am

Hi Lola, right choice of skin care products help in keeping the skin safe from all the infections, it also helps in maintaining clean and healthy skin.

• Yt July 4, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Please where can I get it on the island and what are the products in the line.

• Leslie Okoye July 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm

L’Espace store 19a Olosa Road off Karimu Kotun street VI. Med Plus on Saka Tinubu street

• nneeeeee July 5, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Hi Leslie, good job with the product line. I’m really curious about starting the line. But have a question about the whitening cream. I have quite fair skin already and dont want to get any lighter. would you be coming out with a night cream that nourishes without whitening? Looking forward to your response.

• Leslie Okoye July 10, 2013 at 1:37 am

Hello Nne, for now I have to give the people what they want, and majority of ladies I’ve surveyed battle with uneven complexion, dull skin, dark patches and spots. So to answer your question, I simply have not thought much about that. However all creams or serums I develop will always do more than brighten or whiten. Customers experience results such as smoother, softer, fresher, healthier, younger looking skin that’s just plain beautiful.

• Louisa July 29, 2013 at 5:18 pm

How do i get one in anambra(unizik)

• Aj November 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Hi, I’m interested in picking a moisturizer from your line but I’m worried about the words lightening, brightening, whitening… I’m dark and would love to even out my skin tone but I don’t want lighter skin at all. Does your product really lighten?