We all love being beautiful. To get as beautiful as we wish, we get beauty advice on our faces, hair, makeup etc. But there are some uncomfortable topics that, even though they make you cringe, have to be dealt with. What am I talking about? Bum acne.
Yes people, it is not a myth. Bum acne exists and can be quite uncomfortable. It is caused by almost the same elements that cause facial acne. Due to the thickness of skin on the bottom, the acne could become more severe and larger in size and the larger the size the more uncomfortable it is.
Treating acne on your bum is similar to treating acne on your face but the skin on the bum can withstand harsher treatment. So, it is not advisable to use the same products for your face and your bum because it wont have a string effect.
Like I always say, it is better to treat a condition or know how to treat a condition before it turns to a big problem. So, here are a few ways to deal with and treat bum acne.
1. Take half a lemon and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Use a cotton ball and immerse it in the bowl and then rub the infected area generously. Citrus acid is great for cleansing acne, dirt and bacteria. Applying the fresh lemon juice to the acne will cleanse it, gradually clearing the acne and using its bleaching agent to gradually fade any blemishes.
2. Rub a generous amount of natural honey on the affected area and leave on for about 20 minutes. The antiseptic element of the honey kills bacteria and clears pores. Natural honey has also been said to have regenerative properties which will help in the growth of new skin.
3. Visit your local pharmacy and ask for a prescription of anti-inflammatory drugs to help with the swelling that naturally comes with acne.
4. Just like you do with your face, you can exfoliate your bum acne. Use a body scrub with a wash cloth to wash and therefore remove dead skin cells from your bum. This might not help get rid of the existing bumps, but it would prevent them from increasing.
5. Use a shower gel with salycilic acid to help with the acne. This helps prevent pimples from starting and clears the skin as well.
6. Avoid underwear made from nylon and thongs that are too tight. These underpants can trap perspiration. Even though trapped perspiration cannot cause pimples, it can lead to irritations which could produce bumps.
7. Always remember to soak your underpants in detergent and not just put them through a quick wash. When your underwear isn’t washed properly, it can lead to accumulated dirt which would rub against your skin on a daily basis. This would definitely lead to acne.
Apart from these tips, there are many other tips that could help prevent and get rid of bum acne. Remember that taking care of every part of your body is very important.
Do you have any bum acne advice you would like to share and can benefit others? Don’t forget to share them with us.
Photo Credit: 123rf